• Latest reply 2 years ago by kcirrick
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jp new translite 2 (resized).jpg
jp new translite 1 (resized).jpg
jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
jurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park Stern alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park stern alternate translite sp premium sunset copy (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park Stern alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park stern alternate translite sp p copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park de alternate translite p 2 copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park de alternate translite p 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park - Data East - Movie Sunset copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park de cabinet decals sunset copy (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park de alternate translite p 1 sunset copy (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park - Data East - Movie copy (resized).jpg
jurassic park de cabinet decals copy (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

It's a new project! And as usual, would love to share the progress with all here.
This time I am gonna try to do something completely different! I am gonna make the same art but for 2 different machines!

Will start with the DE Translite and then will adapt the art to the Stern one.
I will also do (at least try) to do the cabinet decals for the DE machine. Will not do for Stern because I see no reason to change those lol

Enjoy!

Let's start with a blank canvas just with logos.

DE:

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

Stern:

Jurassic Park Stern alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park Stern alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

DE Cabinet:
(Will not put logos on the head because I want to put the characters there)

JP DE side L copy (resized).jpgJP DE side L copy (resized).jpg

JP DE side R copy (resized).jpgJP DE side R copy (resized).jpg

JP DE front copy (resized).jpgJP DE front copy (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Don’t own a JP game but want to see what you come up with. Also want to see your new blades when there ready! Good luck with all your projects.

#3 3 years ago

p.s. The intention is to do something with the characters from the movie integrated with the dinosaurs and all the other elements (Jeeps, etc).

#4 3 years ago

First character in.
HE will also be on the head, on top. (for now)

DE:

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

JP DE  head R copy (resized).jpgJP DE head R copy (resized).jpg

In case anyone is wondering, this is a hand drawing:

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 19.22.33 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-07-24 at 19.22.33 copy (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Can’t wait till you get to the blades for the Stern.

#6 3 years ago

Did you hand draw that?

#7 3 years ago

You guys are referring to these ones?: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic+stern&post_type=product
I made these and they are ready since the game came out

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

You guys are referring to these ones?: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic+stern&post_type=product
I made these and they are ready since the game came out

I was referring to the spooky blades

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I was referring to the spooky blades

Of course! Please forgive my ignorance!
When I make those I will show you first hand! Thanks again for your help

#10 3 years ago

After this you should do something to replace the awful cabinet art on The lost world JP.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

After this you should do something to replace the awful cabinet art on The lost world JP.

Because The Lost World is another movie it has different characters so I can't use the same art.
For now, my idea for the cabinet side and front is just to use dinosaurs and leave the characters on the cabinet head. I could take this sides and use them for the The Lost World pin, but it would be the dinosaurs you see in the 1st movie and it would look cheesy.

#12 3 years ago

A few more characters

#13 3 years ago

Did you hand draw all of the characters?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Did you hand draw all of the characters?

yes

#15 3 years ago

Head should be something like this for the moment:

JP DE  head L copy (resized).jpgJP DE head L copy (resized).jpg

#16 3 years ago

Wow man you are talented! Nice work!

#17 3 years ago

Attenborough on translite and head:

#18 3 years ago

Jeff..

#19 3 years ago

All characters done

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#20 3 years ago

Looking good!

#21 3 years ago

Vehicles and T-Rex!

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#22 3 years ago

More stuff and starting to make the Stern version:

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpg

Jurassic Park Stern alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park Stern alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

Unbelievable.... Hugely impressed by your talent. do you plan on showing us the colorized versions of the art?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Unbelievable.... Hugely impressed by your talent. do you plan on showing us the colorized versions of the art?

There will be colour, yes.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

There will be colour, yes.

The black an white versions are SO good, the color versions will be jaw-dropping art. Imagine printing that image on a glass studio plate or using metallic inks for wall-hanging. I could easily see getting it printed on translite stock and swapping it without looking back, rolling the original translite up in a tube to provide to a future owner...

#26 3 years ago

I could easily see getting it printed on translite stock and swapping it without looking back, rolling the original translite up in a tube to provide to a future owner...

I like the Stern ones. The art is great. But it does not have the characters from the movie.
As for the DE one, I think the pf art is awesome and the cabinet and translite sucks.
So on both you have reasons to exchange the art

1 week later
#27 3 years ago

Now with colour

The colours of the Stern version will have to be tuned a little to better match the colours of the rest of the game.

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de alternate translite p copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park stern alternate translite sp p copy (resized).jpgjurassic park stern alternate translite sp p copy (resized).jpg

#28 3 years ago

Did you hand paint that as well?

#29 3 years ago

That looks great! Did you mean tweak the colors of the Data East version? Because I think it matches the Stern version perfectly as is.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Did you hand paint that as well?

The main hand drawing is the B&W stuff. It's the hardest part and it's done on a screen drawing monitor.
To add the colours I do it by hand of course, but not directly on the screen. I use a side drawing tablet which is faster to apply large areas of colours. But technically it's by hand as well.

Quoted from evileye:

That looks great! Did you mean tweak the colors of the Data East version? Because I think it matches the Stern version perfectly as is.

I meant Stern's. Their jungle green's are warmer and the current ones on my translite have way too strong greens to match it. Also the sky on the machine has less blue tones. I need to take saturation a little. It's just subtle adjustments.

As for Data East, I think the colours are matching the game well. I will just make some minor adjustments here and there.
The pf has a simple and very strong green and a medium blue. I can't put those colours as is in the translite or it would look way too unrealistic, but I made the jungle with pretty strong greens so it will probably work well.

If you look at them side by side, you can see better what I mean:

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 20.05.06 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-09-04 at 20.05.06 copy (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#31 3 years ago

And it's done!!

DE:

jurassic park de alternate translite p 1 copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 1 copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de alternate translite p 2 copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 2 copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de cabinet decals copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de cabinet decals copy (resized).jpg

JP DE side L copy (resized).jpgJP DE side L copy (resized).jpg

JP DE side R copy (resized).jpgJP DE side R copy (resized).jpg

JP DE front copy (resized).jpgJP DE front copy (resized).jpg

Stern:

jurassic park stern alternate translite sp p copy (resized).jpgjurassic park stern alternate translite sp p copy (resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

Anyone have suggestions for the 'perfect place' to get this turned into a translite? I think the five key attributes of the perfect printing house is: Someplace that prints 1) high-resolution on the 2) right thickness stock,which 3) conducts light really well, and uses 4) inks that don't fade... all at a 5) reasonable cost???

#33 3 years ago

Man these look great! Nice work

#34 3 years ago

Those would be a huge upgrade to the DE cabinet, especially the cabinet decals. Great Job!!

#35 3 years ago

Sunset version is done! Jurassic Park always needs a sunset version because it looks awesome And SideBlades for the DE game.
To sum up, here is everything:

DE regular:

jurassic park de alternate translite p 1 copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 1 copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de alternate translite p 2 copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 2 copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de cabinet decals copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de cabinet decals copy (resized).jpg

Jurassic Park - Data East - Movie copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park - Data East - Movie copy (resized).jpg

DE sunset:

jurassic park de alternate translite p 1 sunset copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 1 sunset copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de alternate translite p 2 sunset copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de alternate translite p 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg

Jurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park DE alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg

jurassic park de cabinet decals sunset copy (resized).jpgjurassic park de cabinet decals sunset copy (resized).jpg

Jurassic Park - Data East - Movie Sunset copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park - Data East - Movie Sunset copy (resized).jpg

Stern regular:

jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpgjurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg

Stern sunset:

jurassic park stern alternate translite sp premium sunset copy (resized).jpgjurassic park stern alternate translite sp premium sunset copy (resized).jpg

Jurassic Park Stern alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpgJurassic Park Stern alternate translite 2 sunset copy (resized).jpg

jurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpgjurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Sunset version is done! Jurassic Park always needs a sunset version because it looks awesome And SideBlades for the DE game.
To sum up, here is everything:
DE regular:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
DE sunset:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Stern regular:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Stern sunset:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like them both, that sunset is sweet!

#37 3 years ago

Any ide when these will be available to order?

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Any ide when these will be available to order?

Looks like they're available to purchase from Retro Refurbs:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic+park&post_type=product

#39 3 years ago

I haven’t seen a retro translite in real life, how are they for color saturation, transparency? Anyone have first hand comments on the quality of their translite prints?

#40 3 years ago

I haven’t seen a retro translite in real life, how are they for color saturation, transparency? Anyone have first hand comments on the quality of their translite prints?

Check out his Walking Dead translite threat for how they tested the inks and peoples response when they arrived. Very very positive.

3 months later
#41 3 years ago

Im currently in the process of buying a jp pro, but hate the artwork on the pro version. I wish you were making the cabinet decals for the stern, because those look absolutely awesome!! Nice work!

4 months later
#42 2 years ago

I just received my new translite from retrorefurbs.com. It took approximately 3 weeks from when I ordered it to receive it. (Including a couple of extra days because there is no home mail delivery in the rural area I live in.) The thing is AWESOME! It's the perfect companion to code with the actual movie clips and sounds. It was worth the wait.

jp new translite 1 (resized).jpgjp new translite 1 (resized).jpgjp new translite 2 (resized).jpgjp new translite 2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-de-stern-alternate-translite-cabinet-decals?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.