(Topic ID: 60535)

Jurassic Park Control Room Switch Wiring?

By Jesterfunhouse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140123_134336.jpg
20140123_134501.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
photo(1).JPG
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know the proper wiring to the control room switch? I recently bought a JP and the wiring on the switch had broken loose. I have two white/green wires and an all white wire and I am not sure of the placement on the switch. If you have a close up picture that would help also.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Another question-Does everyones JP machine go into TREX testing mode as soon as you turn on the machine? Is that normal?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

If you have a close up picture that would help also.

I can check when I get home.

Yes.

#5 10 years ago

Sorry for the delay. I attached a picture of my wiring.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing the wiring you are describing. My odd-colored wires are soldered to the anode of the diode, and the similar-colored wires are soldered to the quick connector that attaches to the switch blade.

photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG

#6 10 years ago

Thanks Noah for the picture I really appreciate it. I am not sure why mine is wired differently. I will have to take a look and compare.

#7 10 years ago

I wouldn't put any stock in the wire colors, but the configuration will be key. My guess as to why my game only has a single wire to the control room switch, is that the two switches share a common positive or ground, and the other wire goes to the switch input of the CPU.

Do you have a multimeter you could use to probe the signals? Switch depressed and not.

#8 10 years ago

I do have a multimeter and I will check it out thanks for the advice! The wire color seems the same (White/green). Does anyone else have a wiring pic they can post so I can see other examples?

#9 10 years ago

I'll trace the wires back this afternoon. Maybe my wiring is not as it should be!

Also, I forgot to post this earlier: http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb43.pdf

May or may not apply to your game, but it's worth checking/doing while you're in there.

4 months later
#10 10 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my JP control room switch. Here's a pic of my obviously fooled around with switch. This is how I found it (minus stripping the loose wire). I'm not sure where this loose wire goes though. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#11 10 years ago
Quoted from rsmag9:

I'm having the same problem with my JP control room switch. Here's a pic of my obviously fooled around with switch. This is how I found it (minus stripping the loose wire). I'm not sure where this loose wire goes though. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I will try to get you a picture of mine and how it is wired tonight. Mine has worked fine and I think looks identical.

#12 10 years ago

I just replaced the one at my house this week. I'll grab a picture in a minute.

#13 10 years ago

20140123_134501.jpg20140123_134501.jpg20140123_134336.jpg20140123_134336.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-control-room-switch-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.