You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5762 (resized).JPG
IMG_5761 (resized).JPG
IMG_5760 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I'm currently having an issue with the JP Control Room. The left scoop is not kicking the ball back out. The coil works fine and will kick the ball out after about a minute once the game detects no ball in play and cycles all of the coils.

I don't think it is registering that a ball has gone in there in the first place. I'm wondering if this could be a switch problem. There are two down there. One registers the ball went down the right scoop and the other is tied to the left scoop.

Am I right to assume I have a switch problem here since the coil works fine? I just don't want to replace the wrong parts if I can avoid it. Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like a switch . Put it in switch test and drop a ball in . See if it registers

#3 7 years ago

The control room takes a beating. Most likely it is the switch. Check the wires and diode on the switch to make sure they did not break at the solder joint.

#4 7 years ago

Thank you Phatchit and Soapman

Do you know if these switches are tied to the same fuse and location? I have some old fuses in the game but they all are showing continuity. Just wondering if I'm missing something simple.

#5 7 years ago

Also, to answer your previous question, I have found 5 switches that are not working when running diagnostics. They are all in the same area. I added pics.

Switches not registering:
1. Control Room
2. Bunker
3-5: the three targets pictured

IMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPG

IMG_5761 (resized).JPGIMG_5761 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

Turns out the entire switch column CN8-5 is out! So what could this mean. I found where it attaches to the CPU and everything seems fine.

IMG_5762 (resized).JPGIMG_5762 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

Hey all. I'm getting closer to diagnosing my problem which is that the entire CN8-5 switch column is not functioning on my Jurassic Park. This affects 7 total switches. Control Room, Bunker, 3 dinosaur targets on the playfield and the enter and exit switches on the ramp.

I believe my problem exists on the CPU as the 5th pin on CN8 has a much lower voltage reading than the other pins on that connector. My question is... how do I test the corresponding diode, transistor/resistor, etc? I can easily find all of the parts and chips that are associated with the CN8-5 pin but I'm not sure how to use my DMM to determine the problem.

Also, should my PIA light be on at all times while the game is running? It flashes when I turn it on but stays off after that. I'm afraid I need a new PIA based on my homework.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-control-room-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.