Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4551 1 year ago

Hi guys.

I just joined the club, picked up a fairly original looking JP yesterday. It is my first data east table so I'm trying to get my head around the adjustments and test functions. It is a bit different to Bally/William (which is what I am used to) took me an hour to find the volume control it has a few issues like the raptor kick back not working and some lights out etc. once I fix it all up it will be sweet. I'm looking forward to reading past posts in this club to find out what I need to know first impression is that it is a great game and my kids already love it.

2 months later
#4743 1 year ago

I installed a LED colour DMD and it looks great.

jp (resized).JPG
1 week later
#4758 1 year ago
jp newman final V2 (resized).jpg
#4760 1 year ago
Quoted from kcZ:

That's pretty.... Awful.

Can you please post a better version

2 months later
#5267 9 months ago

I'd love to buy one please.

Quoted from Davi:

Price is $70 plus shipping. I have 4 slots left from batch 2 (most probably the last batch).

1 week later
#5290 9 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

5)
Here's another knocker pic. The knocker in JP sounds anemic! The backbox might sound better.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting a knocker photo. My pin is also missing the whole knocker assembly.

Could someone please post a closeup picture of their knocker as I need to see which wire goes were in comparison to the diode. I assume it has a diode

Thanks

1 week later
#5400 8 months ago

Help with speakers please

Hi guys

The factory speakers do not have labels or marking?

I am trying to work out which wires connect to the +ve terminals and which wires connect to the -ve terminals on the speakers.

Backbox speaker 1
Black
Black (yellow stripes)

Backbox speaker 2
Red (black stripes)
Red (white stripes)

Cabinet speaker (woofer)
Yellow (white stripes)
Yellow (black stripes)

photo 2 (resized).JPGphoto 1 (resized).JPG

photo 3 (resized).JPG

photo 4 (resized).JPG
#5402 8 months ago

Thank you, greatly appreciated

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BB Right | Black/Yellow = +
BB Left | Red/Black = +
Cabinet | Yellow/Black = +
- Source 1: https://www.pinsound.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/data-east_speakers_install_full.pdf
- Source 2: https://flipperfidelity.com/media/wysiwyg/DEPS_Flipper_Fidelity_Data_East_PinSound_ALL_installation_instructions_11302015.pdf
- Manual (p24) states this: "1. Check each speaker for polarity markings. If the speakers have polarity markings, verify that the single-color wire (BLK, YEL or RED) is connected to the negative(-) terminal."
- Pic from p44 in the manual.
[quoted image]

#5408 8 months ago

Sound and voice roms

Hi guys has anyone got any experience as to whether it is worthwhile upgrading my sound and voice roms to the latest version? My chips say v.429 and it appears as if the latest version is v1 is there any difference to the sound and voices?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5411 8 months ago

Hi, my other sound roms are both v4.23 just like you have listed.

My cpu and display roms are both blank, but I managed to get the info from the diagnostics. My ColorDMD seems to be working ok.

Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Now I'm curious what changed. My board was handy since I went Pinsound, which is probably the version you want lol....Out of curiosity I just checked and I was running 4.23 for all 3 chips before I pulled the board so maybe I can add that one if anyone wants to downgrade lol.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5599 8 months ago

Super impressed

My board arrived today, it even came in its own custom 3d printed travel case for safe shipping. Wow, what service.

A big thank you all, the way from Australia

Quoted from Davi:

**** Ball Trough Opto Board Update ****
Opto boards without harness are on they way!
Boards with harness: planned to send next week.
Thank you guys for your support and for nice feedback.
Sidenote:
I've got no feedback from these guys to my shipping/payment PM:
nocreditdot
jp1993
groucho
I have purchased all the parts, and assembled the boards based on your commitment. I guess we are all adults and able to communicate and make decisions.

baord 2 (resized).JPGbaord 1 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#5767 7 months ago

Cabinet Speaker - HELP NEEDED

Hi guys

Can someone please let me know which wire is the positive and which is negative

It looks like my speaker is the original factory speaker and I want to upgrade it.

jurassic park cabinet speaker (resized).PNG
#5775 7 months ago

OMG how embarrassing , thank you and yes your answer was and is still spot on

3 weeks later
#6115 6 months ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I actually opened one to sell my gate but then took it down because I wasn’t quite ready yet. Once I have couple designs finalized and build a few for inventory I’ll open it up again. Appreciate everyone’s interest!

Can't wait, your mods look fantastic...keep up the great work

1 week later
#6232 6 months ago

Looks great. Well done. Let us know when they will be for sale and how to buy them

2 weeks later
#6320 6 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Damnit, just broke the ramp right near the diverter. I was trying to rivet back in the plate which connects the wire ramp. I am guessing this is unobtainium, looks like I'm doing some plastic welding. Damnit, damnit, damnit.

Bummer... I feel your pain. I've had a similar experience working on a different pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 15.95
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Paul, MN
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside