Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,727 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3356 (resized).JPG
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
4FFF35C0-28BE-4A58-A986-E3D0627FC8E2 (resized).jpeg
325BA079-816E-4706-8616-FA8BC846D7E3 (resized).jpeg
A1810463-E1CA-4C4A-AC49-4AA6E29E5692 (resized).jpeg
A18 (resized).JPG
A17 (resized).JPG
A16 (resized).JPG
A15 (resized).JPG
A14 (resized).JPG
A13 (resized).JPG
A12 (resized).JPG
A11 (resized).JPG
A10 (resized).JPG
A9 (resized).JPG
A8 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weasel671.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5582 9 months ago

Sometimes when I put the ball in front of the rex, he eats it then his head comes back down and stays there for the remainder of the game. As soon as I press start for a new game, he lifts his head back up and is fine again. Any ideas?

#5587 9 months ago

Yes, he works fine in diagnostic test.

#5588 9 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

Does the trex work in the diagnostic test?

Yes, he works fine in diagnostic test.

#5597 9 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

It’s one of the up down switches on trex not registering. I had to bend the wire up just a little so it was making solid contact and activating the switch properly. Basically, the machine never sees the switch activate so it just leaves it down.
Mine would sometimes show in test mode but almost never worked in the game - I attributed this to the shaker causing extra vibrations.
I believe it was the top switch in the assembly that needed adjustment. So this would make it the “trex down position switch” - I think.

When I got my JP, the plastic on the lower jaw was missing. I've since got a replacement and it seems to work fine now. Like you said...prolly a switch adjustment, but maybe the plastic cover made up the difference and I'm good again. Thank you!

1 week later
#5667 9 months ago

Hi all. Wondering where is the best place to get dinosaur figures and palm trees for my JP?

#5709 9 months ago

Should my J.P. be shooting balls out of the shooting lane into the pop bumpers every time? Or is it normal for it to miss occasionally? I replaced the bracket and gate, but have been getting the same results. It happens about once out of every 10 times.

#5712 9 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

Yes. Mine never misses.

Wonder why mine does not?

#5736 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Check the white rubber tip that is on your plunger. My launched balls started missing and I quickly figured out that the white rubber tip was coming loose and not fully seated on the shaft. I put a little double-sided tape on the shaft, reseated the rubber tip, and the ball upon launch hasn't failed to enter the pop section since.

I checked the white rubber tip. It seems good. Thank you for the insight. Someone else had posted that you can adjust the metal scoop at the end of the shooting lane. Apparently it has slotted holes in it. The ball was hitting the top of the gate and/or hitting the yellow target by it. I adjusted it all the way down. Getting a pretty good percentage going into the pop bumpers now, but still not 100%

1 week later
#5833 9 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

It’s one of the up down switches on trex not registering. I had to bend the wire up just a little so it was making solid contact and activating the switch properly. Basically, the machine never sees the switch activate so it just leaves it down.
Mine would sometimes show in test mode but almost never worked in the game - I attributed this to the shaker causing extra vibrations.
I believe it was the top switch in the assembly that needed adjustment. So this would make it the “trex down position switch” - I think.

My trex still eats the ball, then comes halfway down and stays there the rest of the game until I hit start. Its intermittent. If I go into diagnostics mid game I can get him to go back up still. What is new is that sometimes when I go into diagnostics and try to move him right or left, he only moves left no matter what flipper I hit, but its intermittent also. In game, he sometimes wont move left or right to pick up the ball also. Any ideas?

#5836 9 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

this was exactly my issue that ended up being the upper trex switch

this sounds like a wiring issue since trex would be getting "hot" on the left regardless of being told left or right.

The upper switch works fine in diagnostics. Maybe he's not far enough up when he hits the switch?

#5837 9 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Are all your switches working in test? Is he chomping after eating the ball? If not it might never recognize the up position or something and just cycle.

All switches register in diagnostics. When he eats the ball, he does chomp

#5839 9 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Mine would usually check out ok in diagnostics. Something about gameplay made it not work...

What exactly did you do to fix it?

1 week later
#5939 8 months ago

Sometimes when I shoot the ramp and it comes down too fast, I loose my ball down the trough on the right side. Any remedies for this? Its getting pretty annoying, especially when I have a good game going!

#5986 8 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Looking at other commenters, looks like they are picturing something different than what I was thinking was happening? Are you talking about when the ball completes the path of the wireform, and is supposed to drop in the IN lane, but instead drops to the OUT lane? I put the small post rubbers on the two end prongs on my wireform, and have never had an issue since.
BUT if you're talking about the ball falling off and shooting over to the outlane, right after the diverter, then your diverter is miss-aligned. After trial and error and spending some time tweaking the location of my diverter, I've had 100% successful wireform delivery.

Yes, it happens when it is supposed to drop in the in lane but instead drops into the out lane. I thought I had read your post before and ordered 2 post rubbers to fix it, but they were too big (1/4" I think). Do you remember what size you got and where you got them from by any chance? Thank you.

#5990 8 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Boy. Either got them from Marco's or Pinball Life. I think they are the silicon ones, not Titan but...? Forget. They are rounded on one side and flat on the other. And they are the super small hole ones. The ones that are used on pointy end posts. I think. It's been about 4 years since I got them. Haven't had any issues since.
I did see a JP on location that had taken one of those blue rubber stop pads (I think used on hard corners) and used double sided foam tape to stick it on the downward prongs. It was working the times I had seen. And while it's not much surface space for the tape to hold on too, and can confirm it will hold. I had an emblem stuck to my cars grill with very little surface space. Lasted 10 years of weathering and car washes.

Thank you. That helps alot. Now to just find some...

#5991 8 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Boy. Either got them from Marco's or Pinball Life. I think they are the silicon ones, not Titan but...? Forget. They are rounded on one side and flat on the other. And they are the super small hole ones. The ones that are used on pointy end posts. I think. It's been about 4 years since I got them. Haven't had any issues since.
I did see a JP on location that had taken one of those blue rubber stop pads (I think used on hard corners) and used double sided foam tape to stick it on the downward prongs. It was working the times I had seen. And while it's not much surface space for the tape to hold on too, and can confirm it will hold. I had an emblem stuck to my cars grill with very little surface space. Lasted 10 years of weathering and car washes.

Do they look like this?

Screenshot_20190510-115925_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5994 8 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Found them. This is it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-2364-7
and I'm pretty sure I have mine, where the rounded end is on top, so that any deflection, the ball goes up, not down.

Woody24...you're the best! Thanks for your help and time.

#6013 8 months ago

I'm looking for someone to either make or sell me an East Dock sign mod for my JP. timspinballmods.com doesn't seem to have them anymore.

#6102 8 months ago

Does anybody know where this wire goes? It came unsoldered. It's on the left side of the inside of the cabinet just to the right of the flipper board and is connected to a fuse holder. The other side is wired down by the left coin return. Please help!!

15580346412768886819738065366769 (resized).jpg
#6105 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Trying to help, but I don't know that I have that (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yours looks exactly like mine minus the fuse holder. It looks like a junky old fuse holder that someone installed after the fact. The other end goes to the switch on the left coin return. Seeing as I use it at home on free play, perhaps I'll just wire nut it off.

#6106 8 months ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Yours looks exactly like mine minus the fuse holder. It looks like a junky old fuse holder that someone installed after the fact. The other end goes to the switch on the left coin return. Seeing as I use it at home on free play, perhaps I'll just wire nut it off.

My t-rex is on the fritz and giving me a headache. Once I get him working again, I'll see if it really affects anything or not. Thank you for your time and help sir. I appreciate it alot!

1 week later
#6213 8 months ago

Does anybody have a lower spring cover for t-rex for sale or know what to make one out of?
I tried to make my own out of a piece of rubber from work, but it was too thick and would not let the rex bend all the way down.

15587539871314700112914590697852 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6607 6 months ago

Just got the actor that plays Dr. Hammond, th e actor who plays Timmy and the woman that plays Claire from Fallen Kingdom to sign the back glass of my original JP...Along with some stunt doubles. I am beyond estatic! Kinda hard to see in the pic.

1563049994827512098594372562364 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7017 4 months ago

I have nvram installed on my DE JP and all my high scores just got erased all by themselves. I hear that if you go into audits there's a setting that erases the high scores after so many games. Does anybody know what # audit setting and what it should be set to? Thanks in advance.

#7021 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You would be correct.
Page 21 in the manual | Adj 29 High Score Reset Every. This sets the number of games between automatic resets of high scores (between 100 to 900 games) or you can set to OFF.

Thank you @ Mr_Tantrum. It was set for 600. Geez! I guess I played it alot more than I knew since I got it in May. Lol

#7027 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is an off white rendering for those of you who were curious.[quoted image]

That look so badass! Are you selling this mod yet?

1 month later
#7132 74 days ago

Best game ever on my old DE JP!
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg Code 6.0

#7134 73 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Within the month of getting Chad's code after it was released, I set a score in the 600 millions. I have not been able to beat it since. So, it's a good feat for sure!

Thanks! I was pretty excited for sure!

Added 66 days ago:

Only 3 balls too!

1 week later
#7137 66 days ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Thanks! I was pretty excited for sure!

Only on 3 balls per game too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
League City, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weasel671.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside