IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turdbol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7200 4 years ago

Hello! May I please get some help! This has been a grail machine for me - and the wife finally let me buy one! We found one that is in great shape, mirrored blades, LED, and just in all around great shape. We got it home, and it worked perfectly. The next morning (today), I noticed that the T-Rex wasn't eating the ball anymore. Through the manual - I found a small board that seemed like it controlled part of the T-Rex, I think its the one pictured but it may be the slightly larger one. I simply removed the connections and replaced them, and the T-Rex started working again! Hooray! However - now - sadly - I started throwing the "Missing 6 ball Error" and the switch that controlled the ball trough solenoid claimed it worked(test mode), but would NOT fire the solenoid. The solenoid still will not fire, but somehow I have started down a rabbit hole and created other issues. For starters, the ball trough switch - I removed it to examine it and it fell apart in numerous pieces. I have ordered another one - but am stuck now without it.

The bigger problem (amongst many) is that now I have this music sound (T-Rex Stomp) that comes on at the beginning and will NOT STOP. It repeats, UNTIL - I hit the start game button - once that happens, it joyfully reminds me that I am "missing 6 balls" even though they are there, and then the sound goes away. The attract music plays just fine once the cycle has been completed, but if I reboot the machine, here comes the sound again.

Please help me! I am new (very) new to the pinball world, I have had 2 projects in the past and both had to be sold because I couldn't figure them out! I bought a working machine, got home with a working machine - and somehow 12 hours later - I have a non-working machine! The wife is rather bummed to have spent north of 3k and we can't even use it!

Here's a video to my sound issue!

IMG_8335 (resized).JPGIMG_8335 (resized).JPG
#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

One step at a time.
If you are new new, here's how to do what others are suggesting. Open the coin door, press in the green button (so that it is lowered) inside and to the left, then push the black button. That will take you into the diagnostics. Push the black button again until you get to Active Switch Test. It will show you all the switches that are currently closed. My JP cycles through the following, Trough 1 - 6 and Trex Center and Trex Up. If your Rex is to the left or right, it may show that instead of center. No big deal. However, if anything else is showing, you'll want to check to see why the switch is currently closed.
That's where I would start. If everything looks good to go there, then I would continue pressing the black button until getting to the coil test. It will cycle through coils and flashers. You should be able to hear them kick when they come up on the screen. If not, your problems may lay elsewhere. Hopefully this will give you a place to start looking.

Thanks for the reply and everyone else! Here's a video I took of the switch/coil tests. I know the left scoop is activated because I was manually trying to get balls out, and one rolled right in there, and I don't know how to remove it.

#7211 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I would have left the balls in the trough to see if the switches are recognizing them since your game was giving you a missing pinball error originally.
This could be as simple as a loose connector. It looks like the coils for J1 are not firing but your auto launch is, which is on J2. With power off, plug and unplug that connector from the board in the backbox, then power back up and head into diagnostics.[quoted image]

I will give that a try right now!

Additionally - it seems I have solved the sound issue! I actually wrote the solution myself.....I mentioned when I was manually removing the balls, one of them fell into the scoop. I took a magnet and got the ball out, and that fixed the sound. I guess since that switch was active, and the coil won't spit it out - it just decided to keep firing the sound! I've only tested that once - but it certainly fixed it the one time! I'll report back on J1 soon!

#7214 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I've got my fingers crossed that it all worked out and you haven't reported back because everyone is having an awesome time playing JP.

Neither yet! The wife caught me to do a "chore"......should be just a few!

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I've got my fingers crossed that it all worked out and you haven't reported back because everyone is having an awesome time playing JP.

No dice! I wonder if there is any chance since the ball trough switch is completely removed - with contacts dangling - since the switch broke is causing it to not complete some circuit or something?

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Switch test is saying your Left Scoop is active. It should not be. Focus on that area.

Already fixed that one. When I was manually removing the balls. One fell in there. I left it thinking it would be fine. Turns out that was the cause of the music to continuously play

#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

turdbol
Okay with things being fixed along the way, what all is not working right now? The way I understand it there a 6 balls missing error and you say there is wires dangling near there, from a missing through switch? Is that all the issues now?

So when I could not get a ball to eject - the first thing I did was check the switch on the ball trough. The ball would push it - and not fire the coil. I thought the switch must be bad since the coil just worked. I unscrewed the switch and it literally fell apart (see photo). I disconnected the switch to remove the remaining piece and the wires now just hang (see photo 2). I have ordered a new switch.

So right now - I have the “missing 6 ball” error and (I think) all the coils related to J2 not firing.

5CD31035-1456-4C9B-821D-72814B005089 (resized).jpeg5CD31035-1456-4C9B-821D-72814B005089 (resized).jpeg8E778E09-1775-4F5D-9938-CDCCB4222D05 (resized).jpeg8E778E09-1775-4F5D-9938-CDCCB4222D05 (resized).jpeg Added over 4 years ago:

Meant J1 instead of J2

#7225 4 years ago

Just to further update here, I have fixed the "6 balls missing" - this was due to 2 balls being in the same spot, and ultimately causing every ball to be missing the switch. I did a switch test - and all of them register. I checked the active switches and now troughs 1-6 are active.

Current problems....

1. Broken switch.
2. Coils associated to J1 not firing.

#7227 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Is there power at the coils?

I test that by putting a meter on one lug of the coil and the other on the ground strap inside the cabinet correct?

EDIT: I looked it up to confirm I was correct. I tested the coils power by placing one probe on the ground strap and the other on a lug. I got 0V at the coil. I tested this with another coil within the game (not the flipper coil) and had just over 40v at that coil. So I believe I can say that I do **not** have power at the coils.

EDIT 2: See post below!

#7228 4 years ago

Well - I don't know what I did - but I "think" I fixed it. I measured the voltage again at the coil, and still read 0v. I went into the back box and pulled out every fuse in the back box and one by one, tested them again. They all tested fine. After that, I opted to test the coil again - and this time....it had 40v. I thought "Well, maybe its because the coin door is closed" - I opened the coin door and measured again - still had 40v. I don't know why there's even an interlock there to be honest, nothing hits it.

But - now that I had 40v, I ran the coil test again - and this time it fired!!!!! I don't know if this is an indicator of something else being wrong and it happens to be "right" for right now, or if maybe one of the fuses needed to be reseated, or if this is a fluke, but for right now, all 6 ball trough switches are ON and active, and all the coils seem to be firing! Once I get this switch - we may be good to go! - Or at least I hope! The switch is due on Friday, but I think someone locally has one I can get sooner!

#7231 4 years ago

I’m going to ask a “noob” question here, but what is this component (white) and are they supposed to get pretty hot?

829D7A73-65C7-4E12-B70F-C5522E902D02 (resized).jpeg829D7A73-65C7-4E12-B70F-C5522E902D02 (resized).jpeg
#7233 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Yes, they will get pretty darn hot. Follow the URL below which offers a bit more detail.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/139#post-5179747
Gord

Thank you so much!

#7238 4 years ago

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here. Got my new switch in today, installed it - and everything is back to playing properly! Still am awful, but my only pinball machine is back to 100%. Now for some mods!

7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Got my gate translite in totday
Its hard to take good pictures, in real live the lights are less shining trough
Ive got Some blinkers behind the flares for flickering flames
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow - I like that translite a LOT!

1 month later
#7427 4 years ago

So my JP is in pretty good shape (my eyes) - but I thought about adding leg protectors as an extra precaution just to make sure everything stays as good as can be. Is this a good idea or bad idea? If it's a good idea, which protectors would everyone recommend?

#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from Xjship:

So I am the market for my first pinball, and have always wanted Jurassic Park as it was my favorite movie as a young kid.
I really want to like this game, but am finding it to be pretty difficult and not that fun. There's a local arcade where I've played it regulary. I put $20 in the machine yesterday and I think my highest score was 165M. Never hit Chaos, and only got Tri-balls and jackpots rarely. I know the strategy at least at a high level too. I keep playing, waiting for it to grow on me, and it isn't happening. The other pins there, like Pirates of the Car., Star Trek, or Medieval Madness are much more enjoyable. There's also a Star Wars DE there, and I liked it at first but that game is almost too easy (repeat shots) and I have no trouble getting replays on it.
I noted that the table had the Cliffy scoop protectors and made that makes them harder to hit? No other mods or board issues that I could tell. Also, I feel like I was getting drains constantly, to the point where it was laughable how easy they'd drain.
Don't know if I have a question, just sharing my frustration. I am OK paying $3k+ for a game, but I want to like it. I guess I'll try to play a different JP somewhere else so I can give it a fair chance.

I bought this as my first Pinball. I had never even played the game, but am such a fan of Jurassic in generic, that it was a no-doubter. Some of the game I do find slower than I would have expected, but I still love it nonetheless, the worst thing its shown me is that now I need more pinballs to have different flavors!

3 weeks later
#7504 4 years ago

Who is burning roms for the 6.0 code nowadays?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turdbol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=turdbol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.