IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjprice222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 9 years ago

Anyone ever encountered an issue like this with the ball trough in JP? (See video) Notice how the balls don't move forward until the force of a draining ball pushes them. I've opened up the trough several times and can't find anything binding nor are there any divots in the trough. Maybe a code update would fix this

#348 9 years ago

Around 6.5

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I haven't read through this whole thread, but just wondering if anyone's had their Jurassic Park randomly freak out during a game and start scoring all crazy points and flipping through different modes on the DMD and it doesn't stop until the ball drains. Keeps repeating stuff like DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DNA DINO DINO. The first time it happened I thought it was part of the game like I hit some Jackpot.. and later realized it was a bug Once the ball drains everything goes back to normal. I had read somewhere that this may be a ramp switch sticking and possibly some bug in the game code.. but thought I'd ask if anyone else had that happen before I dig into my own JP. It's really the only thing that's kept me from enjoying the game.
---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

I had that exact thing happen a few times and I thought I was going crazy. It ended up being a leg of the diode breaking on the right ramp exit switch or something. I assume at some point when I pulled the playfield, the switch must have hit the black trim for the playfield glass and messed it up. A little solder fixed the issue no problem. If I recall correctly, one of the spitter targets or the bunker or something triggered the issue. Hope this helps and good luck!

1 year later
#2705 7 years ago

I'm having an issue with my bunker coil. The ball basically dribbles out of the bunker and rarely gets sent to the left flipped. It usually gets kicked off the left sling or hits the top of the left sling and goes into the left outlane.

Game is level. Anyone else seen this or know where I should start to troubleshoot?

3 months later
#2974 7 years ago

JP1993 I've had several issues with T-Rex over the years so I know him well. Is his head going all the way down to the saucer? If so, it could be one of two things:

1. Down switch is not activated. If you raise the play field, you'll see a series of switches surrounding T-Rex that let him know where he is positioned. He won't do certain things unless certain switches are activated.

Example: he can only bend down if the center switch is activated. Or, he will only chomp if the down switch is activated.

The other possible item and more likely issue is that the wire that goes from under T-Rex to the chomping coil/solenoid has been damaged from years of moving back and forth. This is quite common and mine was very hard to determine because you have to cut the sheathing that contains multiplied wires. One wire in the bundle was broken and I had to do in in-line solder to get it connected again.

Start with that and you should be able to find the issue.

Regarding the flipper, it sounds like an EOS issue. Search the forum or google and you'll come up with several topics regarding that.

Good luck!

#2983 7 years ago

JP1993 That issue is exactly what I had - it's the wire. His jaw works fine when he's upright but half way down it separates and stops working.

#3002 7 years ago

My JP is having an issue. The coil that kicks balls into the shooter lane seems to work fine for several games and then ends up getting stuck. The problem is especially evident during multiball. I'm having trouble tracking down the issue and I thought it might be the vertical switch on the right of the ball trough but I've replaced it twice and I'm still having the problem. Anyone else have any recommendations to try? I have a video demonstrating the issue:

1 week later
#3017 7 years ago

dearliza98 - I've encountered this a few times. First thing to check is the right ramp exit switch. Pulling the play field in and out always runs the risk of hitting this switch with the way it mounts to the back.

If that looks good, you'll want to follow that wire (green/black) from switch to switch. If none of those switches are registering, chances are it came loose at one of those switch points. The center scoop switch is notorious for shaking the wire loose.

Good luck!

2 months later
#3224 6 years ago

Hey guys, new issue with my JP. Last night I turned the game on and GI lights came on but that's it. No roar, no sound, no DMD, no attract mode. Tried reseating connectors and cables...same issue. None of the 3 LEDs on the board light, flash or anything either (PIA, 5V, etc). Where should I try next?

1 week later
#3231 6 years ago

gunnermac Are your three lights coming on on the main board? You can troubleshoot if they based on their status. Mine weren't coming on at all and I have everything except 5v at the test points on the power supply board.

Checked fuses for 5v and they were good so I just ordered a replacement rottendog power supply board from Little Sop of Games for $95. If that's the issue, I'll replace the components on my old board and sell one of them. I'll keep you posted.

#3233 6 years ago

gunnermac popped in the Rottendog board and everything fired right up. FYI.

1 week later
#3252 6 years ago

Question:
When I first got JP, the upper backbox lights were out. I found a burnt connector and changed/re-pinned the wires and got them working.

A few weeks ago, my power up play board went out and I replaced it with a Rottendog. Everything works great. In fact, the board solved my weak coil issues. However, as soon as I powered the game up with the new board, the top backbox lights are out again. Connectors look good and are seated properly. What else should I check?

#3254 6 years ago

...aaaaaand it ended up being F2 on the PPB board. Fuse was blown. At least it was an easy fix. Thanks for the help!

3 weeks later
#3293 6 years ago

I'm looking for the plastic in front of the VUK. If anyone wants to sell me their original, let me know.

6 months later
#3931 6 years ago

Also clean the shooter assembly, make sure the coil is snug and replace the coil sleeve. Mine did the same thing when i got it. After cleaning, the ball hits the pops at launch every time.

1 month later
#4277 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have a friend with a jp. Dinosaur moves all the way to the left with flipper button in test mode, but can't get him to move back to the right. He goes up and down, jaw moves. I looked at the wiring, nothing broken off, diodes in place.
In test mode, shows the left switch is on, whihj makes sense since he all the way left and switch is engsged. everything else is off.
Not familiar with the game, where do we start?

There’s a relay board beneath the play field that controls the left/right motion. Reflow the solder in that board and you should be good to go. Start with that and report back.

1 month later
#4344 6 years ago

Hey, that was fast! It’s a toggle switch.

5 months later
#4519 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I just picked up a JP with the newer 6.0 code. I would really like to get a colordmd, will it still work with the new code?

Congrats! It’s a great game. 6.0 software should work fine with color DMD. It just adds some modifications and better gameplay but it was based on earlier software which supports colorDMD. Maybe ChadH can confirm.

1 week later
#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Am I missing a rubber stopper or something at the end of the right wire form?
I just picked this thing up and the ball falls out of the wire form at the end and rolls across the slingshot.
Does it need tweaked or am I missing a part?
Thanks.

Mine used to do that as well. Loosen up that nut holding the rail and move it slightly to the right. When you re-tighten the nut, hold the rail because it will want to pull to the left and that’s causing the ball to go over the sling shot. Mine did not have a bumper either. Should be an easy fix.

3 months later
#4795 5 years ago

Holy shit! That’s cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjprice222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=tjprice222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.