New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80267)

Jurassic Park (DATA EAST) club

By louknees

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,331 posts
  • 471 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,073 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

104582BE-1DB5-44C2-AD76-E77C9AF7F707 (resized).jpeg
EFD48615-215E-4582-A853-683B9A885DA5 (resized).jpeg
79240fb66d8894ef1fa0dda7412e1014df686a67 (resized).jpg
c4a9d70132f2c6b85bf0a5c5a2313070aa748218 (resized).jpg
ceb633b21fcc8b0d134ad3bd880a9d99da8fbc12 (resized).jpg
122505a423170ad72511423793b88ef2771c7411 (resized).jpg
83142234cb9288c91c4774fed07449a56ff65c72 (resized).jpg
981099edf21ef849e2825d308f20d06873eb4b60 (resized).jpg
20201023_211907 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201007_112716~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201007_112721~2 (resized).jpg
jp fix (resized).jpg
552750C0-D2B5-49E3-B211-CA40B5E2A232 (resized).jpeg
C707361F-6EED-4CE2-A7B2-4B6D512C05CE (resized).jpeg
A0487C04-2D53-4865-A812-0BC1BAC50668 (resized).jpeg
03C9926A-E6F4-4AE4-B430-4277F7712E2E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (6 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (6 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (6 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (6 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (6 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (6 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Just finished my jp with new decals and custom painted
What do you guys think
Thanks

Looks great!

#3213 3 years ago

So, the choice.... Buy inferior colored plastic set and sell off some of my originals. Or wait and hope to score a few originals once people start replacing them...

#3216 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Nice to have a choice. When i went through mine the choice was repair as best you could or buy the one NOS set that was showing up on Pinball classifieds for$400US i think it was.

Good point, I ordered a set. I'll sell some originals and maybe the new orange sling-shot set too.

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

First in line for your originals.

To be honest, I'll offer up a few once the set arrives late next week but honestly, I don't need the drama of Pinside when selling stuff. I'm not looking to make huge money but if I list a new set of slings for $30 ( at or below eBay SOLD levels ) I'll get ridiculed and lambasted for gouging and ripping people off... don't need it.

Quoted from woody24:

With the color mismatch, it'd be smarter to do them all.
Just got my set in the mail. Initial inspection, they look good. I don't know if I'd be able to tell a difference after they've been installed for a while. The blues do look darker, but seem closer to the color of the playfield. And actually, I kinda hope it dims the lights a bit, to give it more of an old incandescent look. Even though I replaced all my bulbs with Retro Warm-White, it lit the whole playfield up by 2-3x brighter.
But I'm in no rush to place my current plastic. I'm going to wait another year when I do another teardown, and complete cleaning of the machine again. At that time I'll replace the plastic. And no, I probably won't be selling my old ones.

That's what I'm going to do. Ordered the set and will replace them all.

1 week later
#3232 3 years ago

Listed a bunch of plastics on Ebay, all with best offer and for any Pinsider, Im flexible. Just send me an offer and mention your a Pinside member.

Keep in mind, these are coming from Canada, shipping is stupid expensive, unless it will fit a regular white envelope.

I have others I will try to list today as well.

Edit: I have a few plastics that are broken. If they would be an upgrade for you, just pay shipping and they are yours.

#3234 3 years ago

My game is back up and running, still waiting for a few more items but can finally enjoy it!

I do have a question though, is it just me, or does this game have the worst reflection from the backglass and dmd, you have ever seen??

Its so bad I had to place a light directly above it, so I could remove the reflection and actually see the ball.

#3237 3 years ago

For sure that's an easy fix but its the back glass glare as well, I cant believe how bad it is.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

When I got my game, it had a number of missing bulbs from the head. I was going to replace them, until I realized the backglass was still nicely lit, but dimmer as that it didn't cause as bad of reflection.
Try pulling out a few random bulbs.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

2 weeks later
#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

In getting ready to go pick up our new GB premium yesterday, my wife and I turned on our pinball machines to play them for the first time in a few months (we have been playing machines on location, but have not been playing our machines). We realized that we were both playing JP more than anything else and it is really our favorite of everything we have. It is not that we don't like the other machines, but for some reason we both always come back to JP. JP is the first machine I bought in my modern collection (I had an EM collection for years that I had to sell when we moved to Dallas). I bought it 14 years ago and we still love it. I thought that was interesting considering most think of it as a "B" title.
I have modded my JP pretty significantly with the new T-Rex, the opening park gates, lighted backboard, lighted banner plastic, scoop light mod, Jeep with flashers, East Dock sign, and PinSound board. The one thing it really needs is a color DMD. I have the LED color DMD for my DESW and really like it, but there isn't one available for JP yet. Does anyone know the reason that Color DMD hasn't made a package for JP yet?

That T-rex is fantastic! Who makes those?

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Set of 6 trees. Cover shipping and they are yours.

I would totally be all over this but I just ordered 12 trees from China for $5.99!

#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I would totally be all over this but I just ordered 12 trees from China for $5.99!

They don't have a base though, so this is a great deal for someone...

#3265 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Shipping to Canada would be over 6 bucks. You got a good deal from China!

$5.49 with free shipping! lol

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from shadem:

Do you have a link for those china trees?

Search for model train palm trees. TONS of selection depending on what your looking for. I got some with a little yellow added, think it looks better.

1 week later
#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks for posting! They look good in your pics. I will guess it comes down to replacing them all and not mixing old and new.
Is the higher opacity an issue, in your opinion?

I replaced all of mine and they look great. If you didnt know they were supposed to be lighter, you would never know. I left my back piece as well as the other user, as I think it brightens up the game better with the added light mod.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

What's the opinion on the titltopper? I like it. Im more looking for comments on build quality and value.

I ordered one last week, once it arrives I will update. It looks amazing though!!

2 weeks later
#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Found a NOS pair of gun halfs. Will be needed for my Some Assembly Required restoration.

Sweet! nice find.

#3340 3 years ago

Any idea why the back glass glare is so bad?? I mean every JP I see is brutal! Why is that? I don't have that problem with any other machine. I'm hoping that adding some extra lighting to the back side ( when dinosaurs ruled the earth ) will help but even with the game turned off, it has a HORRIBLE reflection on the playfield.

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Remove 50% of the bulbs behind the translite. You don't need them all. Trust me.

I did that, didn't help. Like I said, even when the game is off the reflection is crazy bad. Never seen this before.

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

That subway find is great! Would be awsome if it could get reproduced.
Spencer, lighting the back area helps, but it has a bigger effect on the dmd reflection.

Thanks, I got a "bent plastic" for the dmd. Personally, I think it looks stupid but it works.

2 weeks later
#3391 3 years ago

Just installed my topper and love it! Removed all the domes/lights on top of the back box and taped up the holes.

Only one thing left to figure out.... The power shed lights don't work.... anything common I should check? I can't see any issues.

20170717_223321 (resized).jpg

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Topper looks awesome. Where did you get it from?
As for the power shed lights, first of all, do an all lamps check in diagnostics. I find they don't generally come on during attract, I thought the same with mine.
Failing that check the quick connectors on the back of the sockets or the connector under the pf.

Topper is from Tilt Toppers and looks amazing! Thanks for the tip for the lights, Ill update after I get a chance to check that all out.

1 week later
#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

My original DE DMD is for sale if anyone is interested. Nice shape.

How much?

1 year later
#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from Geteos:

So my v1 is a few mm too tall. So I’m going to slice some off the bottom and reprint. But here’s a taste of what I’m going for.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing work, I need this.

3 weeks later
#6291 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

NOTE: The production run of JP has the hex spacer.... Over the years "people", lose stuff...
------ Sample games are not production games,they have never been, and they never will be...

Mine came with the hex spacer installed. It does kinda seem redundant but I left it installed.

#6338 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Not as nice as mine though...[quoted image]

Agreed. Mine looks really close to yours and its WAY nicer than a bright white ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside