65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scoobadoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9169 2 years ago

Hello all. Long story short, my wife and I met over this pin in a bar I was working at 27 years ago. She surprised me with a totally refurbished DE JP for our 25th anniversary!! Anyway….I found a DE JP topper online and ordered it. I just received it and noticed it mounts in back of the lights on the backbox. I see there are 3 screw holes in front of the lights. Am I missing a piece?

17926AF2-4135-4ABF-A3E7-6432D50758D5 (resized).jpeg17926AF2-4135-4ABF-A3E7-6432D50758D5 (resized).jpeg6062E7CE-9D96-4E3E-850D-B43AA74C0999 (resized).jpeg6062E7CE-9D96-4E3E-850D-B43AA74C0999 (resized).jpeg
#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes, an angled metal strip attaches there to hide the bulbs from view of any tall players.

Any chance I can find that piece?

#9175 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I see that thekaiser82 is going to send you the part. For reference, below are a couple of photos of my JP topper with the piece installed.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow…Thanks for the pics. I was puzzled when I saw the 3 pre drilled holes in front of the lights.

#9176 2 years ago

One more question….does anyone know if the high scores can be erased and started over? Is it done through the menu?

7 months later
#9589 1 year ago

Quick question here…what pitch do you guys like to play this game on? My back levers are pretty high and the PinGuy app says it’s only at 6°…

#9598 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You have your phone on the Playfield or the glass?

On the playfield….

2 months later
#9698 1 year ago

I’ve been having my DE JP for about a year now. It was bought from The Pinball Company fully restored. I haven’t had any problems with it until now. All 6 balls are loaded in the trough. When you start a new game, the the ball doesn’t eject into the shooter lane. The gun also doesn’t fire. And last, the flippers are not engaging when I press the buttons. Oddly enough, the raptor pit fires with the flipper buttons. I have uploaded some videos….any idea what the hell is going on?

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Do things work normally in the diagnostics tests?
Switch tests show the correct switch being pressed?
Correct coil fires in the coil test, etc?
the service buttons work like this-
Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

Yes…just went through the diagnostics. All Switches are working. T-Rex is not working. Not all coils are firing either.

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Have you checked all fuses? Especially F5 on power board. Weird that raptor pit is firing with flippers otherwise I'd say it's a fuse for certain.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Jurassic_Park_Tech_Chart.pdf

Well, well, well…..this is the F5 fuse…I would think it’s burnt…of course I don’t have any replacements. All of the other fuses look ok. Can I order these with Pinball Life?

8C8C2AC9-457E-4370-969A-66C4C6CB70AA (resized).jpeg8C8C2AC9-457E-4370-969A-66C4C6CB70AA (resized).jpeg
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

ScoobaDoo - since you’re ordering fuses and have not figured what what blew it( or them if you’re still troubleshooting), consider ordering circuit breakers of various sizes, too. They really come in handy when troubleshooting. There’s fewer things more irritating than running out of fuses while troubleshooting.

Great idea!! I found the fuses on Marco’s site but can’t find the circuit breakers. Any other name I should look under?

1 week later
#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Have you checked all fuses? Especially F5 on power board. Weird that raptor pit is firing with flippers otherwise I'd say it's a fuse for certain.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Jurassic_Park_Tech_Chart.pdf

F5 fuse blown again…where do I go from here?!?!?

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

How much have you played it since it blew before? Did you lift the playfield or open backbox recently before it blew again? What was going on right before it blew?

I replaced the fuse, then turned it on, only to find out that the new fuse didn’t solve the problem. Checked the new fuse and saw it was blown also….

3 weeks later
#9730 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for DE JP? Anyone have any links to buy?

2 months later
#9772 1 year ago

Updated my ROM to 6.0 from Pinballrom.com. Obviously, it resets all of the audits and settings. I cannot find the setting in the menu to change it to free play for home use. Also, any other mandatory settings I need to change? TIA

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I have a text file with my notes for the wonky buttons and a list of adjustments I sometimes use:

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

adjustment 49 attract music = off
adjustment 4 game awards = credit -> Extra ball -> special
adjustment 46 trex eat balls = yes
adjustment 6 limit extra balls 3 -> 0
adjustment 41 tournament => EXPO (resets audits)
adjustment 30 Free Play

Thanks!! What about the match graphics at the end of a game? I have it set to free play now and it doesn’t show the graphic “the T-Rex is loose”. Is there another adjustment for that?

3 months later
#9822 9 months ago

My game was working fine then I went to power it up and everything flashes and “clicks” then the T-Rex chomps his jaws once and just fell. I checked all of the fuses first and found one burnt. I replaced it and it is still doing the same thing. Any idea what I can do next? TIA

IMG_3017 (resized).jpegIMG_3017 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#9835 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

My game was working fine then I went to power it up and everything flashes and “clicks” then the T-Rex chomps his jaws once and just fell. I checked all of the fuses first and found one burnt. I replaced it and it is still doing the same thing. Any idea what I can do next? TIA
[quoted image]

This is a video. FYI..I’m a noob at the electronics on the older machines

8 months later
#10122 2 days ago

Been having my JP for awhile. Just noticed the post above the right outlane has no rubber. Is that how it’s supposed to be? Also, while looking above the left outlane, I noticed the post is missing altogether. Anyone know where o can purchase one? TIA

IMG_4176 (resized).jpegIMG_4176 (resized).jpegIMG_4177 (resized).jpegIMG_4177 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scoobadoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=scoobadoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.