Got a decent deal on it, but it does have a number of issues.
1) Right outlane drain post has been removed (resulting in ugly hole / minor damage). This needs to be reinstituted as the game is unfair without it, plus it looks better cosmetically. I'm considering adding the optional left post too (though I'd see how the game was impacted after adding the right hand one). I'm in the UK, so can someone advise me which of the posts from this retailer that I need?
http://www.pinballmania.co.uk/posts.htm I'm pretty sure one of them is the right one.
2) After shooting Bunker or Control Room, I am assuming that Bunker SHOULD always spit the ball back down to the middle / back of the left flipper as it does the plurality of the time. However, sometimes it will shoot it right at the end of the flipper or worse straight down the centre drain (I basically have to pre-cup the left flipper to make sure it doesn't drain). Is this a general thing with JP, or is it fixable?
3) The yellow circular bumpers (dunno name for them) on the left mid side of the machine often spit the ball directly down the centre drain. This happens SO OFTEN. It's ridiculous and feels like it really shouldn't happen. Is this just really bad design, or is something amiss? The removal of the right hand drain outpost, the Bunker's ball spitting behaviour and this make the game drastically unfair and often pretty infuriating. I've played rigged games (not just pinball) before, and it feels like someone has deliberately adjusted / modified the game to make it extremely unfair (to try to get people to spend more money). Pretty sure its previous home was a bar in Italy.
4) Multi-ball. It often forgets to spit out the final ball. Occasionally happens if I have 2-ball too, and get a second 2-ball. Sometimes the last ball drains and the machine thinks there is a ball in play, but it hasn't been spat. Thumping / rocking the machine or waiting occasionally gets it to spit it, sometimes I have to switch off.
5) The T-Rex is fine mechanically and in really good condition. However it lowers its head to eat phantom balls when the multi-ball fails (i.e. often). Obviously this is really bad as a ball strike could ruin it cosmetically and possibly mechanically as well.
I'm inclined to think that 4 & 5 could be influenced by game code as well as possible mechanical / electronic issues ... having read @ChadH 's code update thread and what he and others said about it, there does seem to be a lot of questionable behaviour of the machine.
Thanks for reading and any help guys!
P.S. 6) Are the white rubbers that a lot of people seem to prefer or think perform better preferential on JP?