Topic Stats

• 7,271 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,705 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

T-RexTongue (resized).jpg
IMG_3331 (resized).JPG
IMG_3330 (resized).JPG
20191006_153405 (resized).jpg
94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpeg
04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg
F97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpeg
7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg
jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg
365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_4088 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2405 3 years ago

Just installed the 6.0 ROMs. It's like a new game. Anyone know where I can find the little horizontal decal in front of trex that always gets destroyed? I used to own a scanned .pdf of all the decals but that was 10 years ago and now I can't find it.

#2407 3 years ago

This is like 10 years and 4 laptops ago!

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Where do you get the new ROM's?

I went on ebay and sent a pm asking for the 6.0. Got it within 4 days. So much better. Now all I need is custom pinsound and a color dmd and this machine will be my casket.

#2416 3 years ago

OK, I found the scans of all the decals! It was on my work computer from 2006. I got it from a kind person on RGP back in the day - send me a pm and I will email you the jpg file.

#2418 3 years ago

Here is the scan. I cam email it to you the original jpg if you PM me your email address. Will email tonight when I get home from work.

Jurassic_Park_Decals_(1)_(resized).JPG

#2420 3 years ago

OK, emails sent, if you haven't received check your spam. If you still haven't received let me know. If you still need one pm me.

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from gripacop:

I would like the scan to, pleasse.
Patrick.

pm me your email address

1 week later
#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Seeing Tim's machine reminded me that I also did the illuminated background artwork. Super simple--seriously it took less then 2 minutes.

PS: Sorry for the crappy pictures.

How did you illuminate the back banner. I can do a 2 minute job!

#2462 3 years ago

Can you please take a pic of where you connected the alligator clips in the backbox?

#2465 3 years ago

Thank you!

2 weeks later
#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from stwicks:

Looking for a complete repro plastic set with blue slings, anyone know of a source?

There's a place in england but quality was questioned...

#2494 3 years ago

I tell my wife that i always break even.

#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

A few weeks ago I posted a picture showing the removal of the scoop lights. Yesterday, I have also removed the shoot t-rex box. These shots are now lit by lighting the scoops themselves. After testing, I'm going to be using 1 SMD Super Flex (red). I haven't texted other colors, but the red is very bright. Plus for the scoops the SMD is thin enough to be tapped in place. I'm waiting to place my next LED order until I have my BSD, but once I do I'll post some more pictures. I've very happy with the clean look of the machine.
PS: I'm not a good player so getting to System Failure is not something that happens often. Hit it yesterday--what a crazy chaotic wizard mode.

I'd like to see it!

2 weeks later
#2530 3 years ago

What do you mean exactly the ball didn't come out? You mean it never even rolled down to the vuk?

#2545 3 years ago

Always start with the fuses.

1 month later
#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I got the machine home, plugged it in and noticed half my GI and back box lighting is out. Fuses were good and nothing on the GI line looked out of place or burnt. What a serious bummer. Was super regretting this deal for about 30 minutes then I decided to check all the plugs on the board. Yep, that was it. One wasn't fully connected. So relieved. ...Sorta. The GI reflector lights that light up the T-REX are still out. My machine had 70% LEDs including these so its not the bulbs. Haven't investigated further yet but it was an unexpected issue. While I thought I got a good deal I did somehow just spend $277 for this machine at pinball life. Planning to do a complete restore with mods but not going to mess with the machine until those parts arrive.
Does anyone sell repo stickers? Specifically that grass sticker directly below the T-REX? The ball hits that area so I'm sure everyone's machine is pretty worn there.

Pm me your email address and i will send you the scans of all the decals including that one. Print it out slap some mylar on it and glue to where it goes. Should last a lifetime. Anyone else reading this too...

1 week later
#2669 3 years ago

Yeah, i heard that there were copyright issues with a lot of machines is that true? Anyway there is a guy around here creating a file for jp. Maybe check the jp mods thread?

#2677 3 years ago

Just curious how the endprodukt sound came out...

#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yeah I use a level too but wanted to see where JP should be. Actually just found in manual it says 6.5 degrees. Is that what most of you do?

I lwvel ot to however it makes the vuk actually work.

#2683 3 years ago

It should go into the pops.

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone install a pinsound board on their JP? Any video?

Search endprodukt jurassic on youtube. Not sure if thats the final version tho?

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Hopefully without coming across as a jerk, may I provide some feedback? I appreciate the effort as this appears to be an original design that's a step up from the other JP sideart I've seen.
I've seen a few offerings aimed at JP and I think they're mostly missing the mark, at least from what I'd like to have installed in my game, especially for the asking price. However, I never understand why these come out of nowhere without any community feedback in the development process. I would think a community driven approach would yield the best results and you'd get more interested buyers.
My main critique is that this version doesn't look to me like it uses the same style of art/colors and doesn't carry on the image from the back board. In my opinion, for sideart to look like it belongs, it should be integrated into the existing artwork. You've got an orange dawn or dusk sky while the back is a blue daytime sky with clouds. You've got silhouettes of dinosaurs, while all other dinos depicted in the artwork are drawn out in relatively high detail.
My secondary issue is that you've chosen to mirror the image for both sides. This means from the player's viewpoint, you're going to see the same dino on either side. That's kind of boring. Any reason the 2 sides can't have different dinos?

Also, is that a shark fin?

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

There should be two spacers, one for each screw on the T-REX plate. I think that they are 1/4", but they may be 1/8" spacers. You will need to measure them.
I purchased my JP from the original owner and when I removed the T-REX plate there was a spacer under each of the 2 screws. The two screws actually go through the two spacers.
Gord

On mine one of the spacers is longer than the other. I think one is 1/8" and the one on the right is 1/4". Allows for the ball to roll down.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Raptor kick doesn't function. I assume it's a fuse. I looked everywhere but can't figure it out.
What fuse goes with the raptor kickback? Anyone know?

First thing i would check is the diode on the solenoid.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What really? I thought it was all internal staff at colordmd. Are there any tools available for us to do it?
If so surely the work could be broken down into sections which the community could then work on in a much shorter time frame.

My guess is and JP colorization would have to have ChadH somehow involved. If he says he's working on it then good news. If he denies it then he's probably working on it. Either way we win?...

#2741 3 years ago

There is def a new animation for the upcoming attractions (Last Action Hero?), not sure what else was released by his code, can't remember.

#2747 3 years ago

To me the new code pays for itself by not starting with stapede mode every game.

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

LOL, forgot you had thin skin. Ill make sure never to question you again sir.

His memory bank is getting very crowded, he recently reminded me that I'm in there too. Maybe we should form a support group.

#2758 3 years ago

I really don't care if you remind anyone. I had a MNF for $500. You said you were going to pick it up. Someone else showed up a day earlier and took it away. Sorry you missed out on an incredible deal. The person who bought it ended up doing something pretty incredible with it. You would have just flipped it anyway. Judging by the way you hold a grudge I am now pretty happy about the intuition I had all those many many years ago.

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You are truly unbelievable. You cried to me in a recent pm and we seemed to mutually mend the issues. I specifically told you it was ''all good'' now. But since your mouth has once again opened like a flood gate...
You only have half the story, so perhaps YOUR memory is too crowded. There is a big difference between holding a grudge and remembering someone that F'ed you over and didn't keep their word.
You had an ''incredible'' (apparently) MNF for $500 and I called you on the telephone to confirm I could pick it up. You verbally agreed and long standing pinsider Eabundy who lives near you, was set to pick it up. Do you remember what happened next? You sold it, what, about an hour later? for a higher offer out from under YOUR word and were SLAMMED in your fs thread for doing so by the community. You've got some balls, I love it. You act as though you have intuition into the situation of who I am, yet because you're biased, fail to recognize you are in fact the problem. It's nobody else. I never left pinside and my reputation speaks for itself. Your willingness to burn a bridge speaks volumes and you just chalk it up to ME having too good of a memory to let it go.
P.S, let me know when you decide to visit The Sanctum in CT. I know all the people that go there and run it, and I'd like the chance to discuss this further with you in person.

Wow, now I'm thrilled I didn't sell it to you! In one thread you slam chads incredible (free) code, smack chitownpinball like a bitch and then threaten to confront me in public. Someone call a whaaambulance, Shackler has sand in his vag!

#2764 3 years ago

You are recounting individual posts from almost 4 years ago???? Either you are the Rainman or you are incredibly paranoid. Either way, just please stop stalking me and wanting to meet up with me in real life to do whatever it is you think you are going to do. I've already apologized to you but you can't seem to get over it. Seriously, just close whatever dossier you have on me and walk away like a man, or if not like a man at least like an adult. You're obviously very insecure about what happened 4 years ago, please get over it.

#2767 3 years ago

I also like the randomness of the skill shot, catches me off guard more than it should. Love the new code.

Chad and crew worked very hard on it and took a lot of input from JP owners at the time. We are all appreciative for it.

#2780 3 years ago

Wow that came out super sweet!

#2789 3 years ago

Just spitballing here but the raptor could be over the raptor pit and the mosquito could be moved to the right corner?

1 week later
#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Wow that sounds awesome, but I didn't know the price of the pinsound board was going to be $350! Seems on the expensive side to me.

I haven't bought one yet but the price seems fair. You can sell your soundboard depending on the game/condition for a couple of hundred or just keep it and rotate the Pinsound board to other games as new downloads become available. Doesn't seem like a no-brainer but it's pretty easy to justify.

#2802 3 years ago

No problem. If anyone else needs a copy of the scan please PM me with your email address.

FYI, I am still searching for the plastic to the right of the upper flipper just above the vuk (the one with the dinosaur on the rock). Mine is still busted...

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Hmm...well, he's probably not going to contact them. I think we were assuming there was a way to do it using a more "open-source" way. I guess if that were possible, it would've already been done (which it has, to an extent).
What I don't understand in my bit of forum searching on the topic:
Why is there not a more concise, newbie-friendly package as opposed to just a diy kit that kinda fits and sorta does the job?
What do they (ColorDMD) have that makes them the bottleneck in the process? Technology? Licensing?
Not trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just trying to understand why it all begins and ends with them saying they aren't taking on more projects. I mean, they had time for Popeye (yes it's Bally so that's easier), but no time to allow a someone to take a crack at JP?

I'm guessing they want to control the entire process and keep it proprietary for as long as possible. Can't really blame them since it is their business. Furthermore they want to control the QC process so all new product goes through the same testing before it's approved.

They are doing an amazing job. That being said, I would have no problem if someone emerged with their own proprietary solution and their own "color" dmd for sale. They don't have a patent on improvements or new ideas..

1 week later
#2850 3 years ago

Reset all of the cables.

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

Okay, thanks. I'll get to doing that tomorrow.

Especially the ribbon cables. They are the flat ones that fit on to two rows of pins...

#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

Thank you very much for the fix, worked like a charm. I would have never thought to do what you suggested. Why did that fix the problem? As I reset the cables, none felt loose and none were disconnected.

Built up static charge. Because your feet were grounded to the floor the static flowed through the connector then your fingers and eventually to the floor. You can also spray all of your boards with anti static cling ironing spray that you use when ironing. If you do a heavy coat now you won't have to do it again for 18 months. Pinballlife sells it.

Just kidding. No idea why it worked other than connections are the first thing to check. Keep an ear out for it though, it may be fatigued solder connection on on the pins or one of the connectors is loose.

1 week later
#2878 3 years ago

Finally remade the plastic behind the upper right flipper. All with a dremel and a printer. I looked for a year for that plastic...

20161209_162748 (resized).jpg

#2881 3 years ago

Start with checking the fuses. There is alco a flipper board in the cabinet that i think has fuses.

#2884 3 years ago

That would be in the head. Lower left. Should be identified in the manual. Check all fuses.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from Renouart:

Great job on the replacement! I have the same one broken on mine. Do you a scan of the image you can share? And what type of plastic did you use?

A kind pinsider sent it to me a couple of months ago but I can't find his name. Send me a pm with your email and I will send to you. I used a small sheet of Lexan polycarbonate. Easy to cut, drill and sand. I used my dremel with a router bit. I used the dremel drill press ($44) as a router and to drill the holes. For the image I started by using waterslide paper but had problems printing on it. Since the plastic is out of the way I went with glossy photo paper and 3m 77 Spay Adhesive. For sanding I just flipped my electric hand sander upside down on the bench.

#2892 3 years ago

Try to switch displays with your Rocky and Bullwinkle game. That ought to narrow it down.

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Looks like my F5 fuse is blown on the board below the power supply (this is the power board correct?) Trying to figure out where to go from here...this powers the 50V correct?

F5 is the 50v DC fuse. The fuse should be a 5A Slo Blo.

#2907 3 years ago

It came off the wire that holds it to the post.
I also have a hard time with them moving a lot. Either turning, or sagging to one side or the other. Ill probably do it outside the machine, lol.

They won't spin if you put down a metal or rubber washer first then wire then nut.

1 week later
#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Does the sub have to be an active or passive one? I have no idea what either of these phrases mean!

Active = powered. You plug the speaker into a wall outlet and it thumps much louder.
Passive = speaker wire only. The subwoofer in the original game is passive.

More than invisiglass and color dmd it is the best way to get immediately immersed in the game.

2 months later
#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm not buying anything that has the left and right side mirrored

That's a lot to ask for since they are all mirrored.

#3086 2 years ago

I dunno, I really love my T2 ones from hassanchop that are mirrored.
I just dont like the ones that are mirrored poorly like the copy paste ones above.

Those are mirrors of each other, hence "mirrored". I get that blades can have metal and be mirrored but I don't think that's what winteriscoming was referring to. Maybe I was wrong.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's awesome. Man. I have a few broken plastics, but still visually look unbroken. Should I buy and set just to keep on hand. hmmm.

Jayzuss!

1 week later
#3140 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Ok, got a the quick review vid of the plastics done. Spot checked a few side by side:
» YouTube video

You didn't take the plastic protector off of any of the plastics to compare them??????

1 week later
#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Question for the group. I have recently been noticing that I'm almost blinded with flashing lights when playing JP. Is that normal? Have you done anything to try to correct this?

The flashers under the area around the pop bumpers would blind me. Just switched them out for incandescent. Problem solved.

1 month later
#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

My game is back up and running, still waiting for a few more items but can finally enjoy it!
I do have a question though, is it just me, or does this game have the worst reflection from the backglass and dmd, you have ever seen??
Its so bad I had to place a light directly above it, so I could remove the reflection and actually see the ball.

Bent plastic.

5 months later
#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I think my palm tree setup looks pretty dang cool. The got to add a dock sign as well!

That is the Happiest TREX I have ever seen!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
Machine - For Sale
The Colony, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside