IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Use a sharpie to mark the connectors, it helps when reconnecting.

Connectors are keyed so they will only go in the right spot but a sharpie will make you feel better.

20150211_170148.jpg20150211_170148.jpg
1 month later
#418 9 years ago

Ok guys sorry to jump on yur thread here but is there interest in something like this? I had 5 made for machines i have been working on but i can easily get more. This is a pretty simple mod but it requires you to remove some things to install. Also i could just provide the pre drilled acrylic or one ready to go with leds. If someone else makes this available let me know as I would not sell them in that case.

20150323_194747.jpg20150323_194747.jpg 20150310_203936.jpeg20150310_203936.jpeg
#422 9 years ago

I can easily just provide the pre drilled acrylic so you guys can do as you wish with lighting. I will be too busy to make a bunch of these up until the end of next month but acrylic i can order anytime.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I agree...I think warm will look better. The cool wash it out a bit, but it may look better in person. No complaints here though Rock.

Thos is not yours bud. Yours you can customize colors as you see fit

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Do you have pricing for the two options?
Thanks.

The acrylic alone will be $25.00

I need to make more to establish a price.

I am ordering acrylics for those interested on Friday so if you want one let me know soon. The acrylic will be cut to size and pre drilled, ready to install. If you want an acrylic and one of my under-cab kits i will discount $10.00 and only available here not on my website www.rockcustompinball.com

-Chris

#436 9 years ago

No the interactive Under-cab lighting is another mod i make for many machines. This is a very bad video but it will give you an idea.

#437 9 years ago

Acrylic order placed. I ordered 5 extra's. Most of you want the complete package with the lights ready to plug in and go but if you just want the acrylic i should have those by the end of next week ready to ship.

#438 9 years ago

Ok, so here are some pics of the completed mod. Some pics for the diy guys if you just want the acrylic. From the pics you can see the color selection can drastically change the backpanel colors so why limit this to white or warm white. This is not totally refined but you get the idea.

20150327_201401.jpg20150327_201401.jpg 20150327_201417.jpg20150327_201417.jpg 20150327_202900.jpg20150327_202900.jpg 20150327_202851.jpg20150327_202851.jpg 20150327_202841.jpg20150327_202841.jpg 20150327_202830.jpg20150327_202830.jpg 20150327_202818.jpg20150327_202818.jpg
#441 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you've got any production ones and are coming, I'll gladly buy one at the MGC. If you aren't coming and can hold one until after the show, I'll still gladly buy one. If you need to make a run first, I will patiently wait.

Added to the list!

I think its a tie between blue and green

I personally like UV but this gives you any choice you want.

#443 9 years ago

Does it cycle during multiball? Lol, just playin...

It can be made to but that is a whole new can of worms.

#445 9 years ago

To all who have ordered and i gave a price to that is your price I keep my word. All others the price is $125.00 shipped in the US, elsewhere add $10.50. Keep in mind you can just get the acrylic from me and make this yourself.

3 remain- I will need a pm saying you want this not a post on this thread.

Thanks
Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

The acrylic alone will be $25.00
I need to make more to establish a price.
I am ordering acrylics for those interested on Friday so if you want one let me know soon. The acrylic will be cut to size and pre drilled, ready to install. If you want an acrylic and one of my under-cab kits i will discount $10.00 and only available here not on my website http://www.rockcustompinball.com
-Chris

#448 9 years ago

I see a few pm's coming in on this so let me answer some potential questions.

All the parts to build this can be found on ebay and at Home depot. Yes i do have all the parts but i will not supply and the reason is i sold a complete diy undercab kit at one time, well the guy fried his board in the process. Though he did not blame me i am not going into that again as i felt real bad about the whole thing. This is a pretty easy mod to make if you are handy and know electronics. Use my pics as a guide everything is there for you aside from the power connection to the boards or under the pf.

#450 9 years ago

The backpanel mod is now sold out. Thanks guys.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just did the do-it-yourself version of the mod. Really appreciate Rock914 posting all the pics and details that made it possible. One additional thing I did was extend the backing up by a couple inches and ran another row of LEDs to light the Dinosaur sign. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Outstanding! Very nicely done.

I need to make a video showing what i did with the upper section as pics would not describe it. Fyi to all who ordered the acrylics from me they are in and will start shipping Tuesday. I will need your paypal email to send you an invoice. Those of you who ordered the total package those will be done later as i get time to make them. I will invoice only when i am ready to ship.

Thanks
Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Renouart:

Question about diodes for ball trough -
I was having intermittent registering of all 6 balls, and now it is always missing one. The problem is clearly one of the microswitches, so I will change it out along with another one that was replaced by a prior owner, but is not quite the right one. I will use new diodes, but I cannot find the diode type for those - can anyone tell me what diode to get? Thanks for your help!

1n4001

#457 9 years ago

Here is a video of what i did. I made tgis for total user control, color, speed, modes, ect.. in the video it is set on a medium 7 color fade i think.

3 months later
#745 8 years ago

That connects to the metal plate between the dmd and dmd board. There should be a ground braid from that plate to the speaker, that wire goes there as well. Crimp a new connector back on or solder but solder will break in time.

#747 8 years ago

Yes that will ground everything so you should be all set to enjoy your new game. Welcome to the club.

1 year later
#3156 7 years ago

If someone has the 2 back plastics they are willing to part with I would be interested in buying to show my mods.

Sucks about the new plastics, what a fail. I am surprised they let these out, they usually work from originals.

Thanks
Chris

2 months later
#3303 6 years ago

I remade the JP topper if anyone is in need. I made it a little stronger than the original to help with the breakage on the bottom.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-toppers-available

IMG_2560 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPG

IMG_2364 (resized).JPGIMG_2364 (resized).JPG

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPG

IMG_2549 (resized).JPGIMG_2549 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Just picked up a JP in a trade, didn't have many expectations but loving the game play. A couple of questions, how tall is the topper? I am close to the celling and not worth ordering if I can't install. Second question, did JP have custom legs or was it designed to be tallest pinball in the line? Thanks

If you do find yourself in the market for a topper contact me, I have new ones for sale.

1 year later
#4927 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Is it the original design?

Yes the face is molded from the original design. The sides and bottom are not, more material was added to help prevent to common breaking that’s the originals were prone to. I don’t know how to link my Facebook page but I have a video of me painting a newly made one. You can search my name to find it. Chris Travis.

#4936 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I did mine it was really easy, LED strip and a small piece of clear plastic you can get from a hardware store is all you need. There should be lots of information on here on how to do it. One thing I would improve is some type of diffuser on the LEDs.

I have made dozens of these and they still take me 1.5hrs to build and I have the acrylic made for me. I have to drill all the holes for the hardware to mount etc... then the led build, I would not call it easy. Curious how you did yours and what it looks like. To diffuse the leds you can just set the leds back from the acrylic providing you replaced the whole wooden backing with the acrylic.

Got my illuminated back panel up and running again recently...[quoted image]

Did I not animate the (when dinosaurs ruled the earth) like in this video?

#4939 5 years ago

Ahhh, I had forgotten I made DIY kits. I was thinking you did it from scratch which as you know would be a challenge. I am very happy you were able to make it. Some people do not posses the skill required for such a DIY mod. That’s also why I offer a complete version.

#4941 5 years ago

I looked at your post, it still looks good!

Looks like post #438 is where I showed most of it. I do have drilled acrylics still if anyone wants to make a DIY project.

1 month later
#5378 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nice nice. Pretty cool that a 25+ year old game is getting new technology.
So since it needs a 12v power source are there recommendations on where to draw from? I haven't done anything like that for any extra mods yet.

As much as people Mod JP you may want to look at the Game On System. It was designed to provide 12v power to mods without taxing the boards. Some JP owners have already used it with success.

1 month later
#5927 4 years ago

rock914 used to make them. Not sure why he doesnt any more.

I still make them. Built stronger than the original. They are now sold here. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-jurassic-park-topper.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=rock914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.