Topic Stats

• 7,271 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,705 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

T-RexTongue (resized).jpg
IMG_3331 (resized).JPG
IMG_3330 (resized).JPG
20191006_153405 (resized).jpg
94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpeg
04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg
F97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpeg
7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg
jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg
365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_4088 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbott1701.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3161 2 years ago

Oh happy day, I joined the club!

0325171552 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3240 2 years ago

In need of the metal ball guide that goes on the upper right of the playfield. If anyone has one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Archived after 319 days
Unknown reason:
Parts - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for the metal ball guide that goes on the upper right of the playfield. Circled in the pic below.”
2017-05-14
Wescosville, PA
Wanted

4 weeks later
#3290 2 years ago

I have a 6802 in mine. My game was resetting, but that was because of low 5v. Once I replaced connectors and caps on the power supply all was good. Haven't had any freezing of the game.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello,
i was wondering if someone could check their JP cpu and tell me which ic they have on their board, 6802 or 6808?
A game like Tommy or Maverick run 6808, and there was a 6802 in this JP, which has been crashing/freezing (and is also a cheaper chip)
Can someone confirm?
Thanks in advance, James

#3291 2 years ago

I've been working on shopping out my JP and just finished putting on the new plastics from CPR.
Just thought I'd throw some pics up for reference for anyone considering buying the plastic set. As other have said, the blue is darker than the originals. Also, I kept the original back playfield plastic since it lit up better once I did the lighting mod. The repro plastics are definitely more opaque than the originals.

0611170703a (resized).jpg
0609172124c (resized).jpg
0611170703c (resized).jpg
0609172124i (resized).jpg
0611170703b (resized).jpg

#3296 2 years ago

It cuts down on the illumination for sure. 2 led frosted bulbs don't brighten much. See the left rear corner for an example. I'm using 2 smd faceted leds from Comet. They seem to work best from what I tried. See the difference on the right rear corner.

I just lit up the repro dinosaurs ruled the earth plastic and it looks pretty good with warm led strip.

14972041475952077756848 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3324 2 years ago

Has anyone installed mirror blades on their JP recently? If so, how did you deal with the mounting brackets for the "When Dinos Ruled the Earth" plastic?

1 week later
#3345 2 years ago

That subway find is great! Would be awsome if it could get reproduced.

Spencer, lighting the back area helps, but it has a bigger effect on the dmd reflection.

#3349 2 years ago

Nice. If you end up doing the full back panel illumination mode, including the dino banner, you really won't need it anymore.

Quoted from Spencer:

Thanks, I got a "bent plastic" for the dmd. Personally, I think it looks stupid but it works.

#3361 2 years ago

Here are some pics from when I did my shop job.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskZkgjkn

2 weeks later
#3405 2 years ago

Installed mirror blades in my game.

Side note: I ordered them from Pinball Side Mirrors. I ordered their "extreme mirrored black," as I thought it would look good with darker mirrors. From what I can tell they sent me regular mirrored ones. PSM's customer service is lacking and they were very slow to reply to my inquiries and I never got a satisfactory answer about the wrong style being sent. Just something to consider if you decide to ordered from them.

Anyway, the blades still look pretty good in game, I think, so I'm moving on.

Here are some pics...

jpMirror3 (resized).jpg
jpMirror2 (resized).jpg
jpMirror1a (resized).jpg

#3407 2 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

If its any consultation, everyone I know with the black mirror blades have been disappointed as you can hardly tell they're installed.

Thanks. Maybe that's the case with my blades.

#3409 2 years ago

lol, yes it is nice! You do great work.

I kept my original gate lamps and secured them to the back of the new gate. Using bendable leds, you can just see them when in modes like bone busting, etc.

gate (resized).jpg

#3419 2 years ago

I have Titan translucent silcon rubbers on my slings. 2 3/4" inner diameter. Titan part number: CS-234ID-CL

#3422 2 years ago

Awesome. Just placed my order!

#3426 2 years ago

True to the movie, this game has turned into a "spared no expense" situation for me!

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

In the middle of typing this post and just got the shipping confirmation. I guess I see doing some videos in the near future.

Nice! Now we just have to wait until August 4th to get the code.

#3465 2 years ago

D'oh, nevermind, I had the wrong color dmd instructions. lol

#3469 2 years ago

Mine's installed too! I figured there would be a glut of dmds for sale after the color dmd announcement.

#3516 2 years ago

Love the burp! Love the colored dots. Just installed the updated color rom, very happy. Looks great, thanks for the effort on this guys!

1 week later
#3549 2 years ago

I love how you can skip that t rex start up sequence with version 6 game code. Thanks Chad!

#3575 2 years ago

Did you check the fuse clips when you had the flipper board out?
I had the same problem and it was a loose clip that was the problem. Common issue with data east fuse clips.

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

I'll pull the board off and reflow the solder on the fuse holder and report back.

Check the clips themselves too, the metal can crack, break, or be loose and then it won't grip the fuse properly.

#3578 2 years ago

Does anyone know who makes this topper?

0819171453~2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3636 2 years ago

Put a new coil sleeve in, too.

1 month later
#3762 2 years ago

Herg's LED OCD board, lyonsden's Pinduino, mini LCD

1 month later
#3884 2 years ago

I put a switching power supply in mine to power added mods.

#3886 2 years ago

If you use game power, even if you pull from somewhere other than the board, you may still have the issue.

You could try rebuilding your power supply, if you haven't already, to make sure the game has solid voltage level to better handle the additional strain from the mods.

#3889 2 years ago

I used and extra 16 amp supply I had.

modpower (resized).jpg

#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Where are we sourcing them, last thread I saw on the roms was 6 months ago and burning one is a bit beyond me.
Thanks for the help guys!

\
I use Stephan at Hobby Roms when I need something burned.

http://www.hobbyroms.com/index.html

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

It's the most wonderful mod of the year!

Love it!

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

comes to $56 for an order, which = $14/ball. I'm in for 1 + reasonable shipping costs ($3-4?). I can do the deal and shipping if I get 3 other folks interested and paid up

I'd be in for one.

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Sorry guys/gals, I decided to go with the one from mezel mods. Use coupon code: excited for 10% off - came out to $18.27 shipped which is probably about as good as it's going to get. I'll report back on how it goes
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=3011160260

No problem, I decided to go that route too.

4 weeks later
#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have seen some machines with dino stickers on the targets. Anyone here have a pic and like them

I had made my own labels for the stand up targets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/11#post-3741499

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Those are great! I wish the rivets didn't interfere so bad.

Thanks. Yeah, I know the rivets kind of stink.
When I had my F-14 I did labels for the stand up targets and covered the rivets, but then then sticker can't lay flat. So, for this application, I decided to cut out the holes for the rivets.

#4138 2 years ago

You could get something like 20 gauge craft wire at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

5 months later
#4441 1 year ago

Nice! Peter is a great guy to deal with.

2 months later
#4596 1 year ago

nice, can't beat the turnaround time. You should print it in translucent yellow filament that way you can light it up.

2 months later
#4800 1 year ago

yes, or a DIY kit to assembly yourself would be cool.

2 weeks later
#4854 1 year ago

Be careful with the ramp as you'll have a had time finding a replacement.

1 month later
#5256 11 months ago

I have some Titan silicon rubbers on my JP.
Blue on the lower flipper bats, orange on the upper flipper. Translucent sling shot rubbers, blue post rubber by the Raptor pit, orange posts by the gate.

I have found that I tend get air-balls from the springiness of the post rubbers at the raptor pit, so I'm going to be changing those posts to Cliffys premium post sleeves to try and reduce that. I got the parts, just have to make time to install.

2 weeks later
#5369 10 months ago

Yup, bent.

guide (resized).JPG
#5372 10 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

Are those CPR plastics?

Yes, they are.

#5374 10 months ago

I like them and yes, they are definitely dark. You have to replace the whole set otherwise it won't look right mixing in with original plastics, imo.

2 weeks later
#5514 10 months ago

Remove some of the GI bulbs behind the white lettering, that helps. A dmd glare eliminator lens or plastic shield will help, too. Additionally, if you do the backboard lighting mod, that will help with the dmd glare.

edit: haha, yes pretty much what Darscot said ^^

1 month later
#5989 8 months ago

harryhoudini what are you doing with the old playfield once you're done with the swap?

1 week later
#6116 8 months ago

Yeah, the 3D gun piece looks great. I’d be in for one. Nice job!

#6124 8 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is that what that is supposed to be? I thought it was just a weird version of the cryo/barbasol can. Huh!

At least that's what I thought it was supposed to be!?

4 weeks later
#6369 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Couple of options from Comet:
Non-ghosting white or clear domed red wedge: https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm
Non-ghosting red faceted wedge: https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd3528-ng.htm

Faceted with a red bulb condom looks great.

1 month later
#6653 6 months ago

Curious, why are you guys cutting the tabs off of the eject hole inserts? When I replaced mine, I left the tabs and have never had an issue with the T-Rex eating the ball or the ball rolling out of the hole.

1 month later
#6857 5 months ago

Hum issue is such a pain. I've never had success with floating the sound boards on any of my DE games. Recapping the power supply always made the hum worse, too. I ended up using a switching power supply to power the sound board on my JP and eliminate the hum.

#6865 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Or you could just buy and install a PinSound then use Endprodukt's awesome orchestration.

yeah, no.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Gap, PA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbott1701.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside