IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksuwildcatfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7972 3 years ago

Trying to fix this for someone and they left flipper had the leaf completely out of whack. Fixed it and then it snapped off completely. Anyone know the PN for JUST the leaf that broke off on the stack? It's the longer one that is engaged by the rod on the flipper mechanism. I have some spare switches from Williams flipper rebuild kits but tbh I've never looked at a DE machine prior to this. If I can use those, then I will solder them in as opposed to ordering anything.

On the right side that leaf isn't long enough to properly engage the rod at all--the rod goes past it rather than being held by it. Presumably it should be the same length as the one that broke on the left, right?

IMG_20200719_173413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_173413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_173552 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_173552 (resized).jpg
#7973 3 years ago

Sorry, noticing the right side has no wires run to the stack.. Surely that can't be right... Right?!

I guess it would make sense if the top was wired with proper switch and the lower was just slaved off of it, it just seems backwards from what I'm used to. I didn't actually look at the upper flipper at all.. if that's correct, I'm thinking I'll just pull this switch out altogether.. Not like it's actually doing anything.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I think you have a few issues.
One- the End Of Stroke (EOS) switches should be closed (touching) and will open when the actuator hits them. This is what tells the machine to lower the voltage in order to hold the flipper up without frying the coil. If they’re open, like yours, you’ll have less power all the time.
Two- yes, that flipper’s EOS should be wired. I took a picture of my flippers for reference. The upper flipper does not have an EOS switch because it operates off of the lower right flipper.
Post a picture of your upper flipper when you have a chance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, all of that makes sense based on everything I've ever seen on any of the machines I've ever owned. Just didn't know if there was something different with JP (I assumed not, and that it was just not set up... Right). Actually, the left flipper didn't work at all with the EOS not closed at rest.

I'll take my soldering iron and make it 'right' when I go fix it this weekend.

Thanks for the pics / confirmation.

1 week later
#8004 3 years ago

Finally got back to the JP I was tasked with fixing. New left switch installed (leaf broke while adjusting last time) but every time I left it as is the red rod meant to separate the leafs would go on past the longer bottom leaf and hyperextend it from that point forward (at that point the red rod would actually be on the OTHER side of the stack. Ended up going BACK to the stupid zip tie temporarily to absolutely confirm it would stay together and not come apart, then gave the longer leaf a slight bend to keep it from contacting the rod at all.

The switch on the opposite side lower flipper (which is in no way wired, and I'm not really sure how it should be--attaching pics of the upper right flipper as well as the bottom ones to verify) does the same thing with hyperextending the switch stack the wrong way but it actually ends up making the flipper action clunky like it's got a bad sleeve or something (which it doesn't) so I gave the longer bottom leaf a slight bend to keep it from physically hanging up the flipper action.

It all 'works' again but this feels a bit...wrong.. And I would really like to make his machine correct rather than just letting him continue on forever like this. Thoughts? I apologize in advance if some of this is really, really basic stuff and I'm just not getting it. I think I'm still a bit flustered by how DE apparently did things vs all of my Bally/Williams stuff.

IMG_20200719_173413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_173413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200726_160655 (resized).jpgIMG_20200726_160655 (resized).jpg
#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

The switches should be normally closed. If the red nub is extending past (and under) the stack, push the stack away from the coil so that the travel is greater before the nub hits the long side of the stack.
I have a pair of unused DE switches if you want them. PM me before the mail goes out today and you'll get them even quicker.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gah, I didn't use the right switches, because what was in there to begin with was wrong and I didn't catch it. Completely my fault. Yes, I'd love to buy those switches from you, PM coming.

Thank you! I imagine that will completely alleviate the issue with the hyperextension, so then I just need to resolve the wiring fiasco he has going on.

Also, random, but how hard is it to change out the GI without taking half of the topside down? His machine is CRIMINALLY dark (and made even worse by the fact that he has SUPER bright no-lense LEDs in the back box, completely full). I can't see crap when I play the thing! I told him to remove about half of his back box LEDs for now and we would correct it with some color matched bulbs when I did the GI. Warm white, cool white, or sunlight white? Comet 2SMD are always my choice.

Thank you guys for all the help..I'm certainly learning some nuances with DE pins on this one.

-Jordan

#8009 3 years ago

Warm white is my favorite too, for sure.

4 months later
#8378 3 years ago

Can someone show me what type of post is supposed to be by the left most pop, near Jeff Goldblum's head? The JP I'm working on seems to be getting the ball stuck over there a lot, I'm wondering if he has the right post there. Is it supposed to be a star post?

20201128_162854 (resized).jpg20201128_162854 (resized).jpg20201128_162900 (resized).jpg20201128_162900 (resized).jpg20201128_162912 (resized).jpg20201128_162912 (resized).jpg
#8379 3 years ago

Also, the metal 'tunnel' (excuse the poor terminology) under the T-Rex head..is that supposed to move, at all? I was called out to address two balls being stuck in the T-Rex head and it turned out that that piece was rotated and therefore jammed the movement of the balls through the lower plastic ramp. Moved it back over and everything worked fine and I couldn't reproduce the problem. Seems like it's pop riveted in place on the sides that did feel secure?

20201128_141649 (resized).jpg20201128_141649 (resized).jpg20201128_141653 (resized).jpg20201128_141653 (resized).jpg
#8380 3 years ago

Sorry, last question of the night.. are the majority of the bulbs (both GI and controlled/inserts) bayonet? Trying to make sure I'm properly stocked prior to next week when I go LED this thing. Seems like he had lots of wedges but an earlier post here was saying the game is primarily bayonet. Help?

#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I hope it helps. My detailed list, contains name of the inserts, colors, area, bulb type. Summary at the end (without flashers).
Colors are helpful if you want color LED at inserts. Note: in the backbox, there are 455 blinking bulbs (bottom row).[quoted image]

This is a huge help, thank you! I really just wanted to make sure his machine wasn't going to eat up my entire bulb stock on any one color. With 14 red bayonets I definitely wanted to jump on another 25pk while they were on sale. Other than white, which I should have plenty of stock of (I added 4 more 25pks of sunlight bayonet) I think I should still have plenty of stock afterwards.

I probably could have just left it be and been fine, but now is obviously a better time to buy than say in February.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

I put a star post in and problem solved.

Thinking I'm just going to do the same. Did you end up using one long rubber between the two posts and the rail or did you use individual rubbers on the posts and let the rail be exposed?

#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Also, the metal 'tunnel' (excuse the poor terminology) under the T-Rex head..is that supposed to move, at all? I was called out to address two balls being stuck in the T-Rex head and it turned out that that piece was rotated and therefore jammed the movement of the balls through the lower plastic ramp. Moved it back over and everything worked fine and I couldn't reproduce the problem. Seems like it's pop riveted in place on the sides that did feel secure?[quoted image][quoted image]

Any suggestions on this one? I think I'm good to go on the post near Jeff's head (going to starpost it) and I should be squared away on doing the LED conversion--I'm well stocked and ready to do that, dreading the desoldering of some of the GI in order to avoid doing a full topside teardown, but it'll be fine.

But I'm definitely unsure about this piece, if it should have any movement at all..and if not, how to at least prevent it from moving even if it's just a quick temporary fix until I can offer him a more long term 'proper' fix.

1 week later
#8413 3 years ago

Went to wrap up the LED job on this today and I just can't get the backbox to not glare like a SOB. I ended up putting just a few bulbs, and all incandescent, back in for the 'JURASSIC PARK' lettering. I don't like the color (I much prefer the cool white effect but that's way too bright); going to order a few more red flex bulbs for the top and I'm going to put a couple of spotlights on the playfield.. is that the best way to tackle the glare? How did you all light your backglass?

20201216_145119 (resized).jpg20201216_145119 (resized).jpg20201216_145449 (resized).jpg20201216_145449 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksuwildcatfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.