Topic Stats

• 7,262 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,702 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191006_153405 (resized).jpg
94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpeg
04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg
F97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpeg
7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg
jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg
365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_4088 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png
20200107_202834 (resized).jpg
20200107_202821 (resized).jpg
7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jugood20.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4511 1 year ago

Looking for a nice Jurassic Park

Archived after 88 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for a nice Jurassic Park in and around the DC area”
2018-09-21
Vienna, VA
Wanted

1 month later
#4601 1 year ago

Still on the hunt for a Jurassic Park in and around the DC area. I’m also heading to the York show so if you plan on bringing one, let me know. Thanks!

Archived after 88 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for a nice Jurassic Park in and around the DC area”
2018-09-21
Vienna, VA
Wanted

1 month later
#4700 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can find a replacement decal for the grass in front of the T-Rex? Mine is missing

1DBB3E2D-305B-446C-9BE9-8DF6A6A7262D (resized).jpeg
#4701 1 year ago

I just purchased a JP this past weekend and one of my bumper posts broke and noticed another one was missing. I ordered some replacements but was wondering if it would be safe to play while I’m waiting for the posts to arrive ? Thoughts ?

DC2262D3-3C9E-4D1F-9D2A-AF65E616E94C (resized).jpeg

#4703 1 year ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

I know some print it themselves. The only place I'v seen them for sale is at pinballcenter (EU)
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9310/decal-set-for-jurassic-parc
I actually ordered these decals a few days ago. Hoping the quality will be good..

I understand that this needs to be shipped through a forwarding service since pinball.center does not ship to the U.S.- do you mind if I ask How much was shipping cost ?

#4705 1 year ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

I just did this myself. Ordered the JP trex decal and a plastic from another machine that only they had. Shipping cost about 15 euros (I'm rounding) combined between mailboxde and Pinballcenter.

Not bad! Did you receive the decals yet? If so, how is the quality ? Thanks!

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Not sure of long term hold up but they look good. Not the exact same as originals. A little darker.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing! I went ahead and placed my order through pinball.center

#4709 1 year ago

Hi, I am looking for a part that keeps the playfield on its track. I’ve included a picture - I looked through the manual but can’t seem to find the part name - does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks !

513D63B7-B99E-440D-962D-EA1D0C111B07 (resized).jpeg
#4730 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can find an NOS or original used JP translite?

Also, has anyone bought a repro translite off of EBay, seller name “classicarcades”? If so, how is the quality ?

#4735 1 year ago

Thanks for everyone’s reply- I found this site and was wondering if anyone has purchased anything from them- they’ve got a JP translite for sale but not sure if it’s NOS or a repro -

http://www.pinball-shop.de/product_info.php?m=shop&p_id=949&language=en

1 month later
#4929 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Yes the face is molded from the original design. The sides and bottom are not, more material was added to help prevent to common breaking that’s the originals were prone to. I don’t know how to link my Facebook page but I have a video of me painting a newly made one. You can search my name to find it. Chris Travis.

I recently bought a JP topper from Chris and I am very happy with it

3 months later
#5789 9 months ago

I recently purchased a JP and noticed that it is quite difficult to get the ball up the ramp. I feel as if I have to “power” the ball when hitting the ball with the flipper. When I do get the ball up the ramp, it is normally only with the left flipper (the lower and upper right flipper can’t successfully shoot the ball up the ramp). When I watched YouTube videos of others playing their game, it seems like they don’t have as much trouble as me.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so any ideas how to fix it?

1 month later
#6233 7 months ago

A couple of days ago, the diverter on my ramp stopped working. The ball is only going down the right inlane and not the left. I check the switch at the top of the ramp and it seems to be firing okay (get the Mr. DNA) and also ran diagnostics. The diverter fires when I run diagnostics. I’m stumped, anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#6235 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Have you checked the switch at the gate entry? Seems like the important one at the top works. Not sure if they both need to be triggered in order for it to work?
That's the only thought I have since it sounds like the coil still works. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that would prevent it right now.

Yes, I checked the switch at the gate entry and it works.

#6239 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Sorry no other thoughts. It's not engaging and closing before the ball gets to it, is it? If the diverter works in testing, then sounds like you're either not completing the necessary steps to activate it during a game, or maybe you're using old code that may have an issue with those rules?

Got it to work, it was working as it should just needed to complete the necessary steps to activate it during gameplay. Thanks, woody24 for your assistance!

1 month later
#6624 6 months ago

I am experiencing a ball trough issue and was hoping someone could give me some advice. The issue only seems to happen during 6 ball multi ball when in chaos mode or system failure. At the start of chaos or system failure, the game will begin to plunge and clear all the balls from the trough without any problems. The problem occurs when a few of the balls begin to drain. The balls will stay in the trough (usually position 1 , 2 and 3) but the coil is still firing like it is trying to plunge the balls back onto the playfield.

After all balls drain, the game starts up the next ball with no issue so . Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts?

Thanks!

#6626 6 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

I feel your pain. It happens on my game. It happened with the original trough and it still happens with the updated opto trough. I'm assuming it has to be an issue with the release coil. Mine only happens during System Failure. I'm on the 6.0 code.

Quoted from newovad:

I feel your pain. It happens on my game. It happened with the original trough and it still happens with the updated opto trough. I'm assuming it has to be an issue with the release coil. Mine only happens during System Failure. I'm on the 6.0 code.

Interesting, I’m on 6.0 code as well. I first noticed it when I made it to system failure and thought it might have just been a fluke. But then I started noticing it happening on Chaos mode. It seems to only happen when the balls begin to drain immediately after they all clear the trough the first time. Not sure what to do, as there seems to be no thread on this issue on Pinside or anywhere else.

#6630 6 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That question comes up about once a year. The switch in the video gets stiff.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

I saw that video, but it seems as though the issue I am experiencing is slightly different. Then game isn’t having trouble figuring out where the ball is on the playfield, it just won’t plunge the balls out during six ball multi ball, after they’ve all been plunged the first go around. Would replacing the switch fix this issue?

#6636 6 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

It is not this. The ball is not released from the trough into the kicker (i.e. no ball to even touch the switch in the video). However, the kicker is constantly firing as if a ball is there. I'll try to get a video later today.

This is the exact issue I’m experiencing as well. I’ll also try to post a video later today. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this! There’s got to be a solution!

#6638 6 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

On the search for a set of the discontinued scoop signs, any idea where these might still be available?[quoted image]

Did a quick google search, here is what I found

https://loopcombo.com/products/jurassic-park-scoop-light-set

#6651 6 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

I think we are on the right track. I tried twice to recreate the issue and it failed both times. During those times, I just let every ball drain. No issues with System Failure. The third time, I played it like normal. The problem shows up after all six balls are in play and the trough is empty. The game does not release a ball into the VUK but continues to fire.

This video exactly describes my issue, thank you for taking this video and uploading this

#6656 6 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

I had this problem once when the slope was not good after moving my pins around, are you sure your apron is good maybe try to masure slope on the playfield directly?

That’s a really good point, I’ll check that tonight

#6662 6 months ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

SO on that part where the VUK started firing. Did the TBL ever activate to let a ball through or did the VUK just start firing?

I tested this again tonight and here is what I found. After chaos mode begins and all six balls are cleared from the trough, there seems to be an issue when three balls are in play and the other three drain. The vuk will fire once the three balls are in the trough but the TBL will never activate again until the other three balls drain and the game moves onto the next ball. I hope that makes sense. I can upload a video if that is helpful.

Thanks

#6664 6 months ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I wonder if anyone with original code can test this mode to see if it behaves the same.

At my pinball league right now and someone just actually mentioned that, it might be a bug in the code.. Would anyone be able to test that ?

4 weeks later
#6799 5 months ago

Has anyone ever purchased the repro Translite for JP off of EBay, the one that is selling for $59? If so, how does it compare to the original ? I got the $10 off eBay voucher that I got from ReplayFx and was considering purchasing but wasn’t sure of the quality. Thanks !

#6811 5 months ago

The control room on my JP doesn’t always register. So I went ahead and purchased a new switch thinking that would solve the issue. Installed it today and still having the same issue. I noticed that if the ball goes slowly into the control room, there is no issues. It seems to be only be happening on certain shots ( maybe going in too fast and not registering the ball)? anyone else have or had this issue, and any ideas how to solve it?

#6813 5 months ago

I did try that , I’ll give it another go and see if that fixes the issue, thanks

Quoted from hodgesm0:

Did you adjust the wire roll over, I was having the same issue, the wire needed to be sent up slightly.

#6815 5 months ago

Can you show me a picture or point me to where you got the deadlining pad? Thanks

Quoted from woody24:

On mine, I have a deadining pad at the bottom so that the ball doesnt jump over the switch in the middle. It stops the bounce.

#6834 5 months ago

woody24 - is this the blue rubber pad you are referring to? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5082-00

Quoted from woody24:

Mine already had it installed when i got it. It's about 1/8in thick rubber pad about 1 1/2 inches square. Its like that black rubber that doesnt allow for much bounce.
Never thought about the practical use of it until others were saying the switch kept getting missed. It was determined that the ball was just jumping over that switch.
You could probably even go to Lowes and get some of that rubberized foam seal, and over time it would compress and probably act similar.
Sure you could probably even mount one of those blue rubber pads that machines use. Cant think of a game off hand right now that uses them though.

3 months later
#7138 58 days ago

Does anyone know where I can find a plastic trough liner for divots for JP Data East? I can only find 3 ball multi ball version or Williams version online

#7140 58 days ago

I’m looking for something like this

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/special-parts/4288/ball-trough-protector

Quoted from woody24:

Mylar? Not sure I understand what you're looking for.

#7145 57 days ago

Yes, I am looking for a protector for the ball trough.

I am having an issue sometimes during six ball multiball, if all six balls are in play and if more than three of the balls drain all at once, the ball trough won’t feed the shooter lane. It sounds like the shooter lane is trying to “shoot” the ball, but the ball trough isn’t feeding the ball to the shooter lane. I’ve talked to a couple of my pinball friends and they seem to think it is because of the ball trough divots.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, how have you resolved it?

Thanks

Quoted from jorro:

I think he's looking for a protector for the balltrough, sometimes the trough gets little dimples
The plastic v inserts on the bottom of the trough.
I do think it would interfere with the rollover switches, isnt the protector made for opto trough?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
The Colony, TX
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jugood20.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside