65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyapple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5485 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I’m beyond late to the club but can anyone point me to a thread for a new owner and “must do’s” for this title? Or a few tips? I read a bit about 6.0 and know the one I’m getting has been sitting stock for a while. Thanks

1 week later
#5640 5 years ago

Hi all. I just got a JP and want to do the led conversion. I know I saw someone created a pictured breakdown of all of the bulbs needed but can’t find it. Anyone have the link or post? Just need numbers of bulbs. Oh also I updated the roms to chads 6.0 and sound. The other roms- U17/21 etc are the 4. Something version. What do these do and do I need to update as well? Thanks

#5671 5 years ago

So.... I was cleaning my JP playfield, lowered it and somehow sparks flew right as I was trying to seat it. Yes I know turn it off. Now, the trex AND the trough clear are not responding at all. During the trex diagnostic nothing happens and I get an error for trex switches. When I put it in DX mode the switches register. Any ideas where to start??

#5673 5 years ago

All my fuses in the back box and cabinet boards looked good. I don’t know what else it could have shorted out. The flippers still test and all light work, just trex and most coils have ceased . Auto plunge works but not much else. You think it’s a flipper issue?

#5702 5 years ago

So I got game up and running, no errors. Only thing occurring is that the trex isn’t snatching up the ball. He goes down and doesn’t close the mouth, but when up chomps fine. Also tests fine. Any ideas? If I just just take glass of and move trex around it works for a bit then same thing.

4 weeks later
#6007 4 years ago

Anyone know if there is any issues w switching out standard 555 bulbs for the 455 in the back box? Just did an led swap and some of the 455s were out.

#6009 4 years ago

Thanks I’ll order some. I didn’t know if there would be any problem using 555s other than not having the flash. I put some in for now but never had to use 455 before

3 months later
#6822 4 years ago

Speaker hum question- I had a dead power board and got a rottendog. Works perfect now except has the dreaded loud speaker hum. Original speakers. Will upgrading speakers fix this? Ideas? It’s so loud on attract mode.

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Your power supply can be repaired. I will send it to have it rebuilt. Rotten dog boards have had issues supplying the correct voltages.

Thanks. I was going to have repaired eventually as I’m not able to do it but was wondering if there’s anything that could help now so I’m not just eating the 100$. Seems like I Should have done my homework first on this one.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Try loosening the screws on the audio board, thus floating the ground. It helped me alot.

Loosened the bottom left screw a bit on the soundboard and the hum almost disappeared entirely. Thanks for the advice! Just for my education, not quite sure what floating the ground means. Is there any potential downside to doing this?

#6859 4 years ago

Such good info. The hum is still there but very very reduced compared to the board being bolted completely down. I just want to make sure I’m clear of any potential risks otherwise I’ll Pin on and say solved. Until something catches on fire this seems like a common problem so hopefully other game owners will benefit from the discussion. I didn’t find much about it.

#6920 4 years ago

What service rails will work w de JP? Anyone got any extra? Pm me. I hate the service legs. Thanks

#6946 4 years ago

Question on JP board- these guys get real hot- is that normal?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Question on JP board- these guys get real hot- is that normal?[quoted image]

The full row of 3w27s

#6951 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes thats normal, the resistors get verry warm.
Or do you mean extreme?
They are from a ceramic material so it can withstand high temperatures.
Judging by the pictures youre fine, but if you have doubts about the heat/ functionality you can easely replace them.

thanks. They are not warm, they are extremely hot. But I was told that was normal. But when I say hot I mean touch it and u have a permanent tattoo. After only 20 min of playing

5 months later
#7350 4 years ago

Hi all. Did something dumb while trying to fix my power supply. I had to clip my black wires going to CN2 and forgot to label them. I think I have it right but before I turn it on does it matter which black wires you have going to pins 6 and 3? Can they go either way? Anyway to 100% tell which one goes to which if it does? Thanks.

#7352 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Appears both are ground coming from the same spot on the PS. You could further check by measuring the resistance between the 2 wires, they should be a zero ohm short it they are the 2 wires shown here in the schematic.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#7364 4 years ago

Does anyone have a breakdown of the rule changes for the game adjustment 7- extra easy through extra hard? I didn’t see a matrix in the manual. Otherwise it’s going through each one. Just curious thanks
Jimmy

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Page 17 of the manual.[quoted image]

Thanks but I don’t see the game play difference if you went from “factory “ to “hard” for example. Maybe I’m missing it

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Thanks but I don’t see the game play difference if you went from “factory “ to “hard” for example. Maybe I’m missing it

Meant comprehensive change list sorry. By the table it looks like extra easy through factory are the same

1 week later
#7414 4 years ago

Evening DEJP experts. Got a question- I changed the bulb to the smart missle. Anyone know which switch clip the purple wire goes to inside the handle? I think it’s the furthest out but I’ve been having glitches w it. You should be able to see without removing anything. There’s two to choose from, one right next to the black wire but that one is labeled NC and isn’t working at all hooked up. Thanks

Jimmy

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Smart missile is an insert lamp so you need to use a non-ghosting bulb there. Are you?

Replaced w same incandescent as the led wouldn’t fit. I sent the armour out for powder coating so can’t really test but if anyone was willing to lift a playfield and take a pick I would appreciate it. Just in case you are already under there couldn’t find in the manual and I swear to god I learned my lesson about not taking pics

#7430 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Post what pictures you have of it.

Thanks- I just swapped around the wires and it worked- 50-50 chance but did get back from powder coating. I went opposite you (red/yellow).

25E8FDE1-D72D-4C94-8B5D-3D30787EBEAC (resized).jpeg25E8FDE1-D72D-4C94-8B5D-3D30787EBEAC (resized).jpeg595B2BEC-4343-4E2F-AA69-9A74A726B573 (resized).jpeg595B2BEC-4343-4E2F-AA69-9A74A726B573 (resized).jpeg
#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Hey JP friends, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed some pretty loud rattling or rumbling with the cabinet whenever the shaker motor fires? I notice this most during the Smart Missle, and also when T-Rex eats the ball.
I've walked around the cabinet while it's happening and it almost sounds like it's rattling somewhere underneath or behind the backbox? It's defintiely loud rattling that I don't really notice while playing on other machines that have shakers installed. I also tried testing the shaker while holding down the playfield main glass, and can confirm that it's definitely not the culprit.
Any ideas?

my shaker is loud and too strong imo. I haven’t adjusted it but need too. It shakes the game way too much. If anyone has adjustment advice I’m open as well. Mainly during same times. If not I’ll dig in and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyapple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=jimmyapple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.