65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim5six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1696 8 years ago

Hello everyone,
looking to become a club member in good standing. I picked up a low mileage early production JP yesterday and have been scouring this topic ever since. I love all the mods and passion for the game. It is my fourth machine so I'm no newbie but am new to Jurassic Park and Data East. I love all the Mods that people are doing and look to add a gate mod and can't wait for the scoop hole mod (once blue is back in stock)! I printed the replacement cards but unfortunately in my mad dash to read and download anything JP related i cannot remember who to thank for those, but thank you! My printer is currently feverishly printing a gate I found, but it may not be sized right so it may need a redo. thanks in advance for all the great info on the outstanding game!
-Jim

2016-02-09_16.46.12_(resized).jpg2016-02-09_16.46.12_(resized).jpg

2016-02-09_16.46.30_(resized).jpg2016-02-09_16.46.30_(resized).jpg

2016-02-09_17.29.03_(resized).jpg2016-02-09_17.29.03_(resized).jpg

#1703 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Congrats. Welcome! Is that the one that's been up on ebay for a while? I see it's got the clear pop bumpers, says smart bomb, and has a spot to put a rubber bumper on the wireform (something I wish mine had). Can't be too many of those lower productions around.

I don't think so. The lady said it hadn't been used in years and she didn't seem like the type to have an ebay ad...
Thanks,
Jim

#1723 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The best thing I did to my JP was to replace all the insert lamps with Comet warm white non-ghosting LEDs. Really freshened the look of the machine. I also added a superbright RED under the TRex saucer tied into the nearby TRex lamp - looks awesome! I left the GI as incandescent as the warm glow is my preference.
Good luck!

Mark,
Did you replace the eject cup with a clear one or is the red light strong enough to shine through the original plastic?
Thanks,
Jim

#1725 8 years ago

Speaking of lifting the playfield... Has anyone ever tried to make the playfield pivot? the metal "leg" on the playfield that slides on the metal rail is pretty close to the same as the pivot on my Williams Road King table. Seems to me if you mount the same "socket" inside the cabinet it would work as a pivot point. Just a thought. Picture is of my RK pivot

2016-02-11_10.15.31_(resized).jpg2016-02-11_10.15.31_(resized).jpg

#1728 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It does pivot, actually. There's a bungee bolted to the bottom of the cabinet and an eyelet on the bottom of the playfield to connect it to so it stays upright.

Oh...Ok I will check that out thanks. I have the bungee and the eye bolt but that seems like a hell of a stretch on that little bungee...

#1729 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Laser War had a single pivot point. When I got JP I was confused how it worked, and after learning all the ways you can pull the playfield out, I actually like it better. You can reach the stuff at the very back of the playfield better when you pull the playfield out, and the tilt it up. As opposed to just the single pivot point where the back to the playfield is in the bottom of the cabinet. But also serves a great purpose for working on stuff close to the front of the playfield.

Ok thanks, sounds like its just different and I will get used to it. thanks for the reassurance!
-Jim

#1731 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It does pivot, actually. There's a bungee bolted to the bottom of the cabinet and an eyelet on the bottom of the playfield to connect it to so it stays upright.

Figured out the Bungee, thanks! that is much better. Question, do you leave it connected or unhook it when you lower the table. I think i will unhook it to relieve tension but I was wondering what the original intent was.
thanks again!
Jim

1 month later
#1972 8 years ago

I am having a problem getting my JP playfield incline set. I have 30.5 inch legs all around and with the leg levelers on the front set as low as they can go (jam nuts removed and levelers bottomed out on leg) and the rear levelers set as high as they can go (just one turn of threads above leg material) I can only get 7 degrees of incline. I would like to find out if this is normal or maybe the front legs should be the shorter 28 inch variety? Yes, my floor is level, I checked that first. I am not trusting the built in levels, I am using something better. I am measuring directly on the playfield surface. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Only 7°? That's pretty much all you want usually. You could get longer leg levelers if the short once are in there.

I like the play at 7 degrees, yes but it doesn't seem right that i am at the end of my adjust-ability at 7 degrees. Why do they show an 8 and a 9 degree on the apron if they are unreachable? I do have the long levelers in the back

#1982 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Jim,
I just confirmed and both my JP and TFTC (both DE games) have 28.5 inch legs installed. I think that you need to install the 28.5 inch legs for JP.
Gord

Thanks Gord,
If I put shorter legs all around I would have the same results since that's lowering both front and back. Thank you however for the measurements. I like knowing how games came "factory".
-Jim

1 month later
#2116 8 years ago

I believe its the "Danger" light that flashes during ball save time.

#2117 8 years ago

I more for the 6.0 code. I love it. so many improvements! Its worth it just to not have to hear "STAMPEDE" at the beginning of every game.

-Jim

#2121 8 years ago

Oh Yes! I would love that. was there enough open space to mount or did you have to relocate a bunch of wiring?

-Jim

Quoted from transprtr4u:

A much needed "mod" , well at least for me!

image_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2243 7 years ago

I don't see ribbon cables for JP for sale on BAA or Marco... But ribbon cables are universal for computer connections. Count your wires/contacts and you can go to someplace like Mouser and find a matching ribbon cable.

-Jim

#2276 7 years ago
Quoted from scottholdren:

Thanks for the reply. These are my pop-bumpers. The area for the sticker is pretty rough, even if I had a sticker I don't think it would sit very well. The Serial No on the MPU is 85029, which is early but not the earliest.
I'm also having trouble locating replacement yellow eject shields, if you have any advice there. T-rex has been gumming it to death.

Mine is early production SN 83073. The Smart "Missile" Insert on mine says Smart "Bomb" instead of missile. I've never seen one like yours. Mine also does not have that sticker. would love to find one but have been unsuccessful... My pop bumper caps are plain, clear and no speaker grill art. Also no EOS on the flippers, so Raptor pit can kill your flipper. There are a few other differences...

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

He has one. He is saying that when it shoots the ball back and it hits a flipper that is holding up, it'll force it down since the EOS switch is gone.

Yeah, its not bad. Its an added difficulty... you just have to pay attention to that raptor pit hit a little closer.

#2283 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I believe this Solution 3 will fix this for you since I think it removes the EOS from the equation:
http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb54.pdf

I don't think it needs "fixing". I like it... Raptors are powerful, right. knocking back the flipper feels right to me. I think it how they wanted it but got complaints and changed it... but i wouldn't say fixed...

-Jim

1 week later
#2319 7 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Just brought home a beater JP. It has the DE hum and it's LOUD! I read the thread on humming and plan to fist float the sound board. One issue though, I don't have a key to the back box. Is my only option to drill the lock? I notice that the lock is on a small metal plate that's secured by two screws with a "star" head. If I take those out can I work the lock out?

Yes, if you remove the screws from the lock plate you can get it out.

-Jim

1 week later
#2363 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Kinda wish we had access to the files to print our own. I tried printing the one "East Dock" sign on Thingyverse, but ran into problems with my settings on it, and need to try it again.

I couldn't get that thingiverse East Dock to print either... FYI, it may not be your machine. My list of "things to look at" is steadily growing but it was on the list to try and see if I could fix... Will post if I have any success.

-Jim

1 week later
#2414 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OK, crickets. Lets stir up some interest in this club...
So this sweet paddock sign...Ive been looking at that ugly stickered box thats tells you when to shoot the trex. I have been wondering WHY its on such a rediculous angle thats hard to read. Why didnt they put it over the lane? I am thinking maybe one of these signs would be sweet in place of that box, AND over the lane. You could mount the spot to the back of it. I would just route the light to the saucer then and when the saucer flashes I think it would be obvious enough to shoot the trex.
Thoughts?

I think the sign is great, but wonder about its quality in real life... I also think it would need a spotlight on it as it tends to be dark back there . I took that box off and added a jeep there, but yeah I would like to see this sign incorporated like you want to do.

-Jim

2016-04-02_14.13.00_(resized).jpg2016-04-02_14.13.00_(resized).jpg

2016-04-02_14.13.35_(resized).jpg2016-04-02_14.13.35_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2431 7 years ago

I have the decal in front of t-rex here if anybody needs it. It's sized right and if you have Photoshop I have the colors separated out into three layers so if your printer prints blue slightly different that mine did you can adjust each color to your liking.
JPG:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5125926/Pinball/Jurassic_Park_Decal.jpg
PS:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5125926/Pinball/Jurassic_Park_Decal.psd

-Jim

3 weeks later
#2497 7 years ago

Yeah, what woody said. It could be as simple as a return spring. The one question is when the flipper doesn't return is it because it is still under power or just because it doesn't have a spring? There is no EOS.
-Jim

1 month later
#2599 7 years ago

Yes all players will get the same first mode lit. Since the rest can be changed via pop bumpers i think its the right thing to do so all players are on an equal playing field at the beginning of the game.

-Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim5six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=jim5six and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.