Topic Stats

• 7,291 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,728 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3712 (resized).jpg
IMG_3356 (resized).JPG
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
4FFF35C0-28BE-4A58-A986-E3D0627FC8E2 (resized).jpeg
325BA079-816E-4706-8616-FA8BC846D7E3 (resized).jpeg
A1810463-E1CA-4C4A-AC49-4AA6E29E5692 (resized).jpeg
A18 (resized).JPG
A17 (resized).JPG
A16 (resized).JPG
A15 (resized).JPG
A14 (resized).JPG
A13 (resized).JPG
A12 (resized).JPG
A11 (resized).JPG
A10 (resized).JPG
A9 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3939 2 years ago

Hello to all,
I'm a new member, I write from Italy and JP is one of my 3 pinballs together with Tales from the crypt and Lethal Weapon 3

IMG_20171211_160316 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160326 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171212_120340 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160252 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160306 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160300 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160237 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160245 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171211_160235 (resized).jpg

#3940 2 years ago

I would like to illuminate the words When the dinosaur is ruled the Earth, could you please explain how to do it? What to buy and how to connect it considering that I'm not very good at electronics.

#3943 2 years ago

Very very thanks

10 months later
#4668 1 year ago

Hi, I have a problem with my IP. While playing, the pinball is switched off and only the GI is switched on with the display off and the 3 lights on the CPU board turned off. After 5 minutes, it restarts regularly

#4670 1 year ago

Vero very thanks

#4671 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Sounds like your 5 volt supply is bad. I had to replace the capacitors on the main power supply board a while back and had the same symptoms. Easy way to check is to get a voltmeter and check the voltage at the test points. They are located on the power supply board in the upper right hand corner. The voltage is listed right on the test point. GI only and no dmd means you are not getting 5 volts. Check that one first. If not 5v, look at all the smaller capacitors on that board to see if any appear to be leaking. I think the ones responsible are C2 and C7 if I recall correctly.

The problem is only on power supply?

#4677 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Ecco alcune immagini della scheda di alimentazione. Nell'angolo in alto a destra, puoi vedere i punti di prova con la tensione accanto a loro. Prendi un voltmetro e mettilo su 20vdc. Accendere la macchina e con la porta della moneta chiusa, mettere il cavo nero su una fascetta di messa a terra e il cavo rosso su ciascuno dei punti di prova. Ognuno dovrebbe corrispondere all'output. Controllare il punto di test a 5 volt e assicurarsi che legga 5 volt. Qualsiasi meno farà sì che dmd non si avvii o resetti. Quindi la macchina aspetterà che il dmd inizi solo con il GI e siederà semplicemente lì.
Ho anche preso una foto ravvicinata dei condensatori che ho sostituito. Erano i due blu (C7 e C2). Dalla foto puoi vedere dove è un po 'lucido intorno a quei due. Questi si riverseranno fuori sulla scheda. Questo potrebbe non essere il tuo problema, quindi assicurati di controllare tutte le nozioni di base, come fusibili e connettori di ripristino e cavi a nastro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks thanks thanks

#4680 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Sounds like your 5 volt supply is bad. I had to replace the capacitors on the main power supply board a while back and had the same symptoms. Easy way to check is to get a voltmeter and check the voltage at the test points. They are located on the power supply board in the upper right hand corner. The voltage is listed right on the test point. GI only and no dmd means you are not getting 5 volts. Check that one first. If not 5v, look at all the smaller capacitors on that board to see if any appear to be leaking. I think the ones responsible are C2 and C7 if I recall correctly.

I turned on the Pinball, it was perfectly made, I did measure with the test and these are the results: in the 5V the result was 5.06, for the 12V the result was 10.7 constant, for -12 The result was 13.01. I tried to make 2 games, in order to perform measurements during the defect but, unfortunately, this time worked perfectly. Sorry for my English

7 months later
#6573 6 months ago

Hi everyone, my dinosaur started not to swallow the ball anymore, what can it be?

Thanks

#6574 6 months ago

This is the link to the video I made of the diagnostics. I understand very little, do you think there is something wrong? Thank you

#6586 6 months ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi everyone, my dinosaur started not to swallow the ball anymore, what can it be?

Thanks

I identified the problem, the wires in the sheath that reach the coil on the back of the T-Rex, the wires are damaged and the sheath cut, I removed it and I attached the wires directly to the coil, without passing them around the dinosaur. .. Now everything works, eats perfectly ... This winter I will change the sheath and the wires to make them pass around the dinosaur again

#6590 6 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You have to do a loop-de-loop with the wiring harness to the T-Rex mouth coil.

What is the loop-de-loop?

#6593 6 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The T-Rex assembly bends at a 90°... That is what causes the wiring harness to fatigue and fail...
By replacing the wiring harness and adding a 360° loop to the harness at the bend point...
it distresses the wiring harness.

Thanks

4 months later
#7136 72 days ago

Hi, what is the measurement in inches of the screws used for screwing the data east boards into the backbox? Thanks

3 weeks later
#7150 51 days ago

My JP resets very often (once the word slam tilt appeared, the others restart or the screen remains off while the lights of the playfield turned on for a few minutes and then restarts) I think it depends on the 5v right? What are the components to replace on the power supply to restore the 5v? I'm not familiar with electronics but I'm handy with the welder

1 week later
#7155 44 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Have you first cheked the , door slam tilt?

Yes, i have cheked the door slam tilt, this isn't the problem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Gap, PA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 50.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside