Topic Stats

• 7,152 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (5 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (5 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (5 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (5 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (4 years ago)

Post #436 Rock Custom Pinball Under Cab Lighting mod Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #457 Rock Custom Pinball Acrylic Playfield Backer Mod [Video] Posted by Rock914 (4 years ago)

Post #510 GoodToBeDad's Ramp Gate Mod - Controlled with a PIG2 [Video] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #554 1:43 Scale JP JEEP [Amazon Link] Posted by winteriscoming (4 years ago)

Post #570 T-Rex Saucer Replacement [Link] Posted by outcida (4 years ago)

Post #631 T-Rex Hand Puppet Mod Posted by smerff (4 years ago)

Post #687 Loopcombo Site Link Posted by accidental (4 years ago)

Post #743 JP Jeep Flasher Mod [Video / Link to thread] Posted by lkadlec (4 years ago)

Post #950 Chad's Unofficial Code [Link] Posted by ChadH (4 years ago)

Post #1092 CPU / Display Chip Locations [Picture] Posted by Crash (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

1 (resized).png

I was cleaning last night and noticed a post on the right side (in red) that's not on the left. I don't seem to have rubber on this post either. The left side has a small hole for a post but looks like one was never installed. Are your machines the same way?

Anyone have a part number for this post above the wire guide? manual doesn't have it listed.

2 weeks later
#3390 2 years ago

Mine was backwards when I got it too!

1 week later
#3416 2 years ago

I hope, I hope, I hope!!

#3423 2 years ago

Ordered mine too!! Can't wait!

#3441 2 years ago

From what I've read both LED and LCD will work with the code but you have to permanently mod the speaker panel to fit the LCD (which is why it's not listed on their site), also I think you have to pull out the speaker panel to access the boards because the light panel/door won't clear the LCD version.

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

And Chad confirmed that the ColorDMD will work with code 6.00

Good info, I didn't even think about that.

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

3 Days! Wheres the video COLORDMD???

I know! I'm dying to see the preview!

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Video preview is out... let me know what you guys think!!!!..

It looks amazing!! Well done sir.
Better than I even imagined it would be!

2 months later
#3736 2 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If I have to buy the two flipper kit that says it's compatible with JP, where can you get just one additional rebuild for the top right flipper?

Pinball life will sell a half set

1 month later
#3846 2 years ago

I went LED, no permanent modification needed, easy plug and play. Looks great. I'm sure the smoothing of the LCD looks awesome too but I don't feel like I'm really missing out on anything.
Also the LED has better viewing angles...

3 weeks later
#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

These are mine, PM sent!

Dang you were too quick for me! Nice grab.

1 week later
#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from HotPieceOfSass:

so i just installed the 6.0 code and now i can't get the audits menu to load when i try and access it I can only access the diagnostics mode. is there a different way to access it?
I'm to broke to pay real quarters to play the game and desperately need free play mode . lol

Push the green button in, and then try again.

#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What is the spare lightbox? Only cabinet with backbox was extra, not a Playfield

He means the bulb panel/board that is behind the translight... in front of the mpu etc.

1 week later
#4043 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone please confirm if the Chad 6.0 Rom is compatible with Pinsound?

Yes it is

1 month later
#4299 1 year ago

What are people using to power all the mods off the service outlet? I think it's time I give my power supply some relief.

1 month later
#4372 1 year ago

Fits nicely!

20180421_180453 (resized).jpg

#4374 1 year ago

Matchbox just released them as a legacy collection for the new movie. Target has them.

#4376 1 year ago

amazon.com link »

That set is under $6 at target

#4379 1 year ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I can't find a listing for it on the Target website. I guess it's in store only.

Yeah must be, I didn't see them online either but every target I went to had them.

1 week later
#4398 1 year ago

They sell both of them in singles, the covered jeep is the only one not in the 5 pack. The Mercedes from lost world is also green in single and grey in the 5 pack.

2 months later
#4490 1 year ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

on a few occassions the t-rex head hasn't gone back up. But if i restart the game the head operates normally for another 20+ games. Has anyone seen this before?

My guess is there may be a small break in the wires somewhere that shorts when the head goes down, most of the time maintaining its connection but when bent just right cuts out.

20180801_214102 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I just want to find someone that can supply me with the inner wall art, that is great!

I got mine from arcade skinz before he shut down. Retro refurbs has a couple, and the one they have for Gilligan island would look nice too.

#4666 1 year ago

Yes you will have a hard time selling it.
I would have a hard time even paying $1200 for it. That cab looks like it has had some very serious moisture issues, so everything is suspect. That may be the one that was for sale a couple years ago that was flooded in a hurricane. Unless you get it for ridiculously cheap (like $1000 or less) I would pass on that nightmare.

2 weeks later
#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Anyone know where I can get the sign mods the go over the Bunker and Control Room? Let me know thanks

https://loopcombo.com/

1 week later
#4722 1 year ago

But with the pinsound board everything sounds better and you can switch from the original sounds to the endprodukt mix on the fly whenever you want...

1 month later
#4811 11 months ago

I'll take one of each! Lorg knows we could all use a better trough system!

2 weeks later
#4919 11 months ago

Do it. It's worth it. No more relay click and no more blinding flashes especially during chaos MB. I love it.

1 month later
#5311 9 months ago

Im not sure what could be wrong next. I have a short video here. This was chaos mb going into drain of all 6 balls.
The game seems to be putting a ball in the upkicker and leaving it there for no reason. Does every ones game always have a ball ready to upkick? Its not recognizing that the ball is in the upkicker it seems. Like I said, the switch tests fine. And the ball activates it when its there. What am i missing?
Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#5386 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished cleaning up my coin mechs & installed some custom inserts.[quoted image]

Those look great! Ugh ,reminds me I need to find some!

2 weeks later
#5517 8 months ago

GI maestro won't solve that problem because it works for ALL the G.I. but is great for the blinding strobing effect.

#5518 8 months ago

I did the same thing as Darscot and put a spotlight on the left sling and up by the 3rd flipper as well to light the playfield up better.

#5522 8 months ago

That G.I. maestro is worth every penny.

#5525 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First I've ever heard of it. Just checked out the website & watched all the videos. Very cool product for $123 shipped! All of his vids are on a LAH, so was wondering how many GI lines does JP have and what does each light?

Honestly I'm not sure, I just used it to control all of the g.i. to fade down to dim and back to full instead of strobe on and off. Gets rid of the relay click as well. Makes a huge difference in modes like chaos MB.

#5526 8 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

GI maestro won't solve that problem because it works for ALL the G.I. but is great for the blinding strobing effect.

You know i guess i just set it up and never tinkered with it after the fact, but from what I'm reading now maybe you CAN use it to dim the backbox by itself, I'll have to dink around with it some more when I get some time.

#5561 8 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

Mind posting a pic when you get a chance so I can compare to my setup?

The glare on grant is only because of the high angle I took the photo from..

20190401_223539 (resized).jpg

#5563 8 months ago

Finally got around to putting service rails on!
What a game changer, if you were on the fence DO IT! There's a little bit of careful drilling but it's not that hard. Used a 5/8" spade bit for the T nuts. Pilot drilling the lower holes is where you have to be really careful.

So much better than those dumb posts.
So much better.

20190401_203423 (resized).jpg20190401_203437 (resized).jpg20190401_203542 (resized).jpg20190401_204640 (resized).jpg
#5564 8 months ago
20190401_203447 (resized).jpg20190401_203459 (resized).jpg
#5573 8 months ago

I got the spike version, but i didnt see the other set...

#5604 8 months ago

This look great! Finally a good looking set of target decals!

#5609 8 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Morning All,
I came home with my first JP yesterday night and had a question regarding the 'T-Gate' -- is the ball supposed to go up the shooter lane, through the T-Gate and into the pop-bumpers? it seems to hit the t-gate and just head down the playfield - meaning unless I flipper-hit the ball into the pop-bumpers it doesn't actually go into that location.

Yes it should go through into the pops but it was common for people to flip that gate around for some reason. Mine was like that when I got it too.

#5624 8 months ago

The legs on those last 3 trough switches on the left are all bent pretty bad, especially the last one...

1 week later
#5737 8 months ago

You can also check to make sure the whole auto launch assembly (mounting bracket) is not loose, that could cause an inconsistant launch.

#5795 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Since I've got the machine opened up to install the Opto ball through, I bit the bullet and ordered a ColorDMD. Not really wanting to spend $400, I decided I could bring a peanut butter sandwich to work for the next 6 months. ha.

Do it for a year and get the pinsound too, it goes in the same area as colordmd

1 week later
#5850 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but it they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=133

That does look nice, and of course I just put an order in yesterday.

#5861 7 months ago

Collect the jackpot, then use the smart middle to start CHAOS multiball.

#5871 7 months ago

Like I said, I love the theme. Once T2 sells, and I fill that spot, well see what happens. Still really want an xmen le, but would rather trade plus cash for it.
JP lives to see another day!

Well I can't help but be torn about this haha

#5902 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Ugh! After a lot of tinkering and soldering and troubleshooting with Davi with my Opto board, I finally got it working. Yay! But.... now I can't shut my coin door. I have a Japan import with a center coin slot and it hits about the area of the board with the JP logo on it. All I need is about 1/4 inch of space.
Has anyone else run into a similar issue, or do the double coin slots miss the board? If that's the case, maybe I should look into replacing the door?
Oh, in other news. Double check your maintenance rails for sliding the playfield out on. Mine were EXTREMELY loose. I could hand-tighten all the nuts several rotations. After tightening them up, I wiped them down cause they were dir-tay, then wiped cloth damp with oil over them. What a difference that made.

Take the coin mech off...

#5914 7 months ago

I'd buy the TILT Topper before I'd buy a NOS or re-pro.

#5959 7 months ago

JP is the perfect candidate for Radcals, the corners are already black...

I wouldn't think it would be a tough game to stencil, I lucked out and got a sweet set of Phoenix arcade decals for mine, super high quality, you could put feelers out and see If there is another set floating around out there but I know it was a limited run.

#6043 7 months ago

I think you'd be surprised how much people will pay for a nice mod, $100 is right in the neighborhood of most decent mods.

#6051 7 months ago

Looks good!
I feel like the backbox needs some yellow, maybe where there would normally be T-moulding.
It would match the getaway next to it.

#6095 7 months ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I personally like the idea of keeping the existing hardware, like the flasher and spot light, in-tact and mounted to whatever replaces the box.
If the sign itself isn't a box, will it successfully obscure all the hardware, or what's the plan for that?

Exactly my thoughts too, maybe make it as deep (but hollow on the back side) as the existing box so we can keep the flasher in there.

1 week later
#6216 6 months ago

I put comet 2smd "ice blue" in my pops and and they lightup a nice green. (Phone pic doesn't do it justice as usual)

As far as the cliffys go I had to move my control room/bunker trough back as far as possible, after that I don't find it that hard to hit, not as easy as without, don't get the lazy drop ins but not too many rejects of a good shot either.
The power shed is the only one that I wouldn't mind having the easy ones drop into, I might take that one off because it doesn't take as much of a beating as the other two.
20190524_234558 (resized).jpg

#6217 6 months ago

Has anybody put shorter legs on or know of some that would work?
My JP is a about 2" taller than my LWJP next to it.
Also trying to get the pitch to 6.5 I feel like I have to crank the rear levelers up way higher than I should have to, the previous owner put some red legs on the front but they are 28.5", same as the rear.

#6225 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You should always fill the scoop damage before installing cliffy's or they're going to deform and cause issues with slow rollers. It looks like your C scoop cliffy might be starting to bend already.

Yeah I know. I'll fix them if I replace this set or I'll just take them off until I find a fresh PF.

#6230 6 months ago
Quoted from Geteos:

After much fiddling with vinyl decals and waterslides I was able to finish off two of the projects this evening.
Presenting the T-Rex Box (w/top) and the Stun Gun![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Nice work.

#6241 6 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

The 28.5" are the correct length. You could put new Stern legs on the back which are 30.5". My back levelers are way up. Probably 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" of the 3" leveler is sticking out of the leg.

Good to know yours are that high too, thanks.
I may just put the 30.5" on the rear that's not a bad idea.
I was hoping to lower the whole machine a little for kids and my short girlfriend but i dont remember ever seeing any 26.5" legs, guess I could have them cut and welded.

1 week later
#6288 6 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

NOTE: The production run of JP has the hex spacer.... Over the years "people", lose stuff...
------ Sample games are not production games,they have never been, and they never will be...

For sure, easy "extra part" to end up with after a JP topside.
Most of them probably ended up set aside in the cabinet "where did this go? Oh well, everything works!" Before the internet.
One time folded up and to the back she goes! Along with all the other miscellaneous screws and nuts you may or may not find a home for someday.

#6340 6 months ago

Top of the right sling? Where the main wireform is secured.

20190611_235529 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6557 5 months ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Have any of y'all guys upgraded to different, better playfield support brackets? If so type and pics please. I don't care for the factory DE brackets.

I bought the easy slides but haven't put them on yet.

#6561 5 months ago

I think he means the slides not the supports, but I put those supports on mine and totally worth it in every way. Edit: just re-read and you're probably correct.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Details please?

https://back-alley-creations.myshopify.com/products/ez-slide-slider-bracket

#6563 5 months ago

Those look nice, I guess? I mean, I don't see the issue with the metal ones. They seem to slide just fine. It's the prop up brackets that are shit. Unless I'm missing something.

They don't have the "bump" to have to go over when you slide the playfield back in.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

I think either of these will fit.
I put the newer spike style on and they are a complete game changer.

#6566 5 months ago
20190401_203416 (resized).jpg
#6567 5 months ago

You do have to do a little drilling but they weren't that hard to install.
Again, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE.
100% recommend it.

#6569 5 months ago

Drill pilot holes for the rear screws so the wood doesn't split.

20190401_203447 (resized).jpg20190401_203459 (resized).jpg20190401_203437 (resized).jpg20190401_203542 (resized).jpg20190401_204640 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6654 5 months ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Curious, why are you guys cutting the tabs off of the eject hole inserts? When I replaced mine, I left the tabs and have never had an issue with the T-Rex eating the ball or the ball rolling out of the hole.

Same here, works every time.

1 week later
#6716 4 months ago

I was going to sell my DEJP but I don't think I can do it... I guess Dialed in gets the axe.

I'm too attached, and something seems cool about lining all 3 JP pins up together.

#6731 4 months ago

I'm buying it. From what I understand it is not based on the movie but takes place after the movie.

#6735 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

If it’s after the movie, why is nedry on the machine then?
Legitimately though, once you get it, please do a review of the machine - I’m very curious.

I guess because he was the cause of all the chaos.

#6767 4 months ago

These might look pretty nice in our DEJP's
Might have to trim them a little but I think they would work.

jurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpgjurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#6921 3 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

They don't have the "bump" to have to go over when you slide the playfield back in.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html
I think either of these will fit.
I put the newer spike style on and they are a complete game changer.

1 week later
#6973 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I must say that I'm really pleased with how my Barbasol flasher cover came out. The shaving cream can is designed to replace the red cover at the back right of the pin near the dock eject shield. Installation is simple - just take the two nuts off of the current flasher cover, replace the cover with my Barbasol can, put the nuts back on, and viola!
In my case I left the red flasher in, but I might decide to replace it with white (FYI, I use the 13SMD towers from Comet - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/13smd-tower-flasher). I'm making the Barbasol flasher covers available for purchase for $35 including US shipping (as always, I will ship outside US but will need to quote based upon destination). As always, please PM me if interested, and be sure to check out all of my other JP mods as well at http://thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Nice work as always.

3 weeks later
#7053 73 days ago
Quoted from edward472:

Fired up my machine for the first time in a few weeks and played a few games. Everything works fine, but something feels off with the auto plunger. When I get to tri-ball, the ball feeds into the shooter lane and then there is quite a bit of delay before the auto plunge. It felt like it took an eternity for the game to kick out the extra 2 balls. Thoughts on what might be the issue?

Mine is doing the same thing lately, haven't dug into it to find the issue yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rexford, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside