New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80267)

Jurassic Park (DATA EAST) club

By louknees

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,304 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,039 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

52f492bea4eb99a6d9794e0ddd31673843b04af1 (resized).jpg
3a8a169870a1b44f40076a2fb0f43a3ac0b19ade (resized).jpg
20201014_064422 (resized).jpg
20201008_150954 (resized).jpg
20201006_174710 (resized).jpg
20200929_033506 (resized).jpg
120259934_1440373529497409_4295657845503125371_o (resized).jpg
Jurassic Park Switch Matrix (resized).jpg
20200927_003109 (resized).jpg
20200924_170342 (resized).jpg
JP_TruckMounts (resized).jpg
JP_JeepU2 (resized).jpg
JP_JeepU3 (resized).jpg
JP_JeepU1 (resized).jpg
JP_ExpU3 (resized).jpg
JP_JeepL3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (6 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (6 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (6 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (6 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (6 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (6 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (5 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (5 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (5 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodtobedad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I tend to lose way more balls to the left outlane than to the right due to the opening being larger since the other side has a mini post. Seems like a kickback would really save the day. Oh well, just the dreams of a terrible JP player...

You can add a post there. There is a mark for one. I added one to improve the game play, but also to protect that plastic behind it.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd have to check, but isn't there a dimple for a center post, too?

I don't see a dimple for a center post. But a center post wouldn't be protecting anything. I didn't want the plastic by my outlane to crack.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I just got a JP and have a question. Does your right flipper when pressed show on the switch test? Mine does not but the flipper works.

When pressing the right flipper button in just enough to fire the lower flipper, it will show on the switch test. Pressing it farther in to fire the upper flipper won't show. At least that's how mine works.

1 month later
#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Diruos:

What would you recommend to buy to keep it serviced and cleaned?

Here's a quick list of some of the things I use regularly:

The Manual - If you don't get one with your purchase, you can find them on www.ipdb.org

Novas #1 and #2 for cleaning and polishing.

Johnson Paste wax for the playfield (and even the cabinet sometimes since JP has a painted cabinet).

A digital multimeter - Something will always go wrong. You'll need this to help find the cause.

It's difficult to get to some of the bulbs on JP. If your game doesn't come with LEDs, you'll need replacement light bulbs and a socket set to get to them.

Glass cleaner

I have a JP for sale. What part of the country are you in?

#117 6 years ago

There is always some buzzing with JP, but excessive buzzing is likely a grounding issue.

#121 6 years ago

I'll be leaving the club soon. I bought a DM and need to make room. My JP is in great shape. 100% working and clean, and has several mods, LEDs throughout, updated roms, new playfield glass, and a topper. You can read all of the details in the market.

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12509

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Any particular reason or history on that?

My game came with a set of each.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Also any links to JP mods would be great.

There are some great mods in this thread - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods

1 week later
#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I think those are slingshots for Jurassic Park: The Lost World machine.

These aren't for JPLW. From what I can tell, JP shipped with two variations of the same slingshot plastics. One is blue and the other is orange.

http://jtamusements.com/store/images/De_JP_Orange_Sling_Set.jpeg
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/images/43786_gr.jpg?language=english

10 months later
#481 5 years ago

Working on a new gate mod.

IMG_7294.JPG

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Go ahead and take my money!

I'm working out a few small details, but I should have them ready to sell next week.

#487 5 years ago

Do the leds flicker like a torch? Do they tie into the game like the torches already on the current gate?

They don't flicker, but they do connect to the same power that lights the current gate.

#488 5 years ago

The gates are now available! Please PM me for payment details if you're interested in one. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19676

IMG_7299.JPG

#492 5 years ago

The doors are stationary.
I don't know of any flickering leds. It's a cool idea, but I wonder if it would look like blinking lights. Right now they go on and off just like the original gate lights. If you know of some flickering leds, please send me a link.
Thanks!

#501 5 years ago

Hey, Chad. Your game looks great! I really like the T-Rex. Did you have any trouble installing the gate?

#531 5 years ago

Thanks for the post, Phil. Your game looks great!

#540 5 years ago

The gate shares a row in the lamp matrix with a few of the lights that are ghosting on your machine. Make sure that the black wire from the gate is attached to the banded side of the diode. Double check that the alligator clips aren't shorting across a connection.

#542 5 years ago

No problem at all. I'm happy to help you solve it.

3 weeks later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

Installed GoodToBeDad's gate mod. Craftmanship is flawless, handpainted and looks so good. Big up on getting one of these. Worth every penny. Thanks again mate.

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm happy that you're enjoying it.

1 year later
#3123 3 years ago

Any one with a 3d pronter interested in pumping out a few east dock signs?

I can do it. Do you have the file? Otherwise, send me some pictures and measurements and I'll build the model myself. I don't have a JP any more, but we can probably work together to get it right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodtobedad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside