IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frodak99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8877 2 years ago

New to the club and have done several fixes, but I have a couple of lighting questions that hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. The GI lights when the game is powered up, but then turns off for the opening sequence and stays off for the rest of the game. Also, the T-REX lights in the apron never light. The issues may be linked or separate, any help would be appreciated. I’m on page 35 of this thread, so if this was covered later my apologies for the repeat.

1 week later
#8886 2 years ago

Can anyone suggest some things to check when the trex stops chomping, it was working and then all of a sudden it isn’t. I’ve read a lot of threads, sounds like there could be a break in one of the wires under the sheath, anything else. As always, any help is appreciated.

4 weeks later
#8923 2 years ago

I’ve now had the game for a few months and have it close to dialed in, using the knowledge in the thread for many of the fixes. Big thanks to the community. I have two things left, my gi relay goes closed as soon as you turn on the game and never turns back on. I currently have it unplugged. I swapped boards and the problem persisted, but at this point I feel like I’ve checked everything that controls this relay. Also, I have a really slow left/right movement in the trex. I’ve seen two other posts with this exact issue in this thread, but no one mentioned the solution if they found it.

Finally, I’ve caught up and read every post in this thread, but while doing so missed the last couple FS posts with the moving Tim’s Gate Mod. If anyone else has one they’d be willing to part with, I’d be happy to buy.

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Help! Another T-Rex issue.
I have been reading up op T-Rex Left-Right issues and have yet to find an answer for my issues.
So I got this game the T-Rex was rigged up to stay in the middle. Wire and zip ties. Yeah I know sound crazy instead of just turning it off and unplugging the cables this is how someone decided to fix it.
After initial testing there was no power to the motor. I fixed this by replacing some bad components on the driver board, couple transistor and a chip where bad.
Now I have power to the motor and can make the head move in test mode just it moves very slow left and right.
Things I have done so far..
Tested motor as good with a 9-volt battery, it moves both ways no problem, will move the T-Rex head very good like this as well so gears and stuff should be ok.
I can ground the driving transistor at the power driver board and the head moves just fine both ways as well.
I have tested the relay board and the shaker motor board in another JP machine. Both work great.
I am kind of stuck at this point, not really sure what to check next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This is one of the examples of the slow left and right I’ve seen that went unanswered. It perfectly describes my issue, if anyone has any potential fixes.

#8929 2 years ago

After spending a lot of time repinning connectors and checking board components, I still couldn’t fix the GI relay. Despite not being listed on the website as a game it works on, i bout a GIzmo to try. It works great and my GI problem is solved. Wouldn’t be surprised if the LED OCD website just missed listing Jurassic Park, the other games manufactured around the same time were listed. I saw multiple posts in this thread asking if the GIzmo works in Jurassic Park, so thought I’d add a post confirming it does.

Added over 2 years ago:

I do love the GIzmo on this game it lowers the brightness of the LEDs and makes the game much more enjoyable. It should be mentioned that after a few games working correctly the relay got stuck off again. I left the relay unplugged for some time and then when troubleshooting a start button that wouldn't work and repinning a connector on the cpu board I noticed a 7408 chip that had battery acid leaked onto it. When that chip was replaced my relay worked as well as some other problems being solved. Thought this update might help someone in the future.

5 months later
#9133 2 years ago

Hoping all of you DE experts can point me in the right direction. I've had the machine since July, it took a bit to get it dialed in but it was playing really well. Recently it started having sporadic reset issues, which I thought might have been caused by having too many games on the same circuit, turning 2 of them off seemed to clear the issue. Then, the sound started going a little crazy and it would just play random noises at all points, it was not repeating the same effect just never playing the correct music/effect for what the game was doing. I've now also lost my display. Any ideas where to start looking. The game does seem to be playing correctly minus sound/display if that helps diagnose.

#9135 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Voltage on the power supply board is probably dropping. Somewhat notorious for this.
Can get a re-cap kit for around $35 if I remember correctly.
Measure your voltage at the 5v and 12v test points.

Thank you for the response. Fairly good at shopping/cleaning and mechanical problems. New to electrical, but you've given me somewhere to start.

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Voltage on the power supply board is probably dropping. Somewhat notorious for this.
Can get a re-cap kit for around $35 if I remember correctly.
Measure your voltage at the 5v and 12v test points.

I did test the power supply, 5V tested fine. 12V was just over 9. I think it’s a good assumption that is causing my problem, time for a recap or new power supply.

2 weeks later
#9143 2 years ago
Quoted from frodak99:

Hoping all of you DE experts can point me in the right direction. I've had the machine since July, it took a bit to get it dialed in but it was playing really well. Recently it started having sporadic reset issues, which I thought might have been caused by having too many games on the same circuit, turning 2 of them off seemed to clear the issue. Then, the sound started going a little crazy and it would just play random noises at all points, it was not repeating the same effect just never playing the correct music/effect for what the game was doing. I've now also lost my display. Any ideas where to start looking. The game does seem to be playing correctly minus sound/display if that helps diagnose.

I’ve had enough problems with the power supply that I replaced it. The sound is back and the game now correctly goes through the trex diagnostics on startup. My display seemed dead, couldn’t get anything from it. I replaced it and now it will light up with the rom version at power up and then go dark. I’ve reseated every connection, any ideas?

#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

What power supply board? Some have had problems with the Rottendog boards.

I did buy the rottendog board. It seems to have fixed all the issues I was having except for the display. Voltages test well. I had a spare CPU board that I tried swapping in. I'm a little worried I damage one or more of the legs on the rom chip swapping it around. I have a new one on the way, so we'll see if that helps at all. I did do some forum searching and saw that as a fix for the same issue in a DE Star Wars.

6 months later
#9499 1 year ago

I searched other threads, but they were kind of non specific and my efforts to troubleshoot so far have not fixed the issue. I can no longer enter initials for high scores, hitting the flipper buttons does not scroll letters. Has anyone else had this issue, any tips on how to fix?

#9501 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Have you done a switch test? Can you share the results of that?
In case you didn't find this thread, it references a DE Maverick and some possible causes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-switches-won%E2%80%99t-register-high-score-initials
...or this one from RGP about a DE Tommy
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/FoOe9SSF50A/m/flcej4k8RywJ
Seems like it could be an EOS issue, issue somewhere in that row/column on the matrix, or maybe a loose wire/connector.

I had read the first one but not the Tommy thread on rec.games.pin. I had done a switch test and while the flippers work they didn’t register in the switch test. I decided to check all of the connections and found the green wire with the grey strip was loose in the connector CN8. I fixed the connection and I’m back in business. This game gave me a bunch of problems, I went through a period where i was swapping in spare boards etc. before have Clive repair the original. I’m sure with all the plugging/unplugging the wire just got pulled loose. Alls well that ends well.

2 months later
#9657 1 year ago

Looking for a little help. I want to replace my left/right trex motor. I lowered the Rex and took off the collar. Immediately, I found two screws securing two of the corners. For the life of me, I can’t find the other two. Do you have to completely remove the Rex from the game?

#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

It's been a while since I re-did mine (I actually pulled the motor apart, clean and lubed it, and it works OK, a little grindy, but ok) buy I had to take out the whole trex. I believe you have to at minimum take off the collar and the back of the trex from the top. I think there's only one screw at the back of the head and one on each side of the collar. From the bottom you have to remove the subway and unseet the wires of course, but after that I don't remember it being that complicated.
Good luck. I remember being a bit worried about damaging something, but it was actually quite durable. The plastics on the top are the most fragile. And the unit is so heavy you definitely don't want to drop it from any distance. It took a bit, but I was surprised how serviceable it was.

Really appreciate the reply, thanks.

3 months later
#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2023.
Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-
Thanks.

I’m in for one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frodak99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=frodak99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.