IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dontfeed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#574 8 years ago

Just bought one on Saturday. Got a few questions to ask later.

#577 8 years ago

Like I said a couple posts up, just got this Saturday.I was wondering why my "A" light wasn't working for CHAOS and why I couldn't cycle through any of the missions (it stays on Stampede). I found this under the control room (I removed the switch):jpswitch1.jpgjpswitch1.jpg
jpswitch2.jpgjpswitch2.jpg

My question is, do I solder the two white/green wires to that first tab on my new switch? If so, will this solve my problem or is there something-else I should expect? If not, where do they go?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Now that I noticed, should those green/black wires be soldered to the first switch as well or is it supposed to have a spade terminal?

2 weeks later
#668 8 years ago

Going to rebuild my lower flippers this weekend. Got the parts from Pinball Life real quick (as usual). Might need some help since I've never had to rebuild any before, so this is just a heads up.

#676 8 years ago

Here's what I got so far on the left flipper.IMG_20150703_215949040.jpgIMG_20150703_215949040.jpgIMG_20150703_221715450.jpgIMG_20150703_221715450.jpg
As you can see, when I attach the spring it pulls the link assy into the switch and opens it. It shouldn't open it like that should it?

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I believe you have your switch on backwards. Turn it around so that it doesn't touch it when the spring pulls it back.

Hmm, I was afraid of that. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks.

Also, I have no idea if that post is supposed to be there. My plastic is broken and my light post is in a different spot.

#685 8 years ago

Success! I now have a working left flipper thanks to Russ and woody! Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

1 week later
#739 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I posted this in my tech thread but maybe someone here can help me too
So I got replacement switches and diodes for the bunker and control room.
This is how i wired them, according to the manual the band of the diode should be on the right, the switches I replaced were on the left... so not sure which is correct.
Now the control room switch registers points in game but doenst start game modes
The bunker switch seems to be activating the dino dna ramp stuff and going crazy when the game is on and auto firing
If the ball goes into the control room it doesnt fire out of the bunker until the ball search tries to find it.
Is this wired correctly?

bunker.control.switches.jpg

Check out this thread I started not too long ago. There's a few pics and diagrams that may help.

Also, do you have the remote diode board? If so, you don't need the diode on the Control Room switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-switch-issue

2 weeks later
#812 8 years ago
Quoted from hawk370:

20150801_194800.jpg
My machine is missing a bumper post above the lane divider(can be seen in the picture) i need to know what it looks like and where to get one. hopefully it is one that is easily obtainable. also what type screw holds down the post?
Thanks in advance for any help, Mike

Should just be a mini post and 3/8" rubber just like on the right side. At least that's what I have.

2 months later
#946 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Got to my first System Failure last night and had my second best score so far. Kinda hard to beat my accidental 1.2 billion.
But this game started off as a terrible game. I was going to to just play a single game before bed. First two balls almost instantly drained. I did get Stampede during one of those though, but quickly lost the ball. On the third ball though, I lit the Extra Ball, and then Started System boot. But again, was doing terribly. The ball quickly shot to an outlane, and I somehow was able to press the Smart Missile button before it got disabled. So with one button press I got an extra ball, completed system boot, and started tri-ball.
And at that point I was unstoppable. Couldn't get CHAOS since I had already used my Smart Missile button. But kept lighting all the modes and hitting them. I did get a second extra ball after I hit the Feed T-Rex shot. It put me over the 195 Million I have set to get another extra ball.
So here it was supposed to be a quick game. A game I thought was going to end after only flipping just a couple times before the final drain of the third ball. I think the game was going to end with only a score of about 30 million if it wasn't for the Smart Missile. The System Failure mode is fun. If I didn't know what to expect, I probably would have thought my DMD was going bad.
But this score I feel more proud of. I finally knew what I was supposed to do. My 1.2 billion score was a total fluke. I had no idea what the rules were, I just knew tri-ball was good, and to spell CHAOS, after that, I tried to keep the balls in play, wasn't looking for shots.
12076415_10156057412205654_251526399_o.jpg

This is similar to my first System Failure experience as well as the final score. Nice.

5 months later
#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from phollibone:

Hi everyone. I have a small issue with my machine which I'm hoping you guys can help track down the issue.
The switch on the back side of the ramp (behind rexy) doesn't appear to be functioning anymore. I've put the machine into switch test mode and it's not registering. I've also looked at the switch and I can't see any bad soldering. I've attached a pic, what is the next step from here? Switch replacement?

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like that tab on the right is bent and broken.

#1932 8 years ago

^^^^^^^^

What they said! Nice!

#1945 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Question: On the left inlane/outlane there is a small hole that looks like a metal post belongs there (like the right side). Pictures on IPDB don't have that post too but my new pinball protector seems to have hole to put something there. Just optional?

That's for a mini post. Some people have them (like me), and some don't. It's up to you want you'd like to do. If you don't have one, I'd just leave it alone.

1 month later
#2087 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the J9 fuse on the ppb board protects? Can't find anything about it. Thanks.

Also, what is its amperage supposed to be?

1 month later
#2235 7 years ago

Having sounds issues with my JP. Keeps playing the wrong sounds, dino roars repeatedly, etc. No crackling or static. I do believe it's the ribbon cable going from the sound board to cn21 on the cpu board. I've reseated it, which fixes the issue, but the problem does return.

Does anyone know what type of connectors and ribbon cable I need to replace the current one with? P/N's and vendors would be a big help.

Thanks!

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Push in and make sure all connectors on the CPU board and all other boards for that matter are as secure as can be. I just had this problem, and after months of troubleshooting, it was one connector that I was able to push in by like 1mm. It happened to be the power connector to the speakers from the CPU board. And don't just blow it off like I did just assuming that all connectors were properly secure. Could have solved my issue months ago.
To test to see if it's a power issue, lower the volume down, and slowly bring it up until its too loud. If it cuts out at the higher volumes, you know it's a similar power issue like I had. And either narrows it down, or at least eliminates it.

Thanks Woody. I've done that and I'll probably do it again next time I open up the head, but everything keeps pointing to that damn ribbon cable.
If I replace that cable at least I know that I eliminated that as the problem. I just ordered the new roms and I'd like to get this fixed.

#2239 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Don't forget to try the volume thing too. See it if fixes itself at a much lower volume. You issue sounds VERY similar to mine. I replaced the ribbon cable on mine too. Here's a video of what mine was doing when I played with the volume.
» YouTube video

OK, so you know what parts I need and where to get them. The suspense is killing me!!!

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

No parts were needed for mine. Just a gentle push.

So you didn't replace the ribbon cable even though you said you did? Or did you mean you removed and then replaced the same cable...am I missing some context? I'm confused...

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dontfeed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=dontfeed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.