65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#294 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've asked so I'm checking in once again to see if anyone has either a stripped JP playfield for sale (any condition) or the ability to provide high resolution scans of theirs. I would consider paying for the scan.

I am looking to completely rework the entire JP art package from top to bottom. Although I love the pin, I can't stand the pf line art, plastics etc... With Jim's new T-Rex, Chad's code update and adding a DMD Extender with large colour LCD/LED display to the backbox, it's time for the rest of the pin to match.

I have tried using the artwork from the visual pinball table. Angle is off and the quality is poor.

Having the scan would allow me to work on creating the new pf artwork but Ideally I would like to find a second pf so that I can sand one down (it or mine) to create a new bare wood scan to recreate the pf in CAD and complete the artwork in illustrator.

It is an ambitious project but I would like to proceed. If anyone is interested in assisting we could discuss the project.

Have a look at the LAH pf ticket that I've completed to get an idea of quality and commitment.

Thanks.

#296 9 years ago

Thanks for providing his name Jim, I've just found the thread and sent an email. Yes the pf is almost stripped from the top but currently almost completely stock on the bottom. I'm not crazy about pulling everything off just yet to get the scan. A second pf would be ideal so that I could take care of everything first and then transfer everything over when it's time. This just might be the opportunity if it is still available, the prices continue to drop on unsold items so that would be even better!

4 years later
#4829 5 years ago

Hey All,

Has anyone else ever dreamt of a new playfield for JP?

I have for years and have even purchased a used playfield in hopes of having it scanned (for reference), then sanded down (scanned again for reference) and then reworking the full art package. Thought of using photoshop with 4K images pulled from the DVD and mixing these with some effects etc... The thought of approaching someone to rework the art digitally is even more appealing. Having this type of talent on it would be awesome!!

http://www.kylelambert.com/gallery/jurassic-park/

If anyone is interested and wants to discuss a way forward that would be great.

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Now THAT would be epic. Never gonna happen though. Mirco playfields right now are about $1000 with the original art. I would expect that to increase by $500 each if an artist needs to be paid for his work. Unless you find some one to do this cheap, a $1500 playfield is crazy.

Hardtop?

CPR is repro of the original. I wonder if they'd sell a PF without art.

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I've contacted him without success. My idea was to create a new translite based on that movie poster.

He looks to be in demand and is the 'official' artist for Stranger Things and the like. I wonder if it is a license IP type of thing.
It would have been nice to at least respond to your inquiry.

If not him, someone else. This world is full of amazing talent

@winteriscoming, maybe I'll reach out to Kevin at CPR to see what his thoughts are. Thanks!

#4838 5 years ago

Someone has completely redrawn the art on this JP virtual table.

https://vpinball.com/bb_project/jurassic-park-t-rex-update-wip/

It would be awesome to get a hires copy of this art, would save me from trying to bastardize a 20+ section scan of my used playfield. No matter how many times I have tried to stitch it, everything is off or slightly off on one or more sides of a section

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Dang! I need to figure out how to get VPinball to work. Last time I tried, I couldn't figure out. Was over my head.

That table that I linked to is killer. Amazing talent!

I think that there are a few 'package installers' available that should help automate much of the config.You might have to create an account at one or more of the VP related sites to gain access however.

I love the JP theme and think that with all of the other mods, (Chris' new code, Jim's T-Rex, the colour display and pinsound and the cool add-ons), this can really use a complete art forklift. The original will always be the original but I've never liked the 'sharpie' like artwork. As a one off in a collection it's OK but I had LW3, SW, JP, LAH (might be missing another), all in my collection at one point. With all due respect to Markus Rothkranz, the styling is 'blah' for me.

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I like cartoon/sharpie style, and don't like Photoshop overdosed designs based on photos.

Yes, that can be over done but have a look at the artist's link. Anything even remotely close to that would be incredible!

#4846 5 years ago

It could be just 'pie in the sky', nice to dream and I've had it in mind for years now. Just after I started tearing down the playfield.

1 week later
#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What is the experience with EnerGI Maestro in Jurassic Park? Go or no-go?

I've installed one in my Batman Forever. If you simply want to get rid of the noisy relay clicking with the lighting, this is worth getting.

The elimination of the flickering with LEDs and ability to control the lighting is of course it's main purpose, which is also very cool.

#4918 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Shoot. I just signed up for the waitlist. I could do without the clicking while in attract mode.

This completely gets rid of that!

1 week later
#4964 5 years ago

Doesn't it just pain you to see pins which are left for dead? I don't get it myself, when there are no end to the loving homes that they can go to.

#4973 5 years ago

@Daditude, looks like you're doing it up right! I need to get my a$s in gear and bring mine back to life. Does anyone know if the gate mod will be offered for a long while yet? I realize that some mods are limited runs but the were a ton of JP produced.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Last I heardd tim was focusing on his career and less on pinball. I see his store is still functioning though, so hes not completely out.

Maybe I should snap a few mods up then. I just seem to be years away from putting mine back together

#4978 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

dnaman
I have started a JP mod thread with my machine (for anyone interested).
Here is the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-tojurassic-park-a-dinomite-mod

Thanks for sharing! I will be watching your progress as well

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I am currently working on 1 last batch of 10 functioning gate mods.

A sad day to hear this but understand the need to focus on other things.

I have just secured a moving gate, this morning. Thank you for all that you have done for the JP community.

#4994 5 years ago

are the small PCBs in the scoop lite mod custom or off the shelf?

4 weeks later
#5266 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Price is $70 plus shipping. I have 4 slots left from batch 2 (most probably the last batch).

Just confirming that we are still in for 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.