65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#684 8 years ago

So my T-Rex has decided to periodically stop moving left and right. I have it set to just go up and down (you know, to eat the ball, which is the coolest feature in any pinball machine IMO).

I feel like the game just isn't 100%, though. The T-Rex is the first thing people see and talk about when they see my machine. I want him (her?) working like he (she?) should.

Any advice on where I should look first? Do you think I need a new left/right motor? Loose wiring?

Thanks for any/all info!

#711 8 years ago

I bought mine in November for $2500. Beautiful playfield, Cliffy protectors, full LEDs, working T-Rex, cabinet a solid "A" (one small scratch on the side that kept it from getting an "A+") and topper. I rebuilt the flippers, but that's only because I feel like the flippers should be the strongest part of the machine as they are your only real link to the ball (yeah, I know you can nudge, but weak flippers can completely ruin a game IMO).

I felt like I got a heck of a deal.

3 months later
#1091 8 years ago

Dumb question, so please be gentle:

I'm receiving my two new ROMs today, but I have no idea where they go!

Can anyone post a picture of which ROMs they replace? Pretty sure I know where the CPU one goes, but am having a hard time predicting where the display ROM will go.

Any/all help will be appreciated!

#1093 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

CPU ROM goes in position 4C on driver board.
cpucloseup.jpg
Display ROM goes in position 0 on display driver board.
drvb-0011.jpg
Orient the ROM with the notch in the same position as the old one, very important!

Thanks!!

#1095 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Orient the ROM with the notch in the same position as the old one, very important!

Just read this. What exactly do you mean? I remember replacing a ROM on my parent's TZ years ago. Do you just mean to line it up correctly with all the pins?

#1101 8 years ago

Just installed mine. Love it so far! Really digging the advertisement for Last Action Hero.

#1126 8 years ago

I took the metal wire out of the signs and ran it up the back with glue. More surface area for the glue to hold on to. Haven't had an issue yet, and they still look amazing!

#1128 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I will see if I can find something similar to use, or glue the wireup the back as also suggested

You'll have to use your own wire, the one that was originally supplied won't be long enough. I just went to Menard's and found some near the towing wires/cables.

#1147 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's one I need to play. Curious to see how the moon shot works. And would love to see the 13 ball multiball.

Not to get too far off topic, but the 13 ball multiball is definitely chaotic....but pretty pointless. They literally dump all 13 balls on you at once, and seven or eight of them will drain before you even touch them with your flippers. And it takes FOREVER to obtain the 13 ball multiball. If I remember correctly, it would accumulate from game to game. So you could actually pop a few quarters in, hit the shot once and boom, 13 ball multiball all because of someone else's work!

3 months later
#1701 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Crickets....
Im working like mad for the next few weeks, I may have a moment to mess with machines in the future, but nothing planned.
Any one want to throw around the idea that i blew something when i put the cpu rom in the wrong spot? I cant think of any other reason why it would just stop working at that moment.

Did you get this figured out yet? I had a guy come out to look at my raptor pit and it turned out the wire to the coil had come off. Why did I not see this (the most OBVIOUS solution known to man)? Because there was a clear plastic sleeve holding the wire right at the point of connection to the coil, making it look as if the wire was still connected! I pulled the sleeve off and boom, there is the disconnected wire. So frustrating, but glad I got my raptor pit firing again!

Hope this helps.

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No, not yet. Im on the road for work until the 21st. I pulled the plastic over the pit and the wires looked fine to me too. Just odd it was working fine up until I messed with the ROMS. I plan to reseat the connector associated with the coil and see where that gets me. If not, Ill pull that plastic again and check the wires. Such a PITA though with my palm trees, lol.
Got a few things wrong with my JP, kind of down on it right now. Raptor pit, my A hole isnt working again to start modes,probably just a switch adjustment again, the ramp switch always seems to come loose so you cant score jackpots, AND I have some kind of power issue that I need to replace the bridge rectifiers. I havent had a good weekend where I could get all this done.

That's a bummer. My RoboCop has had weak flippers ever since I had the CPU board serviced (battery acid, yuck). Had a guy out to look at it (and fix some other issues that I'm not knowledgeable enough with) and after 3.25 hours, he threw his hands up and said, "your guess is as good as mine!"

Frustrating when our toys don't work the way we want them to!

1 week later
#1765 8 years ago

Isn't that the logo from JP III? Totally different movie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=dirtbag66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.