IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crafty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is my caution tape version.[quoted image]

Mr_Tantrum PM sent

1 year later
#7895 3 years ago

Ok, I have a weird issue. Well weird to me......
During gameplay and immediately after the ball has drained, all the relays in the machine start firing off not rapidly but certainly often enough to be annoying.
Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?
Thanks in advance

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Like it's searching for a ball? If so, might be the leftmost switch in the ball trough acting up or loose wire.

Thx for the speedy reply, unfortunately it can't be looking for a ball as they fire off even during gameplay. Having said that I will check this regardless.
Triball works as does Chaos (3 and 6 balls) it's just continually firing all the relays.....

#7901 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

OK, you have relays firing, not coils. Relays are typically controlled by data from the CPU. Which relays are clicking?

Sorry my bad.. Relay's firing off.

They all seem to be, it's like they are all going off one after the other yet the machine still plays just fine ???
I will be playing and they are just firing off every few seconds one at a time?

#7902 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Check in the switch matrix what coils are fireing.
Sometimes it can be as simple as touching wires or a broken or shorting switch so it causes erratic behaviour.

All of them individually but constantly one after the other?

#7904 3 years ago

Ok I'm getting lost.... It is definitely the coils then and I would suggest it's all of them in no particular order that I can ascertain.....
It's definitely the thunking sounds as they fire off during Gameplay and immediately after the last ball then silence...

#7907 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I agree with the above That is the ball search. You should remove the balls out of the trough, go into the switch test, and then drop.the balls in.the trough to be sure all 6 balls register.

Ok I will do this.

? So even though it's in the middle of a game it will still go off on a ball search?

I have already ordered the replacement opto board for the ball trough. Mail to Aust is the issues at the moment. So in the mean time I have just received 6 new switches and will change them all out...

#7908 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Simple Test - Does the bonus add up when the ball drains?? If not, the issue is the first switch in the drain.

Yes it registers that the ball has drained and bonus ,but will look at all this again. Thank you for the info and ideas fellas

#7910 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It can happen anytime during the game. So many seconds pass before it will try a ball search as the game is expecting a switch hit within a certain time after the last switch hit.

This is what the switch test is for, to narrow down where the issue is. Why would you want to change them all out if only one is acting up? Good chance that only one needs to be adjusted.

I'm Irish? To Be sure, To Be sure

Actually In my limited experience, once I have the ball trough out it will be easier to replace them all and know that I have goo switches...
But will certainly look for the dodgy one first. Thx

#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

A video of this happening would help a lot with us being able to diagnose.

Will do, Thx

1 month later
#7996 3 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Has anybody ever has an issue with the ball not registering(intermittently)when it drains? I’ve read all the posts regarding the fixes for the trough switch issues, I tried all of them and nothing. I’ve checked and adjusted the switches, did a switch test(all good), tried rolling the balls down the trough every way possible to see if that was an issue, etc. When not registering, I’ve also opened the coin door and manually triggered all the trough switches and that doesn’t fix the issue either. Sometimes after not registering, it performs the ball locate process(triggering coils)and it will then register, but most of the time it doesn’t. Can a switch be bad even if it is registering? I’m at a loss here, not sure what could be the issue. Any help/advice is appreciated.

I had a very similar issue with my JP for some time and only recently fixed by a tech.
It was a compilation of issues and finally after a while it was all fixed and now currently playing flawlessly.

So firstly 3 switches in the ball trough ended up being replaced (One was dodgy, two were just worn) Yet in switch check they all went fine. So 3 switches changed, all wiring resoldered as some connections were questionable and one resister was backward.

This only partially sorted the problem as then subsequently the ball search still seemed to be going in conjunction with some GI Flashers. Cracked solder joints on a board (bottom left board) and boom all sorted. We had to take the board out twice to even flow some of the component legs. Probably a result of years in cold environments and my shed.

Anyway this is what worked for my machine..

1 month later
#8110 3 years ago

I have another weird issue. Once I start a game it won't change mode's (Stampede, Mosquito etc etc) What switch does this? So I can start trouble shooting this problem.

Thx in advance.

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

IIRC, the pop bumpers cause it to advance on the 6.0 code (or if you enter a mode, obviously)

This is my problem, the same mode is on for the whole game (all 3 balls), what makes the game switch between codes as your playing? Or is it just me? It's one of these funny things that once it happens you can't work it out LOL

#8118 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its this.
You aren't in a mode when you start, you have to activate a mode by hitting the "control room" scoop.
If the switch doesn't register it won't start a mode, super common on this game.
May be as "easy" as bending the arm so the ball makes better contact with it.
The 6.0 code is a new chip on the MPU board in the backbox, I recommend it, makes the gameplay better.
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/jurassic-park-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade/

I'm running Chad's 6.0 code.
Thank you for all the replies. I'm leaning towards a non-working switch in the control room scoop. Will update soon.

4 weeks later
#8230 3 years ago

Ok, I'm having trouble with T-rex eating the ball and cannot for the life of me now get him to work at all.
I changed the up/down motor woth a known working one and id definitely works but like an idiot I did not take a photo of where the rotating cam sits in relation to the switches so now cannot get it to work at all. Can someone please provide a photo or advice

thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crafty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=crafty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.