IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider comment23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2140 7 years ago

Hello everyone as I have just joined your beautiful club:
20160501_162546_(resized).jpg20160501_162546_(resized).jpg

I found a really clean and original machine that a family bought and put in the basement for their kids.

I did however see one problem right at the start (haha):
20160501_205106_(resized).jpg20160501_205106_(resized).jpg

Question, where can I find these lovely Chad 6.0 ROMs? I don't have a EPROM burner but I am hoping that a small PayPal donation can fix that lack of ROMs.

And don't worry! Those batteries are coming off as soon as I get my nvRAM in!

2 weeks later
#2197 7 years ago

Question for the masses...

I'm looking to do some LEDs in my JP that I recently purchased. I've seen a lot of talk in this thread about LEDs, but I was wondering about complete LED kits from places like Marco or Cointaker. Has anyone done a complete kit? Is it better to just buy a set order and replaces specific ones? Are people doing any color LEDs instead of condoms?

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Also, are non-ghosting LEDs worth it for JP?

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Had to fix those.

What was your fix? Did you attempt to position the lamps up into the inserts more?

#2205 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Do the pop bumper rings. They are great. Got all mine from Comet.

How do you like the color LEDs? It seems that some like it, and some hate it. Thoughts? Do you have a bill of materials from the picture? Thanks!

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Just joined the club yesterday. a couple rubbers need to be replaced and the T-Rex has a hard time moving about, really need to fully take him apart and clean it all up (any guides on how to clean and do preventative maintenance on this guy)? the back area has several lights out so needing to replace several lights back there.

How's the hum? Got mine a month or so ago. I've got the good ol' Data East hum in mine.

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I was looking around online and for funsies I replaced all the caps on the sound board to no avail. I noticed the hum "rolls" with the controlled lamps too. I remember my Time Warp did the same thing and I found a youtube video where a guy instructed on removing a specific ground wire on the sound board and the hum was cut by what I'd say 90%. I'm wondering if it's a ground loop issue. The good news is that even when I'm alone playing the action and sounds of the game quickly drown out the hum.

The thing that I have researched is that it's a broad issue. Some people have replaced caps and it's made the hum better, but there's two things you can do IMO:

1. "Float" your sound board. Head out to Lowes/Home Depot and buy some vinyl 8-32 screws + washers. Use the washers between the sound board and the backbox bracket. In this scenario, you are basically removing ground from your board. When I did this, my hum dropped by at least 50%.

2. Use a switch power supply to power your sound board. This is the one option that seems to work 100% of the time. For $20-$30 you can use a PC power supply. Use the +12 / -12 / GND / +5 and power the sound board.

There's a thread here to more information: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

3 weeks later
#2313 7 years ago

Any using an LED OCD board in their JP? I saw that they make a DE version.

#2344 7 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Can anyone help me out with an insert decal? i would like to replace the "S" decal under the power shed. Can print myself if anyone has a scan or would be willing to purchase. Thanks!
FOUND thanks

Mind sharing where you got them?

Quoted from outcida:

These are the ones I use. I've tried others without much success.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm
» YouTube video

Ohhhhhh! Interesting!

3 months later
#2637 7 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Got one last week for 2k. Mine needs a flipper rebuild, full cleaning, some bulbs, one coin mech, and the "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" banner is a little melted and bent. Cabinet and play-field were acceptable 7/10. You see a lot of ebay for around 5K. I sort of wonder who's buying those.

That's a pretty good deal. I've seen a couple go for around $2300 - $2500. That's seems to be (IMO) where a really nice stock JP's ceiling is right now.

Also, eBay is the worst for price comparisons. It's amazing how many times I'll look to buy a machine off of Craigslist and people are like, "Well this machine is $5k on eBay, why are you trying to rip me off?!?"

3 weeks later
#2733 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Did you do the lcd? Do they not make the led version for JP yet? I dont really like how big that lcd is inside the backbox and such.

Take a look at the ColorDMD LED version. Today, you can put one of these in your JP and run the default ROM package (just like the post above). From a coloring perspective, you would need to wait until the folks at ColorDMD create a JP specific ROM file.

The good news is that they just created a SW ROM (Game 47) which was their first DE title. This means we should expect more DE titles in the future.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#2932 7 years ago

Just wanted to show off my new improved T-Rex installed on the holiday today!

20170116_111748 (resized).jpg20170116_111748 (resized).jpg

#2946 7 years ago

Some of those 44s have wedge style bases...be careful on your order...

#2950 7 years ago

Bugsy actually sent me his order a while back, which was a ton helpful. One thing that I did change is going from the 1 LED bulbs to the 2SMD 2835 Comet bulbs. Those are basically the same bulbs that Stern use in their new games. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

One piece of advice is always buy more bulbs than you need. Multiple shipping costs are not any fun because you're 3 bulbs short.

#2955 7 years ago

Check the molex connectors to/from the backbox and look for burned connectors/pins. Those backbox connectors get hot and burn up after all of these years.

#2966 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I traced the lines for the back box bulbs to the power board. Where do I buy a new connector and the new pins for the board itself?

Yep, that's your problem alright! You can buy all the parts from www.greatplainselectronics.com

Specifically, https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=37

Many people move to the Molex KK style (where you use terminal pins into a connector socket). Here's a good article if this is something new to you: http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

1 week later
1 week later
#3027 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

does it need any special programming or can I just buy a new one and install it straight out of the box?

Buy and install out of box.

3 weeks later
#3101 7 years ago

I bought a set this morning. I'm sure we'll see lots more original plastics on PinSide, so good news all around!

#3122 7 years ago

Any one with a 3d pronter interested in pumping out a few east dock signs? I COULD make a crappy one from sticks and paper, but it would be nice to have a 3d printed one that I could apply stickers to. Just a thought. Any one?

There were some a while ago, but I would be fully in support if someone made some new ones!

#3137 7 years ago

I also got mine today and I agree with winteriscoming and @meloyelo51.

Two points to note:

1. CPR plastics are MUCH thicker than the originals, which is great.
2. Although the blue is darker (more of a royal blue than original), I think it has the possibility to look better than stock.

I'll be installing some plastics for a direct comparison tomorrow night.

Here's some quick photos I took:

20170322_222705 (resized).jpg20170322_222705 (resized).jpg

20170322_222923 (resized).jpg20170322_222923 (resized).jpg

***Note, I haven't peeled the frond and back protective layers, so these pieces look a bit duller on the floor.

20170322_223019 (resized).jpg20170322_223019 (resized).jpg
20170322_223121 (resized).jpg20170322_223121 (resized).jpg
20170322_223136 (resized).jpg20170322_223136 (resized).jpg

Terrible light job, but that's all I have at this time of night.

#3147 7 years ago

Here are some more comparison shots that I was able to get tonight:

Side by side, power off:
20170324_201848 (resized).jpg20170324_201848 (resized).jpg

20170324_202153 (resized).jpg20170324_202153 (resized).jpg

Power On:

For power on, I put in two brand new Comet Pinball SMD 2835 bulbs.

20170324_202446 (resized).jpg20170324_202446 (resized).jpg

New CPR, Power on:
20170324_202451 (resized).jpg20170324_202451 (resized).jpg

Original Power on:
20170324_202455 (resized).jpg20170324_202455 (resized).jpg

My earlier post was pretty optimistic that perhaps the darker blue may be "more dynamic", but honestly I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed by these. In my opinion, you would not be able to mix together the two sets of plastics (much like I have done with other CPR sets Like DESW).

#3163 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Welcome. Still a firm believer that if this machine says B/W on it it's easily within the top 25. Even at its current slot it's truly underrated.

People crap on DE games. Sure, there are some clunkers but they will give you the best bang for your buck.

1 week later
#3197 7 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I may hold onto my set, but I'm still curious to see pics and reviews of a full install. I won't be able to work on mine for a long time.

I'm holding onto my set. I'll probably replace all when I do a full topside teardown in June. I may bump up the GI bulbs to try to push through the darker blue.

4 weeks later
#3225 6 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Hey guys, new issue with my JP. Last night I turned the game on and GI lights came on but that's it. No roar, no sound, no DMD, no attract mode. Tried reseating connectors and cables...same issue. None of the 3 LEDs on the board light, flash or anything either (PIA, 5V, etc). Where should I try next?

Sounds like the MPU board isn't getting +5v. I would check the power connector to the MPU and start with some multimeter testing there.

1 month later
#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Jurassic World is rumoured for a future stern release...

Everything is rumored as a future release.

4 weeks later
#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Also grabbed a NOS dino front and back, along with a subway. I'll reach out to freeplay and see if he wants to use the subway for his molds.

HOLY CRAP. Now, that's a find!

3 weeks later
#3429 6 years ago

Mine is on order! I'll take a video for those who haven't installed a ColorDMD yet (although it's pretty damn simple).

#3434 6 years ago

I think all DE games are only coded for the LED version.

EDIT: This is incorrect, ColorDMD responded below this post.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I do not think this is true, I would have Randy confirm.

I'm not 100%, but there is this:

install (resized).jpginstall (resized).jpg

#3438 6 years ago

Paging danczaz or Dmod , do you know our question above?

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I had doubt. I didn't know how ColorDMD worked, and if they stuck strictly to official code or not.
No video's been posted yet I assume?

Nope, I don't think the code has been released yet on the site.

http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

#3472 6 years ago

Here's a video of my ColorDMD installation. Sorry for the crappy watermark:

5 months later
#4038 6 years ago

Although one of the cleaner pins I've owned, it's never been torn down / shopped by me. First project of 2018!

20171231_224344 (resized).jpg20171231_224344 (resized).jpg

#4040 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Good start. I like shopping a pin especially when it is in a none working state. Bringing it back to life is very satisfactory. I see it as saving one for the hobby.

Me too! I'm out of project pins right now so I'm finding something to keep me busy.

#4044 6 years ago

Would anyone be interested if I made a video on how to flame polish the plastic ramp on a JP?

#4048 6 years ago

Here's my video on flame polishing (using the Jurassic Park ramp):

#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Thank you have you ever tried it with coloured ramps like G&R etc?

I have not. However, I feel that as long as the plastic is thick, I don't see an issue. Just take your time, and only apply a light heat. All you are trying to do is soften the top 1mm of the ramp, not get the whole thing piping hot.

#4107 6 years ago

For those interested (and not in the JP FB Owners group), I started a Pinball Workshop channel on YouTube. One of my first projects is shopping out my JP:

There's quite a shock to what happens in this video.

I'll be covering other pinball machines as well as general repair and maintenance. If you like it, feel free to give it a like and/or subscribe!

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I shouldn't laugh because I could totally see myself doing that. Oops

Haha, I went through a lot of emotional stages on this video.

#4111 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think I have that piece you broke. I replaced mine when I modded the back board with LEDs. I think I still that the original wood somewhere and I'm not using it. You a long way for a piece of wood but I'll take a look if you want it.

I appreciate that, however I found a piece of poplar and cut it down to size from my scraps. I would be interested hearing about your mod. I think I remember reading about it!

#4127 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Okay. I thought we were talking about the one who created the teardown video, comment23. And BallyWilliams was just using Winteriscoming's video as reference to what he was talking about, asking if Comment23 was going to do the Trex Mod. I'm was half-following along with this tread.

Yeah, I already have the T-Rex mod installed on my JP. I'll walkthrough most of the install in my series.

1 week later
#4214 6 years ago

Woah! Who makes those??

Seconded. Some of the nice ones I've seen.

4 weeks later
#4287 6 years ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

This is my first Data East game. Just wondering was my game purchased for use in Taiwan or were they building the cabinet and some of the components over there and sending it to the usa?

Game was built for Taiwan. It's a re-import. Very common to see in all pins and definitely in DE pins. They made so many....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider comment23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=comment23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.