IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfc0d3r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

A much needed "mod" , well at least for me!

transprtr4u, can you share details on where you got the rails for your JP? Servicing it is always frustrating, and if I don't keep lifting weights, this will be me:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Got my dinos in!! Toys R Us had a 2 pack with a raptor and t-rex on sale. As a childless man, I was taken by how expensive these German toys(Schliech) can be. All in all cost about $15 for the toys and steel wire. Now to find a ceramic white ball for the egg!

For the ceramic ball for the egg, I picked one up from Marco a few years ago. Looks like they are out now, but I'd be surprised if someone else isn't selling them. Here's the link at Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

#2186 7 years ago

PiperPinball, those green powder coated habitrails look great! Any recommendations on someone who does those, or did you do them yourself? Thanks!

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That would be them ! Also worked in my TFTC and nightmare on elm street!
When done you will love lifting the playfield!
Regards

Just ordered a set of these! Thanks!

5 months later
#2668 7 years ago

Could use some help if anyone in the group has gone through this. Several months ago, I updated the code on my JP to Chad's code. It's obviously pretty incredible. Then my sound board started having some issues, and even after reseating the connectors multiple times, it was still not resolved, so I opted to go all-in, and bought a Pinsound board, as well as Flipper Fidelity speakers, to do a serious sound upgrade. Endprodukt had posted that they were working on some great new sound programs via Pinsound, for JP. Thought like it made a lot of sense, until I installed the Pinsound board last night, and went to try and find Endprodukt's audio file on the Pinsound Community Forum. Nothing there, and only the original JP audio files. Needless to say, these don't work with Chad's code, so unless I revert to the original ROMs, I have no audio. My JP is essentially a giant paperweight. Has anyone gotten the configuration with Chad's code, and Endprodukt's audio file, to work? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yeah, i heard that there were copyright issues with a lot of machines is that true? Anyway there is a guy around here creating a file for jp. Maybe check the jp mods thread?

Thanks Rondogg. I've heard the same thing, hence no major supported release. I was able to get a copy of the files from Endprodukt. My JP is back in business!

#2688 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just curious how the endprodukt sound came out...

It's game changing! Absolutely amazing to play now. I'm addicted to it once again! I highly recommend the upgrade!

#2695 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone install a pinsound board on their JP? Any video?

I just installed one over the weekend. I reached out to Endprodukt. I recommend you do the same if interested in getting his files. He finished 95%, which is outstanding, and works great on my pin. It works with Chad's code upgrade, which is the key. The original sound files through Pinsound didn't work for me, with Chad's code, so you need Endprodukt's sound files to truly take advantage of a Chad's code with your pnsound board. With these upgrades, it's like a whole new machine! For video, Endprodukt posted one on YouTube. Look for Jurassic Park Pinball PinSound. Should come right up.

2 weeks later
#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Moving Raptor Crate mod in action.
» YouTube video
Static Raptor Crate mod in action.
» YouTube video
Both available for sale on http://www.timspinballmods.com

Just placed an order for your moving gate mod. Great work! Contemplating the raptor crate one, but will need to see if I can make some room for it (currently I have trees and toy dinosaurs where this would go).

6 years later
#9896 6 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I was mistaken about the pot being newer: it's original. After repeated turns and power up, there's no sound at all now. Had to disassemble the whole power switch/fuse case to access the pot. Tested 5.5K high side, 3.4 K low side, but after 30 years of duty... ordered a new 10K ohm pot. Meanwhile, wondering what else I should be considering. U7, U17, U21?

I’ve been encountering this same issue. Haven’t had a ton of time to troubleshoot, but as strange as it sounds, when the under playfield switch between the Control Room and Bunker holes is not working (usually a loose wire I have to resolder), the sound works very well. If that is fixed, the sound does not work at all. I even installed the pin sound board and updated the rom to include all the new sounds and music that did not come with the game originally, so it would be amazing to fix it for good to enjoy it! Thanks everyone for any recommendations on how to fix this!

2 months later
#9939 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I don't know if this will be helpful with your issue, but I'm throwing it out there just in case. I traced my strange sound problems to bad IDC connection(s.) These connectors are crap. I focused on CN2, CN3, CN4 on the sound board, and CN7 and CN8 on the power board. I replaced two of them and reseated the rest of the wires in their cavities using an IDC insertion tool. These are all .156" center connectors. Can't say which one(s) was the culprit, but I would start with CN2 and CN3. Everything works now.

THANK YOU!! I was troubleshooting other connections and because I installed a new Pinsound board didn’t think to double check those. I literally unplugged the Volume connector (CN3 I think) and that worked. Sound came back - didn’t even need it plugged in!

#9942 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

That's interesting. So how well does the new Pinsound board work this pin compared to the OEM sound board? Is it a significant improvement? And if so, in what ways?

I spoke too soon - sound out again today. I think it’s the wires from the volume connector to the potentiometer. Will be testing that this week. As for the pin sound board, I upgrade the ROM and that came with new amazing callouts and music. Better speakers helped too - got the whole set. And had a spare subwoofer laying around I repurposed so now it sounds really amazing! Rocking dual subs and new speakers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfc0d3r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=cfc0d3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.