IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bossk4hire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7653 3 years ago

Howdy! About to pick one up next weekend. Does Anyone have measurements of it with the top folded down? Trying to make sure it will fit in my suv. Thanks!

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

27 3/4” wide
59” long (with the gun)
With the head folded, I believe it’s 30” tall. The absolute max it could be with the head folded is 31”. But I’m 99% sure it’s 30” based on where I think the head lays and the dimensions of the cab+head.
Welcome to the club!

Awesome thank you so much!

#7674 3 years ago

Just picked up a JP and love it.

Question... t rex, how much does it move side to side? It eats the ball fine but thought he turned his head. Mine does not.

Thanks!

#7705 3 years ago

Anyone know of a good place to get some or all of the plastic playfield parts? My "new" game has quite a few that are broken due to the screws being cranked down too tight. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#7768 3 years ago

20200531_084518 (resized).jpg20200531_084518 (resized).jpgCan't afford a fancy topper yet so came up with a fun cheap one hahahha.

20200531_084518 (resized).jpg20200531_084518 (resized).jpg

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Part of this club now!
[quoted image]

Welcome! Just snagged mine about 3 weeks ago and love it. Was lucky enough to have it and a borrowed stern pro and I have to say I love the data east a good bit more.

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks woody24. That's what I figured.
Could someone else try and confirm? Just want to rule out any odd behavior. Thanks.

I'll give it a shot when I get home today and let you know.

#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

It sure does fire with the left flipper, so thats normal
But i believe its only after 10 or 15 secs if you hit the left once or twice.
But from top of my head its not instantly but after 10 or so secs

Yep.just tried mine and after 10 or so seconds the left flipped does launch the ball.

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Tilt topper just installed. Dan was nice enough to send it out amongst the chaos (pun intended). Blends well with DE back glass. Almost done with this machine. It's been fun working on this JP. Or... Am I ever done?...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man I love that topper! I hit him up to see.if he might have an extra or the older edition he made for the DE a few years back. Hoping to hear from him!

2 weeks later
#7929 3 years ago

Any thoughts on a new power plug? I was moving my machine and notice the grounding plug of the 3 prongs is darn near about to fall out.

#7933 3 years ago

Thanks yall on the plug issue.

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from Yaron:

Does anyone know the part number for this post?
I do not have it between my in and outlane on the left (like many of you reported here) and I want to buy it.
Do you know the part number?

Here is one that I bought and put in: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5004-00

3 weeks later
#7985 3 years ago

I had that issue and found i had a loose wire futher up the chain. Once I resodered the loose wire all was.good! For me it was a yellow brown wire.

20200530_072230 (resized).jpg20200530_072230 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8016 3 years ago

Anyone have a top ramp for sale? Or best place to get one? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#8042 3 years ago

Might someone be able to take photo for where NVRAM goes? Thanks!

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

[quoted image]

Thank you!

#8047 3 years ago

Alright yall. I just put in Chads code and now the Trex won't eat the ball. I have it set to yes to eat the ball and no to turn side to side. It was fine before the rom swap. Any ideas? It doesn't move during the diagnostics either. Thanks!

#8050 3 years ago

So no bent pins on thr board and when i put the old one back in it does the same. Wpuld it have killed something if I had been put in backwards at first?
Also put in a nvram and had pulled the battery at the same time.
Thanks!

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I doubt making a mistake with the ROM would damage something specific with TREX moving. It sounds like other functions are working like DMD, etc.
Is TREX set in exactly in the center position? If the center switch is not pressed, it won't try to go up/down.

I'll have to take a look! He seems ro be a bit off. How is the best way to adjust it? Don't want to create even more of an issue hahaha.

#8053 3 years ago

Found this and will play around this evening. Thanks for the guidance!

039A_SB (1).pdf039A_SB (1).pdf
#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I doubt making a mistake with the ROM would damage something specific with TREX moving. It sounds like other functions are working like DMD, etc.
Is TREX set in exactly in the center position? If the center switch is not pressed, it won't try to go up/down.

That was it! T Rex is back to chomping! Thank you!

#8057 3 years ago

Has anyone put in a pinsound board/system in their JP? Worth it? Did you also put in new speakers? Thanks!

3 weeks later
#8144 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

I need some help with a topper that I bought!

It was purchased second hand because the original owner couldn’t get it installed/sold the machine before installing it. Turns out that this connection cable linked here...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=22033435716
... is needed to connect to a Data East machine. Unfortunately either it never was purchased alongside the topper or got lost somewhere along the way.
I would be happy to purchase the one in the link but because I’m from Canada the shipping is going to be an additional $65 dollars. Luckily I have a friend who is willing to help me make one but he’s unsure about at least one thing and maybe more... hopefully he’ll respond with any additional questions.
Firstly though he’s wondering which connector to use at the power supply. Hopefully someone here can help answer his question! I’m also going to look through the manual as well!

This is who made it and are pretty responsive and helpful! https://tilttopper.com/

1 week later
#8189 3 years ago

Any easy fixes for sockets that won't hold the lights in? My trex spot light and a few others do fine with the old incandescent bulbs but the comet leds are crazy loose and will fall out in the middle of play.

#8192 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I like to bend the leads out and put a small amount of electrical tape behind them. Then just bend the leads back on top of the tape. It makes the wedge just a bit bigger so they don’t fall out.
Stern uses hot glue on playfield spotlights to keep them in.

I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

2 weeks later
#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's the teeth... had to cut out quite a few to make it work but it still looks better than before!
As far as the problem, it seems like sometimes the jaw doesn't open quite far enough, so he ends up kissing the ball instead of eating it. My daughter reported he occasionally picks it up butndoesnt swallow it -- that explains the little wedge-shaped piece that was placed in mouth by the previous owner, that I'd removed to try to make the teeth fit.[quoted image]

I put only the top teeth in. Withe bottom in mine had alot of issues eating the ball.

1 week later
#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Just go a size smaller on the rubber. Thats what I did on mine. The chart isn't accurate to begin with. It lists rubbers that were never installed on the final game. (up around the Trex). So I took that as any other rubbers listed could be wrong.
I kinda wish the guy who bought the NOS did a teardown and cataloged all the rubbers.

Its worth pulling out the black and putting in clear if your going to make a change. Love how it let's a bit more light out.

1 month later
#8368 3 years ago

Has anyone put in car speakers as an upgrade? If so, anything special you have to do or k ow of a good pair that works? Thanks!

2 months later
#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I finally have some photos to share of the new JP subway ramps. Special thanks to gdonovan for helping make this project a reality! Switch brackets are included, so you won't have to do any riveting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If your ever in need of the top ramp let me know and I can send one to you.

1 week later
#8537 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for Tim's pinball mods fully functioning gate send me a message I have one and am looking to sell it. Perfect shape!
Here is what it looks like and works like.
https://www.facebook.com/TimsPinballMods/videos

20210212_151147 (resized).jpg20210212_151147 (resized).jpg
#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Just curious...why selling? I have one that I am about to install and it would be good to know if there are any pitfalls I should avoid!

Just selling as I'm about to sell my game. The gate is awesome and love it when it swings open. No pitfalls that I've encountered.

2 years later
#9804 10 months ago

Anyone have Tim's moving Gate Mod they are looking to sell? Moving raptor cage?
Hit me up if you are. Thanks jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bossk4hire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=bossk4hire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.