65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2016 8 years ago

Quick question: At the top of the left out and inlane is there a metal post? I noticed there's a small pilot hole there and on the top of my right out/inlane there is a metal post (no rubber).

I double checked the manual for rubbers pg. 34 and noticed there should be a 3/16" ID rubber at the tops of each out/inlanes as well. Thanks!

#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

There's nothing there on stock machines. Something that was planned, but not installed. The rubber list has a few incorrect callouts. Like the rubber that goes in front of the TRex.

Good to know, thanks! For the metal post on the right out/inlane is there supposed to be a rubber or is it a plain metal post?

1 week later
#2066 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I got all mine from comet pinball. I went the natural white frosted.
This is with the pop light rings (love them) on.
DSC05221.JPG
This is with pop lights off.(sorry a little blurry)
DSC05225.JPG

I think I like this one most as I'm very close to ordering LEDs but can't make up my mind...I like how the white light lets the natural colors of the game pop vs forcing it with colored LEDs. Do you recall exactly what kind of comet frosted natural white LEDs you used? They have single LED, double LED, double comfort LED and I think even more options. Thanks!

1 week later
#2101 8 years ago

Not sure how I missed it but when I got my JP home last month I only noticed then that the amber was cracked horizontally in the middle. Would be cool if those get remade but I doubt it and finding one would be just as difficult.

#2114 8 years ago

I never played what was before 6.00 but just by reading the patch notes and playing a few dozen games I can tell it's much improved from the stock roms. I was curious though should the ball save light come on when hitting the raptor pen the same way it does at the beginning of the game? Hard to tell exactly when the saver stops during play though I know it's now five seconds.

As a side note I just finished shopping out the playfield. Took just about everything off and cleaned, polished and waxed and added new rubbers and LEDs. I have to say the game is almost completely different now as the ball is just about silent and is flying everywhere. Most of the time at the plunge the ball flys out of the pops without hitting any and tries to head STDM at just under the speed of light. Quite intense and will take some getting used to.

2 weeks later
#2142 7 years ago

Does anybody's Trex go down for a second bite after just swallowing a ball? Thanks!

#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope, sounds like a flaky switch.

Time for some investigative work it seems. This morning I tested around with it and have gathered a couple clues.

When the ball goes into the saucer the trex comes down and swallows it as normal. It then comes back down and up again but doesn't close its jaw. This is exactly what occurs when the trex is supposed to eat the ball from the saucer but the ball is removed before it can be swallowed.

Next I took a flathead and manually pressed and held down the saucer switch. The trex did its proper routine but this time it did not come down for a second bite. This makes me think something down the line after swallowing the ball is causing this issue. The only things after that are the trex subway switch and VUK. I tested the switches on both in the switch test and both appear to be properly operating.

I would guess the saucer switch may be faulty but I have doubts as after the first swallow the saucer switch uses the kicker to kick the ball out of the saucer. If there was a second false switch activation I would imagine the saucer would kick as opposed to send the trex down.

My next test though a PITA to setup properly due to all the balls is to lift the playfield and have the trex swallow the ball but stop the ball before it hits the subway switch and see how it reacts. Repeat but have the ball hit the subway switch but not the VUK and again observe the reaction.

My guess is that the VUK is rattling something causing the trex to go down but as of right now that's just a total guess.

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd guess trex up or down switch needs adjustment or replacement.

Reporting back to note the solution was adjusting the leaf on the up switch. After messing around in the trex diagnostics I noticed the up switch would kick in very late. I bent the leaf to be more aggressive and register earlier. Problem solved!

1 week later
#2194 7 years ago

Having since gotten my JP and rebuilding the flippers I've been putting a ton of plays on this pin. I have the latest code v6.00 and I've noticed at the skill shot the raptor doesn't randomize his "return" pattern at all. The initial left to right pass is random but I've noticed the raptor always goes right to left without stopping. Anybody else notice this?

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Question for the masses...
I'm looking to do some LEDs in my JP that I recently purchased. I've seen a lot of talk in this thread about LEDs, but I was wondering about complete LED kits from places like Marco or Cointaker. Has anyone done a complete kit? Is it better to just buy a set order and replaces specific ones? Are people doing any color LEDs instead of condoms?
Thanks everyone!
EDIT: Also, are non-ghosting LEDs worth it for JP?

I contemplated a complete kit but instead chose to go through the arduous process of noting each individual lamp (style/color) and order that way. On the bright side the price was $80ish and I ordered from Comet. There is ghosting but as for someone who is pretty picky I don't find it bothersome at all. I used 1 SMD (5050) domeless for inserts and a 25pack of 8mm natural white frosted dome for GI. I needed a "bendie" for one jackpot, the egg, and a chaos if I remember correctly. I also went fancy and got the super bright tower flashers for the four above playfield flashers. I could get you the complete list if interested.

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

How's the hum? Got mine a month or so ago. I've got the good ol' Data East hum in mine.

I was looking around online and for funsies I replaced all the caps on the sound board to no avail. I noticed the hum "rolls" with the controlled lamps too. I remember my Time Warp did the same thing and I found a youtube video where a guy instructed on removing a specific ground wire on the sound board and the hum was cut by what I'd say 90%. I'm wondering if it's a ground loop issue. The good news is that even when I'm alone playing the action and sounds of the game quickly drown out the hum.

2 months later
#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The last two times I have heard the CHAOS mode callout, I have used the smart missile. After all of the balls drain, I see the dinosaur walking across the DMD that you shoot...then it says something about a victory mode and shooting the ramp. That mode has a countdown that usually gets to about 10 seconds left before it finally kicks out a ball for me to shoot with the gun/plunger. I've never had any issues with the game not recognizing that there are no balls in play, other than these two instances. Before installing the new code, I only got to Chaos mode a few times, but none ever had this odd sequence after I had drained all of the balls during Chaos mode. Any idea what's going on here?

This exact same sequence of events happened to me a few times including last night except my countdown usually dies before the ball kicks out. It doesn't happen often and only appears to happen during the chaos mode.

In addition has anyone else removed the plastic post that attaches to the plastic to the right of the middle-right popbumper? I find every so often when hitting the ramp hard the ball flies off the habitrail and gets caught between this clear plastic post and the control room light post. I finally removed it and now the ball will fly onto the playfield which is much better than getting stuck but worried about longterm damage as a possibility.

3 months later
#2784 7 years ago

I actually never had any experience with the old code but judging by the patch notes everything seems great. Really digging CHAOS! call outs on every proper hit and the randomized mode at start, and the t-rex test skip and..well the patch notes say it all. If I had a complaint it would be very small in that I noticed with the skill shot that the left to right sweep the raptor does is much, much more random than when it sweeps right to left. In fact almost every time I wait for the right to left sweep as 98% percent of the time it's a guaranteed hit.

1 week later
#2793 7 years ago

So far it's sounding really good. The tri-ball callout is on point! If the Chaos can be done in the same voice/tone it would be perfect. Speaking of which will this work with Chad's 6.0 code?

2 months later
#2991 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Yes I have figured out the wire problem, I just can't figure out how to reattach the jaw to the main body of the Rex. I have the bracket. Trying to figure out what screw/nut I'm missing or something. Here are pics.

I think you may need to order a new bracket http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-6640-00
At the very end there should be a tiny 90 bend of metal that inserts into the jaw as shown below and it seems like it's gone judging by your pictures. It's also a little bit of a pain to get inserted into the jaw.
I would also bet that if that bit of metal broke off that the hole in your jaw isn't a nice circle and most likely a bored out square.
When I took my T-Rex apart for repair I noticed the little bend on the bracket has a "pinched/hourglass" look to it from all the usage cycles in addition to the jaw being worn out a good bit.

Edit: Also your captured ball is looking pretty sketchy. I'd get all new balls too if you're ordering from Marco

535-6640-001 (resized).jpeg535-6640-001 (resized).jpeg

#2993 7 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

Hello JP Forum--after years of thinking about it, finally took the plunge and bought my first pin (JP) - which has been great and am having a lot of fun with it with my kids too. Can't get my middle son off it for long. I'm very happy with the pick and machine seems to be in very good shape, but a few minor items popped up that I was hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction on.
I've never owned a pinball machine before but am reasonably mechanical (I think - or at least will find out soon I guess).
I have two main issues that I'm trying to see if I can fix:
1) Since turning the machine on my T-Rex has been flawless (up/down/chomp/ball being swallowed)- which I was very happy to see; however, after putting 100+ games on it the T-Rex still looks to be doing everything right, but it doesn't actually eat the ball, It triggers correctly, lines up right and even goes down to eat the ball but the ball ends up just sitting in the saucer and getting kicked out. I am assuming that this is an issue with the magnet/solenoid maybe but don't even know where to look to check/test.

2) The left lower flipper sometimes goes "weak" either when hit by the raptor eject shot or even sometimes just in normal game play when setting up a hit when the ball drops down the left "safe" channel. I hit the left flipper button and the flipper reaction is sometimes weak or almost non-existent.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts help and glad to be part of the community!

1) Go into diagnostics and once at the T-Rex diagnostics make sure that when you bring him up and down and verify that the display says the proper switches are on and off. You can also test the bite by pressing the trigger if I remember correctly. It most likely will involve the down switch not registering properly or perhaps something wrong with the coil/bracket/jaw that makes the bite function.

Edit from the manual:
T-REX Test This test shows the status of all the switches on the t-rex mechanism, and provides motor control when the appropriate switches are properly adjusted. To move the creature left and right, use the left and right flipper buttons. Note: The t-rex top switch must indicate ON to allow left and right movement. To move the creature up and down use the start button. Note: The t-rex center switch must indicate ON to allow up and down movement. When adjusting the center switch Do not bend the actuator, loosen the mounting screws and re-position the entire switch. Operating the trigger switch should pule the jaw coil.

2)I would check the end of stroke switch as sometimes a weak flipper can be tied to a bad connection at the EOS. Visually inspect the wires soldered to the tabs of the EOS switch and give them a good wiggle and tug. If it feels sketchy don't be afraid to desolder, clip the end, strip a fresh bit of wire and resolder.

Also make sure the EOS leafs are adjusted properly. JP's EOS switches are setup in a normally closed position meaning at their resting state the two contacts should be touching with decent preload. If you manually flip the flipper you should see both leafs move for a moment before separation and there should be approximately a 1/8" gap at fully flipped.

2 months later
#3227 6 years ago
Quoted from gunnermac:

tjprice222 - I've attached 2 pictures of my machine. Sounds like the same thing is happening to me too - was going to post a new thread but if it's the same then I'll troubleshoot as you do.
The machine comes on and does a roar sound for a split second and then the machine just stays lit up but with nothing happening.

Take the backglass off and start from the top:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Data_East_CPU_Board_LED_Flash_Sequence_at_Boot_Up_When_Working_Properly

3 months later
#3580 6 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

I'll pull the board off and reflow the solder on the fuse holder and report back.

If that doesn't work I think you may have encountered a very similar if not the same exact issue as me. My post on it is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-had-a-pinball-that-you-cannot-fix/page/2#post-3521258

The bulletin I refer to can be found here:
http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb54.pdf

3 months later
#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Does anyone know where i can pick up the mosquito for the back of the playfield? Picked up a jp without one

I have one but it appeared to have been cracked and repaired in the past. PM if you're interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=TimeWarp1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.