IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Hi guys, I’m trying to figure out a part number for playfield lighting board circled in the attached photo. I think there is a short in mine that is causing lighting issues on my machine. I know it will probably be unobtainium, but also interested if anyone has or knows the whereabouts of a replacement.
[quoted image]

so...I'm gonna second the thought that you should not be writing off the board just yet. In my experience, its almost never the board and the couple times there was a problem, it was easily fixed. the lamp boards are basically just the 10 or 15 lamp sockets on one board to make it easier to change bulbs. In fact, many of the system 11 boards were just that, actual lamp sockets soldered to a pcb. The 3 things to look for on the board would be 1. diode 2. cold solder or solder bridge on header 3. bad lamp socket, either the bulb or tabs. There's nothing else to break.

1 year later
#9201 1 year ago

Putting a project back together and I’m still getting use to the data East board set. I’m not reading any voltage at the coils fed by the brown wire and I’m also not seeing power on the orange flasher wire at the sockets. Guessing the flashers are gonna pulse power so I may just be missing it but need to find the missing power for the coils. Bridges ans fuses are good as well as the fuse clips. The Dino head moves and swallows and the right VUK kicks it back but I have no trough VUK no Dino saucer kick no scoop kick and no dock kick. Anyone point me in a direction. The PPS board is on the bench now and I’m just starting to go thru everything. Was supposedly serviced but I never trust someone else’s work so….

#9203 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I just had an issue where the upper right dock eject wouldn't fire and a flasher wouldn't flash. Reflowed the solder on the J1 pins (all others pins too) of the PPB board and that fixed my issues.
Apologies if that has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on with your game.

No worries. Gonna go thru the board tonight just so I know it’s 100%

#9204 1 year ago

This is gonna sound dumb but is the coindoor lockout for coil voltage?

3 months later
#9435 1 year ago
Quoted from Michele_Caletti:

i've replaced the power board on my JP, it had some real major issues. i swapped in a 520-5047-00 instead of 520-5047-01. Seller said is the same, looks like the same except some connectors being slightly closer and harder connect. same pins, same all.
now the pinball works fine: logic, sounds, board, but the display turns on with DISPLAY VERSION message but then it turns off and shows nothing else. Any advice?
thanks in advance.

Right out of the PinWiki:

Part Number 520-5047-00
This power supply was used on the five games (Checkpoint, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, Star Trek, and Hook) which used the small 128 x 16 DMD. One thing which makes this power supply stand out at a glance are the two large 10W power resistors installed on the unit. Other things which make it different from the power supply used with a "standard" 128 x 32 DMD are:

The use of MJE340 and MJE350 high voltage transistors versus MJE15030 and MJE15031 transistors.
While compatible, the -00 should not be used as a replacement for the -01 power supply. The -01 is capable of delivering higher currents and is more robust.

#9443 1 year ago

You will have to ask the smarter people in the room, but you may be able to convert you board to a -1. not sure what the differences are but I think its the same PCB

1 month later
#9524 1 year ago

Just got a JP in and it looks like someone fried an up down motor, pulled it apart and forgot to put the parts back in. Anyone have a lead on the actuator arm spring and whatever else it needs?

4 weeks later
#9582 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I beleive Data East legs are 30.5". No?

Yes and no. They used both size legs and good luck getting a definitive answer on what size goes where. I know both Bullwinkle and JP use the 28.5” legs as I just had to get 2 set powder coated to look like DE. Data East switched to the 30.5 legs on the later games from my understanding. Moving the hole up on the side of the cabinet like the sterns of today. You would need to check the manual to make sure you have the right legs for your machine. Marco has the 30.5 listed as the correct legs for both part number and it’s not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=Tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.