IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4041 6 years ago

Hey guys. First post for me in this club about my new JP. I've got several issues to work through in this game still, but the first one I tried to work through last night was getting pinsound up and running. My question is this- does anyone have pinsound AND a rottendog mpu in their game? I'm having an issue with no sound through the pinsound board and I know there was an issue with the interaction of these two boards that I'm not sure if they've fixed. So I'm asking here if anyone has that combo up and running on really any data east pin. Thanks!

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

What is the ramp made from? Polycarbonate? I have a small crack in mine, next to raptor pit. Is a solvent that "welds" acrylic the best way to go? It has a failed araldite repair, but I think I can chip that off
Thanks Justin

I used plastic surgery after reading what others recommended. It was easy to use and I saw it flowing in to the crack. Got it locally at ace hardware. So far so good

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Hey guys. First post for me in this club about my new JP. I've got several issues to work through in this game still, but the first one I tried to work through last night was getting pinsound up and running. My question is this- does anyone have pinsound AND a rottendog mpu in their game? I'm having an issue with no sound through the pinsound board and I know there was an issue with the interaction of these two boards that I'm not sure if they've fixed. So I'm asking here if anyone has that combo up and running on really any data east pin. Thanks!

For future reference if anyone encounters this issue, I was sent a config file from pinsound guys and it fixed it.

#4073 6 years ago

Can someone check what this connector runs to? Should be in the backbox and my best guess is power supply. I'm piecing back together a hacked up JP and am not sure about this one. Thanks

20180105_222159 (resized).jpg20180105_222159 (resized).jpg

#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

White-red 25v AC from backbox bridge feeds 25v AC for T-rex up/down motor.
pg. 47 pg.48 manual. BR2.

Thanks guys. Could be why trex doesn't work. Thanks

#4098 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys wondered if anyone can help me out, I have always had a very faint hum in attract mode but once you play it was gone. After installing my color DMD I have a noticeable hum on the Right Speaker and the left speaker has none. Any thoughts? I'm thinking about just buying a Pinsound, New Speakers and the new wire harness kit but would be mad if it still was doing it lol.

My machine with pinsound still does it. Mine changes volume with the lights, so I wonder if some wires are run to close together or I'm missing a ground. Basically my recommendation is solve the issue before buying pinsound.

#4102 6 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have been trying to restore my JP. Looks like the manual has a lot of incorrect rubber size callouts or my post configuration is off. Im not confident that the types and location of posts was correct to start with. Could someone check my post type/placement? Seems like some should be star posts in-lieu of the steel posts. I think there were a few plastic/silver smooth posts as well but not sure where they may go.
Also the new silicone rubber touches the small rail guide by the sling shots. Looks odd but I can't think of anything that could be wrong.

Check out this link. I struggled with the same thing, waited on the shop job for the rubbers and was very upset when the manual was wrong. Titans website also allows people to make kits for games do you could go thst route and use someone else's kit.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/UvwW67hQXdA

I had the same thing with the rubbers and my inlane. I squished the rubber between the post and metal so it isn't blocking the inlane. I would have to check my pictures at home to know if your posts match mine, but mine could very well be wrong also.

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else notice how hot this game is lately? Seems like in the last 2 years the price has gone way up and the demand has as well.

I've noticed the price creep up over the years. Deals are still out there though at shows and if you keep an eye out. I definately think the price should rise given how relevant the theme still is, the toys, and how fun the game is.

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

For those interested (and not in the JP FB Owners group), I started a Pinball Workshop channel on YouTube. One of my first projects is shopping out my JP:
» YouTube video
There's quite a shock to what happens in this video.
I'll be covering other pinball machines as well as general repair and maintenance. If you like it, feel free to give it a like and/or subscribe!

I shouldn't laugh because I could totally see myself doing that. Oops

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

Remf, I can't speak for the kit but they seem like a rip off. I just individually ordered all my bulbs from pinball life and I think I was at around $70. No flashers though.. I hear the LEDS are annoyingly bright.
Sadly my GI on top of the playfield isn't working. The top bank of GIs behind the translight isn't working either. Looking for possible issues, I found some wire harnesses that weren't connected. Anyone know what these might be?
Also looKS like at some point the connector broke so they wired it behind the board.
Any of these look like culprit for my lights being out?

You've got a mess on your hands. Mine was actually very similar and I just started a thread about my gi issues. I can tell by looking you don't have the ground hooked up to your power supply (I think it's the ground at least). Wires 1 through 4 are missing. The circuit for gi is very funky

4 pin connector for 6.3 volts from transformer
In to power supply
Out to a connector to ppb board and to the lights
Out from the ppb board to the lights.

Lots of connectors and that can get burnt up and a lot of fuses and clips that can be no good. Message me if you want more info like wire colors

#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

What are the #455 bulbs for? I didn't think it had blinkers

My guess is the blinking bulbs on the bottom of the light box

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

My JP just starting having an issue. When I start a game and the ball is ejected in to the shooter lane, pulling the trigger does nothing to put the ball in play. When I pull the trigger the backbox lights flash like normal, but it will not eject the ball in to play.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Just a guess bit check if the wire fell off the solenoid that fires the ball. You could also test that transistor

#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed Pinsound on my JP, and I'm having trouble locating the CN3 cable that needs to be plugged into the board per the instructions. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Is that the volume control connector? Didn't you unplug it from the old board? I think it's a six pin connector with red and white wires

#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm hoping this is it...?

That looks right

#4204 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

(Noob alert) Is there supposed to be a red setting button here?

No, only two buttons.

As for your pinsound issue, haven't had that problem myself. Did you format the flash drive to the correct format? Then simply create a folder at the root and drop the end product folder in to there. It takes the board quite a while to unzip/reformat, like at least an hour. Make sure you downloaded the whole thing and your flash drive is big enough. Some flash drives don't work, needs to usb 3.0. I bought the same one they sell from Amazon

1 month later
#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joined the club last week. Finally can see the ball when playing. Here's before and after.

Normally I defend leds if they are used properly such as color matched inserts. Even I must admit though that looks awful. What you did is way better.

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You can buy angle aluminum strips at Home Depot under the name Everbilt. Located in the aisle with chains, rope, nails, bolts.
Amazon also sells PVC angle strips.

Slightly off topic

Did you ever find a way to tie it in to the gi? I guess you could get the 6 volt led strip, but that stuff is more expensive. Certain games like junkyard and scared stiff have the lights go off as part of the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=PinballTilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.