IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

458 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Chitownpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.
#206 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Just replaced the captive ball with a ceramic one. I like it. Now it looks more like an egg.

Dos it make the shot easier?

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

No, but now I stand next to the machine and stare at it, as it's tough to see with all the glare from the DMD.
I do like the way it looks. I think it's more appropriate for the theme than the silver ball was.
my 2¢

I think the flyer has a ceramic ball, correct me if im wrong. It does make more sense for sure, i was just curious.

2 months later
#319 9 years ago

Hope to join soon. any one know of a JP for sale in my area let me know.

1 week later
#337 9 years ago

those do not look real. i dont think they exist.

#343 9 years ago

any one have the xpin white dmd with the green filter? wondering how it looks.

1 week later
#345 9 years ago

Inching closer and closer to finally picking up a JP. Any one care to share a pic of their playfield with full LEDs and let me know the order list? Mostly cuz im lazy...lol. thanks.

#347 9 years ago

whats your playfield angle at?

#350 9 years ago

Worth a shot...sorry.

#352 9 years ago

Youre positive it wasnt the "system shutdown" mode? I know that mode seems like the game is glitching out.

#362 9 years ago

Any one ever take the backbox off of theirs? How bad was it? From the looks of the backbox pics online, it looks like there are quite a few connectors to disconnect to get it off.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I've done it. Take pictures before doing so. Hardest part is getting the wiring harness like it was. Use the manual for any connectors you cannot remember or discern from your pics. Pretty easy stuff.

Ive done all the games in my basement....6 total now. Worst game so far I would say was my Big Guns as it has the interconnect board.

Thanks

#375 9 years ago

JP coming my way, mid to end of next month. Cant wait! Lets go Chad H!

3 weeks later
#385 9 years ago

Very cool, nice job!!!

Hey, does any one know if the loop combo guy is on here? I knew I should have pulled the trigger on the yellow scoop mod when it was available a bit ago....

If hes not on here, any one know how long it takes to get back in stock usually?

#387 9 years ago

I am seriously having a hard time finding how to contact him on his site. Thanks though.

#389 9 years ago

Thank you sir. Cant wait for your mod as well.

1 week later
#423 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I generally hate mods, but I'm terribly interested in this.
I'd like to see how the LEDs are set up and whatnot. I might want warm instead of cool LEDs, but this is one of those rare things I think I'd actually do to my game.

I agree...I think warm will look better. The cool wash it out a bit, but it may look better in person. No complaints here though Rock.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thos is not yours bud. Yours you can customize colors as you see fit

Not even the least bit worried, just agreeing with the man.

#432 9 years ago

im so close to the club i can hear the music...

#440 9 years ago

I think its a tie between blue and green

#442 9 years ago

Does it cycle during multiball? Lol, just playin...

1 week later
#460 9 years ago

This game needs a color DMD bad. Who is working on the colorization?

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I sent them an email volunteering my services. They replied and actually have interest. They will get back to me when they are ready to proceed. This was last Friday. Crossing fingers!!

This is GREAT! Good work man!

I really feel like that open animation with John hammmond and the visitors center would look sooo nice in color. It looks like a blob right now.

Super pumped to hear this. Finger crossed indeed!

#466 9 years ago

Why do i have trouble with the easiest thing? How do I fix this? The cliffy is all the way on, no gaps, no movement. I pulled the scoop/subway to see if I could adjust it but no go. Any ideas?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#468 9 years ago

I read that, i wasnt sure If I was supposed to make a new hole or not. Thanks

#470 9 years ago

Got it all sorted...played a few games, all good. Thanks for the confirmation of making a new hole. I was kind of afraid to do it.

Really digging this game so far. Its perfect for my collection. Really mixes the gameplay up from my others.

#471 9 years ago

Can some one explain to me what the deal is with the raptor running across the screen mid ball and you have to pull the trigger a bunch of times to shoot it? Why does that happen and what is the reward for shooting it?

Also what the heck is said during the match sequence? "Oh, T-rex get him!"? Such a weird accent, almost sounds like stewie griffin lol.

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It's a sort of random video mode, and you get something like 3m points.

Weird....

I shoot the hell out of him, and he explodes, but I never see any indication of a reward. I will watch closer, thanks.

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There is no indication, though I believe ChadH is fixing that.

Nice....cant wait for the update. Would be sweet for the modes not to always start on stampede.

GO GO GO GO GO GO

#477 9 years ago

I put the loop combo mod on my last night too...love that mod. Seems like such a simple thing that should have been done in the first place. That dock sign is SICK! I have all the files, I just need to make mine. Did you use foam core board or something?

2 weeks later
#482 9 years ago

Go ahead and take my money!

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I'm working out a few small details, but I should have them ready to sell next week.

Do the leds flicker like a torch? Do they tie into the game like the torches already on the current gate?

#495 8 years ago

Hey im having issues with the trough switch from the power shed. I can trigger it from underneath, but a ball will not trigger it normally. I tried to loosen it and move it up a bit, but that did nothing. Any tips? I was going nuts not being able to get the S in CHAOS to get the 6 ball...finally figured out why.

#498 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I had similar trouble with mine. I think it would bounce over the switch sometimes. I bent the switch actuator upward so the ball would be more likely to hit it, but the downside was that a slow ball entering the power shed would not have enough momentum to roll over it and would get stuck. So it took some adjusting to find a position that would be reliable but not too high to hang up the ball.
The other thing you could try is to bend the actuator so that it bulges downward into the microswitch, requiring a lot less movement to trigger it. Some switches I've come across require a lot of movement so doing this really helps.

OK, cool. I was figuring bending it would help. Im going to play with it when I get time. MAN was it frustrating not being able to get the S....I was pulling my hair out because I thought I was doing something wrong.

#502 8 years ago

Cant wait to get mine too!

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

AHHH. I want a JP machine so bad! Gotta sell my current one first, and then find a JP.

Sell your currnet one first? Blasphemy!

#512 8 years ago

Chad you can't include those features with the new rules?

#518 8 years ago

I like your goat placement. Did you use a wire? Ive been using wire and hot glue, but i wasnt sure where to put it so input it along the back right side in front of the dock saucer area.

#524 8 years ago

Theres a papa write up on scoring strategy.

#536 8 years ago

OK I need help.

#1 Keep in mind im an idiot.

Went to install the gate mod by goodtobedad and clipped the wrong wires. I clipped 3 wires, a yellow, and two red at the wrong spot. See pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Since I realized this at the moment I clipped the third wire, I said hell, if I need to pull the iron out to fix this, why not solder in the gate as well at the same time. Got it all soldered back the way it was, flipped the game on, crazy ghosting of some inserts. I thought maybe I switched the red wires on the mess up re-solder, so i turned it off and swapped the wires. Same issue.

Game plays fine, but the C, H, Ramp JACKPOT, and a few other inserts are now ghosting. The gate lights up and flashes during bone busting as it should.

Here is a short video showing the ghosting.

Any ideas? Bad solder job maybe? I cant figure this out. I messed up, so pissed.

#537 8 years ago

Morning bump....that bad huh?

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Might be worth checking your diodes. Are all of those with ghosting in the same row or column? Does the ghosting go away if the mod is unplugged?

I am going to remove the mod wires next and see what happens. Thanks

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

The gate shares a row in the lamp matrix with a few of the lights that are ghosting on your machine. Make sure that the black wire from the gate is attached to the banded side of the diode. Double check that the alligator clips aren't shorting across a connection.

Hey dude, I didnt mean to cause any issues on your side, I just thought I messed up and wanted help. Ill PM you about this. Thanks!

1 month later
#557 8 years ago

Ive tried hard too...finally going to see it tomorrow before anything gets ruined for me.

#562 8 years ago

Not sure, sorry.

Any one ever consider taking the "shoot the trex when lit" light and moving its connection down to under the trex saucer and then putting a flashing led in the socket? Then the socket would flash when you are supposed to shoot the trex, right?

Was thinking about this so I could put the die cast jeep in the light/box's spot. I havent gotten it yet, but I am considering this. Any objections?

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Look at my post about a month back

Cool. I want to just eliminate that whole box and I want the kick out hole to flash making it more obvious. You basically did what I wanted to do though, nicely done.

#567 8 years ago

weird, i never noticed it. maybe mine isnt working, lol.

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I put a red LED in mine but didn't like the way it looked so I just went with a nice bright warm white.

Ya I think I may just go warm white because I have that in my stock so its easy, lol.

#578 8 years ago

I really wish some oe would make a mini barbesol can, lol.

#584 8 years ago

Look! Stick Stupid! LOL....

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Where do we send our request for a membership card? Got my machine last night!
Needs a bit of work. The VUK doesn't shoot straight. Was working 90% of the time when I was inspecting it, and of course it works 10% of the time after I get it home. There a switch scoring points with every flipper flip. There's a target missing. A few other things need replace. And hoping the bulbs are burnt out and not a wiring issue.
But here's my main concern. It appears that this game was originally shipped over seas. I didn't know this until I got it home. The game works just fine minus the issues above, so it's obviously been converted over. Other than switching over power, were there any other differences with this game than ones meant for the states?
2015-06-23 07.02.24.jpg

Welcome! Ive got an asian persuasion game too.

My buddy bought your LW yesterday, he is very happy. I sent him your way, thanks for being a good guy!

#624 8 years ago

I always get balls hung up in the weirdest places on my machines. Look at this doozy. Just right as to not set the switch off, LOL.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Couple options. To use the bungee cord, lift it just like a single pivot game. Do you have the eye bolt at the bottom right of the pf by the flasher bulb? That's where the bungee should hook onto.
You can also lift and pull it out, then rest the feet on the lock down receiver like more modern games. If you really have the room, you can do that, pull it all the way out and raise it to lean against the backbox. If you pull it out like this, be careful pushing it back in, as the rear "bump" on the rails is fairly high. You may have to lift it over to get it back into position.

REST WHAT FEET?? I dont have anything to redt the playfield on if i pull it forward. I use a piece of foam to rest it on the lockdown bar spot.

#645 8 years ago

Well look at that, didnt know they made upgraded replacement supports and bracket, thank you very much

#648 8 years ago

I was thinking of putting my jeep over the shooter lane

#664 8 years ago

Mine says those raptors are clever.

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi,
You have some very nice JP mods. You mention that the scoop light icons mod works best with LED's installed over the scoops. I have regular incandescent bulbs in my JP so could you recommend the exact type of LED's that you recommend for over the scoops and a possible source for the LED's?
I checked out Cointaker and there are many different types of LED's so I am not sure which ones would work the best with your JP light scoop mod. I am thinking the 555 YELLOW and 555 GREEN super LED's shown in the URL below would be a good fit with your YELLOW version of the icons. Can we split a set up and get two YELLOW icons and one BLUE (for the bunker)?
http://cointaker.com/products/555-super
Thanks.
Gord

I use concave lens leds in green and warm white. Looks great, little to no light bleed.

#697 8 years ago

Just installed my jeep finally. I think it looks great over the shooter lane. Once i get my bridge rectifier replaced ill have the shooter lane lit again which might be cool under it. It kind of looks like you are entering jp as you shoot the ball now, i dig that.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#722 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone here getting the new lit game topper?

Too expensive....Id rather spend my money on the new Trex

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

... I've seen a number of posts about this new trex, is there any update?

Hes making them in small batches. Hes not real keen on pumping them out quick. If your name is higher up on the list, youll probably get one. If not, you are most likely not going to. Luckily I think I am set to be in on the second batch!

#734 8 years ago

Any one disable their two white flashers that are under the pops? Ive been considering it. The machine already has so many flashers it gets kind of annoying.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Any pics showing how you have the LEDs inside of the Jeep? I have the same one and am trying to figure out how to get the LEDs mounted.

OR how much to do mine if I send it to you?

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Do you think they will ever Color DMD JP? It's got awesome dots IMO and would look amazing in color.

Somebody is supposedly working on it. As far as I know they dont currently support DE games, but they have been looking into it. If we make more of a stink, or even get a list going, maybe they will get serious about it. I know if this game has all these awesome mods its gonna be out of control awesome.

Color DMD
New Trex
New rules
Gate mod
Jeep mod
Etc etc

Turning into an epic game.

#785 8 years ago

Woah! I had no idea you could start CHAOS with the SM if you were missing one letter...very good to know.

My high score right now is only in the 200 millions, Ive only had the machine since spring.

From the papa video I watched the guy hold his smart missile until ball 3.

I usually go for the control room, start stampede, then shoot for trex to get him to eat the ball for the 30 mil, then since the ball goes down the right lane it lights control room again so I shoot for that, start another mode, etc.

I tend to stack as many modes as possible and if I get tri ball before ball 3, sweet, if not, no biggie.

This could be my downfall though.

Thanks for the run down, really helps!

#804 8 years ago

No. Wrong. Bring the color.

1 week later
#831 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone upgrade their speakers on JP? Was it worth it? It was something I thought I was going to do, but was wondering if the source files are even good enough to use better speakers. And my subwoofer already seems like it has pretty good bass.

Ive heard its very worth it. I would love a video to prove it before I spend the dough.

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

I have hooked up a mains sub and it cranks. Love it with the "feed T-rex" mode. Each footstep is so enhanced plus the shaker motor makes it a crowd pleaser

Please explain how you did this.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Plain ol alligator clips to the cabinet sub on one end, speaker wire input to a powered sub on the other.
*STOMP* * STOMP* *ROAR*

Well that sounds easy! Shit!

4 weeks later
#878 8 years ago

Chad can you offer any updates on the new code? I know its pretty much completely out of your hands now, but its been sooooo long. What are they waiting for?

#882 8 years ago

My game is from japan too! Twinsies!

1 week later
#906 8 years ago

Not very often blondie. I usually sink that shot pretty consistently...and thats with cliffys.

#909 8 years ago

My target is pretty stiff too...no play. Just thud.

#916 8 years ago

Mine is a dead thud, but it registers. Doesnt bother me.

1 week later
#944 8 years ago

We need to rally to get color DMD to get this game done.

#970 8 years ago

For anyone looking into DIY burning, the GQ-4X is a very capable programmer that has taken anything I have thrown at it. You'll also need a UV eraser to erase EPROMS.

I have both of these things, very easy to use.

#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

No, the powerball is just a mod

And it looks hella good if you toss it in a tumbler for a little bit, gives it a greyish speckled egg look...mine looks awesome.

#1052 8 years ago

Double post.

3 weeks later
#1297 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Anyone know where I can get the reflector for the topper? I have the original topper, but just lights in front of it. Are these anything special or should I just build one?

Just a bent piece of metal. Mines rusty as hell.

#1301 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Hmm, wonder where I start to figure out why these 3 flashers are dead. Also, all 3 of my non-flashers are always on.

I have some that stay on too....not sure how many. Ill look if i get it setup this weekend.

#1303 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Mine was too, and so are many others I've seen. I decided to take mine off because I felt it was obscuring the view of the bottom of the topper.

Interesting...ill consider it.

#1307 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I removed the reflector from my JP this week. No topper, nor room for one in my low-ceiling finished basement. My reflector was not rusted at all... I wanted to see the lamps and flashers. I'm planning to replace the top lamps with Yellow and Orange LEDs. ...or color changing LEDs.

Color changing???

3 weeks later
#1493 8 years ago

uhhhhhhh pics?

#1496 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I still need to do this to mine!

Dont we all....

#1498 8 years ago

What would be cool is if you had the scoop light tied to the light above it so it lit when you needed to shoot it.....

#1500 8 years ago

You can get that saucer/kick out in clear from marco specialties

3 weeks later
#1571 8 years ago

Lol incandescents.

4 weeks later
#1627 8 years ago

Very simple, just replace the rom. Just PM "johnwartjr" he will sort you out.
When you get the new rom chips turn off or unplug the machine. Either use a chip puller or just use a tiny flat head screw driver. You start on one end and lift then the other end and lift then pull it out. When you add the new rom chip notice the notch on the chip and the socket. It will tell you what direction you need to install the chip. Line up all the pins and make sure they are in the correct notch as well none of the pins are bent. It helps to put one row in first then bend the chip slightly to get the other row.

I think its more than just one FYI. I think you need the sound ROM re-burned too.

Actually, I am interested in getting another set of ROMS to do this so I can go back to the old software without having to re-flash. Any one know the chips Ill need and where to get them? I have a burner.

#1632 8 years ago

You can download the roms and burn them http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads/ or as I already mentioned above... Just buy the two rom's from johnwartjr. He will set you up with what you need.

Right...but I want to keep a SEPARATE set of ROMS for this. So does any one know where to get ONLY the chips needed? Not programmed, just the chips.

#1635 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Sounds ROMs were untouched in v.6.00. Only the CPU and the DISPLAY ROM need to be patched.

Corrected!

#1672 8 years ago

Postal service jipped me on my new chips yesterday. Hopefully they show up today! I was all excited to try the new code out then......nothing.

#1673 8 years ago

Looks like Ill have my new software soon. USPS said out for delivery, then nothing for 3 days. Finally filed a report, and then it was magically in chicago for some reason. Now it is back at my local post office...hopefully making it to my house today or this week.

Cant wait to try the new code out!

#1681 8 years ago

My wife says I got a "pinball package" yesterday. Im not sure how she knows that but I assume its the one. I'll be back in town tomorrow. Hope to have time to pop it in then. I played a bunch of original JP rules recently so I notice the changes more, lol.

#1683 8 years ago

Flew in this morn, saw the ROMS were on the counter. Got excited and had an hour before I had to go into the office. Pulled the old ROMS, put the new in...fire her up....no display, and Trex tries to go past his left position into the plastic. PANIC! Shut off....

Look up pics of JP boards.....I had put the CPU ROM in the socket above where it goes.

I know, I know, shouldnt be in a hurry EVER when working on pins.

Got the ROM in the right slot, she fired up, Trex fixed himself, and I played a game. Didnt have much time, just wanted to make sure everything was OK.

Really noticing that the ball save actually uses the shoot again insert now. I dont think my 5.01 ROMS did that at all.

Only problem I think I caused by being an idiot is that the raptor pit coil isnt firing. I think maybe the rex turned too far and maybe knocked a wire loose off the coil. Ill check her out tonight.

Beers and JP tonight! Cant wait to get off!

#1685 8 years ago

I take photos usually too....like I said, working on a pin in a rush is never a good idea.

#1686 8 years ago

Home trying to figure out this raptor pit coil issue. I dont know what in the hell i did. Wires all look good, switch works, just no coil. Is there a fuse dedicated for this coil by aby chance? I looked at all the ones i could find and they all checked out. I just wnna play!

Also, i thought the mode was supposed to change with the pops or the sling hits, mine does neither. It does randomize though from the start.

Any help on either?

#1689 8 years ago

Gotcha! Makes sense.

No it does not fire in test mode.

#1690 8 years ago

Crickets....

Im working like mad for the next few weeks, I may have a moment to mess with machines in the future, but nothing planned.

Any one want to throw around the idea that i blew something when i put the cpu rom in the wrong spot? I cant think of any other reason why it would just stop working at that moment.

#1692 8 years ago

Any one have a PDF manual they can share?

#1694 8 years ago

Well hell, thanks. I wasnt used to manuals being readily available online since all the gottlieb manuals are on lock down. Thanks!

1 week later
#1702 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did you get this figured out yet? I had a guy come out to look at my raptor pit and it turned out the wire to the coil had come off. Why did I not see this (the most OBVIOUS solution known to man)? Because there was a clear plastic sleeve holding the wire right at the point of connection to the coil, making it look as if the wire was still connected! I pulled the sleeve off and boom, there is the disconnected wire. So frustrating, but glad I got my raptor pit firing again!
Hope this helps.

No, not yet. Im on the road for work until the 21st. I pulled the plastic over the pit and the wires looked fine to me too. Just odd it was working fine up until I messed with the ROMS. I plan to reseat the connector associated with the coil and see where that gets me. If not, Ill pull that plastic again and check the wires. Such a PITA though with my palm trees, lol.

Got a few things wrong with my JP, kind of down on it right now. Raptor pit, my A hole isnt working again to start modes,probably just a switch adjustment again, the ramp switch always seems to come loose so you cant score jackpots, AND I have some kind of power issue that I need to replace the bridge rectifiers. I havent had a good weekend where I could get all this done.

#1705 8 years ago

Ya man. I feel like any time I fix or adjust one thing it messes up another. Drives me nuts. Some times I wanna sell all my machines and get back into cars, lol. I cant die playing a pinball machine though....

#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Where is the fun in that?
Now that I have my collection mostly where I want it, I'm getting back into my camaro myself.

I sold my play car to fund my T2. Never looked back. Greasy hands and cars breaking down on the road were something I wasnt into any more. We will see. Kinda want a mini cooper classic...lol, totally different class of car.

#1713 8 years ago

DERP! Lol....I am not a fan, sorry.

#1718 8 years ago

Any one got pics of how they prop their playfield when they work on it? Not like straight up, but when you pull it out towards the coin door. There arent any brackets on mine l, id like some rails or something. Would make it so much easier to do work on it.

#1730 8 years ago

So its the set of two with the rings at the bottom right? CAN you put a full set of rails on the machine? I had a woz for a while and man was that a sweet system to work on.

1 week later
#1770 8 years ago

I really dont hate that decal, its pretty sweet. I agree though, why did you put indominus rex on there? LOL.

#1778 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

That was the DNA that was found in the mosquito in the amber of my particular game.

Buuuuut they made him, they didnt find his DNA...whatevs though, to each their own. Just looks weird. Maybe make a indominus skin for your trex now!

#1801 8 years ago

Alright, im back in action.

Raptor pit still doesnt fire.

I have continuity between both lugs of the coil and wire #3 on j8 (purp wht), so that checks out if im not mistaken. I was told i had power issues and needed to do the bridge rectifier on the ppb board previously because i had issues with led strips in the mods on my game flickering and causing the sound to be staticy. I just unplugged the mods so i could play and figured i would get to it later.

Do yall think this is related? Could it just be getting worse? Just tossing it out there. Any ideas otherwise? Thanks.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1804 8 years ago

Bump for help. Ive got time this weekend for once....any one?

#1835 8 years ago

Yikes. JP 4k by xmas.

#1837 8 years ago

Some off the top of my head:

Drains:
"Our lives are in your hands, and youve got BUTTA FINGAS??"
"Clever girl"
"They should all be destroyed"

System failure
"Fences are failing all over the park"

Save timmy
"Noo tim"
"Big tim the human piece of toast"
"Timmy! Timmy!"

Raptor 2 ball
"Theyre inside"
"Raptor screech noises"

Feed trex
"Whats a matter kid, never had veal before?"
"Hes going to eat the goat?"
"Wheres the goat?"

#1842 8 years ago

My pops rock....ask chris rock what he did to them. Tons of action, no drains.

#1848 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I foresee a world where we have a Jurassic Park with:
1) Updated code (done!)
2) Updated T-Rex model (done!)
3) Updated ramp gate (done!)
4) Updated sound (in progress)
5) Color DMD (maybe? hopefully?)
Wow... a JP with all those things would be amazing!

Seriously....killing my checkbook.

If color DMD comes out...wow, this game is gonna be out of control.

Like I said, 4k by xmas.

#1850 8 years ago

Geez, even more! Not sure I NEED that GI maestro though for $115....

So.

Updated Code: $0 (thanks chad)
Trex - $400
Updated Gate - $80/$280 depending on which you go with
Updated Sound - $99 for FF speakers, $340 for PS board
Color DMD (maybe) - $399

Wow, if you pick up a decent example of JP for $2500, add all these mods, you're potantially sitting on a $4018....and I was just taking a stab at the price, lol. Almost spot on! $1518 worth of mods...wow. This hobby man....really sucks you dry if you let it, ha.

#1853 8 years ago

Any one know off hand if the standard size super bands will fit JP flippers?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6519-21

#1859 8 years ago

"Hold onto your butts" should be when system boot starts. Where does it play now? Dont think Ive heard it!

#1863 8 years ago

$399 is what they charge for the others. Why cant they do JP?

#1920 8 years ago

My switch was always coming loose and moving so that the arm wasnt moving enough to trigger the switch. I ended up using a machine screw and a nuts to really get it tight as the wood screw that was there going into the plastic ramp was always getting lose.

#1931 8 years ago

Woah woah woah, where did you get those sexy side rails and lock down bar????

#1935 8 years ago

Please do. Some one make these! LOL

#1939 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Mine are similar

image_(resized).jpeg

DUDE! Share these!!! Who is making them? Where can we get them?

#1956 8 years ago

Both very valid points. Lets continue this debate!

2 weeks later
#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have nothing against Flipper Fidelity or their products but I personally find there are a lot of good, quality lower cost speakers available. I thought over making a purchase from Flipper Fidelity as my PotO needed new speakers I ended up just grabbing a set of car audio speakers and they were a huge upgrade at significantly less price.

Dont you need their board too? How did this all work? Got a write up?

#2047 8 years ago

SWEEEEET! More shit to spend my money on!!!

#2060 8 years ago

Welcome....to Derp Park. Lol, still cant get over that new Trex. I think it looks WORSE.

#2063 8 years ago

LOL, I AM jealous of your powdered wire forms that is certainly true. I am NOT however jealous of your Trex. Especially considering I have the ultimate upgrade in my possession.

#2078 8 years ago

Who can 3D print in this club? We need a fence mod ASAP. Thats one thing I am really surprised about, is that there are no fence references in the plastics or playfield toys. Id REALLY like a broken fence around the trex. Maybe some one can print the fence posts with the light and siren and then you could use guitar string for the cables? Any input?

#2081 8 years ago

I'd like to see something like that. It's something I want to eventually make for mine, but "eventually" keeps getting further and further away.

Eventually describes my pinball hobby at the moment so I feel you. Been looking at pics of the fence to see if I could make it without a 3D printer.

#2089 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Welcome. New member, and you've already got the TRex.

Right? I noticed too. I wondered when we would see our first machine sell with it.

#2095 8 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Newman!

image_(resized).jpeg

This is the kind of cheese I can get behind. Hilarious.

Seriously though, are you going for the derpiest JP ever? Are there googley eyes on your translite?

#2123 8 years ago

Yer a champion, that looks awesome!

1 week later
#2131 8 years ago

Hey Piper, found a new translite image for you. Youre welcome.

IMG_0381_(resized).PNGIMG_0381_(resized).PNG

1 week later
#2151 7 years ago

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Any plans to use the "welcome to jurassic park" from the movie for the beginning of a game?

VERY VERY cool. Still so jelly of your side rails and lock down bar. Really digging the blade decals too.

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

About the music: It won't change. Why? Well... welcome to John Williams work for JP. I DID take the fastest pieces of the OST from the First movies. It's really really slow in general. I never had such problems finding good parts of the OST to use with the Pin, but this one wasn't as easy. There isn't that much soundtrack actually and the whole thing is rather slow. Also, I did try to use music for the pins modes that are actually connected to the movies - not an easy task. Also, I didn't use music from the others movies - this is a JP1 pin, the only JP that should atually exist as a movie.

I did watch the whole video, but forgive me if I missed it. Maybe for the raptor multiballs you use the shrieking music/sound from the part where he hunts the raptor and she runs to the power shed? Pretty chaotic music.

1 week later
#2206 7 years ago

I prefer the bright cap evos. Those ones with the wires are a pain in the ass to get right.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

3 weeks later
#2310 7 years ago

Derpderp derderp derpderpderp derpderpderpdeeeerrrpp

1 week later
#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

It might sound crazy but I use Pink LEDs on all my yellow inserts. Looks Awesome!!!
I did the same thing with the pop bumpers.

what.

Pics. pics now.

#2347 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

These are the ones I use. I've tried others without much success.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm
» YouTube video

WOW.

#2384 7 years ago

Where are yall getting your blade decals? I have seen a couple version of the same horizon design. Which is the best?

#2386 7 years ago

Cant find them any where. His site doesnt work and wont let me add them to the cart.

Also, what happened to the guy making the sticker decals for the rails and lockdown bar?

#2388 7 years ago

I know you don't like having "derpy" stuff in your game, so why consider decals that have cheezy dino silhouettes and the same tree cut and paste all over it? The sunset hills don't even go with the image running along the back of the pf, which is isn't a sunset scene.

well crap man! what else is there? some one needs to make something nice ASAP! lol.

Im hoping to have my JP opened up this week or next to get some much needed tlc done to it. got my t2 done finally, JP is next.

#2392 7 years ago

Seriously though, may need to ask Tilt graphics to make some blades that match the back splash decal.

#2393 7 years ago

OK, so I guess Tilt already has another set. Im not sure I love these either. I really want it to tie together with that decal and also include things from the movie. The electric fence, the power shed, the hillside with the stampede, all of these would really tie the game together over a generic jungle scene dont you think?

#2394 7 years ago

Any one happen to have a high res pic or scan of that back decal/plastic?

#2412 7 years ago

No one has a scan of the backsplash plastic with the dinosaurs and the scenery???

#2413 7 years ago

OK, crickets. Lets stir up some interest in this club...

So this sweet paddock sign...Ive been looking at that ugly stickered box thats tells you when to shoot the trex. I have been wondering WHY its on such a rediculous angle thats hard to read. Why didnt they put it over the lane? I am thinking maybe one of these signs would be sweet in place of that box, AND over the lane. You could mount the spot to the back of it. I would just route the light to the saucer then and when the saucer flashes I think it would be obvious enough to shoot the trex.

Thoughts?

625x465_4679673_577703_1459318944_(resized).jpg625x465_4679673_577703_1459318944_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2448 7 years ago

The loop combo scoop mod is by far the best solution. People who walk up to play the game that arent familiar are really helped by the icons. Are you going to light it with green AND yellow so it changes color based on what youre shooting for? That might be neat. Might even be neat to do the scoop AND the loop combo stuff....

2 weeks later
#2472 7 years ago

Any one in or near Lisboa (not gonna lie im gonna need to google where this is) that can get this guy a JP to get some nice blades made up??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-inside-decals-60-shipped

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one in or near Lisboa (not gonna lie im gonna need to google where this is) that can get this guy a JP to get some nice blades made up??
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-inside-decals-60-shipped

2 weeks later
#2513 7 years ago

Sweet. I have considered doing this as well. Nicely done. Did you just tap off the light for the scoop?

#2515 7 years ago

oh I see, you took the bulb trees down....sooo, does the scoop light for system power up too? Would be cool to do yellow for the cpu, park revenue, and power shed shots being lit, then have it turn green for system power up....hmmmmmm

#2518 7 years ago

green and yellow is chartreuse...no biggie!

Can you post pics of the spot you put the light strips in the scoops?

#2520 7 years ago

woah...drilling scoops. yikes. dont think i will be doing that.

#2534 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Looks great, I think I may follow your lead. I'm not bashful about drilling the scoop. As you note, ball does not touch, no one can see.

Is there a way to light them without drilling? Really would rather not. My scoops are kind of rigged as it is, dont really feel like pulling them.

#2537 7 years ago

They're not completely sealed around the upper edges on all sides are they? Isn't there a slight gap you could shine light through?

Not a bad idea...I do have some flex laying around I could mess with.

Quoted from outcida:

No drilling required with my Smart Scoop mod. Comes with LED strips, control boards, all cables and detailed instructions with lots of photos. Everything is completely reversible.

Got a website? Ill check it out, but kits are usually over priced.

#2539 7 years ago

Did you change your avatar? Are you the guy who made the interactive gate?

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Yeah I changed my avatar. Same guy that made the interactive gate. I also have another cool mod coming soon for JP. Here's a hint, opening scene...

OK, cool. I wasnt looking to do business with some rando dude, lol. I was always like "hey! Its the guy that looks like my boy Brian" when I looked at your avatar.

Once I get some funds I will hit you up. Super cool about the raptor "cage". SHOOOT HEEEERRR

#2542 7 years ago

I also think its funny you havent put the cliffy on your power shed scoop either. What a pain in the ass that post is to remove, right? I need to do it one of these days or I will regret it...

3 weeks later
#2577 7 years ago

Best score so far on the new code. Havent had a lot of time to play in the last 4 months. I agree, this game is WAY upgraded with the new code. Changes the whole way you play. So fun.

IMG_1762 (resized).JPGIMG_1762 (resized).JPG

#2580 7 years ago

Do you have the new chad code? I did hit chaos in that game, just didnt score the jackpot.

Edit: no, you obviously dont have the most up to date code because you posted rules from 1994, lol. Get with the times man.

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I absolutely do have the new code, it was the first thing I did to the game when I bought it. The rules I posted are basics to go off of and still pretty much tell you how to progress through the game. Sorry for trying to help.

Sorry, seeing as you have been here less than a year, and dont even have your collection listed, this just came off as dickish. As i said, I havent had much time to play. I have a 4 month old baby at home so games are few and far between. I thought 200 mil was decent considering I dont play much currently.

#2598 7 years ago

I actually just experienced that on friday. We both got the same mode. Interesting.

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If anyone is selling Chad's code they better be doing so at his approval, and he better be getting a cut.

Calm down, nothing is fucked here man.

3 weeks later
#2716 7 years ago

Agree with all winter said. Waiting on the guy from over seas to make his hand drawn ones.

Also from that video above, did that guy ever get some one to make those siderail/lockdown bar decals? Those r sick.

#2727 7 years ago

Who would be willing to throw in like $5 to a paypal fund to get some one to start working on color DMD for JP? I would...lets make a list.

Chitownpinball

#2732 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm in ... LCD installed just need the color

Did you do the lcd? Do they not make the led version for JP yet? I dont really like how big that lcd is inside the backbox and such.

Quoted from goatdan:

I don't know exactly what my life looks like for being clear, but I'd love to take this up. I haven't colored other dots, but I did help Chad with the rules on the code rewrite, so I do have that as a background...
I don't think I could mess with it for a month and a half though...

AWESOME!

#2734 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Take a look at the ColorDMD LED version. Today, you can put one of these in your JP and run the default ROM package (just like the post above). From a coloring perspective, you would need to wait until the folks at ColorDMD create a JP specific ROM file.
The good news is that they just created a SW ROM (Game 47) which was their first DE title. This means we should expect more DE titles in the future.

right, but some one needs to work on the colorization to get it done. they dont do their own colorization, the community does. I was offering to drop $5 into a paypal for who ever wants to take on the challenge. It looks like we will be waiting at least until next year.

#2739 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What really? I thought it was all internal staff at colordmd. Are there any tools available for us to do it?

Thats how I understand it. Im not sure about the tools, you would have to ask the guys that have done the others.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No matter what, I did just contact them and inquire about doing JP

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

To me the new code pays for itself by not starting with stapede mode every game.

Agree. Cant bitch about free new code I did not work to get.

#2750 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Edit* and further more, I sell you a nice, hard to find organ plastic for your HH game, and you scold me with your thumb down and bitching comment?
One for the memory bank.

LOL, forgot you had thin skin. Ill make sure never to question you again sir.

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Check out my new raptor crate mod.
» YouTube video

Wow dude, you are nuts. Where do you plan to mount that? Above the raptor kick back?

Gonna take a guess and say thats gonna cost like $250 at least.

1 week later
#2792 7 years ago

Man...as if i didnt have enough shit i want to spend money on. Well done sir. Well done.

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Now all we need is a color dmd

Amen

#2807 7 years ago

Can any one confirm this is the right bridge rectifier to replace the ones mounted inside the backbox (directly to the mounting board).

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/112-5000-00

The number checks out, I am just nervous about this replacement.

Thanks

#2808 7 years ago

Bump for an answer so I can place an order.

#2810 7 years ago

Beefier is good. Thanks!

#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This would be great, I'm software engineer myself and offered to colorize JP probably over a year ago. Was told they already had too many active projects. I hope he has better luck.

I really hope this isnt true. How do you turn down business? Theres at least 20-50 of us waiting VERY patiently while they keep pumping out garbage games. (Popeye, WPT, really?) They are sitting on $20k of sales here.

#2825 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Raptor Crate mod now also available in smaller version so it can mount above raptor kickback without blocking the view of the mosquito amber.

Very nice dude! Love it!

1 week later
#2843 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

As for the PBB board. If you're decent at soldering it'd be much cheaper and easier to fix the board than buy new.

OR send it to John Wort, he does great work at a very reasonable price.

#2855 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Reset all of the cables.

With the machine off.

1 week later
#2879 7 years ago

That looks hella good peters. Well done. I am going to copy that, but I have the slow blinkers in the bottom as specified.

1 week later
#2900 7 years ago

Any one had a loop combo sign break off its mount? Had the control room one break off during my party Saturday. Any recommendations for re-mounting it?

#2903 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Break break, or just come off from it's post?
I had a heck of a time with mine rotating around the post. Don't use regular super glue. It just won't hold. I used some of that two-part epoxy mix stuff. And to make sure it had enough to grip hold of, I took pliers and marred up the end of the post. So far it's held.
Just remember to be careful and set something down on your playfield while it cures. Just incase it drips or leaks.

It came off the wire that holds it to the post.

I also have a hard time with them moving a lot. Either turning, or sagging to one side or the other. Ill probably do it outside the machine, lol.

#2906 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

All 3 of mine came off and the mod creater said to use JB weld.I rough sanded the wire end for more bite as well.
So far they are holding up.

Gotcha, thanks!

#2911 7 years ago

Interesting videos

MY JP needs to go under the knife soon. I dont want to tear it up, but it is starting to suffer.

Things on the agenda:
Replace bridge rectifiers
Replace batteries and or install NVRAM
Re-install mod plugs (right now power is low so the dmd cuts out if mods are plugged in)
Install badass Trex head
Re-install JP jeep that fell off when I moved a year ago (lol)
Fix loop combo sign
Clean/Wax machine

#2913 7 years ago

Hey, also, I have started to broadcast on the HYPE app if any one is interested. I was live the other night for about 30 minutes playing my (beat up after my party) JP. Last night I did my T2, but I didnt have any watchers so I didnt upload the replay. I plan to do T2 again some time soon, and hopefully do a feature on each one. My username is "NOUSEORNAME" lol, look me up if interested.

#2915 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

would love to see a how to on the rectifiers! for future reverence!

Just un-solder and re-solder in the new ones as far as I know. Im pretty sure the ones on the boards are good, its the ones off to the side by themselves that are bad. Not sure how to do them honestly, I havent come up with a plan yet. Do I solder them while they are still in the box? Do I disconnect all the connectors and remove the head so I can lay it flat on its back? I am by far not an expert by any means.

1 month later
#2958 7 years ago

Mine jumps off every once in a while. My flippers rip HARD though. Hard enough that the computer icon above the center scoop broke off.

#2962 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Changing to the AMH club

Have fun with that zizzle.

1 week later
#3008 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Does anyone know when the topper lights illuminate during the game? I get the flashers to work during diagnostics but there are three bulbs between the two flashers that never seem to come on and they should be working. Just trying to figure out if I have a problem or if I'm just not noticing them light up. Thank you!

Mine light up all the time and flash some times. I dont have any more details at the moment.

4 weeks later
#3062 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

OK JP owners Please help me with this, check out the last few posts on this thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-inner-art-decals/page/2#post-3626333
Thanks

These blades suck. We are all waiting on hassanchop to make some nice ones.

#3066 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

well lets let him know there are a few of us with money ready for him to make these things! lets do this LOL

Oh he knows. I harass him any chance i get.

#3069 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

What art work are y'all wanting on the blades? Sorry if I missed the post.

We want hand drawn art that matches the backsplash decal with the dinosaurs and scenery.

#3074 7 years ago

Yes and no. That looks like just a scan of the back splash decal thats then mirrored for the other side.

Very close though. Good idea, just not great execution. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

#3080 7 years ago

The better examples of side art I've seen are not mirrored.

I dunno, I really love my T2 ones from hassanchop that are mirrored.

I just dont like the ones that are mirrored poorly like the copy paste ones above.

b8d04c2695d6a8945fdf2a23cbe2cd81bc983a83 (resized).jpgb8d04c2695d6a8945fdf2a23cbe2cd81bc983a83 (resized).jpg

#3082 7 years ago

OK, so here is a very basic mock up of what I envision. Id like the electric fence to be incorporated in the back of the machine and have it trail off equally on both side, with different dinosaurs behind it on each side. Id like the field to be represented from the stampede mode, so the log, and the gallimimus. I am literally coming off the flu and have no time to work this out any further, but wanted to put in some more wish list stuff lol. Dont judge.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#3084 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I will take a set drawn exactly like this, black and white, . Let me know where to paypal!

Hell ya! Ring the bell! Another sale!

#3110 7 years ago

Are they supposed to be that blue? That blue looks too deep to me. Maybe its the white backing?

#3121 7 years ago

Any one with a 3d pronter interested in pumping out a few east dock signs? I COULD make a crappy one from sticks and paper, but it would be nice to have a 3d printed one that I could apply stickers to. Just a thought. Any one?

#3127 7 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I can do it. Do you have the file? Otherwise, send me some pictures and measurements and I'll build the model myself. I don't have a JP any more, but we can probably work together to get it right.

I dont have an actual 3d printer file, just the files for the signs.

#3129 7 years ago

Id pay $10-15 for a 3d printed one with stickers.

#3141 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You didn't take the plastic protector off of any of the plastics to compare them??????

#3148 7 years ago

TOO DARK. Light doesnt even pass!

2 months later
#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody think that Stern may re-run JP as a vault edition? They have made statements that any game over the history (sega, de, stern) could be re-run as a vault...

No, lets hope not. Lets also hope jjp gets jurassic world. Stern is pumping out garbage lately. How do you go from a pin like gb (with a packed playfield with unique shots, molded toys, etc) to sw? What a mess.

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The film was released 2yrs ago. I can't imagine there is an unannounced pin on the way, but who knows.
Raw Thrills did very well with their 2015 $13k JP shooting game.

Jw2 coming out this summer though? Or was it 2018? I forget

#3285 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Jurassic World is rumoured for a future stern release...

1 week later
#3304 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Can't believe this is in the code, awesome.

Woah! Where and how did you make that come up??

1 month later
#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Nice! Now we just have to wait until August 4th to get the code.

Which is perfect. I leave for vacation that day. No temptation until I get back!

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I have had my LED for about 2 months.

Pics? No one posts color dmd pics after they install....i wanna see!

#3471 6 years ago

Wow a billion. I need to start playing again.....

#3480 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone else have an extremely violent shaker? Any way to dial it down? It is stupid loud and shakey.

Kinda the point...lol.

#3482 6 years ago

3 Days! Wheres the video COLORDMD???

#3494 6 years ago

I really want to see the "they should all be destroyed" animation. Cant wait to get mine! Some time after my vacation, so probably end of the month.

3 weeks later
#3593 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This is a club I hope to be in one day soon. JP #1!

I wish you were trying to trade something other than BDK. I like that game, but not enough to part ways with my JP. Good luck to you.

#3597 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Also curious how often can you hit the Dino hole using the right lower flipper? I heard it's hard, but with practice I suspect upper flipper isn't needed?

The trex saucer? I hit it some times, but not consistently at all. Also, the upper flipper is needed for the higher jackpot value, which I usually dont get. The ramp is so much easier of a shot, then I use my smart missile to start chaos most of the time unless its like ball 1 or something.

#3599 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"I hit it some times, but not consistently"
I get that, but I'm asking if you actually Try to hit the saucer how often can you hit it.

Well now I gotta go play like 20 games and make a spread sheet......

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Wrong website...

I think its an Office reference....I THINK....

1 week later
#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm in the club! This game is so much more fun than I even anticipated!! Does anyone have any advice on how to do the yellow/black "caution" paint/powder thing that folks are doing? I really like it! (Or any other really good cosmetic things I can do/add to the game?)

Mines not powder coat, its vinyl caution tape stretched onto the rails. It looks OK, powder coat like that I assume would be difficult, im no expert on that.

1 week later
#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Only $42? Hot damn, wish I had money to waste on a hotwheels toy.

Its about the size of your hand fyi, unless you are some kind of giant.

Not sure how thats a hot wheels toy. Either way, the jeep Is $20, his time and leds are worth $22 easily.

Not sure why yall are bitching.

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Modfather, I get that you're a business and you need to make money and all, but what is the deal with your pterodactyls you are selling? I just bought the same exact product on Amazon for $11, compared to your $42 toys.
(Also your velociraptors are the same product from amazon with a hugely gouged price.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-playfield-pteroductyl
amazon.com link »

Right, so as an informed consumer, you found a better deal, move on. You guys....

3 weeks later
#3717 6 years ago

Make me a dock sign too!

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

They have replaced the light towers. They only light when ready to shoot, but are not tied into the CHAOS. You have to go by the insert in front of the scoops for that.

Thats just your setup though right? You dont HAVE to get rid of the towers right? Ive been considering these...theyre neat.

1 week later
#3752 6 years ago

Who do I gotta pay $15 to around here who wants to make dock signs with their 3D printer?

#3769 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Do you guys want a static sign or would you prefer one that has the arrow spin slowly (on a motor) like in the movie where Dennis spins it after he ran it over. I don't really like static mods and am always looking for ways to make things pop.

That is above and beyond man. A static sign is fine for me. Maybe make the arrow on a rivet or something so it can spin from vibration. Would that even work?

Any ways, looking for a cheap, but decent looking one. Lets see what you come up with!

#3773 6 years ago

WOW yoyo...very nice.

1 week later
#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

First shot at the East Dock Sign. The arrow can be rotated by hand right now.

Printed it in black as that is the filament that's currently in my printer. I have some white filament on order. Thoughts comments appreciated.
Decals will be redone in Photoshop. These are just some I found online.

Looks great dude!

#3795 6 years ago

Ill need to find a new spot for my goat.....

1 week later
#3833 6 years ago

Turned out great outcida, you work fast man. Ill place an order soon hopefully. Ill probably wait a bit as Ive got a pile of mods sitting and waiting for me to have time. Thanks again for being a champion!

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Does the arrow move? Can you turn it to what ever direction you would like? When the shaker motor turns on does it make the arrow move a little?

Was wondering the same thing. Shaker specifically. Would be funny.

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I just noticed that it looks like you have plastic protectors on your pin. Who makes them for JP? I know like I've looked but I wasn't able to find them

Pinbits

1 week later
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

The Led has a lot of ghosting. Still better then plain orange

Any one confirm this?

1 week later
#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Pulled the plug and ordered my LED version today. Merry Xmas to me!

My wife ordered mine Sunday! Man they ship fast! Cant wait!

#3868 6 years ago

Wow this dude is fast!!

IMG_6082 (resized).JPGIMG_6082 (resized).JPG

#3869 6 years ago

So is yoyocopter going to make these molded pieces available for purchase? I think they look killer.....

Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi, here a vidéo of my Mods for Jurassic Park , for the hole of the Jurassik Park to replace the naughty lamp holder
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

#3871 6 years ago

wowowow! very nice! how much??

1 week later
#3883 6 years ago

Where are yall connecting your powered mods? The machine I bought came with the back panel lit, the "when dinos ruled the earth" lit, and the shooter lane lit. The mods were causing my dmd to glitch out and the sound to pop and drop out at times. The mods are powered off a board with a pass-through connector. To my understanding, these mods need 12v. Where is the best spot to get this without pulling off the boards?

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I put a switching power supply in mine to power added mods.

Thanks for the input. I really wanted to avoid adding something like this, but I may have to...hmmm

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

If you use game power, even if you pull from somewhere other than the board, you may still have the issue.
You could try rebuilding your power supply, if you haven't already, to make sure the game has solid voltage level to better handle the additional strain from the mods.

My PS board is a rottendog which (did) measure properly last I checked.

OK, I will look into a power supply. What are yo using? Just a pc power supply?

What if I get a wall wart with the screw down posts to plug into the service outlet?

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I helped to load my JP out the door yesterday. It's officially leaving tomorrow, but I've played it for the last time. JP was the first machine I purchased and is one of my favorite movies. In fact, wife and I's first, or perhaps second date (depending on what we're counting), was seeing Jurassic Park III. I'll also miss how new players gravitated towards JP. Probably 9 out of 10 times it was the first machine guest would play. I would be happy rejoin the club in the future, but for now it's goodbye to the club.

Whats replacing it?

#3911 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Just a quick check to see recommendations for where to purchase the captive white ball mod for JP

Pinball life has the ceramic ball, so do others. Its the ball from twighlight zone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
458 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Chitownpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tu=Chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.