IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (10 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (10 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "CPR".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1175 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

will pinbits attempt to create a plastic set as well to replace broken ones or is it just to protect existing ones? Seems like big market for plastic replacement so hopefully the former.

Pinbits has expressed a willingness to create plastic protectors for JP, provided that someone can provide them with a good set of plastic scans. Pinbits is not creating a replacement plastic set for JP.

However, it appears that a replacement plastic set for JP may be on the radar screen for CPR as per the following posting by Stu of CPR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pfs-back-glass-and-plastics-would-you-like-to-see-cpr-do/page/7#post-2729885

Gord

2 weeks later
#1335 8 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Any idea if anyone is going to reproduce Ramps and plastics for Jurassic Park in the near future?

Sounds like plastics may be a possibility:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pfs-back-glass-and-plastics-would-you-like-to-see-cpr-do/page/7#post-2729885

1 month later
#1551 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Damn Anyone else got a scan of this one? Mines burnt
Could you use a burnt one and use winters to fix my burnt scan?

The scans aren't for reproducing artwork, just to get the size and shapes for protectors. I doubt anyone is going to make legit repros, though CPR did have JP plastics on a want to find post, giving me the impression they may make them at some point.

I don't know if Stern chases down violators of DE intellectual property like PPS does with B/W, but there's also the potential to be infringing on Universal's IP if you repro the gate plastic that says "Jurassic Park". Otherwise I don't know if Universal would have any stake in the images on the plastics, which are mainly just plants and a few generic dinos.

A road someone probably could go down is making new art for the plastics, but purists probably wouldn't go for it.

Either way, the biggest challenge would be printing the artwork on the plastic at high enough quality to be worth buying which would probably be best with silk screening. Most people aren't set up for that.

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks for the info!
All because someone didn't replace an overheating coil when it first appeared :\
When I get my work area set up I'll have a better look at it and see what I can do.

Hi Koops,

It appears that a replacement plastic set for JP may be on the radar screen for CPR as per the following posting by Stu of CPR.

You may want to reach out to CPR to see if they are planning on running JP plastic sets at some time down the road. Since CPR has JP plastic scans it sounds like they are going to run them at some point.

Gord

2 months later
#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone make or know where I could get playfield plastics for this game? pretty much all of mine are broken

At the present time they are not available. I believe that they are on the to do list at CPR, but not sure where they are in their queue.

Gord

2 months later
#2130 8 years ago

Vote here if you'd like to see a Jurassic Park repro playfield produced by CPR in future:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-repro-pf-interested-list

Also post ideally.

1 month later
#2355 7 years ago

I'll be curious to read reviews on the quality of those reproduced plastics.

Are they screen printed? If not. I don't like having to pay as much or more than CPR charges for screen printed plastics, and CPR had JP plastics listed as acquired for a potential run at some point in the future.

Edit: That's not a full set. They don't have the blue slings, and am I correct that I'm not seeing the upper left corner plastic? That one's actually broken on my game so this set won't work for me if not included.

Here's a pic of what I think is the full set: http://mad-amusements.com/img/p/1378-1910-thickbox.jpg

#2369 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Ok guys, have to be honest here... they don't look right with lights on.

Well... that's sucks. Let us know how the return works out.

Hopefully CPR will release a set soon!

1 week later
#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:Judging by what is sold as "licensed" I don't think the copyright owners care too much about quality (wms and stern).
Also we have pretty strict copyright laws in Germany. Selling copyrighted material without license could pretty much mean closing your shop.
Also, i got offered to talk to Stern about a production run of plastics. As long as money flows, they don't care too much I'd say.

The Bally / Williams items made or approved by Planetary, the aftermarket parts for various brands of pins you can buy on Marco, or PBR Gottlieb products tend to be very good quality in my opinion. Not not to mention places like CPR, or the folks (I can't remember who is now the official people) who make repro B/W ramps tend to do outstanding jobs too. Maybe we just have a confusion about what licensed means?

I do believe Stern does care about quality. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought some of the wait for the 6.0 JP ROMs was review / approval by Stern?

8 months later
#3108 7 years ago

As seen here, some JP fans were quicker to the punch in alerting themselves to these last night (in the wee hours) than me getting this announcement up during 'primetime' the day after.

Regardless, CPR would like to announce we have completed the DE Jurassic Park plastics sets, and they are shipping now.

Available in the plastics section of our Store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Detailed gallery is posted (linked in the Store entry).

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

jpplas01.jpgjpplas01.jpg

#3112 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are they supposed to be that blue? That blue looks too deep to me. Maybe its the white backing?

That can be hard to judge from pictures, but there's also the potential for stock plastics to have faded a bit, and maybe they had references for original color codes? In my opinion, with repro plastics you're better off installing the full set and not mixing in old plastics. That way you're getting consistent colors, if any variations from stock exist.

The fact of the matter is that unless you find a NOS set, CPR's are always going to be THE best option for the price.

#3116 7 years ago

Am I correct that CPR's raptor pit plastic is altered from stock around the hole where the amber block's bulb wiring is routed? I've removed my plastics before and recall having to desolder some bulbs to get that one off. If it's a change, it's probably for the better because you would be able to remove the plastic without messing with unwiring the bulbs.

1 week later
#3135 7 years ago

I received my CPR plastics. Overall they seem decent, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, probably THE best option outside of an overpriced unavailable NOS set, or the incomplete direct printed German set, but as I suspect is often the case where repro art has to be redrawn from scratch, close comparisons to the originals are likely going to lead to disappointment.

Just a quick comparison between a stock blue sling and the repro: The repro blue is darker. The repro has some loss in detail where the stock image had finer black lines and the repro's lines are thicker, causing details to be lost. This particular plastic has a dithered dot pattern going from white to full blue. The dot pattern is different and flowing a slightly different direction.

I am disappointed by the loss of detail, but the fact is that we're not going to see a better offering for these from here on out.

I won't be able to get around to installing these for any kind of full review any time soon. I'll be interested to read reviews from others with concern for light transmission, fit, etc.

#3137 7 years ago

I also got mine today and I agree with winteriscoming and @meloyelo51.

Two points to note:

1. CPR plastics are MUCH thicker than the originals, which is great.
2. Although the blue is darker (more of a royal blue than original), I think it has the possibility to look better than stock.

I'll be installing some plastics for a direct comparison tomorrow night.

Here's some quick photos I took:

20170322_222705 (resized).jpg20170322_222705 (resized).jpg

20170322_222923 (resized).jpg20170322_222923 (resized).jpg

***Note, I haven't peeled the frond and back protective layers, so these pieces look a bit duller on the floor.

20170322_223019 (resized).jpg20170322_223019 (resized).jpg
20170322_223121 (resized).jpg20170322_223121 (resized).jpg
20170322_223136 (resized).jpg20170322_223136 (resized).jpg

Terrible light job, but that's all I have at this time of night.

#3147 7 years ago

Here are some more comparison shots that I was able to get tonight:

Side by side, power off:
20170324_201848 (resized).jpg20170324_201848 (resized).jpg

20170324_202153 (resized).jpg20170324_202153 (resized).jpg

Power On:

For power on, I put in two brand new Comet Pinball SMD 2835 bulbs.

20170324_202446 (resized).jpg20170324_202446 (resized).jpg

New CPR, Power on:
20170324_202451 (resized).jpg20170324_202451 (resized).jpg

Original Power on:
20170324_202455 (resized).jpg20170324_202455 (resized).jpg

My earlier post was pretty optimistic that perhaps the darker blue may be "more dynamic", but honestly I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed by these. In my opinion, you would not be able to mix together the two sets of plastics (much like I have done with other CPR sets Like DESW).

#3150 7 years ago

Hmm, these look a lot different from the originals.

We were going to produce a mini kit for JP but held off once I heard CPR were doing a set. Apart from the color differences and light pass issues the lines look a little heavy as if the art has been autotraced in Illustrator, hence why some detail is lost.

I think we'll go ahead with our mini kit and get as close to original as possible.

#3153 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

I think we'll go ahead with our mini kit and get as close to original as possible.

What would a mini kit include? I feel like I have so many broken originals that some will get left out if a repro kit isn't full.

Quoted from comment23:

My earlier post was pretty optimistic that perhaps the darker blue may be "more dynamic", but honestly I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed by these. In my opinion, you would not be able to mix together the two sets of plastics (much like I have done with other CPR sets Like DESW).

I'm disappointed about the darker blue more now seeing it installed on the pf in your pics. You can see where the stock blue plastics match the pf, but the repro blue is a new color added into the mix. I wonder what they were referencing to come up with such a darker Pantone color. On one hand I'm glad CPR made them, but as a big fan of this pin, it kind of sucks to have to settle for something less than perfect.

I'm not entirely up to speed on the CPR process, but it seems like there should be some kind of peer review process to ensure correct colors... or maybe do more crowd sourcing for some things like post a pic of the plastic being used for reference next to Pantone swatches noting the intended color. Those of us who own a machine and Pantone books could weigh in. Maybe post general pics of the set of plastics being referenced and see if owners notice issues compared to their set.

I would have gladly participated for free in order to get a perfect JP set.

Maybe the set CPR referenced truly was darker with thicker lines than what most of us have?

#3154 7 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

What would a mini kit include? I feel like I have so many broken originals that some will get left out if a repro kit isn't full.

I'm disappointed about the darker blue more now seeing it installed on the pf in your pics. You can see where the stock blue plastics match the pf, but the repro blue is a new color added into the mix. I wonder what they were referencing to come up with such a darker Pantone color. On one hand I'm glad CPR made them, but as a big fan of this pin, it kind of sucks to have to settle for something less than perfect.
I'm not entirely up to speed on the CPR process, but it seems like there should be some kind of peer review process to ensure correct colors... or maybe do more crowd sourcing for some things like post a pic of the plastic being used for reference next to Pantone swatches noting the intended color. Those of us who own a machine and Pantone books could weigh in. Maybe post general pics of the set of plastics being referenced and see if owners notice issues compared to their set.
I would have gladly participated for free in order to get a perfect JP set.
Maybe the set CPR referenced truly was darker with thicker lines than what most of us have?

I think CPR just has a problem with blue. The blues are too dark in JP, LW3 and F14. That's just the ones that I know about.

And as far as the mini kit goes. If you have broken plastics then the rest probably don't look that good. When I restore a game, I want all new stuff. Why not have both options?

#3155 7 years ago

Has anyone that has purchased these from CPR sent them an email with your concerns?

#3157 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I think CPR just has a problem with blue. The blues are too dark in JP, LW3 and F14. That's just the ones that I know about.
And as far as the mini kit goes. If you have broken plastics then the rest probably don't look that good. When I restore a game, I want all new stuff. Why not have both options?

Blue is actually the hardest of all colors to match when you're designing something on computer to be printed.

May look into making a full set available but no promises. CPR have got these.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#3158 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Blue is actually the hardest of all colors to match when you're designing something on computer to be printed.

Isn't CPR doing silk screening, though, and I wouldn't think they are referencing the colors from the scans. The scans would be for reference when tracing layers into vectors, but having actual plastics in hand would be required to figure out actual colors compared to Pantone swatches. At which point the colors for the layers in the vector program don't mean anything. They're just used to create silk screens and then Pantone coded inks would be used for each layer when screen printing.

If CPR, or anyone else reproducing these, are referencing colors solely from scans without having actual plastics in hand, then that's a terrible process.

If anyone is designing repro plastics for direct printing, I would think they could use something like Pantone and figure out what from the printer matches the Pantone colors before committing to a run. Lock down whatever the colors need to be for the printer in question and then print them.

Having said all that, I'm not a professional in this field, so I'd be happy to be educated on why my assumptions aren't correct.

#3180 7 years ago

TOO DARK. Light doesnt even pass!

While I appreciate CPR deeply, I don't understand why the blue's can't be color matched. I had the same frustration with the repro Space Shuttle plastics. Minor details I understand since it is being redrawn but the blue's are just so off and it isn't due to fade. Prob gonna pick up a set but I didn't really want to swap out everything.

#3192 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

While I appreciate CPR deeply, I don't understand why the blue's can't be color matched. I had the same frustration with the repro Space Shuttle plastics. Minor details I understand since it is being redrawn but the blue's are just so off and it isn't due to fade. Prob gonna pick up a set but I didn't really want to swap out everything.

I contacted cpr and they said they were color matched off of a NOS set - I guess a well hidden from light set. Mine are going back just have to get around to shipping them.

#3193 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I contacted cpr and they said they were color matched off of a NOS set - I guess a well hidden from light set. Mine are going back just have to get around to shipping them.

They told me the same thing when I bought my Space Shuttle set. I googled a NOS set on google images for JP and they are light blue...not dark blue. I wasn't wrong about SS and you guys aren't wrong about this JP set. For some reason they aren't nailing the colors on some of these sets. I love CPR but I had a Bad Cats set that was off, Space Shuttle set that was off and now it seems JP suffers from this issue too. I wish they would run prototypes for collectors so we could help get it right and in turn help them get more sales!

#3194 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Edited as a got a pretty quick response this time...maybe something happened to the email

But to post a little more detail in the response about the process and official response: (not the entire email)
"The entire set is meant to be replaced, with the originals going away and fogotten forever. Mix-n-match never usually happens with repro sets and originals together. That was never their point, I guess."

"The blue is matched to an NOS set, where Stu chose the Pantone match of every color on the NOS set, as seen in his studio under 4000 lumen 5500K light, alongside an official Pantone swatch book. Then those inks were mixed to the exact Pantone spot colors, and printed as seen. Gamma is also considered in the mix, to counter "washout" when illuminated. The final intended tone is that blue when BACKLIT. Which adds 20-30% Gamma into the color (bringing it up to tone)."

"We just ran 200 sets, and half are sold now. Only 2 people have spoken up thus far, and written in questions about the blue so far (out of 100 people). I can't change the 200 sets - and we aren't re-running We just made 200 sets "

"We'd hope if folks have grievances with not liking the blue - they'd clearly see it in the very detailed pictures, and not buy."

"I always simply say it - install and enjoy... forget the originals. Put them away."

"If that's no good, we always accept a full return for refund. Nobody is stuck with any CPR product they are not happy with."

I guess I can't disagree with this as we did question the blue before ordering, and still ordered. Looking back at his post, they look even bluer in the photo. I am curious what their intended backlight was, as incandescent vs led vs superbright led etc may come into play as well as would with regular plastics. I emailed again to ask about recommended backlighting and got his auto response that Kevin will be out till the 13th and not responding to email

So the bottom line is if you want a set, they are half sold out, and will not be making another run. If you have a set and are not happy, they will accept a return.

#3196 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

will hold off in hopes that they correct the blues from what you all say it's like now.

I doubt we'll see that. I think they do a run and move on.

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I wish they would run prototypes for collectors so we could help get it right and in turn help them get more sales!

I don't know if prototypes would be feasible since that would require a full investment for screens equal to the final run. They'd want to address issues before having anything physical in place. Though there's got to be some way of getting input from big fans of a given pin who can act as representatives of the Pinside base of owners, ensuring that fans are happy and that CPR gets maximum sales from satisfied customers. That is assuming Pinside is a significant portion of their customer base, which we may not be.

Has anyone in this thread who has purchased the set been satisfied?

I may hold onto my set, but I'm still curious to see pics and reviews of a full install. I won't be able to work on mine for a long time.

3 weeks later
#3209 7 years ago

Thought this was interesting concerning the CPR plastic colors. This is a copy of the JP flyer, look at the flipper plastics, they are a darker blue than the rest...

jpFlyerRear (resized).jpgjpFlyerRear (resized).jpg

#3211 7 years ago
Quoted from stwicks:

Thought this was interesting concerning the CPR plastic colors. This is a copy of the JP flyer, look at the flipper plastics, they are a darker blue than the rest...

Yes but it's ONLY the flipper plastics. All of the CPR plastics came out too dark - or all of the blue is too faded on my entire playfield while none of the reds on my playfield or cab show this fading, however you wanna look at it.

1 month later
#3291 6 years ago

I've been working on shopping out my JP and just finished putting on the new plastics from CPR.
Just thought I'd throw some pics up for reference for anyone considering buying the plastic set. As other have said, the blue is darker than the originals. Also, I kept the original back playfield plastic since it lit up better once I did the lighting mod. The repro plastics are definitely more opaque than the originals.

0611170703a (resized).jpg0611170703a (resized).jpg
0609172124c (resized).jpg0609172124c (resized).jpg
0611170703c (resized).jpg0611170703c (resized).jpg
0609172124i (resized).jpg0609172124i (resized).jpg
0611170703b (resized).jpg0611170703b (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#3353 6 years ago

I just swapped in my CPR plastic set and have many good original plastics I will photograph to sell.

I am not going to ship out dozens of individual plastics so expect a single listing for about $100 in the next day or so.

#3356 6 years ago

I have an extra CPR plastic set if anyone needs. Bought 2 by accident

5 months later
#3952 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Shameless bumps for slingshot plastics (red/orange or blue)

All those cpr orders and no extra plastics? I really just need the left but I’d buy both so the colors match better!!

2 months later
#4293 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anybody know where I can score a new set of JP plastics? Seems like everyone in the U.S. is sold out.

I checked and it looks like all of the CPR distributors worldwide are also sold out of JP plastic sets.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/distributors.html

Good luck, maybe you will find someone who is holding a spare set that will be willing to part with it. You may want to drop an email to CPR to inquire if they will run JP plastic sets again as there seems to be a market for it.

Gord

#4303 6 years ago

Looking for a nice back panel plastic. I have a reproduction (non CPR) but would be interested in an original or CPR if someone has one.

Thanks

6 months later
#4526 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Welcome to the club! With all of your knowledge and the cool upgrades you do with machines it should be a blast having you own one.

Thanks! As 1st step, I've ordered CPR plastic set and plastic protectors from Pinbits. And yes, a well refurbished and nicely (but not heavily) modded JP is looking really good.

#4530 5 years ago

Cpr just added Jurassic park to the "some day" playfields list y'all.

2 months later
#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Maybe it is just the time of year?

Better get 'em while they're hot! 10k by Christmas!

I can appreciate the distance a game is as a factor in whether or not the price is worth it. If a game you want is going for cheaper several states away, that's going to be a costly trip to pick it up or ship it without an in-person inspection. It may be worth a premium to get a game that's closer and available now. Those who wait patiently for great deals aren't playing the game they want in the mean-time!

I expect in time that we'll be able to get most of the parts needed to refresh a JP, so it might be ok to get a less than perfect example now if the price is right. Then determine if it's a keeper worth investing (i.e. wasting - with no intention of recouping in a future sale - for the fun of it) in for improvements. Plastics are available from CPR, and I think they'll have JP playfields at some point. Their new business model will result in the things they offer being perpetually available. If there's demand, ramps will probably eventually be made by someone. Repro translites are available. The cabinet artwork is relatively simplistic and would be possible to restore if skilled enough (or invest in services of others), or there are decals available from somewhere, I think. Toppers are available. Perhaps figure out the costs of the parts that are currently available that you'd want to replace on the one you're buying and see if you can haggle down accordingly.

Stock T-rex plastic parts are hard to come by if you get one that's not great, but I've made an improved-looking replacement that I hope to make more available for sale soon. It's not cheap, but this is not a cheap hobby.

1 month later
#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey All,
Has anyone else ever dreamt of a new playfield for JP?
I have for years and have even purchased a used playfield in hopes of having it scanned (for reference), then sanded down (scanned again for reference) and then reworking the full art package. Thought of using photoshop with 4K images pulled from the DVD and mixing these with some effects etc... The thought of approaching someone to rework the art digitally is even more appealing. Having this type of talent on it would be awesome!!
http://www.kylelambert.com/gallery/jurassic-park/
If anyone is interested and wants to discuss a way forward that would be great.

Cpr has this game in their to do list

#4833 5 years ago

Now THAT would be epic. Never gonna happen though. Mirco playfields right now are about $1000 with the original art. I would expect that to increase by $500 each if an artist needs to be paid for his work. Unless you find some one to do this cheap, a $1500 playfield is crazy.

Hardtop?

CPR is repro of the original. I wonder if they'd sell a PF without art.

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hardtop?
CPR is repro of the original. I wonder if they'd sell a PF without art.

CPR's upcoming business model is going to be playfields on demand. If you get a design down that's conducive to their new process, I think they'll make whatever you want.

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I've contacted him without success. My idea was to create a new translite based on that movie poster.

He looks to be in demand and is the 'official' artist for Stranger Things and the like. I wonder if it is a license IP type of thing.
It would have been nice to at least respond to your inquiry.

If not him, someone else. This world is full of amazing talent

@winteriscoming, maybe I'll reach out to Kevin at CPR to see what his thoughts are. Thanks!

2 months later
#5298 5 years ago

I spent couple weeks working on JP. Totally worth it. Kids and I all love it. Replace bad switches, resoldering bad wire connections, got full LED kit, new Titan rubber, new Topper, printed new instruction cards, Pinsound Plus with OST mix and speaker upgrades. It still has some problems such as bad EOS (will replace it or rebuild the flippers some day), some broken plastic (already ordered new set from CPR) and still thinking about repair the scoop damage with Quickwood then install Cliffy on it (maybe or maybe not). I think JP needs a PDI or invisiglass (You can see the difference between JP and WOZ).

Thanks to my friend fnosm went with me to check and haul the game back to my house. Also thanks to everyone in this thread helps me to figure out the issues.
IMG_5094 (resized).jpgIMG_5094 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgIMG_5108 (resized).jpgIMG_5108 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Yup, bent.[quoted image]

Are those CPR plastics?

3 weeks later
#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Hi All,
I'm looking to buy a high quality JP replacement plastics set - curious if there's a particularly well liked & respected place that the group prefers to buy them from?

I'm not sure if anyone has posted results for JP plastics from CPR since their move to digital printing. There's a company out of Europe who has an incomplete set, and I believe the review of their quality indicated they were unacceptable. The screen printed CPR sets have had generally positive reviews with the caveat that the blue is much darker than stock, necessitating swapping out all plastics. I don't think they're offering screen printed sets of them anymore, so new JP plastic purchases from CPR are likely from their on-demand digital printing process.

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I asked in their announcement thread about digital printing, and they'll allow you to define your own colors if you want. However, I also read that the screen printed colors were aiming for the correct color when illuminated, so I'm not sure if that's a factor in the digital printed versions. I'd prefer the colors to match the stock unlit plastics, but I haven't put any effort into identifying the Pantone colors.

I have no idea what the original Pantone color designations are from the manufacturer, but I do own a Pantone color bridge (coated and non-coated). I'm sure I could provide some Pantone values that are close for both solid and process color. I would assume CPR's digital print is process color based, but would have to ask them. The reason this is important is because the same Pantone value will generate a different looking color for solid vs. processed. There are also other factors that impact color production on a process color system (i.e. combining multiple base colors to produce another color) such as rendering profile, number/color of base inks (CMYK or CMYK+), etc., but I assume they have their equipment calibrated to accurately hit the Pantone standards as best they can. Important thing would be to discuss in detail with them, and then to actually see a proof in person.

#5650 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have no idea what the original Pantone color designations are from the manufacturer, but I do own a Pantone color bridge (coated and non-coated). I'm sure I could provide some Pantone values that are close for both solid and process color. I would assume CPR's digital print is process color based, but would have to ask them. The reason this is important is because the same Pantone value will generate a different looking color for solid vs. processed. There are also other factors that impact color production on a process color system (i.e. combining multiple base colors to produce another color) such as rendering profile, number/color of base inks (CMYK or CMYK+), etc., but I assume they have their equipment calibrated to accurately hit the Pantone standards as best they can. Important thing would be to discuss in detail with them, and then to actually see a proof in person.

It's one of those things I'd love to have happen if someone else does it. If it's left up to me, I'll probably not bother. I have a CPR set, but I still have my old originals installed in the game with some DIY repairs and a DIY control room plastic that I hand painted.

10 months later
#7356 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It seems it's time to find a gofunding project for high quality JP plastics based on original colors, and screen printed technology...
I know, copyright...

You can purchase a full set from CPR: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/jurassic-park

#7357 4 years ago

I have a CPR set. I am not impressed.

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have a CPR set. I am not impressed.

I just know of them, so your negative firsthand experience with them is definitely more meaningful. Can't remember if you posted your critique or not in the past, but I think I vaguely recall you mentioning it.

Only thing I've purchased from CPR are custom plastics I had made, but they were clear with no art on them. CPR did an excellent job and the parts were perfect.

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just know of them, so your negative firsthand experience with them is definitely more meaningful. Can't remember if you posted your critique or not in the past, but I think I vaguely recall you mentioning it.
Only thing I've purchased from CPR are custom plastics I had made, but they were clear with no art on them. CPR did an excellent job and the parts were perfect.

No, wasn't me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tq=CPR&tu=

6 months later
#8059 3 years ago

Leaving the club...

I am going to sell:
Brand new full CPR plastic set
New plastic protector set (Pinbits)
Bumper cap set (with T-rex on it)
GI controller board (EnerGI Maestro).

Before I upload to Market one by one, any interest about a good package deal (no worries, I am going to pay fee in any case)? Please send me a PM.
Maybe I can throw in my last ball through opto board into the package.

Thanks.

2 months later
#8301 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Does anyone have a lead on a great condition PF? Great to me means little to no scoop wear and good oranges/reds

Been looking haven't seen much.
CPR had it on a interest list for while but they aren't doing that anymore, don't know what happened from there on.

9 months later
#8902 2 years ago

If anyone has raptor pit and the one on the Rt side by the upper flipper plastics (original) that they would be willing to sell, please PM me. I already have broken ones so only plastic in good condition please. Also do not want the CPR reproductions as the colors are a bit off from the originals. For references the plastics I am in search of are circled in red on the att shed picture.

Thanks,
Phil

AEADCF71-BFF7-4D43-8460-7A8F55A0AD41 (resized).jpegAEADCF71-BFF7-4D43-8460-7A8F55A0AD41 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#9152 2 years ago

A little disappointed in the CPR plastic set. Less detail and much darker than the original plastics. I'm holding the original plastics next to the installed CPR plastics in these photos.

IMG20220302212237 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212237 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212309 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212309 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9197 2 years ago

Does anyone have the CPR Mirrored backglass? if so, thoughts? pics?

1 week later
#9207 2 years ago

Hello Everyone -- For anyone curious, I pulled the trigger on the CPR Mirrored JP backglass and thought I would share my findings incase anyone else was curious.

Pics below are a side by side and what it looks like in my machine.

In terms of a review - I would say that the colors definitely feel more vibrant, especially the sky and Rex. However I find that the mirror effect is kinda lost during gameplay. Worth noting is that it shipped really quickly, and was packaged incredibly well. Overall I would say that while it does look pretty good, unless you're missing the translite, I don't know think I would recommend this as a 'must buy' mod -- I kinda fell in love with @mr_tantrum's custom mirrored backless, so I wanted to give this one a try however I find it lacks the 'wow' factor of his custom job.

If anyone wants additional pics, vids etc just lemme know.

IMG_7924 (resized).jpgIMG_7924 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-18 at 7.25.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-18 at 7.25.21 PM (resized).png
4 months later
#9494 1 year ago

I replaced my DE Star Wars translite for the CPR mirrored backglass. It was my First machine and I swapped it out for the CPR backglass shortly after I got it. I boxed up the original and haven’t really thought about it since then. I think I’ll probably do the same for my Jurassic Park.

1 year later
#10002 85 days ago

Probably more than you want to spend considering you only need one piece, but CPR sells playfield plastics and appears to have them in stock:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/jurassic-park/

Curious about your generic scoop protectors too; where did you find them? eBay? I've been wanting a set for ages but like others have noted, Cliff's just one guy and the current wait time... Ooof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "CPR".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tq=CPR&tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.