IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 203.
#4801 5 years ago

Insert drewling emoji

#4802 5 years ago

Guys if you could help diagnosing my new JP here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-blowing-f5-on-ppb-board#post-4744771

It would be great. Thanks!

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Correct!
The ball trough design by Data East is not the most reliable mech in pinball. I have tried new microswitches, old Cherry switches, finetuned the angle - without stable result. I have also sanded the ball trough.
Then, I started to think about a non-contact based solution. There is a reason why Bally/Williams introduced opto boards, and the answer is not cost saving.
My goal was to create an opto board, without any modification of ball trough (no drilling): this means a transceiver and receiver in 1 board, 2 in 1. Therefore, the classic solution (infrared light interrupted by ball), doesn't work here.
No more waiting after ball drain, no more ball search due to clogging. I guess it works in GNR, Tommy, Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt, and WWFRR.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4804 5 years ago

Thank you for nice feedbacks!

I've got some inquiries about this board.
I can create few more, if demand is there (not dozens, it is really time consuming to build one).
Please contact me via PM.
Note: 12V is required from backbox or from external supply (in case you have many mods, extra supply is recommended anyway).

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thank you for nice feedbacks!
I've got some inquiries about this board.
I can create few more, if demand is there (not dozens, it is really time consuming to build one).
Please contact me via PM.
Note: 12V is required from backbox or from external supply (in case you have many mods, extra supply is recommended anyway).

I'm in a similar situation with an arcade-related PCB I designed. I like having it for my own use, and have shared it with a couple others, but I have no desire to assemble and sell them to others because it's not worth it. You might find someone who is willing to partner with you to manage sales of kits or assembled versions, and you take a cut without the work.

I wouldn't do it, but another option would be to release the design and BOM publicly and let others deal with PCB manufacturing and assembly on their own, with no support.

Of course your 3rd option is just to tease us with something we can't have!

#4807 5 years ago

Damn, just when I thought all the replacement stuff was already out there.

I'd be super interested if the price was right.

1 week later
#4808 5 years ago

Here is an example of external power supply box:

20181223_193455 (resized).jpg20181223_193455 (resized).jpg20181223_194002 (resized).jpg20181223_194002 (resized).jpg
#4809 5 years ago

Damn man, thats pretty dope! My external ps is like a laptop power supply. Wonder if I could open it and stuff its guts in a nicer looking case like that. Well done.

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Damn man, thats pretty dope! My external ps is like a laptop power supply. Wonder if I could open it and stuff its guts in a nicer looking case like that. Well done.

Thank you

#4811 5 years ago

I'll take one of each! Lorg knows we could all use a better trough system!

#4812 5 years ago

Ive been playing my game a lot lately. Pinsound seems like an inevitable upgrade. I have been watching videos on youtube and listened to a few different machines with a pinsound and the new sound orchestration. Does any one else think that the beginning intro music is way too quiet and underwhelming compared to the original? I like that its the REAL movie music, but it seems SO quiet. The "welcome to jurassic park" is super quiet too, it sounds like its a clip of the audio from when they enter the gate in the movie. Doesnt give me that "HERE WE GO" feeling. The music while you play is very quiet as well, doesnt get my blood pumping at all. Almost sounds like a lullaby, lol.

I dunno...I figure this is the next major mod for this game...just not sure its worth the money if I am not going to like it. I also dont have time or talent to do my own re-orchestration.

Opinions wanted.

#4813 5 years ago

Ive been playing my game a lot lately. Pinsound seems like an inevitable upgrade. I have been watching videos on youtube and listened to a few different machines with a pinsound and the new sound orchestration. Does any one else think that the beginning intro music is way too quiet and underwhelming compared to the original? I like that its the REAL movie music, but it seems SO quiet. The "welcome to jurassic park" is super quiet too, it sounds like its a clip of the audio from when they enter the gate in the movie. Doesnt give me that "HERE WE GO" feeling. The music while you play is very quiet as well, doesnt get my blood pumping at all. Almost sounds like a lullaby, lol.
I dunno...I figure this is the next major mod for this game...just not sure its worth the money if I am not going to like it. I also dont have time or talent to do my own re-orchestration.
Opinions wanted.

You can adjust the volume of musics, voices, sfx and jingles by directory and also by single files (subdirectory). There is a gain.txt in almost every folder. If you want the music quieter, put a lower number. If you want it louder, but a bigger number.

But before any change, read this, by the author (he is talking about IJ mix):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/3#post-2310492

#4814 5 years ago

Opinions wanted.

I have it in mine and it is amazing. I have a Sub hooked up and it sounds superb. This sound package/theme really lend itself to the sub with all the deep sounds. Its by far the best sounding pin in my collection.

#4815 5 years ago

OK, two glowing reviews, that was fast.

#4816 5 years ago

I've got a questions about the Pinsound board. For someone who wants to keep all the stock sounds, would it still be worth it? Subwoofer has already made a big difference. Replacing the stock speakers and in-cab sub didn't do a whole lot. Do stock sounds sound any better with Pinsound?

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Do stock sounds sound any better with Pinsound?

I THINK the answer to this is yes. After looking at everything, and reading a lot, people say the better amp, and independent treble, bass, controls make the stock sounds better.

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I've got a questions about the Pinsound board. For someone who wants to keep all the stock sounds, would it still be worth it? Subwoofer has already made a big difference. Replacing the stock speakers and in-cab sub didn't do a whole lot. Do stock sounds sound any better with Pinsound?

I not sure what the point would be if you don't change the sounds. I have put stock sounds in for testing and I cant see any noticeable difference. Maybe someone else can chime in on this but its a lot of money to spend for the same sounds. Personally I would put an external sub for two reasons. First, there is only so much a cabinet sub can do. Second, in my experience it tends to rattle any part of the game that is not tight. These cabinets are 25 years old and have a lot of rattling parts. An external sub takes that out of the equation. In fact, in the VP I built, to just removed the lower cab speaker al together and added an external sub and it sounds awesome.

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I not sure what the point would be if you don't change the sounds. I have put stock sounds in for testing and I cant see any noticeable difference.

This is exactly why I haven't gotten the Pinsound board. Why spend that money if it makes no difference. Or at least enough difference to justify the costs. Having grown up with this pin, I want it to sound pure stock. So, while the new mix does sound good, it's not 100% accurate. Any other pin, I'd be all in for replacing because I just wouldn't care enough.

Already have the external sub, so yeah, that's made a big difference. Was just curious as to what kind of difference the Pinsound board would make if it was left stock. So it sounds like I've been correct in not getting one.

I just wasn't sure if maybe the stock tracks were actually higher quality than what the stock sound board could produce. Doesn't sound to be.

#4820 5 years ago

DE pins are notorious for speaker hum noise in a quiet environment from the insert lamp and DMD interference. The Pinsound would resolve that.

#4821 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

DE pins are notorious for speaker hum noise in a quiet environment from the insert lamp and DMD interference. The Pinsound would resolve that.

Honestly this is why I’ve thought about getting one even though I’d keep stock sounds. Get rid of the hum for good.

#4822 5 years ago

Guys:

Having a weird issue w T. rex.

Passes start up diagnostics and in testing but sometimes during game play he won’t go bend down. I can hear the motor running though.

I ran coil test and notice that neither relays (the power on/off and the up/down) don’t fire. They are number #14 & #15 in coil test. Shouldn’t they click during diagnostics?

Anyone have any ideas? I checked for loose wires but nothing. Where are the relays for those two coil tests?

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys:
Having a weird issue w T. rex.
Passes start up diagnostics and in testing but sometimes during game play he won’t go bend down. I can hear the motor running though.
I ran coil test and notice that neither relays (the power on/off and the up/down) don’t fire. They are number #14 & #15 in coil test. Shouldn’t they click during diagnostics?
Anyone have any ideas? I checked for loose wires but nothing. Where are the relays for those two coil tests?

Bottom side of pf (zoom of HEP picture):

Screenshot_20190103-012521_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190103-012521_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4824 5 years ago

Thanks Davi.

If neither click during diagnostics, but sometimes work during the game, what’s this mean? How should I troubleshoot?

I did try jiggling them during diagnostics to
See if maybe cold solder joints, but nothing worked.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If neither click during diagnostics, but sometimes work during the game, what’s this mean? How should I troubleshoot?

As a good start, check this, good inputs by winteriscoming.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-jurassic-park-t-rex-wont-go-down

#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I dont sit next to my pins close enough that the hum bothers me. Theyre on the other side of the room. Usually I have music going as well.

woody24 makes a good point, and i am glad he is chiming in. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the way this pin sounds already, and wish for an “upgrade” like the one done for t2. Original sounds, new enhanced and re-orchestrated package or something.

The new sound file is cool, but I feel like its just not right. Something about the pace. I dont love it yet. Any one local have a jp with a pinsound?

I think a sub is in order first. Did you disconnect the cab sub completely? Never added an external sub. Pretty sure i just tap off the cab sub ports. Just wasnt sure if I disconnect cab sub too.

#4827 5 years ago

woody24 makes a good point, and i am glad he is chiming in. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the way this pin sounds already, and wish for an “upgrade” like the one done for t2. Original sounds, new enhanced and re-orchestrated package or something.

The new sound file is cool, but I feel like its just not right. Something about the pace. I dont love it yet. Any one local have a jp with a pinsound?

I think a sub is in order first. Did you disconnect the cab sub completely? Never added an external sub. Pretty sure i just tap off the cab sub ports. Just wasnt sure if I disconnect cab sub too.

If they used original sounds from the movie, and didn't make their own for this pin, I'd for sure love to try my hand at creating a 1 to 1 mix of the sound. But yeah, too fond of the original to mix it up.

When I did my external sub, I left the cabinet one connected, and just took the positive to positive, negative to negative directly to the sub in the cab. Super simple process.

#4828 5 years ago

Weird thing with the humming is
When i disconnected my right speaker my hum went away

#4829 5 years ago

Hey All,

Has anyone else ever dreamt of a new playfield for JP?

I have for years and have even purchased a used playfield in hopes of having it scanned (for reference), then sanded down (scanned again for reference) and then reworking the full art package. Thought of using photoshop with 4K images pulled from the DVD and mixing these with some effects etc... The thought of approaching someone to rework the art digitally is even more appealing. Having this type of talent on it would be awesome!!

http://www.kylelambert.com/gallery/jurassic-park/

If anyone is interested and wants to discuss a way forward that would be great.

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey All,
I have for years and have even purchased a used playfield in hopes of having it scanned (for reference), then sanded down (scanned again for reference) and then reworking the full art package. Thought of using photoshop with 4K images pulled from the DVD and mixing these with some effects etc... The thought of approaching someone to rework the art digitally is even more appealing. Having this type of talent on it would be awesome!!

Now THAT would be epic. Never gonna happen though. Mirco playfields right now are about $1000 with the original art. I would expect that to increase by $500 each if an artist needs to be paid for his work. Unless you find some one to do this cheap, a $1500 playfield is crazy.

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey All,

Cpr has this game in their to do list

#4832 5 years ago

So my relays for T Rex up/down and on/off (coil diagnostics #14 and #15) don't click during diagnostics. However, T Rex seems to work fine during game play and calibrates fine at start up.

Are those two relays supposed to click when pulsed during coil test? If they're not functioning in test mode, why is T Rex working ok then?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running code 5.01 for the moment.

#4833 5 years ago

Now THAT would be epic. Never gonna happen though. Mirco playfields right now are about $1000 with the original art. I would expect that to increase by $500 each if an artist needs to be paid for his work. Unless you find some one to do this cheap, a $1500 playfield is crazy.

Hardtop?

CPR is repro of the original. I wonder if they'd sell a PF without art.

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Weird thing with the humming is
When i disconnected my right speaker my hum went away

Same here. I believe the right speaker is the tweeter that best reproduces that high frequency mosquito hum/buzz.

Several posters in the DE hum thread noticed that the hum improved when they upgraded the speakers. I guess the upgraded speakers just don't reproduce that frequency very well or something else less likely is occurring.

Also keep in mind that the DMD itself on DE pins can also buzz quite a bit, and you may have had the DMD unplugged when testing. I think the DMD buzz is due to the flimsy plastic speaker panel compared to the wood speaker panel on B/W pins which I think blocks that buzz better.

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey All,

I've contacted him without success. My idea was to create a new translite based on that movie poster.

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hardtop?
CPR is repro of the original. I wonder if they'd sell a PF without art.

CPR's upcoming business model is going to be playfields on demand. If you get a design down that's conducive to their new process, I think they'll make whatever you want.

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I've contacted him without success. My idea was to create a new translite based on that movie poster.

He looks to be in demand and is the 'official' artist for Stranger Things and the like. I wonder if it is a license IP type of thing.
It would have been nice to at least respond to your inquiry.

If not him, someone else. This world is full of amazing talent

@winteriscoming, maybe I'll reach out to Kevin at CPR to see what his thoughts are. Thanks!

#4838 5 years ago

Someone has completely redrawn the art on this JP virtual table.

https://vpinball.com/bb_project/jurassic-park-t-rex-update-wip/

It would be awesome to get a hires copy of this art, would save me from trying to bastardize a 20+ section scan of my used playfield. No matter how many times I have tried to stitch it, everything is off or slightly off on one or more sides of a section

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Someone has completely redrawn the art on this JP virtual table.
https://vpinball.com/bb_project/jurassic-park-t-rex-update-wip/
It would be awesome to get a hires copy of this art, would save me from trying to bastardize a 20+ section scan of my used playfield. No matter how many times I have tried to stitch it, everything is off or slightly off on one or more sides of a section

Dang! I need to figure out how to get VPinball to work. Last time I tried, I couldn't figure out. Was over my head.

#4840 5 years ago

That vpinball table is why I ended up buying the real machine A great recreation

#4841 5 years ago

Hey what’s the shop out like on jp?

Easy? Hard?

Anything of note?

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Dang! I need to figure out how to get VPinball to work. Last time I tried, I couldn't figure out. Was over my head.

That table that I linked to is killer. Amazing talent!

I think that there are a few 'package installers' available that should help automate much of the config.You might have to create an account at one or more of the VP related sites to gain access however.

I love the JP theme and think that with all of the other mods, (Chris' new code, Jim's T-Rex, the colour display and pinsound and the cool add-ons), this can really use a complete art forklift. The original will always be the original but I've never liked the 'sharpie' like artwork. As a one off in a collection it's OK but I had LW3, SW, JP, LAH (might be missing another), all in my collection at one point. With all due respect to Markus Rothkranz, the styling is 'blah' for me.

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That table that I linked to is killer. Amazing talent!
I think that there are a few 'package installers' available that should help automate much of the config.You might have to create an account at one or more of the VP related sites to gain access however.
I love the JP theme and think that with all of the other mods, (Chris' new code, Jim's T-Rex, the colour display and pinsound and the cool add-ons), this can really use a complete art forklift. The original will always be the original but I've never liked the 'sharpie' like artwork. As a one off in a collection it's OK but I had LW3, SW, JP, LAH (might be missing another), all in my collection at one point. With all due respect to Markus Rothkranz, the styling is 'blah' for me.

I like cartoon/sharpie style, and don't like Photoshop overdosed designs based on photos.

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I like cartoon/sharpie style, and don't like Photoshop overdosed designs based on photos.

Yes, that can be over done but have a look at the artist's link. Anything even remotely close to that would be incredible!

#4845 5 years ago

I'd be interested in seeing new PF art, but I certainly don't hate what's there currently. It would need to be something incredible for me to invest in an upgrade. It has a kind of simple comic book charm. I would be concerned about a more photo-realistic rendering being too dark.

#4846 5 years ago

It could be just 'pie in the sky', nice to dream and I've had it in mind for years now. Just after I started tearing down the playfield.

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hey what’s the shop out like on jp?
Easy? Hard?
Anything of note?

Anyone?

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anything of note?

Take lots of pictures... When dissembling parts of the playfield so that you know how it goes back together.

#4850 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Take lots of pictures... When dissembling parts of the playfield so that you know how it goes back together.

I’ve shopped lots of pins and know how.

Can anyone tell me about shopping a jp? How hard is it compared to
Others?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.