IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 203.
#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

What is with the LEDs behind the translite? You're not serious with those colours are you?

You don't like the Trex with a dotted eye?

#4752 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Have you got a picture of this?

Screenshot_2018-11-28-15-13-37 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-28-15-13-37 (resized).png
#4753 5 years ago

Here is the other one:

Screenshot_2018-11-28-15-13-44 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-28-15-13-44 (resized).png
#4754 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

What is with the LEDs behind the translite? You're not serious with those colours are you?

that's the new pirate t-rex coming out in the next reboot

#4755 5 years ago

Daditude Thats Dennis Nedry played by Wayne Knight! Not newman

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Finally got around to getting rid of those shit data east “lift handles”. Jp has just the right space to fit these in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

I've thought of doing it myself. Any tips?

Do the real slides require drilling new holes?

#4758 5 years ago
jp newman final V2 (resized).jpgjp newman final V2 (resized).jpg
#4759 5 years ago

That's pretty.... Awful.

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

That's pretty.... Awful.

Can you please post a better version

#4761 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Can you please post a better version

I cannot say that I have a better but that is not cool... Note that I'm not a fan of Neumann.

#4762 5 years ago

I’m in the middle of shopping my JP out, but these are the instruction cards going into my game

F537DEB4-CFA8-40FD-A989-B77FBFEB7D5B (resized).jpegF537DEB4-CFA8-40FD-A989-B77FBFEB7D5B (resized).jpeg4B210D29-D41F-4BA5-B920-7EBC1F610370 (resized).jpeg4B210D29-D41F-4BA5-B920-7EBC1F610370 (resized).jpegDAB1F12E-B7B4-4773-A858-486EA0F48785 (resized).jpegDAB1F12E-B7B4-4773-A858-486EA0F48785 (resized).jpeg
#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I cannot say that I have a better but that is not cool... Note that I'm not a fan of Neumann.

Neumann? He was a computer scientist.

#4764 5 years ago

Wait wait wait, collect BOTH jackpots? I never have to collect both jackpots to light chaos...what the....

#4765 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wait wait wait, collect BOTH jackpots? I never have to collect both jackpots to light chaos...what the....

Probably should say "either."

#4769 5 years ago

I'm looking at my first "Project Pin"... a Jurassic Park. I have not pulled the trigger yet, but have seen some pictures and under all the filth the machine seems to be in good shape cosmetically. It blows fuses when the switches are plugged in (I could probably figure that out), is filthy, but looks like it would clean up nice. The only thing that is scaring me is the guy says that at start up (with the switches unplugged so it can be tested) the TREX only moves left and right... not up and down. I fully understand that the TREX is "unobtanium" right now. For those of you with a physical machine, does the same motor run the left to right and up and down action on that machine or is it a separate motor? I'm trying to figure out if it is potentially a gearbox issue, bent TREX issue, or motor issue. Sorry, no pictures at this time. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated...

#4770 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm looking at my first "Project Pin"... a Jurassic Park. I have not pulled the trigger yet, but have seen some pictures and under all the filth the machine seems to be in good shape cosmetically. It blows fuses when the switches are plugged in (I could probably figure that out), is filthy, but looks like it would clean up nice. The only thing that is scaring me is the guy says that at start up (with the switches unplugged so it can be tested) the TREX only moves left and right... not up and down. I fully understand that the TREX is "unobtanium" right now. For those of you with a physical machine, does the same motor run the left to right and up and down action on that machine or is it a separate motor? I'm trying to figure out if it is potentially a gearbox issue, bent TREX issue, or motor issue. Sorry, no pictures at this time. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated...

The motor is available, no problem there

#4771 5 years ago

Two different motors. The up/down one is easier to get in and out too. And both are very easy to come by.

#4772 5 years ago

Here is one

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5026-00

#4773 5 years ago

Fellas: just picked up a JP that worked perfect at sellers.

When home, it basically went wonky. I did find a loose switch wire connected to T. rex.

Can someone provide a close up pic of the trex switches?

I am attaching a pic of the switch in question. Need to
Know which switch lug that purple and white wire attaches. Thanks !

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Fellas: just picked up a JP that worked perfect at sellers.
When home, it basically went wonky. I did find a loose switch wire connected to T. rex.
Can someone provide a close up pic of the trex switches?
I am attaching a pic of the switch in question. Need to
Know which switch lug that purple and white wire attaches. Thanks !
[quoted image]

20181217_144356 (resized).jpg20181217_144356 (resized).jpg
#4775 5 years ago

Thanks Davi!

My white/purp wire was off AND touching the green wire lug. I BET that’s my issue.

#4776 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks Davi!
My white/purp wire was off AND touching the green wire lug. I BET that’s my issue.

In addition to the photo provided by Davi there is a high resolution photo below of the requested area from my JP photo archive. Be sure to click on the photo a couple of times for a zoomed in view.

Gord

DSCN3442 (resized).JPGDSCN3442 (resized).JPG

#4777 5 years ago

Duplicate post

#4778 5 years ago

Guys, my JP is missing the topper. I see there are repros for 150 bucks.

Is it worth it? I see there are lights up there. It must light up. Thoughts?

#4779 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It does not light up. It’s a piece of plastic

I prefer original over the other options so if you want a topper I’d do original.

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hi BB,

The topper itself does not light up, however, there are flashers on top of the cabinet with a stainless steel reflection bar that directs the flasher lights towards the topper so that during gameplay the flashers do indeed flash onto the topper. While not in the same league as the WH2O topper for a WOW effect, a JP that is missing the topper seems incomplete to me.

Reproduction toppers are available from Rock914 at the following URL. The reproduction toppers are very well done and true to the original toppers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00741-jurassic-park-topper

Gord

#4781 5 years ago

Before investing in a topper, make sure your ceiling is high enough. The only time I've been able to install the topper is when I brought my game to a show. I'm not selling my topper, though.

#4782 5 years ago

All good advice guys. Thanks.

I'll likely grab one. Seems like the lights up top need it!

Does the topper just screw onto the top?

#4783 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

All good advice guys. Thanks.
I'll likely grab one. Seems like the lights up top need it!
Does the topper just screw onto the top?

Yes, the topper screws into the top of the backbox as shown in one of the photos below. Also, you may want to talk with @rock914 (Chris Travis) about adding LED's to the topper (add LED to the T-Rex's eye). Chris added LED lighting to my TFTC topper which turned out really nice as shown in the video below.

Gord

DSCN3386 (resized).JPGDSCN3386 (resized).JPG
DSCN3385 (resized).JPGDSCN3385 (resized).JPG

#4784 5 years ago

Any one ever get their topper done by modfather?

Wasnt he looking for volunteers?

#4785 5 years ago

I got all crafty and painted my own, same colors as the logo on the side of the cabinet, so nothing fancy. Then my topper is about 1" too tall to fit under my basement ceiling

#4786 5 years ago

Teaser...

20181217_214136 (resized).jpg20181217_214136 (resized).jpg
#4787 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

however, there are flashers on top of the cabinet with a stainless steel reflection bar that directs the flasher lights towards the topper so that during gameplay the flashers do indeed flash onto the topper.

Actually there are 3 GI bulbs that light the topper, which are lit all the time except when the backbox blinks while waiting to plunge and 2 flashers that fire during play, like shown in the photo above. (Maybe your topper GI bulbs are out?) When the GI blinks while waiting to plunge, you get a great shadow effect on the topper.

The JP at my local arcade in '93 had the topper, so it's the only way to go IMHO.

#4788 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Teaser...[quoted image]

What is it?

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Teaser...[quoted image]

Some kind of ball trough sensors to replace the micro-switches?

#4790 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Actually there are 3 GI bulbs that light the topper, which are lit all the time except when the backbox blinks while waiting to plunge and 2 flashers that fire during play, like shown in the photo above. (Maybe your topper GI bulbs are out?) When the GI blinks while waiting to plunge, you get a great shadow effect on the topper.
The JP at my local arcade in '93 had the topper, so it's the only way to go IMHO.

Dang, you are correct that the 3 middle bulbs are GI bulbs that light the topper. I didn't even know that, but I just confirmed it. Thanks for the tip.

Gord

#4791 5 years ago

Topper light show?

#4792 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Topper light show?

That's looking like the ball trough to me. You can see the balls at the top. There's a green light per ball and some other kind of led. Is it perhaps an IR LED per ball? Does it turn green per ball when the ball is present and red when it's missing?

#4793 5 years ago

some kind of new sound board?

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Some kind of ball trough sensors to replace the micro-switches?

Correct!
The ball trough design by Data East is not the most reliable mech in pinball. I have tried new microswitches, old Cherry switches, finetuned the angle - without stable result. I have also sanded the ball trough.

Then, I started to think about a non-contact based solution. There is a reason why Bally/Williams introduced opto boards, and the answer is not cost saving.
My goal was to create an opto board, without any modification of ball trough (no drilling): this means a transceiver and receiver in 1 board, 2 in 1. Therefore, the classic solution (infrared light interrupted by ball), doesn't work here.

No more waiting after ball drain, no more ball search due to clogging. I guess it works in GNR, Tommy, Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt, and WWFRR.
20181217_192646 (resized).jpg20181217_192646 (resized).jpgvideotogif_2018.12.18_22.25.08.gifvideotogif_2018.12.18_22.25.08.gif

#4795 5 years ago

Holy shit! That’s cool!

#4796 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Holy shit! That’s cool!

Agreed!

#4797 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

My goal was to create an opto board

Awesome dude

#4798 5 years ago

Brilliant

#4799 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Correct!
The ball trough design by Data East is not the most reliable mech in pinball. I have tried new microswitches, old Cherry switches, finetuned the angle - without stable result. I have also sanded the ball trough.
Then, I started to think about a non-contact based solution. There is a reason why Bally/Williams introduced opto boards, and the answer is not cost saving.
My goal was to create an opto board, without any modification of ball trough (no drilling): this means a transceiver and receiver in 1 board, 2 in 1. Therefore, the classic solution (infrared light interrupted by ball), doesn't work here.
No more waiting after ball drain, no more ball search due to clogging. I guess it works in GNR, Tommy, Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt, and WWF. [quoted image][quoted image]

Ready to buy now.

#4800 5 years ago

yes, or a DIY kit to assembly yourself would be cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/96?hl=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.