IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 203.
#4701 5 years ago

I just purchased a JP this past weekend and one of my bumper posts broke and noticed another one was missing. I ordered some replacements but was wondering if it would be safe to play while I’m waiting for the posts to arrive ? Thoughts ?

DC2262D3-3C9E-4D1F-9D2A-AF65E616E94C (resized).jpegDC2262D3-3C9E-4D1F-9D2A-AF65E616E94C (resized).jpeg

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Anyone know where I can find a replacement decal for the grass in front of the T-Rex? Mine is missing
[quoted image]

I know some print it themselves. The only place I'v seen them for sale is at pinballcenter (EU)
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9310/decal-set-for-jurassic-parc

I actually ordered these decals a few days ago. Hoping the quality will be good..

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

I know some print it themselves. The only place I'v seen them for sale is at pinballcenter (EU)
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9310/decal-set-for-jurassic-parc
I actually ordered these decals a few days ago. Hoping the quality will be good..

I understand that this needs to be shipped through a forwarding service since pinball.center does not ship to the U.S.- do you mind if I ask How much was shipping cost ?

#4704 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

I understand that this needs to be shipped through a forwarding service since pinball.center does not ship to the U.S.- do you mind if I ask How much was shipping cost ?

I just did this myself. Ordered the JP trex decal and a plastic from another machine that only they had. Shipping cost about 15 euros (I'm rounding) combined between mailboxde and Pinballcenter.

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

I just did this myself. Ordered the JP trex decal and a plastic from another machine that only they had. Shipping cost about 15 euros (I'm rounding) combined between mailboxde and Pinballcenter.

Not bad! Did you receive the decals yet? If so, how is the quality ? Thanks!

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Not bad! Did you receive the decals yet? If so, how is the quality ? Thanks!

Not sure of long term hold up but they look good. Not the exact same as originals. A little darker.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Not sure of long term hold up but they look good. Not the exact same as originals. A little darker.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing! I went ahead and placed my order through pinball.center

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

I just purchased a JP this past weekend and one of my bumper posts broke and noticed another one was missing. I ordered some replacements but was wondering if it would be safe to play while I’m waiting for the posts to arrive ? Thoughts ?

No just wait!
No reason to do mre dammage

#4709 5 years ago

Hi, I am looking for a part that keeps the playfield on its track. I’ve included a picture - I looked through the manual but can’t seem to find the part name - does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks !

513D63B7-B99E-440D-962D-EA1D0C111B07 (resized).jpeg513D63B7-B99E-440D-962D-EA1D0C111B07 (resized).jpeg
#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Hi, I am looking for a part that keeps the playfield on its track. I’ve included a picture - I looked through the manual but can’t seem to find the part name - does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks !
[quoted image]

You may want to review this old thread on the same issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-playfield-pivot-bracket-500-5329-00-needed

Gord

#4711 5 years ago

Im in the process of shopping my JP. First time so fingers crossed. Im looking at buying the flipper rebuild kit from pinball life and was wondering if the upper flipper just takes the same rebuild kit as the lower right flipper? Also while everything is apart is it worth it to put new coils in? Thanks, David

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Im in the process of shopping my JP. First time so fingers crossed. Im looking at buying the flipper rebuild kit from pinball life and was wondering if the upper flipper just takes the same rebuild kit as the lower right flipper? Also while everything is apart is it worth it to put new coils in? Thanks, David

The upper right flipper uses same parts as the lower right. The upper right does not have end of stroke switch.

You should not need coils unless you can't remove the coil sleeve. I will check the coil sleeves before placing an order for parts.

#4713 5 years ago

Finally got around to getting rid of those shit data east “lift handles”. Jp has just the right space to fit these in.

1D890748-85B3-4946-852D-D27097E3A591 (resized).jpeg1D890748-85B3-4946-852D-D27097E3A591 (resized).jpeg380F0FCE-F633-49E1-8AE3-6BFA2AD67175 (resized).jpeg380F0FCE-F633-49E1-8AE3-6BFA2AD67175 (resized).jpeg

#4714 5 years ago

What are the best jurassic park mods?
What would you consider the top "must-haves" that really improve the gaming experience?

#4715 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What would you consider the top "must-haves" that really improve the gaming experience?

White rubbers on post and slings, cylicone or pu flipper rubbers whatever you prefer
I would love to have the opening gate mod someday
I have mirror blades so its a little brighter overall
But the best best BEST
mod of them all is the new code by Chad so mutch better ballance in the game, and being able to skip
T-rex test on startup!

Here are some great mods to find
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Get a Pinsound board before you spend a dime on anything else

#4717 5 years ago

New chadh code is the only must have.

#4718 5 years ago

Don’t forget a ColorDMD

#4719 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Don’t forget a ColorDMD

How much is a color dmd?

For that matter, what does the pinsound cost?

#4720 5 years ago

I'd do some reasearch before you get Pinsound. I want my game sounding 100% OEM. I'd get a pinsound board only if the current sounds were higher quality. There is someone out there who's made a pretty good sound mix for JP, but isn't 100% authentic to the sounds of the JP machine, so I haven't gotten the Pinsound board yet.

But if you don't care, the new mix does sound pretty good.

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd do some reasearch before you get Pinsound. I want my game sounding 100% OEM. I'd get a pinsound board only if the current sounds were higher quality. There is someone out there who's made a pretty good sound mix for JP, but isn't 100% authentic to the sounds of the JP machine, so I haven't gotten the Pinsound board yet.
But if you don't care, the new mix does sound pretty good.

Why the mix is not authentic? Yes, it's not original, but original doesn't mean the best for me.
It's like factory Trex and winteriscoming's Trex. Day and night.

#4722 5 years ago

But with the pinsound board everything sounds better and you can switch from the original sounds to the endprodukt mix on the fly whenever you want...

#4723 5 years ago

Color DMD is ~$400, Pinsound board is also pretty pricey. Plus there is the motorized gate, updated T Rex, etc for a good chunk of change. But you asked for best and those are usually considered the “best”. But for the more budget conscious, there are still plenty of good mods. The Loop Combo scoop plastics are awesome, you could add LEDs, I’ve seen mirrored and regular artwork side blades, subwoofer, updated dinos and palm trees, toy Jeep. For JP the mods almost seem endless.

#4724 5 years ago

There are some side blades out there but personaly i find them so so
I like the mirrors as an alternative
I hope one day someone makes sideblades in the style of the back but with electric fences and cool trees on one side and the visitors centre and maybe heli platform and waterfall on the other
but without orange, and without black dinos

#4725 5 years ago

There are so many mods. That is why i am trying to figure out what's worth it and what's not. I dont really want to double the cost of the machine with mods, but i would like it to be as nice as possible.

Below is a list of mods I have been suggested (both on here and a couple from JP owners i know):

Art blades
ChadH code
Rubbers, posts, flipper upgrades
Pinsound board
Color dmd
Opening gate
T-rex update
Loop combo scoop
Jeep
Dino skulls
Goat
Updated dinos and palm trees
East dock sign
Raptor in cage

If there are any other recommendations, please share. I have never even heard of some of these.

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There are so many mods. That is why i am trying to figure out what's worth it and what's not. I dont really want to double the cost of the machine with mods, but i would like it to be as nice as possible.
Below is a list of mods I have been suggested (both on here and a couple from JP owners i know):
Art blades
ChadH code
Rubbers, posts, flipper upgrades
Pinsound board
Color dmd
Opening gate
T-rex update
Loop combo scoop
Jeep
Dino skulls
Goat
Updated dinos and palm trees
East dock sign
Raptor in cage
If there are any other recommendations, please share. I have never even heard of some of these.

To a lot of buyers, mods add zero value to the price. Plus those fake.toy palm trees look awful.

#4727 5 years ago

I think replacing the pteranadons with PAPO versions is a cheap-ish, but very nice upgrade. You're basically replacing bad-looking originals with some that look like the ones in JP3. There were no pteranadons in JP, so not sure they're in this game other than someone involved in the design of the game just wanted to add in a couple simple toys.

My preference is to stay away from adding in extra dinos, but if you do, always look for PAPO versions. A lot of them look like JP dinosaurs. You'll find pictures around of people adding in really bad looking dinos, but to each his/her own.

Do what you like and can afford, and don't expect to get your money back, and you'll be in a good spot. Oh, and make sure whatever you do is reversible, or you're likely to decrease the value of the game.

#4728 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Plus those fake.toy palm trees look awful.

Lol. JP might be the most over-modded pin out there.

#4729 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Lol. JP might be the most over-modded pin out there.

No way. That title goes to T2. god-awful "mods" for T2.

#4730 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find an NOS or original used JP translite?

Also, has anyone bought a repro translite off of EBay, seller name “classicarcades”? If so, how is the quality ?

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Also, has anyone bought a repro translite off of EBay, seller name “classicarcades”? If so, how is the quality ?

Never a translite but I've ordered repro plastics from him for different machines. They were always decent. Shapes were perfect, and quality was good, but the colors were never exact to the original. Always a smidge off. But that might just be the nature of repro plastics. Never really bothered me on the plastics though.

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Type classicarcades into the Pinside search and you’ll get lots of opinions

#4733 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

There is a completely roached Jurassic Park on Facebook Marketplace around DC that has a decent looking Translight. Maybe a good source for some spare parts. $650. Roached is an understatement on the condition of the machine.

#4734 5 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

I have a JP and DE Star Wars from here and they are excellent.

http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/jurassic-park-replacement-pinball-translite/

#4735 5 years ago

Thanks for everyone’s reply- I found this site and was wondering if anyone has purchased anything from them- they’ve got a JP translite for sale but not sure if it’s NOS or a repro -

http://www.pinball-shop.de/product_info.php?m=shop&p_id=949&language=en

#4736 5 years ago

In October of 2012 I purchased a BSD reproduction translite from 'Arcade Overlays' and it was of very high quality. I would definitely recommend getting a reproduction translite from them.

Gord

#4737 5 years ago

Check out my mod... Can you spot it?

IMG_20181126_211049 (resized).jpgIMG_20181126_211049 (resized).jpg
#4738 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I think so. Where'd you get that? Make it yourself?

#4739 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

The box in front of the T-REX spotlight with the red lamp and 'shoot t-rex' decals is missing. Looks nice without it. (and spot light hood added)
The T-REX paddock looks chromed, and no decals.
The Raptor shot ball rails and other rails appear chromed also.
The pop caps are detailed with black paint.
Colored post rubbers.

Did I spot it??

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Check out my mod... Can you spot it?[quoted image]

I spy some led strips behind T-Rex.

#4742 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The box in front of the T-REX spotlight with the red lamp and 'shoot t-rex' decals is missing. Looks nice without it. (and spot light hood added)
The T-REX paddock looks chromed, and no decals.
The Raptor shot ball rails and other rails appear chromed also.
The pop caps are detailed with black paint.
Colored post rubbers.
Did I spot it??

Lol... Probably spotted more than I did. I hated that Trex box. Flasher is behind Trex via Comet matrix strip. Red lamp is in Trex mouth. And you see the spotlight. I was torn on the paddock area and thought polished looked good.

Polished stainless at the Raptor shot... Actually all the rails are polished now. I'm thinking about producing these to sell. Those pop bumper cars were from Marco, I thought they were original and mine were faded either way I think they look good.

#4743 5 years ago

I installed a LED colour DMD and it looks great.

jp (resized).JPGjp (resized).JPG
#4744 5 years ago

I appreciate everyone's mod suggestions. (If there are more, keep em comin')

I am planning on getting new apron cards too. What/where are the best ones found? Suggestions? I saw a "newman" one with the guy off Seinfeld. That was cool.

#4745 5 years ago

The Newman one is the best. Get that.

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The Newman one is the best. Get that.

What does that one look like? I was tempted to remove Newman when I restored my playfield but maybe I need to embrace the Newman.

#4747 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am planning on getting new apron cards too. What/where are the best ones found? Suggestions? I saw a "newman" one with the guy off Seinfeld. That was cool.

I purchased some JP apron cards from pinsider Mikonos which are shown below. The cards are printed on a chrome vinyl card stock and look really nice.

Gord

P1010153 (resized).JPGP1010153 (resized).JPG
P1010152 (resized).JPGP1010152 (resized).JPG

#4748 5 years ago

What is the deal with art on cards in a vertical orientation? I have seen a few sets lately and it crushes my brain, it makes no sense.

#4749 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Have you got a picture of this?

#4750 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I installed a LED colour DMD and it looks great.

What is with the LEDs behind the translite? You're not serious with those colours are you?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/95?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.