IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 203.
#4601 5 years ago

Still on the hunt for a Jurassic Park in and around the DC area. I’m also heading to the York show so if you plan on bringing one, let me know. Thanks!

SOLD!
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a nice Jurassic Park in and around the DC area”
2018-09-21
Vienna, VA
Wanted
Archived after: 88 days
Viewed: 165 times

#4603 5 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I feel you need to work on your kerning (space between letters). My brain keeps reading the word SEXTINCT.

#4604 5 years ago

Thanks, newovad, I will revisite it in a next version!

Regards

#4605 5 years ago

Fixed!

Thanks aqain!

Regards

#4606 5 years ago

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask. I am working on a JP where it must have been hit by lightning. I replaced every board except the sound board. The game now boots up. (I will fix them afterwards, I am lucky enough to keep spares to get games working faster.)

But the coils on the brown wire are not working. The brown wire goes to PPB J6 pin 3 (p.31). The board picture on p. 65 clearly shows the board has 6 fuses. But the schematic on page 65 shows J6 p 3 going through K1 to F7. I do not have Fuse 7, 8 or 9 on this game or the replacement board I put in.

I could buy a Rottendog that has the extra 3 fuses. Is there anything else to try to get these coils to work? The game I assume worked at some previous time.

Thanks
Michael

#4607 5 years ago

Hi,

Just picked up a JP project. Can anyone provide the LEDs needed to replace all lights in the game, backbox, etc...? Hoping to save some money rather than buying the kit.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

#4608 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Hi,
Just picked up a JP project. Can anyone provide the LEDs needed to replace all lights in the game, backbox, etc...? Hoping to save some money rather than buying the kit.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

I did a full list, go check out my earlier post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/61#post-3620548

#4609 5 years ago

Thanks!!!!

Do you have a list of colors used (warm whites, etc...all the same)?

#4610 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Hi,
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

Be careful with the back box on JP. I had LEDs in mine and found i got really bad glare and hot spots. I ended up pulling most of them back out and only using a couple. I think I put one behind the sun and using a couple of red and yellow. The majority just look much better with incandescent and it really cuts down the glare. I also use incandescent blinkers in the bottom row.

#4611 5 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

The light socket under my 2 ball play area on my playfield is corroded so bad the light will barely come on. What is a good replacement for this light socket? I looked on http://www.marcospecialties.com but I was unsure of which one was the exact replacement option.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe this?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5009-00

#4612 5 years ago

I use frosted warm white 1smd bulbs in my pins in my back boxes. They look awesome without the glare.

https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=1S

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I use frosted warm white 1smd bulbs in my pins in my back boxes. They look awesome without the glare.

I have also used the 1smd's and really like how they look, they look great in my FT. Have you ever tried the 2smd's? They are supposed to be a bit brighter but are listed as the same price. So next game I do I was contemplating using the 2smd's, but I'm not sure.

#4614 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I have also used the 1smd's and really like how they look, they look great in my FT. Have you ever tried the 2smd's? They are supposed to be a bit brighter but are listed as the same price. So next game I do I was contemplating using the 2smd's, but I'm not sure.

I put 2 SMDs warm white frosted in my slings and I like the extra light. It would be too much on a whole pin but it certain spots it probably makes sense.
My next order I’m going to do the 2 SMD for oranges cause the 1 SMD oranges through out noticeably less light. Same for the yellows. I usually just use warm white for orange-yellow-amber but in my WoF and BTTF they have an amberish insert so I want to make the orange look different.

#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I have used frosted 2smd on my Baywatch. The look awesome.

#4616 5 years ago

Good to know, thanks for the feedback. I will probably order a 100 pack of the 2smd's, and throw them into spots that are a bit darker than others.

#4617 5 years ago

Ive been thinking I want to move all my GI back to incandescents. LEDs are just so bright and obnoxious, especially on my JP. In my T2 it makes sense, that whole movie has a blue tint to it, but even with the warm white LEDs in my JP, they are too bright.

#4618 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ive been thinking I want to move all my GI back to incandescents. LEDs are just so bright and obnoxious, especially on my JP. In my T2 it makes sense, that whole move has a blue tint to it, but even with the warm white LEDs in my JP, they are too bright.

Are you using a frosted LED bulb?

20180809_131130 (resized).jpg20180809_131130 (resized).jpg
#4619 5 years ago

I thought so. I will double check. My blinkers behind all the actors are incandescent, and they look great.

#4620 5 years ago

If anyone has a Jurassic Park topper, I would love to custom paint it for you. I would do it for free. I want to add some color to the main areas. Similar to the paint job I did for TFTC topper. Just PM me for details. Chuck
tftc_before_and_after_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtftc_before_and_after_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

If anyone has a Jurassic Park topper, I would love to custom paint it for you. I would do it for free. I want to add some color to the main areas. Similar to the paint job I did for TFTC topper. Just PM me for details. Chuck
[quoted image]

That's VERY tempting!

#4622 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's VERY tempting!

A couple of screws, slap it in a box , drop off at post office............and BAM , looking all badass returned in a week. Don't be scared, have trust in the ModFather.

#4623 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

A couple of screws, slap it in a box , drop off at post office............and BAM , looking all badass returned in a week. Don't be scared, have trust in the ModFather.

Let’s do this.

#4624 5 years ago

Hoping to be back in da club soon!
I missed my JP

#4625 5 years ago

Man if the border and international shipping wasn't such a pain in the ass these days I would be all over this. I miss the days when they just waved your though to hit the post office.

#4626 5 years ago

So should i use frosted 1smd’s in the playfield?

Thanks!

#4627 5 years ago

Thanks for the offers guys. I have committed to doing 2 toppers for my Pinside friends. I can't refuse an offer. The ModFather

#4628 5 years ago

I got two broken stand up targets (the green plastic part)

sut (resized).JPGsut (resized).JPG

Is it possible to replace the plastic or do I need to buy a new switch?

#4629 5 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

[quoted image]

If you can find the plastic, it's possible to drill out the rivet, and install a new plastic and rivet. You would need a new rivet and rivet press, too.

I'm not sure about the availability of those plastics in the right colors, though. I recall in a custom project, I put together some similar targets with orange an yellow target plastics from Marco, but I wasn't looking for green and red, so not sure if they have them.

#4630 5 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

[quoted image]

You'll be better off buying a new switch probably. They aren't that expensive from what I remember. Plus, if you go the rivet route, you'll need the hardware like Winter said, but you'll also need to take the thing out anyways. You most likely wouldn't be able to get the tool in there to do that actual riveting while its the target is still attached to the playfield. So if you're soldering it out, and putting it back, may as well get a new one. Plus, you'll have layers of the switch that need to be put back correctly.

Plus, yeah, I'm not for certain that I've even come across just the plastic part.

#4631 5 years ago

I'm back

20181014_152428 (resized).jpg20181014_152428 (resized).jpg
#4632 5 years ago

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying a #JP as one of my first pinball machines (a friend has one that he would sell me). The one catch is that T-Rex sound that goes off like every 5 minutes when it is not being played. Can that be turned off in the software? I know there's a new ROM (which I plan to install). Not sure if that either turns it off, or will let me.

It's one of my wife's favorite themes (she has a dino tattoo) so it would be a great surprise for her - I just want to make sure it doesn't drive us nuts going off all the time

#4633 5 years ago

Yeah just turn off attract mode easy peasy.

#4634 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah just turn off attract mode easy peasy.

Yep, Adjustment 49. Set it to OFF.

#4635 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yep, Adjustment 49. Set it to OFF.

Awesome! That's all I needed to know!

1 week later
#4636 5 years ago

Hello guys did woody end up putting a list of LEDs he used to make his machine look like it does, it looks amazing and would like mine to look the same? Also its brilliant to see thay after 25 years this machine is still so relevant and so many people are still playing

#4637 5 years ago

Not the worst fix ever but at some point previous owner used duck tape to fix the rolloverswitch in the center scoop
The bendibillity of that piece of tape made for a lot of non registering hits.
Now she plays so mutch better.
Previously turned around the gate at the pops entrance so the ball can actualy get in in stead of drop dead down
This is the second JP i own with both this two things, leaving me to wonder how did previous owner play this game?
20181027_161542 (resized).jpg20181027_161542 (resized).jpg

#4638 5 years ago

Hi guys sorry abit random i was looking to have some of the parts of my pinball machine powdercoated, such as the legs the side and bottom trims the gun the coin mechanism. Originally i was going to go yellow on all these parts but after seeing a few machines with this set up i figured it didn't look as good as anticipated and i found this version on a website for a company that sells pinball machines over here in the UK based in London i believe. Anyhow here are some pics of there version, the playfield is rammed with dinasours probably abit much to be honest but the color scheme looks epic.

24939-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-backbox (resized).jpg24939-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-backbox (resized).jpg24940-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-bumpers (resized).jpg24940-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-bumpers (resized).jpg24941-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-left (resized).jpg24941-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-left (resized).jpg24942-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-right (resized).jpg24942-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-right (resized).jpg24943-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-trim (resized).jpg24943-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-cabinet-trim (resized).jpg24944-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-coin-door (resized).jpg24944-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-coin-door (resized).jpg24945-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-flippers (resized).jpg24945-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-flippers (resized).jpg24946-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-in-showroom (resized).jpg24946-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-in-showroom (resized).jpg24947-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-jurassic-park-gates (resized).jpg24947-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-jurassic-park-gates (resized).jpg24948-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playfied-artwork (resized).jpg24948-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playfied-artwork (resized).jpg24949-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playfield-models (resized).jpg24949-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playfield-models (resized).jpg24950-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playield (resized).jpg24950-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-playield (resized).jpg24951-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-pterodactyls (resized).jpg24951-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-pterodactyls (resized).jpg24953-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-triceratops (resized).jpg24953-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-triceratops (resized).jpg24955-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-upper-playfield (resized).jpg24955-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-upper-playfield (resized).jpg
#4639 5 years ago

Thats a LOT of dino's!

Like the red! but personaly i would keep the gun handle black / maybe high gloss black
The baby t-rex upper left is trying to escape from the machine

#4640 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Thats a LOT of dino's!
Like the red! but personaly i would keep the gun handle black / maybe high gloss black
The baby t-rex upper left is trying to escape from the machine

Yes the baby T-Rex trying to escaps looks well really good idea, and as far as the gun goes yeah would probably look better if it was left black or better still chrome plated!!!

Screenshot_20181028-085336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181028-085336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4641 5 years ago
Quoted from JurassicJarvis:

Hi guys sorry abit random i was looking to have some of the parts of my pinball machine powdercoated, such as the legs the side and bottom trims the gun the coin mechanism. Originally i was going to go yellow on all these parts but after seeing a few machines with this set up i figured it didn't look as good as anticipated and i found this version on a website for a company that sells pinball machines over here in the UK based in London i believe. Anyhow here are some pics of there version, the playfield is rammed with dinasours probably abit much to be honest but the color scheme looks epic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here is another variation of the red trim.
578E63F7-558A-481E-AEEE-44F531A322E8 (resized).jpeg578E63F7-558A-481E-AEEE-44F531A322E8 (resized).jpeg

#4642 5 years ago

That looks amazing. Have you considered red t-molding for the head?

#4643 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That looks amazing. Have you considered red t-molding for the head?

What do you mean red t-moulding?

#4644 5 years ago

Guessing he is used to Sterns which have a Tmolding in the head. A JP has just wood so red paint is needed, not a red Tmolding

#4645 5 years ago

My b y'all

#4646 5 years ago

Can someone take out one of the screws holding the two halfs of the gun together? I have a nos gun, but no hardware. So i dont know what size machine screw is needed.

20181028_090743 (resized).jpg20181028_090743 (resized).jpg
#4647 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Here is another variation of the red trim.

The red armor with back coin door / red bezel is brilliant. The red ring about the black screams "DANGER" and really matches the theme.

Red armor with red coin door and red gun is too much and makes me cringe. Most pins, I recomend powder coated armor with a chrome coin door, but the black/red really looks sweet on JP.

Scroll through the gallery of this thread for zillions of options on powder coating -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here

#4648 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Can someone take out one of the screws holding the two halfs of the gun together? I have a nos gun, but no hardware. So i dont know what size machine screw is needed.
[quoted image]

Hi LL,

In the event that you haven't already seen the following excerpt from the JP manual you may want to review the 2-page PDF below.

Gord

JP_Gun_Handle.pdfJP_Gun_Handle.pdf

#4649 5 years ago

Just found this really good color scheme the yellow is really nice and im loving the glossy sides, how are the sides to glossy and shiny is that down to a new decal? Is that how the decals come or do you have to treat it aswell? Thanks guys.

4fc8c15b7c018fad1c6db3a994aac5f8bb76b5bc (resized).jpg4fc8c15b7c018fad1c6db3a994aac5f8bb76b5bc (resized).jpg
#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from JurassicJarvis:

Just found this really good color scheme the yellow is really nice and im loving the glossy sides, how are the sides to glossy and shiny is that down to a new decal? Is that how the decals come or do you have to treat it aswell? Thanks guys.
[quoted image]

That yellow is really nice - makes everything else pop for sure. Fits the logo more naturally too as the red is really the accent color

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.