IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 203.
#4501 5 years ago

So you really do learn something new everyday. Around the 2:30 mark this guy somehow gets the upper flipper to drop. How do you do that?

I feel like I’ve been missing out for 20 years... and just spent the last 20 minutes beating on my flippers and got nowhere

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So you really do learn something new everyday. Around the 2:30 mark this guy somehow gets the upper flipper to drop. How do you do that?
I feel like I’ve been missing out for 20 years... and just spent the last 20 minutes beating on my flippers and got nowhere

Put less pressure on the right flipper button, it'll drop only the upper.

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Put less pressure on the right flipper button, it'll drop only the upper.

Thanks!

Well I’ll be damned... JP RG and FG all new games now cause of this. I always wondered why it had stacked switches...

Just realized that for some reason my FG does this but the mini flipper is the first position. Time to investigate.

#4504 5 years ago

Stage flipping is the pinball lingo. I had to look it up the first time I heard it.

#4505 5 years ago

[EDIT] So here's something I'm just not sure where to start. I replaced the ball diverter coil on the ramp and added a new spring to get mine back to functional. After soldering on the wires I started it back up and I immediately smelled ozone and my trex started trying to go left/right. I previously had disabled left right as my motor is shot.

Okay. Immediately unplugged. Waited a bit then turned back on and now none of my coils work. Except weirdly when you hold in either flipper button the right VUK slowly moves. Also my trex is no longer working at all. When in diagnostics none of the coils fire and the trex doesn't move at all.

I'm just at loss at to where to start. Tested F5 and it is blown. But i know that would generally be a sympton and not what really caused it. I smelled ozone in the backbox. And under playfield. Anyone have any ideas of where I should start?

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

I'm just at loss at to where to start. Tested F5 and it is blown. But i know that would generally be a sympton and not what really caused it. I smelled ozone in the backbox. And under playfield. Anyone have any ideas of where I should start?

When things go wrong after you touch something, start the investigation with what your were touching. You had the ball diverter out. Did a wire fall off the coil and touch something? Is the coil mounted in a position where it is now touching something? Are your sure the wires were reattached correctly?

I do not have access to my schematics now. Is F5 for the coil power?

#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

When things go wrong after you touch something, start the investigation with what your were touching. You had the ball diverter out. Did a wire fall off the coil and touch something? Is the coil mounted in a position where it is now touching something? Are your sure the wires were reattached correctly?
I do not have access to my schematics now. Is F5 for the coil power?

F5 I believe controls the Flippers and 50 Volt coils on the PPB board.

Thanks for the calming moment. Went back and disconnected new coil and tested it. I must have shorted the diode as the coil reads fine (17.3 ohms) with diode disconnected but the diode reads .2 ohms. Will replace and replace fuse and see if i did any more damage. Tested my other coils on the playfield and they all read fine.

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Will replace and replace fuse and see if i did any more damage.

Yup, you could test things with that coil disconnected as a first step.

#4509 5 years ago

Does anyone have an extra T-Rex pit sticker I can buy?

#4510 5 years ago

I have to stop reading these posts. Every time I find something to buy.

#4511 5 years ago

Looking for a nice Jurassic Park

SOLD!
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a nice Jurassic Park in and around the DC area”
2018-09-21
Vienna, VA
Wanted
Archived after: 88 days
Viewed: 165 times

1 week later
#4512 5 years ago

Okay, hive mind, help me out.

I recently replaced fuse clips on my flipper board when my left flipper died. I had a bunch that were weak and not holding together anymore.

After replacing clips, left flipper still doesn't work. All connections seem good and I'm comparing everything to the right flipper. After flipping 8 or 9 times on the right, left flipper comes back to life.

I've played about 20 games since and the left flipper has gone dead mid-game a few times only to be resurrected by furious flipping on the right. Should I resolder my clips or are we looking at a different problem? Help point me in the correct direction on a fix. Thanks.

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I recently replaced fuse clips on my flipper board when my left flipper died. I had a bunch that were weak and not holding together anymore.
After replacing clips, left flipper still doesn't work. All connections seem good and I'm comparing everything to the right flipper. After flipping 8 or 9 times on the right, left flipper comes back to life.
I've played about 20 games since and the left flipper has gone dead mid-game a few times only to be resurrected by furious flipping on the right. Should I resolder my clips or are we looking at a different problem? Help point me in the correct direction on a fix. Thanks.

During the time that it is dead, are you getting the red light on the flipper board? Also check your connections to the flipper board. When it is dead, try moving the connectors around. May need a new connector or the solder may need re-flowed on the pins.

#4514 5 years ago

If you moosh together the eos contacts (or bridge them with a test lead) does it flip? There is a service bulletin about this issue. I had it happen after doing a flipper rebuild kit.

Another thing to do would be to tone out the connections on either side downstream of your solder work to make sure its solid. Wiggle it since it seems like an intermittent issue.

#4515 5 years ago

Well, the flipper has stayed on through a good number of games and I did check and clean out the switches. I pulled the board out and continuity was good on my new soldered clips.

Now, T-Rex has started confusing his left with his right. In manual diagnostics, he will move left and sometimes right. When behaving correctly, there is a "ting" as he activates and goes to the right (if I have the coin door open, I can hear it. Sometimes, though, no noise and right flipper makes him go to the left. If I give the cab a slap on the right (like keeping the ball out of the slings), I hear the noise and right flipper again returns Rex to the right.

I looked through this thread and someone else had a similar problem but I didn't see any solutions and that poster hasn't been on the forum in over a year.

#4516 5 years ago

Do the T-rex test and see if the right, left and center switches are activating as they should for starters. Sounds like it one of the switch leaves might have gotten bent or stuck under there somewhere, that might be what you're hearing.

#4517 5 years ago

It’s this guy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4518 5 years ago

I just picked up a JP with the newer 6.0 code. I would really like to get a colordmd, will it still work with the new code?

#4519 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I just picked up a JP with the newer 6.0 code. I would really like to get a colordmd, will it still work with the new code?

Congrats! It’s a great game. 6.0 software should work fine with color DMD. It just adds some modifications and better gameplay but it was based on earlier software which supports colorDMD. Maybe ChadH can confirm.

#4520 5 years ago

What is the best source of pterodactyls and full plastic set?
Thanks

#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Works perfectly with v.6.00.

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Check out this document:
http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb54.pdf

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Works perfectly with v.6.00.

Thanks. Wanted confirmation before i ordered the colordmd.

#4524 5 years ago

New pin has been arrived Topper is in the box, waiting for installation.
My first Data East.

20180907_212801 (resized).jpg20180907_212801 (resized).jpg

#4525 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! With all of your knowledge and the cool upgrades you do with machines it should be a blast having you own one.

#4526 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Welcome to the club! With all of your knowledge and the cool upgrades you do with machines it should be a blast having you own one.

Thanks! As 1st step, I've ordered CPR plastic set and plastic protectors from Pinbits. And yes, a well refurbished and nicely (but not heavily) modded JP is looking really good.

#4527 5 years ago

# ChadH's code rocks!
mis my JP
Jorro out

Sorry drunk again

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

In manual diagnostics, he will move left and sometimes right. When behaving correctly, there is a "ting" as he activates and goes to the right (if I have the coin door open, I can hear it. Sometimes, though, no noise and right flipper makes him go to the left. If I give the cab a slap on the right (like keeping the ball out of the slings), I hear the noise and right flipper again returns Rex to the right.
I looked through this thread and someone else had a similar problem but I didn't see any solutions and that poster hasn't been on the forum in over a year.

So, quoting myself to update on the "fix".

Since the click and lack of correct movement was related to the Bi-Directional Assembly, I pulled it off and took a look. I checked continuity and all was well. Still, two of the connections looked iffy. I reflowed solder to those two and reinstalled. Since then, Rexy has been downright frisky. He's been checking out all the action, left AND right. He still squeaks a bit but that's 25 year old lubrication for you. Hope this helps anyone else in the same boat, now or in the future.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks. Wanted confirmation before i ordered the colordmd.

Running 6.0 w/ ColorDMD:

So easy to install:

#4530 5 years ago

Cpr just added Jurassic park to the "some day" playfields list y'all.

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Cpr just added Jurassic park to the "some day" playfields list y'all.

They have the artwork.

"We’d typically like to see 40-50 people unofficially onboard, for any title here, to graduate to a Standard Pre-Order."

#4532 5 years ago

Do you guys need new playfields? Mine looks great, best of all my games I would say.

#4533 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Do you guys need new playfields? Mine looks great, best of all my games I would say.

Mine looks great too.........now.

#4534 5 years ago

Other than minor hole wear, mine looks good. Would be cool to put on a brand new playfield, but I say it wouldn't be worth the cost and trouble to switch everything over.

#4535 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Other than minor hole wear, mine looks good. Would be cool to put on a brand new playfield, but I say it wouldn't be worth the cost and trouble to switch everything over.

Other than major hole wear, mine looks good.

20180909_161021 (resized).jpg20180909_161021 (resized).jpg
#4536 5 years ago

I would say that unless the machine was the dark for 25 years, most people’s fluorescent orange is faded. I had to repaint mine when I restored it. I have only seen a couple over the years that didn’t look mostly yellow.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I would say that unless the machine was the dark for 25 years, most people’s fluorescent orange is faded. I had to repaint mine when I restored it. I have only seen a couple over the years that didn’t look mostly yellow.

Ding, ding, ding - My JP has been in my finished basement for the last 18+ years. It did come off route back then, but has been babied since. Oranges look great, minimal wear at the holes.

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

They have the artwork.
"We’d typically like to see 40-50 people unofficially onboard, for any title here, to graduate to a Standard Pre-Order."

Maybe they can touch up Nedry's fingers and a few of the other blatant artistic failings while they're at it!

#4539 5 years ago

For those interested in the awesome winteriscoming T-Rex, new supply may finally be coming, so keep an eye on that thread (at least in the past it's been first-come, first-served when he does have them for sale):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/30#post-4585579

#4540 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe they can touch up Nedry's fingers and a few of the other blatant artistic failings while they're at it!

That makes sense. As I know they are willing to digitally print to old playfields (of course after removal of old paint layers), instead of CNC cut new wood from scratch. For small runs, and for relatively cheap games, it makes sense.

#4541 5 years ago

My trex saucer is slightly worn and not getting any better. Your scoops can be filled and cliffied but no such fix for rex. Not worth a new PF right now but it is one of my wife's favorites so maybe in the future.

2018-09-13 06.40.05.jpg2018-09-13 06.40.05.jpg
#4542 5 years ago

Am I missing a rubber stopper or something at the end of the right wire form?
I just picked this thing up and the ball falls out of the wire form at the end and rolls across the slingshot.
Does it need tweaked or am I missing a part?
Thanks.

IMG_1388 (resized).jpgIMG_1388 (resized).jpgIMG_1389 (resized).jpgIMG_1389 (resized).jpg
#4543 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I just picked this thing up and the ball falls out of the wire form at the end and rolls across the slingshot.
Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image]

Stock, there's nothing on them. But what I did was add two small rubbers on the ends of the two wiresforms that come down.

2018-09-13 12.00.25 (resized).jpg2018-09-13 12.00.25 (resized).jpg
#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks.

Mine used to do that as well. Loosen up that nut holding the rail and move it slightly to the right. When you re-tighten the nut, hold the rail because it will want to pull to the left and that’s causing the ball to go over the sling shot. Mine did not have a bumper either. Should be an easy fix.

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Stock, there's nothing on them. But what I did was add two small rubbers on the ends of the two wiresforms that come down.
[quoted image]

Quoted from tjprice222:

Mine used to do that as well. Loosen up that nut holding the rail and move it slightly to the right. When you re-tighten the nut, hold the rail because it will want to pull to the left and that’s causing the ball to go over the sling shot. Mine did not have a bumper either. Should be an easy fix.

Thanks guys.
I'm going to go home and try this out tonight.
Im pretty excited about getting this pin.
My son is 7 and a big fan of dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movies so I bought this one so we can work on it together to get him more into pinball.
So far its working and he's really excited about it as well.

#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks guys.
My son is 7 and a big fan of dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movies so I bought this one so we can work on it together to get him more into pinball.
So far its working and he's really excited about it as well.

You can go into the adjustments menu and turn off "Graphic Realism". Keeps Rexy from tearing the goat in half and eating him on the DMD during "Feed T-Rex". If your 7 year old isn't into that sort of thing.

#4547 5 years ago

Hey guys! Joined the club a couple of months back. Both the cab and playfield in great condition. My first pin and certainly not the last.

AF6C87BB-8436-4069-BD5C-087A0BBF1810 (resized).jpegAF6C87BB-8436-4069-BD5C-087A0BBF1810 (resized).jpeg
#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

You can go into the adjustments menu and turn off "Graphic Realism". Keeps Rexy from tearing the goat in half and eating him on the DMD during "Feed T-Rex". If your 7 year old isn't into that sort of thing.

Was always wondering what that setting actually controlled!

#4549 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Was always wondering what that setting actually controlled!

It also just says "Too Late" and shows a spitter at the end of that mode instead of having Nedry turn in to a skeleton. The raptor still explodes when she randomly runs across the screen and you gun her down, though. Not sure how graphic that is on Color DMD.

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It also just says "Too Late" and shows a spitter at the end of that mode instead of having Nedry turn in to a skeleton. The raptor still explodes when she randomly runs across the screen and you gun her down, though. Not sure how graphic that is on Color DMD.

Its not graphic. The raptor just dissapears basically.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/91?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.