Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 143.
#401 4 years ago

How many people have beat/broken ball guides at the raptor pit? Do you think there would be enough demand to get these made?

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Has anyone bought or installed these?
ebay.com link » Jurassic Park Blade Skins Graphics Decals
Any installed pics?

My feedback was apparently ignored in the thread where the person had made these and was showing them. Personally, they don't look good enough for me want to put in my machine. It's the same clip-art looking palm tree pasted all over (somehow blowing in different directions) and the same cut and paste dinos repeated. I'm all for silhouettes, but for the price it seems like these could be drawn better without too much additional effort.

Here's the original thread with pics in the first post (though Congo side-art and not the custom JP ones): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-inner-art-decals

#403 4 years ago

Yeah it is tempting, but i would go for the congo inner decals in my jp for the above reasons.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Yeah it is tempting, but i would go for the congo inner decals in my jp for the above reasons.

Where are those for sale?

#405 4 years ago

Dont remember by heart, I'll try to find it and post tomorrow.

#406 4 years ago

Thanks, I want them on before TPF. The dinosaur shadows make it look like a kiddie game.

#407 4 years ago

Not exactly the same but maybe even cooler, from creature from the black lagoon:

ebay.com link » Like

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Not exactly the same but maybe even cooler, from Creature from the Black Lagoon:
ebay.com link » Like

I guess that is a little better, but I still notice that it's the same cut-and-paste images repeated over and over... just seems very lazy and amateurish. How hard is it to make some variation in palm tree silhouettes?

#409 4 years ago

Yeah for that price it would be nice to at least get a print with unique trees and such, so to say. Guess the challenge is up for an artist who wants to earn som money =)

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Hi guys, I need a little tech help here... I got a little overzealous repinning wires in my rush to rebuild the connector for J5 on the PPB. I pulled out the entire PPB to redo the header pins, which turned out very nicely, but now I am stuck with a mess of wires that I've repinned but don't know which order to reinsert in the new connector. Stupid move not to label them, I know. Let that be a lesson learned. The only pics I have for reference are a couple of the toasted "before" pictures.

Here's what I do to avoid this:

I get the pile of trifurcon pins, flush cutter, wire stripper, new connector and crimper ready.

I put the key pin in the new connector, and then starting with one end (Pin 1), I cut each old wire, strip, crimp, and then insert each wire into the new connector as I go, one wire complete and inserted at a time. Then, when done, I hold the old connector up to the new one to double-check.

Almost impossible to eff it up that way.

RussMyers

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I guess that is a little better, but I still notice that it's the same cut-and-paste images repeated over and over... just seems very lazy and amateurish. How hard is it to make some variation in palm tree silhouettes?

Yeah.

There need to be some awesome option, because I really love blade-art and want to do some for my JP.

#412 4 years ago

Hey guys I'd like to design something better! I no longer have my JP so I'll need to visit a friend to measure up his game.

I'll post my progress for you to give feedback on over the coming weeks

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Hey guys I'd like to design something better! I no longer have my JP so I'll need to visit a friend to measure up his game.
I'll post my progress for you to give feedback on over the coming weeks

Are you thinking sunset silhouettes or something else? Electric fences and dino pens could be cool, but there's the challenge of integrating any new images into the existing art package which already isn't as great as it ideally would have been.

#414 4 years ago

I think that a sunset/nighttime look would suit the theme the best. It would also make it a lot easier to add in references to elements of the film without having to illustrate them to match the rest of the illustration, or worry about copyright infringement.

I'm not an illustrator so I'll be sourcing artwork from stock and adding traced elements from other film material.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I think that a sunset/nighttime look would suit the theme the best. It would also make it a lot easier to add in references to elements of the film without having to illustrate them to match the rest of the illustration, or worry about copyright infringement.
I'm not an illustrator so I'll be sourcing artwork from stock and adding traced elements from other film material.

Sounds good to me. I'd personally like to see each side being unique rather than mirrored...

Even with a silhouette, an electric fence could potentially be worked into a separate colored layer...

It could be kind of like the playfield is the path between two electric fences with whatever scenery going on behind.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111103234347/jurassicpark/images/thumb/3/39/JPTRexPaddock.png/1000px-JPTRexPaddock.png

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Here's what I do to avoid this:
I get the pile of trifurcon pins, flush cutter, wire stripper, new connector and crimper ready.
I put the key pin in the new connector, and then starting with one end (Pin 1), I cut each old wire, strip, crimp, and then insert each wire into the new connector as I go, one wire complete and inserted at a time. Then, when done, I hold the old connector up to the new one to double-check.
Almost impossible to eff it up that way.

Thanks Russ, that's a really good idea that I'll keep in mind for the future! Between the excitement of wanting to dive right in despite my naiveté about rebuilding connectors and the fact that the original was so burnt that it literally crumbled and snapped in half in my fingers, I just lost track of where things were supposed to go. I got it sorted out though (largely thanks to stangbat) and learned a lot in the process!

toasty.jpg

#417 4 years ago

It could be kind of like the playfield is the path between two electric fences with whatever scenery going on behind.

Cool idea.

#418 4 years ago

Ok guys sorry to jump on yur thread here but is there interest in something like this? I had 5 made for machines i have been working on but i can easily get more. This is a pretty simple mod but it requires you to remove some things to install. Also i could just provide the pre drilled acrylic or one ready to go with leds. If someone else makes this available let me know as I would not sell them in that case.

20150323_194747.jpg 20150310_203936.jpeg
#419 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I think I started typing this, but didn't post it: An argument could be made for illusrated side art as a continuation of the image along the back of the pf. I don't know that anything would have to be presented in a way that would violate the IP if it's mainly similar looking scenery with generic elements. I'd potentially be interested in collaborating on something to that end.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Ok guys sorry to jump on yur thread here but is there interest in something like this? I had 5 made for machines i have been working on but i can easily get more. This is a pretty simple mod but it requires you to remove some things to install. Also i could just provide the pre drilled acrylic or one ready to go with leds. If someone else makes this available let me know as I would not sell them in that case.

I generally hate mods, but I'm terribly interested in this.

I'd like to see how the LEDs are set up and whatnot. I might want warm instead of cool LEDs, but this is one of those rare things I think I'd actually do to my game.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'd like to see how the LEDs are set up and whatnot. I might want warm instead of cool LEDs, but this is one of those rare things I think I'd actually do to my game.

I agree the lighting is a little cold...but interested in a warmer light.

#422 4 years ago

I can easily just provide the pre drilled acrylic so you guys can do as you wish with lighting. I will be too busy to make a bunch of these up until the end of next month but acrylic i can order anytime.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I agree...I think warm will look better. The cool wash it out a bit, but it may look better in person. No complaints here though Rock.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I agree...I think warm will look better. The cool wash it out a bit, but it may look better in person. No complaints here though Rock.

Thos is not yours bud. Yours you can customize colors as you see fit

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thos is not yours bud. Yours you can customize colors as you see fit

Not even the least bit worried, just agreeing with the man.

#426 4 years ago

I think I started typing this, but didn't post it: An argument could be made for illusrated side art as a continuation of the image along the back of the pf. I don't know that anything would have to be presented in a way that would violate the IP if it's mainly similar looking scenery with generic elements. I'd potentially be interested in collaborating on something to that end.

That is very true. Ideally the art style would at the very least match the backboard art. I had forgotten about this art because it isn't usually that visible. But any respectable sideboard artwork mod should be respectful to any existing artwork.

That does make it a much tougher job for myself, not being an illustrator. I may be able to contract an illustrator to do something for me matching the style of the backboard and PF. That would ultimately be the best path to perfection for this mod!

#427 4 years ago

What are the original colors of the scoop lights? My bunker has green on top blue on the bottom but control room and power shed are green on top yellow on the bottom, is this right?

#428 4 years ago

Does anyone have a source for the sockets that go to the T-Rex lights in the apron? I keep looking, but no luck. Two of mine are bad.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What are the original colors of the scoop lights? My bunker has green on top blue on the bottom but control room and power shed are green on top yellow on the bottom, is this right?

That's how they are on mine and most all of the other ones I've seen, including the pics on ipdb - pretty sure that's even how they are on the flyer photo. However, the manual doesn't specify, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

That's how they are on mine and most all of the other ones I've seen, including the pics on ipdb - pretty sure that's even how they are on the flyer photo. However, the manual doesn't specify, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

Thanks, I'm torn can't decide if I want to keep it blue or just make it match the others.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Thanks, I'm torn can't decide if I want to keep it blue or just make it match the others.

I made them match. I also thought it was weird that they were different.

#432 4 years ago

im so close to the club i can hear the music...

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Also i could just provide the pre drilled acrylic or one ready to go with leds.

Do you have pricing for the two options?

Thanks.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Do you have pricing for the two options?
Thanks.

The acrylic alone will be $25.00

I need to make more to establish a price.

I am ordering acrylics for those interested on Friday so if you want one let me know soon. The acrylic will be cut to size and pre drilled, ready to install. If you want an acrylic and one of my under-cab kits i will discount $10.00 and only available here not on my website www.rockcustompinball.com

-Chris

#435 4 years ago

Hi Rock914, I am interested in this this as well. I think it looks great. Is the under-cab light kit mentioned for the lighting of the acrylic? If then I would be interested in that as well. Of course, the final price will be the determining factor.

Phil

#436 4 years ago

No the interactive Under-cab lighting is another mod i make for many machines. This is a very bad video but it will give you an idea.

#437 4 years ago

Acrylic order placed. I ordered 5 extra's. Most of you want the complete package with the lights ready to plug in and go but if you just want the acrylic i should have those by the end of next week ready to ship.

#438 4 years ago

Ok, so here are some pics of the completed mod. Some pics for the diy guys if you just want the acrylic. From the pics you can see the color selection can drastically change the backpanel colors so why limit this to white or warm white. This is not totally refined but you get the idea.

20150327_201401.jpg 20150327_201417.jpg 20150327_202900.jpg 20150327_202851.jpg 20150327_202841.jpg 20150327_202830.jpg 20150327_202818.jpg
#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Ok, so here are some pics of the completed mod. Some pics for the diy guys if you just want the acrylic. From the pics you can see the color selection can drastically change the backpanel colors so why limit this to white or warm white. This is not totally refined but you get the idea.

If you've got any production ones and are coming, I'll gladly buy one at the MGC. If you aren't coming and can hold one until after the show, I'll still gladly buy one. If you need to make a run first, I will patiently wait.

#440 4 years ago

I think its a tie between blue and green

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you've got any production ones and are coming, I'll gladly buy one at the MGC. If you aren't coming and can hold one until after the show, I'll still gladly buy one. If you need to make a run first, I will patiently wait.

Added to the list!

I think its a tie between blue and green

I personally like UV but this gives you any choice you want.

#442 4 years ago

Does it cycle during multiball? Lol, just playin...

#443 4 years ago

Does it cycle during multiball? Lol, just playin...

It can be made to but that is a whole new can of worms.

#444 4 years ago

This looks great. I'd love one - what would be the total cost with lights?

#445 4 years ago

To all who have ordered and i gave a price to that is your price I keep my word. All others the price is $125.00 shipped in the US, elsewhere add $10.50. Keep in mind you can just get the acrylic from me and make this yourself.

3 remain- I will need a pm saying you want this not a post on this thread.

Thanks
Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#446 4 years ago

How much for just the acrylic?

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

The acrylic alone will be $25.00
I need to make more to establish a price.
I am ordering acrylics for those interested on Friday so if you want one let me know soon. The acrylic will be cut to size and pre drilled, ready to install. If you want an acrylic and one of my under-cab kits i will discount $10.00 and only available here not on my website http://www.rockcustompinball.com
-Chris

#448 4 years ago

I see a few pm's coming in on this so let me answer some potential questions.

All the parts to build this can be found on ebay and at Home depot. Yes i do have all the parts but i will not supply and the reason is i sold a complete diy undercab kit at one time, well the guy fried his board in the process. Though he did not blame me i am not going into that again as i felt real bad about the whole thing. This is a pretty easy mod to make if you are handy and know electronics. Use my pics as a guide everything is there for you aside from the power connection to the boards or under the pf.

#449 4 years ago

Anyone who has been waiting for my mods to be back in stock can wait no more, I have just had another set of parts arrive so I am back in stock. I'll be making up a bunch tonight

lights_1024x1024_logo.jpg

#450 4 years ago

The backpanel mod is now sold out. Thanks guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
League City, TX
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside