Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 143.
#4151 1 year ago

Pinball life leds in all my pins. Love em. Decided to go cool white on JP. Led flashers as well. They work nicely with the theme in my opinion.

20180113_165511 (resized).jpg

20180111_133828 (resized).jpg

#4152 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of Scoop Lights icons acrylic signs for sale?

#4153 1 year ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

Remf, I can't speak for the kit but they seem like a rip off. I just individually ordered all my bulbs from pinball life and I think I was at around $70. No flashers though.. I hear the LEDS are annoyingly bright.
Sadly my GI on top of the playfield isn't working. The top bank of GIs behind the translight isn't working either. Looking for possible issues, I found some wire harnesses that weren't connected. Anyone know what these might be?
Also looKS like at some point the connector broke so they wired it behind the board.
Any of these look like culprit for my lights being out?

You've got a mess on your hands. Mine was actually very similar and I just started a thread about my gi issues. I can tell by looking you don't have the ground hooked up to your power supply (I think it's the ground at least). Wires 1 through 4 are missing. The circuit for gi is very funky

4 pin connector for 6.3 volts from transformer
In to power supply
Out to a connector to ppb board and to the lights
Out from the ppb board to the lights.

Lots of connectors and that can get burnt up and a lot of fuses and clips that can be no good. Message me if you want more info like wire colors

#4154 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I guess I need to start making a tally of how many and which colors I need.

Lol, you never know ypurchn one day the d&d game just might be yours, but you’ll be the one coming down here to help me haul it out.

#4155 1 year ago

Is there a dimmer flasher LED available, or another workaround for the bright flashers?

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is there a dimmer flasher LED available, or another workaround for the bright flashers?

Good question. Ive been wanting to change out my seizure enducers since i bought it that way.

#4157 1 year ago

Just stick with incandescent flashers or replace the domes. I prefer my blue domes over the clear just wish you could get them with the round tops. I could only find the standard flat top domes. Kinda silly to call them domes

#4158 1 year ago

Has anyone found a source for the ramps yet?

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Has anyone found a source for the ramps yet?

There is no ramp available at this time.

#4160 1 year ago

Working on getting a mold made, I'm thinking there is a lot of interest in this ramp. Seems like everyone wants/needs one.

#4161 1 year ago

Guys here is a LED map I used/Made to order my LEDs, as always order a few extras. Much cheaper tgen a kit.
#44 bulbs Red 16 bulbs, Orange 7 bulbs, Green 8 bulbs, Blue 10 bulbs, White 26 bulbs.

#89 ( Flashers ) 16 bulbs

#555 Yellow 6 bulbs, Green 3 bulbs

#906 White 3 bulbs, Red 3 bulbs, Yellow 3 bulbs

FB_IMG_1515980966920 (resized).jpg

#4162 1 year ago

You are a gentleman and scholar marcdadddy. Appreciate it. Now I just need to do figure out what lights I have to get for my Genesis then I’ll place my order.

#4163 1 year ago

Anyone tried this? Being a hobbyist and fiddler am gonna give it a try.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi

Having a real Trex roaring from the speakers sounds interesting

Have experience with pinsound on a GnR which worked flawless but am a hobbyist and like DIY stuff

#4164 1 year ago

Can someone tell me how to collect Pop Bumper value in 6.0 rom. Two Point values are displayed during pops (make it rain money, and total game score) and they each add pops value differently. Therefore I have a theory its building a Pops value to be collected somewhere else on the pf?

#4165 1 year ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Therefore I have a theory its building a Pops value to be collected somewhere else on the pf?

Pop hits increase park revenue which is collected when hitting the left scoop when it's flashing. (solid lit awards Mr. DNA)

#4166 1 year ago

Only had a JP for a short time and wondered if this group could help me with a small problem. On occasion, the ball gets stuck to the left of the T-Rex scoop (believe it's called the paddock). Usually some modest nudging frees it. Is it a pitch issue or is there another adjustment. Thanks! JD

#4167 1 year ago

Improved my GC last night. Chaos and system failure obtained but missed the 50M Jackpots at trex

Great game with a lot of data east action. Love it.

6BAED6B2-0435-4E2E-839F-8650F620CBAE (resized).jpeg

#4168 1 year ago
Quoted from remf:

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I guess I need to start making a tally of how many and which colors I need.
Lol, you never know ypurchn one day the d&d game just might be yours, but you’ll be the one coming down here to help me haul it out.

Here is a total count I did awhile ago

here is the exact corrected light count quantity updated after help with pinside comments below
#44 bulbs = 93 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#555 bulbs = 32(this includes coin door lights, start button light, and smart missile light)
#906 bulbs = 6
#455 bulbs = 7

This is I believe an exact count of all lights in the cabinet, this includes the lights on the top of the cabinet where the topper sits.

#4169 1 year ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

here is the exact corrected light count quantity updated after help with pinside comments below
#44 bulbs = 93 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#555 bulbs = 32(this includes coin door lights, start button light, and smart missile light)
#906 bulbs = 6
#455 bulbs = 7
This is I believe an exact count of all lights in the cabinet, this includes the lights on the top of the cabinet where the topper sits.

thanks!

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

#44 bulbs = 93 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#906 bulbs = 6
#455 bulbs = 7

What are the #455 bulbs for? I didn't think it had blinkers

#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

What are the #455 bulbs for? I didn't think it had blinkers

My guess is the blinking bulbs on the bottom of the light box

#4172 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

My guess is the blinking bulbs on the bottom of the light box

You are correct sir

#4173 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me how to change the bulb in the "START BUTTON " ? I can't figure out how to get it apart. Looks like it should take a #555 bulb.

100_1313 (resized).JPG

#4174 1 year ago
Quoted from indianchief:

Can anyone tell me how to change the bulb in the "START BUTTON " ?

It quarter turns. It's a bitch and it feels like you will break it. Just as hard to get it back together.

#4175 1 year ago

There are lots of threads and info if you search for 'start button bulb'. Some twist, but most I have worked on pull straight out.

#4176 1 year ago

My JP just starting having an issue. When I start a game and the ball is ejected in to the shooter lane, pulling the trigger does nothing to put the ball in play. When I pull the trigger the backbox lights flash like normal, but it will not eject the ball in to play.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

#4177 1 year ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

My JP just starting having an issue. When I start a game and the ball is ejected in to the shooter lane, pulling the trigger does nothing to put the ball in play. When I pull the trigger the backbox lights flash like normal, but it will not eject the ball in to play.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Just a guess bit check if the wire fell off the solenoid that fires the ball. You could also test that transistor

#4178 1 year ago

Question: When is that row of yellow and red rectangle lights below the ramp supposed to light? I dont think Ive ever seen it, or maybe i never noticed. I was just thinking that it should be noticeable, theyre a big inserts below a clear ramp. Time for a test later tonight....

#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

When is that row of yellow and red rectangle lights below the ramp supposed to light?

When a ball enters the ramp and hits the gate switch there, the game makes a whoosh noise and they all light for a few seconds. Is your switch at the entrance of the ramp working? It should make a whoosh noise and light them, even if the ball only goes part way up.

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Just a guess bit check if the wire fell off the solenoid that fires the ball. You could also test that transistor

Mine had a loose wire there to. Man, the amount of looses wires I have had in my JP

#4181 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

When a ball enters the ramp and hits the gate switch there, the game makes a whoosh noise and they all light for a few seconds. Is your switch at the entrance of the ramp working? It should make a whoosh noise and light them, even if the ball only goes part way up.

I recall the woosh sound when it hits the gate/switch at the entrance. Not the lights lighting...Ill confirm tonight.

#4182 1 year ago

Just did the flipper board mod mentioned a few pages back. My flippers were good, but 1 in 20 plays a flipper would die mid game then have to clean eos.
After mod flippers just feel better and crisp. Well worth it

#4183 1 year ago

I did the mod and it seems to me like they are more likely to get significantly moved by the raptor laser kick than before. But I won't have to worry about the eos issue ever again so that's nice.

#4184 1 year ago

I did the mod to even though I didn’t had problems at that moment but guessed it would be just a matter of time. Must admit I also have the feeling it drops a little further when a ball hits the flippers hard. But not enough to really matter.

Than last night I had a weak right flipper. Thought something was wrong with the Switches so cleaned everything which didn’t help as the cause was a broken new coilstop .....

#4185 1 year ago

Hmmm. ...it does look like the flipper gets pushed back by the Raptor quite a bit after the upgrade to board..... and my flakey left flipper is back..... back to trying to trace the problem..doh

#4186 1 year ago

Make sure the fuse holders on the flipper board are all strong. These old Data East games had an issue with weak fuse holders. Press on them, they should be nice and strong. If they bend at all, then replace them. The weak ones often won’t pass full current.

#4187 1 year ago

I have started doing some repairs on my JP. I just noticed the subway ramp is hanging on with one screw at the VUK and there is a wire holding the ramp by the T Rex.....can someone post a photo of how it should look? Anyone know where I can by a ramp?

#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I have started doing some repairs on my JP. I just noticed the subway ramp is hanging on with one screw at the VUK and there is a wire holding the ramp by the T Rex.....can someone post a photo of how it should look? Anyone know where I can by a ramp?

Check this URL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/35#post-2975154

Gord

#4189 1 year ago

Can anybody grab some quick and dirty measurements of the light shield for the topper? Mine is missing, and just need to know the length, and your best guess of the angle of the bend.

Thanks!

#4190 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Can anybody grab some quick and dirty measurements of the light shield for the topper?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/82#post-4161300

#4191 1 year ago

When I click the link it's asking for me to log in? Do I need to join?

Thanks

#4192 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

When I click the link it's asking for me to log in? Do I need to join?
Thanks

Me too. Gord used a beta address he must get to do pinside testing. Just go back to page 35 and you should find what you’re looking for.

Or drop the beta out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/35#post-2975154

#4193 1 year ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Me too. Gord used a beta address he must get to do pinside testing. Just go back to page 35 and you should find what you’re looking for.
Or drop the beta out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/35#post-2975154

Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for providing the correct answer.

Gord

#4194 1 year ago

Thanks.....I will go look at page 35.

#4196 1 year ago

Just installed Pinsound on my JP, and I'm having trouble locating the CN3 cable that needs to be plugged into the board per the instructions. Any tips greatly appreciated.

IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed Pinsound on my JP, and I'm having trouble locating the CN3 cable that needs to be plugged into the board per the instructions. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Is that the volume control connector? Didn't you unplug it from the old board? I think it's a six pin connector with red and white wires

#4198 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Is that the volume control connector? Didn't you unplug it from the old board? I think it's a six pin connector with red and white wires

I'm hoping this is it...?

IMG_4413 (resized).jpeg

#4199 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm hoping this is it...?

That looks right

#4200 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Make sure the fuse holders on the flipper board are all strong. These old Data East games had an issue with weak fuse holders. Press on them, they should be nice and strong. If they bend at all, then replace them. The weak ones often won’t pass full current.

Thanks for that, we replaced bout half the fuse holders when we first got it, looks like problem was a new cabinet leaf switch. Cleaning didn't sort it, so I gave a light sand with 2000grt wet n dry....so far so good....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Paul, MN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside