Topic Stats

• 7,249 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by jurassicpark93
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,695 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4088 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png
20200107_202834 (resized).jpg
20200107_202821 (resized).jpg
7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3241.JPG
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG
829D7A73-65C7-4E12-B70F-C5522E902D02 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7249 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 145.
#4101 2 years ago

Any one else notice how hot this game is lately? Seems like in the last 2 years the price has gone way up and the demand has as well.

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have been trying to restore my JP. Looks like the manual has a lot of incorrect rubber size callouts or my post configuration is off. Im not confident that the types and location of posts was correct to start with. Could someone check my post type/placement? Seems like some should be star posts in-lieu of the steel posts. I think there were a few plastic/silver smooth posts as well but not sure where they may go.
Also the new silicone rubber touches the small rail guide by the sling shots. Looks odd but I can't think of anything that could be wrong.

Check out this link. I struggled with the same thing, waited on the shop job for the rubbers and was very upset when the manual was wrong. Titans website also allows people to make kits for games do you could go thst route and use someone else's kit.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/UvwW67hQXdA

I had the same thing with the rubbers and my inlane. I squished the rubber between the post and metal so it isn't blocking the inlane. I would have to check my pictures at home to know if your posts match mine, but mine could very well be wrong also.

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have been trying to restore my JP. Looks like the manual has a lot of incorrect rubber size callouts or my post configuration is off. Im not confident that the types and location of posts was correct to start with. Could someone check my post type/placement? Seems like some should be star posts in-lieu of the steel posts. I think there were a few plastic/silver smooth posts as well but not sure where they may go.
Also the new silicone rubber touches the small rail guide by the sling shots. Looks odd but I can't think of anything that could be wrong.

I had to go a size smaller on the slingshots. The ball would get stuck in the inlanes because the rubber stuck out too much.

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else notice how hot this game is lately? Seems like in the last 2 years the price has gone way up and the demand has as well.

It all started when I bought mine. I bought mine the week Jurassic World came out. It was a happy coincidence, but not the reason I bought mine. Everyone said it was hot at that point because of JW. I called BS, as JW wouldn't help sell a JP game. No other movies like Star Wars seemed to cause that much demand for the other SW machines.

#4105 2 years ago

I've noticed the price creep up over the years. Deals are still out there though at shows and if you keep an eye out. I definately think the price should rise given how relevant the theme still is, the toys, and how fun the game is.

#4106 2 years ago

Code update. New amazing T-Rex replacement. New gate replacement with doors that open with the game play. ColorDMD. Great theme that remains relevant. These all add up and have helped give the game a new life.

JP in 2018 is very different than JP in 2014 and earlier.

#4107 2 years ago

For those interested (and not in the JP FB Owners group), I started a Pinball Workshop channel on YouTube. One of my first projects is shopping out my JP:

There's quite a shock to what happens in this video.

I'll be covering other pinball machines as well as general repair and maintenance. If you like it, feel free to give it a like and/or subscribe!

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

For those interested (and not in the JP FB Owners group), I started a Pinball Workshop channel on YouTube. One of my first projects is shopping out my JP:
» YouTube video
I'll be covering other pinball machines as well as general repair and maintenance. If you like it, feel free to give it a like and/or subscribe!

I shouldn't laugh because I could totally see myself doing that. Oops

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I shouldn't laugh because I could totally see myself doing that. Oops

Haha, I went through a lot of emotional stages on this video.

#4110 2 years ago

I think I have that piece you broke. I replaced mine when I modded the back board with LEDs. I think I still that the original wood somewhere and I'm not using it. You a long way for a piece of wood but I'll take a look if you want it.

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think I have that piece you broke. I replaced mine when I modded the back board with LEDs. I think I still that the original wood somewhere and I'm not using it. You a long way for a piece of wood but I'll take a look if you want it.

I appreciate that, however I found a piece of poplar and cut it down to size from my scraps. I would be interested hearing about your mod. I think I remember reading about it!

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

For those faint of heart... do not skip to the 7 minute and 45 second mark of this video. Repeat... do not skip to the 7 minute and 45 second mark of this video.

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

For those faint of heart... do not skip to the 7 minute and 45 second mark of this video. Repeat... do not skip to the 7 minute and 45 second mark of this video.

So of course I went to exactly that moment! I couldn’t watch the commentary to actually see what happened... that’s for work tomorrow

#4115 2 years ago

I just paid a pretty good amount of money for mine. But I've always wanted one and decided I'd better get it now before the average price is 5K !

#4116 2 years ago

Are you going to do the trex mod ..expensive but looks amazing.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

Are you going to do the trex mod ..expensive but looks amazing.
» YouTube video

He isnt making these right now FYI

#4118 2 years ago

Doesn't mean he doesn't have one. I think there was someone on this forum that waited over a year before installing theirs.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Doesn't mean he doesn't have one. I think there was someone on this forum that waited over a year before installing theirs.

Does he? Pretty sure he said he was tapped out.

Any ways, 20% at this place today. They have a JP plastic set.

https://coinoppartsetc.com/product/parts-sale-pinball-machine-parts/jurassic-park-pinball-machine-game-partial-plastic-set-data

#4120 2 years ago

https://coinoppartsetc.com/product/parts-sale-pinball-machine-parts/jurassic-park-pinball-machine-game-partial-plastic-set-data

They tend to hide damage/condition, so be careful with what you order.

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I was In the first batch. I think it's #8. Still In the box but it's getting close.

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I was In the first batch. I think it's #8. Still In the box but it's getting close.

Im #14. I bought the rex right after I moved into my new house, so oct of 2016. I was over a year, lol.

#4123 2 years ago

Ahh you are correct. I saw someone recently post elsewhere on there new trex mod but clearly it was an old new one. Still something to aim for as very cool.

#4124 2 years ago

My words were confusing. I didn't mean that Winteriscoming has one left, I meant the one making the video. He may have purchased one and just hasn't installed it yet, like someone who recently installed their. *cough* *cough*

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

My words were confusing. I didn't mean that Winteriscoming has one left, I meant the one making the video. He may have purchased one and just hasn't installed it yet, like someone who recently installed their. *cough* *cough*

That video is from winter.....im still confused, lol.

#4126 2 years ago

That video is from winter.....im still confused, lol.

Okay. I thought we were talking about the one who created the teardown video, comment23. And BallyWilliams was just using Winteriscoming's video as reference to what he was talking about, asking if Comment23 was going to do the Trex Mod. I'm was half-following along with this tread.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Okay. I thought we were talking about the one who created the teardown video, comment23. And BallyWilliams was just using Winteriscoming's video as reference to what he was talking about, asking if Comment23 was going to do the Trex Mod. I'm was half-following along with this tread.

Yeah, I already have the T-Rex mod installed on my JP. I'll walkthrough most of the install in my series.

#4128 2 years ago

I wish he would make more Trex mods... wouldn't mind having one :/

My steel post separating the right out and in lanes is smooth with no rubber. My left steel post separating the lanes is the standard notched steel post wit a rubber. Is this supposed to be like this? Seems like it needs a notched post wit a rubber.

#4129 2 years ago

So bummed my F1 and F2 fuses started blowing so I has to replace the bridge rectifier. Between ordering and replacing took me two weeks. Finally got to play a few games tonight and my my trex is not eating the balls. The head goes down and comes up, while coming up it chops a couple of times. Anyone, have any pointers before I start searching past posts? Thanks.

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

The head goes down and comes up, while coming up it chops a couple of times.

Just a guess. Sounds like the wire for the jaw coil is broke or loose, causing the jaw coil to malfunction when moving.

#4131 2 years ago

I have seen some machines with dino stickers on the targets. Anyone here have a pic and like them? Where do you get them? I see on Ebay someone has actual covers...not sure how well these would stay on.

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have seen some machines with dino stickers on the targets. Anyone here have a pic and like them? Where do you get them? I see on Ebay someone has actual covers...not sure how well these would stay on.

Purchased off eBay and I really like them. Simple item the picture is on double sided tape. So far they have held up well.

20180112_074706 (resized).jpg

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Just a guess. Sounds like the wire for the jaw coil is broke or loose, causing the jaw coil to malfunction when moving.

In test mode I can work the jaw till the TRex bends forward halfway. The coil wire has allot of wear. Going to change it out tonight.

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from Texastravis:

I have seen some machines with dino stickers on the targets. Anyone here have a pic and like them

I had made my own labels for the stand up targets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/11#post-3741499

#4135 2 years ago

Those are great! I wish the rivets didn't interfere so bad.

waldo34 sounds like you're on the right track.

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Those are great! I wish the rivets didn't interfere so bad.

Thanks. Yeah, I know the rivets kind of stink.
When I had my F-14 I did labels for the stand up targets and covered the rivets, but then then sticker can't lay flat. So, for this application, I decided to cut out the holes for the rivets.

#4137 2 years ago

I screwed up and broke one of my pterodactyls. Is this wire something I can get at home depot? If so, what gauge?

#4138 2 years ago

You could get something like 20 gauge craft wire at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

#4139 2 years ago

Ive been searching the net but cant seem to find a Complete list of the BAYONET base terminals I need to replace inder my playfield. I have several that are flakey and the TREX wont light up consistentl;y and would like to replace them. Anyone have any info? Thanks!

#4140 2 years ago

Found and fix a broken wire that someone else did a half ass fix. T-REX lives.

20180112_204201 (resized).jpg

20180112_212517 (resized).jpg

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ive been searching the net but cant seem to find a Complete list of the BAYONET base terminals I need to replace inder my playfield. I have several that are flakey and the TREX wont light up consistentl;y and would like to replace them. Anyone have any info? Thanks!

Here are some great tear down pics that should help. http://www.weirpinball.com/gallery/index.php/Teardown-pics/Data-East/Jurassic-Park

#4142 2 years ago

Hmm thanks for the pics, I think I just might buy those target covers off Ebay... they definitely look better than the stock.

On another note, I started changing bulbs out to LEDs. Any particular reason these Ablaze wedge 555s are not working in those black sockets that twist into the boards under the playfield?? :/ I also have several banks of lights out so I guess I will have to figure some stuff out.

#4143 2 years ago

Texas - This may not be relevant to your issue, but I had the same issue with my IJ. I found I could get a lot of them going by reversing the bulbs in the holder. The other thing I found was the "ears" on the holders had lost their spring, so they were not making good contact with the lands on the circuit board. I had to replace those with new ones. You can find expensive ones at auto parts stores - if you need more than a few, its cheaper to order from any of the regular parts suppliers.

#4144 2 years ago

Home depot and hobby lobby were both out of the wire. Finally got it at another local craft store from the "floral" section.

The lady asked me what I needed it for. Fixing my toy dinosaur lady, leave me alone. It only came in packs of 30 x 1.5' so now I have a shitload of Pteronodon wire. Surprisingly easy to work with.

#4145 2 years ago

Just got my cliffy protectors in the mail today so I just need to order some lights and I’m ready to strip the playfield down for a good cleaning. Now I’m just debating on led’s or just go with OG lighting. Marcos sells the led kit for around $180 so how much can I save if i just buy them individually from comet?

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from remf:

so how much can I save if i just buy them individually from comet?

About 1/2-1/3 the cost give or take depending on how fancy you get.

For JP it’s easy
COMET 1 SMD
Color match R/G/B inserts
Warm white Y and O
Warm white GI
GOOD TO GO!

If you bring your D&D with you I’ll let you check mine out

#4147 2 years ago

Remf, I can't speak for the kit but they seem like a rip off. I just individually ordered all my bulbs from pinball life and I think I was at around $70. No flashers though.. I hear the LEDS are annoyingly bright.

Sadly my GI on top of the playfield isn't working. The top bank of GIs behind the translight isn't working either. Looking for possible issues, I found some wire harnesses that weren't connected. Anyone know what these might be?

Also looKS like at some point the connector broke so they wired it behind the board.

Any of these look like culprit for my lights being out?

20180113_200023 (resized).jpg

20180113_200037 (resized).jpg

20180113_195207 (resized).jpg

#4148 2 years ago

P.o. did a cointaker led kit in mine and I can verify the flashers are blinding

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

the flashers are blinding

Do NOT do the flashers. 90%+ of LED complaints comes from the flashers.

#4150 2 years ago

Mine has the orange slings so I did warm under them and cool under blue. LED Flashers are super bright I replaced the clear domes with blue it helps a lot. I would stay away from the kits just count them up yourself and get a few extra. I recently bought bulbs from Pinball Life and was blown away. I think I avoided his bulbs because his prices were so low and I assumed more expensive bulbs would be better. Man was I wrong his bulbs are top quality, very bright and consistent don't get fooled into paying more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 7249 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside