IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 203.
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

The Led has a lot of ghosting. Still better then plain orange

Any one confirm this?

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one confirm this?

straight from colordmd website

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

but haven't seen any actual examples of what it looks like when it happens

#3853 6 years ago

I have an LED in my JP and I have never noticed any ghosting. As to the LCD vs LED debate, I have an LCD in my AC/DC and have never used the additional modes. The only way I could recommend LCD is if you an incandescent guy and want a softer display. If you have LEDs in your machine go LED display, if in doubt go LED, the hassle free install is a perk too.

#3854 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have an LED in my JP and I have never noticed any ghosting. As to the LCD vs LED debate, I have an LCD in my AC/DC and have never used the additional modes. The only way I could recommend LCD is if you an incandescent guy and want a softer display. If you have LEDs in your machine go LED display, if in doubt go LED, the hassle free install is a perk too.

Don't agree. I'm led lights all the way but you lose so many options with the presentation of the dots with led option. Some games look better than others but I wouldn't say if you like LEDs you should go LED color DMD. I generally get LCD.

#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't agree. I'm led lights all the way but you lose so many options with the presentation of the dots with led option. Some games look better than others but I wouldn't say if you like LEDs you should go LED color DMD. I generally get LCD.

Like I said I have never used the additional LCD modes so my recommendation is they are not worth it, especially considering the additional hassle of the install on JP.

#3856 6 years ago

Does anyone know where i can pick up the mosquito for the back of the playfield? Picked up a jp without one

#3857 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Like I said I have never used the additional LCD modes so my recommendation is they are not worth it, especially considering the additional hassle of the install on JP.

I hear you - it might not be worth it although I'm not sure how hard it is to install it on the machine

#3858 6 years ago

Had seem serious issues on my JP.

Game started to act very weird in middle of game, display garbage, coils random energizing, lamps overbright, starting to boot, etc...

Found out the power supply was only giving me 3V instead of 5V. Hence the CPU acting so weird.

Rebuild all connectors (power connector, gi) and new fuse clips, no change
Changed capacitors C2 en C3 and voila good 5V again.
A lot of fuses got bad on the PPB board. Replaced all of them and everything booted and played ok, unfortunattely didn't notice the raptor kicker was being locked on.. so a burned fuse again but also a melted coil.
Replaced the TIP36 transistor and installed a new coil and game is correct on 50V coils and flippers again.

Other problem:
Column 8 lamps don't work at all anymore except for the one in row 7 (extra ball arrow) and row 8 (smart missile x2).
Found out pretransistor Q56 for the ramp column was shorted and a hot TIP42 main transistor. So now waiting parts and will replace the TIP42, the obvious broken pretransistor and also the ic that drives the columns. All lamp wiring looks ok on column 8. But I think I will have shorted diodes too on those 2 lamps.
But we will see what the transistor replacement does towards the lamp matrix.

How a bad power supply can damage all the rest...

#3859 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Had seem serious issues on my JP.
Game started to act very weird in middle of game, display garbage, coils random energizing, lamps overbright, starting to boot, etc...
Found out the power supply was only giving me 3V instead of 5V. Hence the CPU acting so weird.
Rebuild all connectors (power connector, gi) and new fuse clips, no change
Changed capacitors C2 en C3 and voila good 5V again.
A lot of fuses got bad on the PPB board. Replaced all of them and everything booted and played ok, unfortunattely didn't notice the raptor kicker was being locked on.. so a burned fuse again but also a melted coil.
Replaced the TIP36 transistor and installed a new coil and game is correct on 50V coils and flippers again.
Other problem:
Column 8 lamps don't work at all anymore except for the one in row 7 (extra ball arrow) and row 8 (smart missile x2).
Found out pretransistor Q56 for the ramp column was shorted and a hot TIP42 main transistor. So now waiting parts and will replace the TIP42, the obvious broken pretransistor and also the ic that drives the columns. All lamp wiring looks ok on column 8. But I think I will have shorted diodes too on those 2 lamps.
But we will see what the transistor replacement does towards the lamp matrix.
How a bad power supply can damage all the rest...

^ This sucks, hopefully you can get all the gremlins chased down!

#3860 6 years ago

Replacing pretransistor, transistor and driving ic fixed the lamp issues (no bad diodes). Oh and had to replace 7 of the 8 lamps in column 8!

#3861 6 years ago

Hi, im Justin, and this is my first ever pin.i picked it up 3 months ago, 8 hour drive each way. Its a x- location j.p. had been in storage for 12 years. Turned out to be good condition playfield and cabnet after it was cleaned, polished and waxed.
I rebuilt flippers and rubbers, and now its with a tech. Had 10 fuse holders replaced, new stern led display (old dmd didnt work) with power supply, and a bunch of other problems fixed. Still away being worked on, but looking forward to getting it back soon. Its completly stock standard i think.
I also picked up a dredd soon after to go with it

20170909_113548 (resized).jpg20170909_113548 (resized).jpg

20170909_113519 (resized).jpg20170909_113519 (resized).jpg

20170829_082648 (resized).jpg20170829_082648 (resized).jpg

#3862 6 years ago

Congratulations Justin. What a great find! Welcome to the club

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

straight from colordmd website

but haven't seen any actual examples of what it looks like when it happens

Pulled the plug and ordered my LED version today. Merry Xmas to me!

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Pulled the plug and ordered my LED version today. Merry Xmas to me!

My wife ordered mine Sunday! Man they ship fast! Cant wait!

#3865 6 years ago

Has anyone seen this on their JP? I have been working on restoring this game for a bit and noticed right away I have two controlled lamps that are factory wired to the lower GI string, see pics The Lite Dock in the left in-lane and Lite Adv X on the right in-lane lamps are on all the time. I also found that neither of these lamps are identified in the manual under Lamp Matrix Chart. Is this normal or did someone at the factory screw up? From the under playfield pic it's the blue insert on the left and the clear insert on the right. Both have the typical yellow/white GI wires.

IMG_0687 (resized).JPGIMG_0687 (resized).JPG

IMG_0688 (resized).JPGIMG_0688 (resized).JPG

IMG_0690 (resized).JPGIMG_0690 (resized).JPG

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from prowlerman99:

Has anyone seen this on their JP? I have been working on restoring this game for a bit and noticed right away I have two controlled lamps that are factory wired to the lower GI string, see pics The Lite Dock in the left in-lane and Lite Adv X on the right in-lane lamps are on all the time. I also found that neither of these lamps are identified in the manual under Lamp Matrix Chart. Is this normal or did someone at the factory screw up? From the under playfield pic it's the blue insert on the left and the clear insert on the right. Both have the typical yellow/white GI wires.

Normal and correct.

#3867 6 years ago

Hey I just got back from my honeymoon and seeing what I missed in the group.
My new dock sign was waiting in the mail hold so hoping to check that out tomorrow!

Quoted from ypurchn:

so what's the verdict on colorDMD - LED or LCD for JP?

I don't have the LCD to compare but here are 2 videos with gameplay from the LED I installed in mine:

I wish they would make a plug and play LCD that size though, as at first I thought I didn't care about the "cartooney" graphics options, but recently played a Twilight Zone with LCD and really actually liked that setting.

I've never noticed ghosting on the LED display, and even though brighter than LCD, playfield glare isn't bad on mine and it's in a dark corner which are 2 other things I've heard asked about it.

Quoted from Jenniebear:

Weird issue. If I hit the start button some times right at the end of a game. The Dmd and the sound will completely stop working. The only thing that works is the gi lights in the back box. Turn the game off and power back on and everything works great. Then randomly the start button will cause everything to shut off again. Any ideas? Thanks

Jenniebear seconding the old roms suggestion from ChadH ...

specifically v5.10 CPU fixes a display blankout issue...see svc bulletin 47 if this sounds like your issue. However, I thought it was just after game over and not related to the start button and might be a coincidence. (you might have to join the group to see the file, but it's a pdf in my facebook JP owner's club)
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/sb47.pdf?token=AWxGsjzv1hiWyCHE8wi06yUiKt_FJrgCb5Pwx5L9xCceRoWCiMqK9sjBTlK7JcyrZpbF9it8XflkmR5ZkxVRbIm31BtmSypx2l7s1oQtSJrOetK3t--fitWLJCcOtyM5wrRoa8tifv9Sg7M-UlHfyOKo

5.13 is the latest official DE code

ChadH 6.0 version is "built off" 5.13 so it also shouldn't have the display issue if it's the same thing + all the fun tweaks and changes

If you need roms I can help with burning them for you.

#3868 6 years ago

Wow this dude is fast!!

IMG_6082 (resized).JPGIMG_6082 (resized).JPG

#3869 6 years ago

So is yoyocopter going to make these molded pieces available for purchase? I think they look killer.....

Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi, here a vidéo of my Mods for Jurassic Park , for the hole of the Jurassik Park to replace the naughty lamp holder
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So is yoyocopter going to make these molded pieces available for purchase? I think they look killer.....

You may PM yoyokopter to purchase a JP scoop mod kit. I purchased a JP scoop mod kit from yoyokopter and the kit looks very professional. I ordered a kit on 10/27/2017 and received the JP scoop mod kit on 11/16/2017.

I haven't installed it yet, but the kit comes with very detailed installation instructions complete with photos. No soldering is required as the kit comes with small spade type connectors to connect to the existing scoop light connectors.

Gord

P1000681 (resized).JPGP1000681 (resized).JPG
P1000682 (resized).JPGP1000682 (resized).JPG
P1000683 (resized).JPGP1000683 (resized).JPG

#3871 6 years ago

wowowow! very nice! how much??

#3872 6 years ago

hi Chitownpinball , look your MP

Thanks Gord for the review

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Does anyone know where i can pick up the mosquito for the back of the playfield? Picked up a jp without one

I have one but it appeared to have been cracked and repaired in the past. PM if you're interested.

#3874 6 years ago

I need a little help from you guys that have an assembled JP in front of you.

Some of you may be following my thread on my full JP restoration.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-restoration

I am in the process of cleaning the screw holes of clear coat before assembly and I have ran into an issue. On the left out lane, my machine did not have a metal post with a ring on it. It appears that nothing was ever installed there but the dimple for the screw is there. I have seen pictures that show a post installed and other that look like mine. The manual calls for a ring at that location and it appears in the drawings on both sides. Just trying to get an idea if there is supposed to be a post there. I don't want to clean the hole out and then realize there isn't supposed to be a post there.

Thanks for the help.

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I am in the process of cleaning the screw holes of clear coat before assembly and I have ran into an issue. On the left out lane, my machine did not have a metal post with a ring on it. It appears that nothing was ever installed there but the dimple for the screw is there. I have seen pictures that show a post installed and other that look like mine. The manual calls for a ring at that location and it appears in the drawings on both sides. Just trying to get an idea if there is supposed to be a post there. I don't want to clean the hole out and then realize there isn't supposed to be a post there.
Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure there was not a post there from the factory, although there was a pilot hole was drilled, I personally have added a post with ring because I felt the balled drained out excessively without it.

#3876 6 years ago

Dimple is there on mine too. No post.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Thanks for the help.

Go back about 2 pages and I asked this same thing. Idk if a real final decision was ever made...

I actually thought if anyone would know it would be you!

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Go back about 2 pages and I asked this same thing. Idk if a real final decision was ever made...
I actually thought if anyone would know it would be you!

Sorry, I remember reading about what rubber went on the post but I guess I missed the post or no post. lol

#3879 6 years ago

Mine has a pilot hole with no post,

20171206_115307 (resized).jpg20171206_115307 (resized).jpg

#3880 6 years ago

Thanks. It seems that the post shouldn't be there so that's what I will start out with.

#3881 6 years ago

Mine had the pilot hole and the left was a drain monster, I'm so brainwashed I still hardly nudge machines so I put the post in.

#3882 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Thanks for the help.

Mine too is just the pilot hole

#3883 6 years ago

Where are yall connecting your powered mods? The machine I bought came with the back panel lit, the "when dinos ruled the earth" lit, and the shooter lane lit. The mods were causing my dmd to glitch out and the sound to pop and drop out at times. The mods are powered off a board with a pass-through connector. To my understanding, these mods need 12v. Where is the best spot to get this without pulling off the boards?

#3884 6 years ago

I put a switching power supply in mine to power added mods.

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I put a switching power supply in mine to power added mods.

Thanks for the input. I really wanted to avoid adding something like this, but I may have to...hmmm

#3886 6 years ago

If you use game power, even if you pull from somewhere other than the board, you may still have the issue.

You could try rebuilding your power supply, if you haven't already, to make sure the game has solid voltage level to better handle the additional strain from the mods.

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

If you use game power, even if you pull from somewhere other than the board, you may still have the issue.
You could try rebuilding your power supply, if you haven't already, to make sure the game has solid voltage level to better handle the additional strain from the mods.

My PS board is a rottendog which (did) measure properly last I checked.

OK, I will look into a power supply. What are yo using? Just a pc power supply?

What if I get a wall wart with the screw down posts to plug into the service outlet?

#3889 6 years ago

I used and extra 16 amp supply I had.

modpower (resized).jpgmodpower (resized).jpg

#3890 6 years ago

I helped to load my JP out the door yesterday. It's officially leaving tomorrow, but I've played it for the last time. JP was the first machine I purchased and is one of my favorite movies. In fact, wife and I's first, or perhaps second date (depending on what we're counting), was seeing Jurassic Park III. I'll also miss how new players gravitated towards JP. Probably 9 out of 10 times it was the first machine guest would play. I would be happy rejoin the club in the future, but for now it's goodbye to the club.

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I helped to load my JP out the door yesterday. It's officially leaving tomorrow, but I've played it for the last time. JP was the first machine I purchased and is one of my favorite movies. In fact, wife and I's first, or perhaps second date (depending on what we're counting), was seeing Jurassic Park III. I'll also miss how new players gravitated towards JP. Probably 9 out of 10 times it was the first machine guest would play. I would be happy rejoin the club in the future, but for now it's goodbye to the club.

Whats replacing it?

#3892 6 years ago

Fish Tales - I really love my collection at this point, so it's making tough choices. Of the machines I have now The Shadow and Congo are the closest to "permanent keepers". When I thought about it as an entire collection, it seemed like Fish Tales was a better complement.

#3894 6 years ago

Have a weird intermittent issue I can't chase down.

After the match screen, the dmd goes completely dark and the Jurassic theme keeps playing. If you press start it won't do anything till the song loops then itll start a game without another press and the dmd goes on like a new game.

It's not a horrible problem but I'm worried about something going on, any ideas?

#3895 6 years ago

Ns2973 - I had the same problem about two pages back. Got some new roms from Matt's and it is now fixed.

#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Ns2973 - I had the same problem about two pages back. Got some new roms from Matt's and it is now fixed.

Yep. Get v.6.00 in there while you are at it!

#3897 6 years ago

It's the most wonderful mod of the year!

20171208_235754743_iOS (resized).jpg20171208_235754743_iOS (resized).jpg

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yep. Get v.6.00 in there while you are at it!

Thanks for the help guys!

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Where are we sourcing them, last thread I saw on the roms was 6 months ago and burning one is a bit beyond me.
Thanks for the help guys!

\
I use Stephan at Hobby Roms when I need something burned.

http://www.hobbyroms.com/index.html

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

It's the most wonderful mod of the year!

Love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.