65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 203.
#3802 6 years ago

Hi! I just got the game this weekend and I'm happy to be part of the JP club finally.

IMG_0794 (resized).JPGIMG_0794 (resized).JPG

IMG_0798 (resized).JPGIMG_0798 (resized).JPG

IMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPG

#3803 6 years ago

Welcome to the club.....

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Hi! I just got the game this weekend and I'm happy to be part of the JP club finally.

welcome! JP is one of the better and more active clubs on pinside

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, not that it matters but I think we’re both right. It starts red at the top, but is predominantly orange shades. Took me a while to find this pic because everyone seems to agree that the blue ones look much better on the game.

that right flipper looks kinda wonky...

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

that right flipper looks kinda wonky...

That has been fixed. Photo taken after I put back together, flipper was not tight.

#3807 6 years ago

Good gravy do you need to clamp down tight on those flipper bats. It felt like I was going to rip the mount from the bottom of the playfield before the flippers would stay put after doing a rebuild.

#3808 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That has been fixed. Photo taken after I put back together, flipper was not tight.

I've run into this issue before as well. How'd you end up fixing? I put a nut on the cap screw to get some more "umph"

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Good gravy do you need to clamp down tight on those flipper bats. It felt like I was going to rip the mount from the bottom of the playfield before the flippers would stay put after doing a rebuild.

Had to crank down tight. It took about two times to get it set.

Quoted from ypurchn:

I've run into this issue before as well. How'd you end up fixing? I put a nut on the cap screw to get some more "umph"

Just played a few games, and tightened them back down. It fixed it self after about two times.

#3810 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I really need to update my gate... I still have the prototype in mine.

I would buy your prototype off of you so you can install your final style

PM sent

#3811 6 years ago

Took some big ol' beauty shots of my JP:

https://luke1116.wixsite.com/jphq

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Took some big ol' beauty shots of my JP:

The T-REX headshot has nice depth. Share it here -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-photography-post-your-best-photos-here

#3813 6 years ago

I've got a weird rex issue.

He grabs the ball perfect, but doesn't always swallow, it looks like it's an angle issue?

I pulled him apart, all the switches engage in diagnostics and he chomps super hard, except when the center switch is activated, then it's a super gentle chomp that doesn't drive the ball down, I assumed that's to protect the mech, is everyone else's the same?

The wiring has been checked, good connections.

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

I've got a weird rex issue.
He grabs the ball perfect, but doesn't always swallow, it looks like it's an angle issue?
I pulled him apart, all the switches engage in diagnostics and he chomps super hard, except when the center switch is activated, then it's a super gentle chomp that doesn't drive the ball down, I assumed that's to protect the mech, is everyone else's the same?
The wiring has been checked, good connections.

When I picked up my JP, it had some hard resin just behind the bottom teeth. I've since replaced the stock Trex with the new one from WinterIsComing, and had the issue where it wouldn't swallow. I added some Sugru to create a ramp for the ball to roll down. Just enough that the ball doesn't rest up against the teeth. I've had no problems since.

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

When I picked up my JP, it had some hard resin just behind the bottom teeth. I've since replaced the stock Trex with the new one from WinterIsComing, and had the issue where it wouldn't swallow. I added some Sugru to create a ramp for the ball to roll down. Just enough that the ball doesn't rest up against the teeth. I've had no problems since.

You don't happen to have a pic of it applied do you? It's baffling that nothing seems to be wrong and it's still not swallowing

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

You don't happen to have a pic of it applied do you? It's baffling that nothing seems to be wrong and it's still not swallowing

Not specifically, and it's hard to photograph since it's matte black in color. It just eat up any light hitting it, which gives it no dimension. Chose matte black so that you'd never notice it.

But picture a tiny ramp that that rises about 1/4 inch directly behind the teeth, and then tapers off in about 1/2 inch.

It's just the angle. Try placing a ball inside his teeth by hand. Then manually close the jaw slowly with your hand. Does it swallow it? Or does the ball stay in the mouth? If it swallows it, the problem is that the jaw opens too quick during the game and doesn't allow enough time to swallow it. If it doesn't swallow it, then the angle of you game in combination of the tilt of the Trex is preventing the ball from being swallowed. Regardless, a little help is needed.

#3817 6 years ago

Hay Tim:
Put me down for a sigh also. Relay a nice addition.

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from indianchief:

Hay Tim:
Put me down for a sigh also. Relay a nice addition.

*Sigh*

#3819 6 years ago

Set a new GC on my park yesterday, it was about 550M. Later in the evening for no apparent reason all the high scores were lost and I didn't get a picture. Weird because the machine was on the whole time so it wasn't the batteries.

Edit: damn. Forgot to change that 700 adjust when I put the 6.0 roms in. TIL my wife plays the shit out of JP when I'm not home.

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I have a basically new JP tilt topper for sale if anyone is interested. 5-10 hours on it max.
Make offer via PM. Retail is $245 shipped.

Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone have any new or used blue or red slingshot plastics they’d like to unload? Blue preferred but I’d buy red at the right price. Working on filling up my stocking early
Pm me what you got.

Shameless bumps for slingshot plastics (red/orange or blue) and someone maybe interested in buying a Tilt Topper

#3821 6 years ago

Finally got the decals worked out. They are high gloss and came out really nice.

East Dock Signs are now available on my website.

20171112_160833 (resized).jpg20171112_160833 (resized).jpg
20171112_161111 (resized).jpg20171112_161111 (resized).jpg
20171112_161041 (resized).jpg20171112_161041 (resized).jpg
20171112_161220 (resized).jpg20171112_161220 (resized).jpg

20171112_161316 (resized).jpg20171112_161316 (resized).jpg

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Finally got the decals worked out. They are high gloss and came out really nice.
East Dock Signs are now available on my website.

Sweet! Ordered, but I won't get to see it till back from the honeymoon in 2 weeks lol

#3823 6 years ago

Hi Tim,

That is a very nicely crafted 'East Dock' mod for JP. Thanks for changing the mounting point for this mod which should also protect it from breaking when the playfield is lifted for maintenance.

Order has been placed.

Gord

#3824 6 years ago

Can someone take a pic of their left and right in and out lane areas?

I've always thought that JP was BRUTAL on the left side, come to find out, I have a small little pilot hole in my PF that is directly above the in and out lane with nothing in it. On the right side, I have a "spike" post with no rubber on it. Just trying to figure out what should be there!

#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I've always thought that JP was BRUTAL on the left side, come to find out, I have a small little pilot hole in my PF that is directly above the in and out lane with nothing in it. On the right side, I have a "spike" post with no rubber on it. Just trying to figure out what should be there!

Nothing in the left one. Hole is just there. Rubber on the right post for sure.

#3826 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nothing in the left one. Hole is just there. Rubber on the right post for sure.

will then my pin is about to be slanted way to the right. I get so many cheap drains to the left...

Thanks!

#3827 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Here are some photos that I had previously taken on those areas on my JP. Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

DSCN3606 (resized).JPGDSCN3606 (resized).JPG
DSCN3609 (resized).JPGDSCN3609 (resized).JPG
DSCN0056 (resized).JPGDSCN0056 (resized).JPG
DSCN0055 (resized).JPGDSCN0055 (resized).JPG

#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I've always thought that JP was BRUTAL on the left side, come to find out, I have a small little pilot hole in my PF that is directly above the in and out lane with nothing in it. On the right side, I have a "spike" post with no rubber on it.

There are several threads about this and it has been asked several times in this thread with no definitive answer that I can locate right now.

Mine has a pointed metal 'mini post' with no groove for a rubber on the right, and a pointed metal 'mini post' with a groove and ring on the left.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4177

If your post is wobbly, you can put in a mini post with longer threads or repair it with a toothpick and wood glue:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4177-1

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are some photos that I had previously taken on those areas on my JP. Hopefully this helps you out.
Gord

Yours is wrong...should not have rubber on the posts there.

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've only just got the ring on my right post. Not the fat hunk of rubber to cover the rest. I do have them on some other posts though.

I wish the guy who just recently got the NIB JP would open it up and take photos of it. Then we'll know for certain how it was shipped.

#3831 6 years ago

Below is a photo of the 'East Dock' sign mod by Pinsider @outcida. It is a nice little add-on sign for JP.

Gord

P1000655 (resized).JPGP1000655 (resized).JPG

#3832 6 years ago

If someone near Tri-State (WI, IL, IA) is looking to join the club I'd be interested in trading for or towards a FT, JD, RS, STTNG, SM, MET, or AFM. If trading towards one of those higher end pins, I'd also be willing to include deals that might include a BSD and/or Gold Strike. +/- cash might also be an option. I'm pretty much only looking for a trade at the moment. I really do still love my JP, but it's time to shake up the collection and something has to go.

#3833 6 years ago

Turned out great outcida, you work fast man. Ill place an order soon hopefully. Ill probably wait a bit as Ive got a pile of mods sitting and waiting for me to have time. Thanks again for being a champion!

#3834 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Below is a photo of the 'East Dock' sign mod by Pinsider outcida. It is a nice little add-on sign for JP.
Gord

Does the arrow move? Can you turn it to what ever direction you would like? When the shaker motor turns on does it make the arrow move a little?

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Does the arrow move? Can you turn it to what ever direction you would like? When the shaker motor turns on does it make the arrow move a little?

Was wondering the same thing. Shaker specifically. Would be funny.

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I've only just got the ring on my right post. Not the fat hunk of rubber to cover the rest. I do have them on some other posts though.
I wish the guy who just recently got the NIB JP would open it up and take photos of it. Then we'll know for certain how it was shipped.

I wonder if Lonzo has any insight given his current resto?

#3837 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

I just noticed that it looks like you have plastic protectors on your pin. Who makes them for JP? I know like I've looked but I wasn't able to find them

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I just noticed that it looks like you have plastic protectors on your pin. Who makes them for JP? I know like I've looked but I wasn't able to find them

Pinbits

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

LOL, honestly I have no idea.

Gord

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So both the left and right outlane post should not have rubber on them?

Gord

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Below is a photo of the 'East Dock' sign mod by Pinsider outcida. It is a nice little add-on sign for JP.
Gord

Thanks for posting a picture Gord. I really need to update my camera. Your pictures are so clear.

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

You can turn the arrow by hand and it will stay where you pointed it. It won't move when the shaker goes off. I figured most people would want to have it point toward the actual East Dock shot. I could have made it flop around with the shaker but when I asked for feedback no one mentioned that.

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

So both the left and right outlane post should not have rubber on them?
Gord

Can't really tell, do you have two types of rubbers on the posts? Or is it one solid post rubber? On my spike post on the right outlane, it only just has the tiny rubber that fits in the indentation. It didn't have the bottom portion. And for the post on the left outlane, I believe the only ones who have a post there are ones that were installed after they were shipped. Mine just has a pilot hole, and I know many others do too.

Don't think it matters much about the full post rubber or not for that area. I have those full post rubbers around the pop bumpers. I always figured they were there for the extra velocity, where the outlanes don't see much speed.

#3845 6 years ago

so what's the verdict on colorDMD - LED or LCD for JP?

#3846 6 years ago

I went LED, no permanent modification needed, easy plug and play. Looks great. I'm sure the smoothing of the LCD looks awesome too but I don't feel like I'm really missing out on anything.
Also the LED has better viewing angles...

#3847 6 years ago

The Led has a lot of ghosting. Still better then plain orange

#3848 6 years ago

Weird issue. If I hit the start button some times right at the end of a game. The Dmd and the sound will completely stop working. The only thing that works is the gi lights in the back box. Turn the game off and power back on and everything works great. Then randomly the start button will cause everything to shut off again. Any ideas? Thanks

#3849 6 years ago

Jenniebear -

My machine does close to the same thing after a game, but on mine, the sound continues, then after it ends, the display comes back, and the machine is ready to go. The DMD seems to be off for an excruciating long time, but it is probably not that long. I have noticed that if I start a game while the DMD is blank, the game will start after the DMD reappears.

It might be an issue with the game roms, Chad's updates would probably fix it, but I haven't gone that route. I just live with it for now.

Next time the DMD blanks, let it sit for a minute and see if it comes back on its own and report back. Others may have better ideas.

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Jenniebear -
My machine does close to the same thing after a game, but on mine, the sound continues, then after it ends, the display comes back, and the machine is ready to go. The DMD seems to be off for an excruciating long time, but it is probably not that long. I have noticed that if I start a game while the DMD is blank, the game will start after the DMD reappears.
It might be an issue with the game roms, Chad's updates would probably fix it, but I haven't gone that route. I just live with it for now.
Next time the DMD blanks, let it sit for a minute and see if it comes back on its own and report back. Others may have better ideas.

I’m guessing you have old ROMs. If so, this is a known issue. You should update and this issue will go away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/77?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.