New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80267)

Jurassic Park (DATA EAST) club

By louknees

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,377 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by fixintoplay
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,082 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3D87799-FA5A-41DC-A512-AB1F1EA587F7 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3594 (resized).JPG
DSCN3378 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201109_213929008 (resized).jpg
pwr bd conn (resized).jpg
PPB Hack (resized).jpg
20201101_221205 (resized).jpg
20201101_221144 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201030_210257121~2 (resized).jpg
104582BE-1DB5-44C2-AD76-E77C9AF7F707 (resized).jpeg
EFD48615-215E-4582-A853-683B9A885DA5 (resized).jpeg
79240fb66d8894ef1fa0dda7412e1014df686a67 (resized).jpg
c4a9d70132f2c6b85bf0a5c5a2313070aa748218 (resized).jpg
ceb633b21fcc8b0d134ad3bd880a9d99da8fbc12 (resized).jpg
122505a423170ad72511423793b88ef2771c7411 (resized).jpg
83142234cb9288c91c4774fed07449a56ff65c72 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8377 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 168.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The lit back panel, or are we considering that the When Dinosaurs...mod?

I guess those could be two different mods

#3752 3 years ago

Who do I gotta pay $15 to around here who wants to make dock signs with their 3D printer?

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Who do I gotta pay $15 to around here who wants to make dock signs with their 3D printer?

I guess I'll take your $15... lol

I didn't think there was much demand for them. If there is, I can certainly make one.

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I didn't think there was much demand for them. If there is, I can certainly make one.

I'd be interested in one. Preferably one that could mount to an existing screw.

#3755 3 years ago

Any suggestions for tapping into 12v for LED strips.

Quoted from outcida:

I'm interested too.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I'd be interested in one. Preferably one that could mount to an existing screw.

Agreed

#3757 3 years ago

Do you guys want a static sign or would you prefer one that has the arrow spin slowly (on a motor) like in the movie where Dennis spins it after he ran it over. I don't really like static mods and am always looking for ways to make things pop.

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I would like a boat sign please.

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Do you guys want a static sign or would you prefer one that has the arrow spin slowly (on a motor) like in the movie where Dennis spins it after he ran it over. I don't really like static mods and am always looking for ways to make things pop.

OK i am listening!!!!

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I'm also working on one for my machine.

#3761 3 years ago

Static for me please

#3762 3 years ago

Herg's LED OCD board, lyonsden's Pinduino, mini LCD

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I like the idea of the sign being a little more interactive and the arrow spinning slowly seems like a potentially good add-on. You just need to be careful to make sure that it is very reliable and installation should be able to be performed in 15-30 minutes at the most.

If the sign mod is too complicated it likely will break at some point and get removed from the game. Just my 2 cents.

Gord

#3764 3 years ago

I like the idea of a sign that spins for a second you hit the target. I think it should be static most of the time. I also wonder about the cost increase to have it spin.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I like the idea of a sign that spins for a second you hit the target. I think it should be static most of the time. I also wonder about the cost increase to have it spin.

The one I am developing for my machine will reverse the sign direction when a certain condition is met. It won't be cheap though. The servo itself is $25. Then you have to have a servo controller. I will consider making it available after I play test mine for a while but the price may not be doable. But that's fine because I am primarily making it for my machine. My goal is to make it appear part of the machine and not an look like an "add on"

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

The one I am developing for my machine will reverse the sign direction when a certain condition is met. It won't be cheap though. The servo itself is $25. Then you have to have a servo controller. I will consider making it available after I play test mine for a while but the price may not be doable. But that's fine because I am primarily making it for my machine. My goal is to make it appear part of the machine and not an look like an "add on"

This sounds great. I don't know if mods are your business and I fault no man for making money. My favorite mods are the ones that sell you the specific parts and tell you how to do the common stuff. IE. You sell the sign and create a guide of where to buy the additional parts and how hook it up. Or maybe sell both options the basic DIY mod and the premium plug and play version.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I would like a boat sign please.

+1

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This sounds great. I don't know if mods are your business and I fault no man for making money. My favorite mods are the ones that sell you the specific parts and tell you how to do the common stuff. IE. You sell the sign and create a guide of were to buy the additional parts and how hook it up. Or maybe sell both options the basic DIY mod and the premium plug and play version.

I will keep that in mind. Part of the reason that I bought my 3D printer was for mod development. At some point I plan on getting into the "business" but I have no time frame. My guess is that now as I restore games and come up with stuff, I might make them available if they work out well. We will see what happens.
The one thing I can tell you is that if I ever put out mods for sale, they will be high quality and unique. I love doing the "wow" stuff.

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

That is above and beyond man. A static sign is fine for me. Maybe make the arrow on a rivet or something so it can spin from vibration. Would that even work?

Any ways, looking for a cheap, but decent looking one. Lets see what you come up with!

#3770 3 years ago

Static for me please

#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

Kayso I have three pop bumpers, each with one blade-style bulb socket connected to the "caterpillar" by two black wires:
The one marked BOTTOM has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L5
The one marked TOP has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L7 (the place on the pf where CAT L1 would go is also marked "K2", confirming there were 2 black wires on that tab)
The unmarked one has wires marked CAT L3 and L POP YE (yellow wire, grey stripe)
By my reckoning, pin 1 is the one closest to the player, and the "left" side is the one closest to the edge of the table.
e: i suppose it'd help if i also told you what i had for the wiring on the caterpillar itself:
1 K2 RU K RE K RP K 7
1 YK <D <D <D 7
So on the wire side it's 2 black wires, red-blue stripe, one black wire, red-grey stripe, one black wire, red-purple stripe, and a black wire at hte end
On the diode side it's yellow-black stripe, and three diodes pointing towards that wire, connecting pins 2-3, 4-5 and 6-7.
edit 2: I will say that the colour of that yellow-black wire is ambiguous, and it may very well have looked grey while I was doing horizontal pinball desoldering yoga; it's possible I mis-marked the pop bumper's wire. I'll be double-checking the schematics before I solder anything back again, just to be safe.
As always, this is what I see on my machine, yours may be different, always check with the manual etc etc

Quoted from flakeloaf:

Kayso I have three pop bumpers, each with one blade-style bulb socket connected to the "caterpillar" by two black wires:
The one marked BOTTOM has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L5
The one marked TOP has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L7 (the place on the pf where CAT L1 would go is also marked "K2", confirming there were 2 black wires on that tab)
The unmarked one has wires marked CAT L3 and L POP YE (yellow wire, grey stripe)
By my reckoning, pin 1 is the one closest to the player, and the "left" side is the one closest to the edge of the table.
e: i suppose it'd help if i also told you what i had for the wiring on the caterpillar itself:
1 K2 RU K RE K RP K 7
1 YK

Thanks again. After I reflowed everything I went yellow/black wire sockets and found a break. What a pain.

Also, for those looking for 12 volt I ended up tapping into the dmd.

#3772 3 years ago

Hi, here a vidéo of my Mods for Jurassic Park , for the hole of the Jurassik Park to replace the naughty lamp holder

#3773 3 years ago

WOW yoyo...very nice.

#3774 3 years ago

Yoyo, and will you be making more to sell?

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi, here a vidéo of my Mods for Jurassic Park , for the hole of the Jurassik Park to replace the naughty lamp holder
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

WOW, very cool

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

+ 1 on this. I would definitely be a customer if you make these available for purchase.

Gord

#3777 3 years ago

Hey dudes. My lower GI is out. I've been messing around with it all morning. The upper GI and lower GI sockets both are getting about 12v (the upper is working fine). If they're getting the same power, why don't the damn lower sockets get lit? I checked the fuses and CN8 / J5, wiggled everything and no joy. All the connections on the sockets are attached as they should be and under playfield molex connections are good. What am I missing?

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Quoted from GRB1959:

+ 1 on this. I would definitely be a customer if you make these available for purchase.
Gord

Thanks for your comment , if you want one set you can contact me by PM

#3779 3 years ago

This one took sometime to complete but finally logging a few games. Love it. Vert happy with the mods, TREX makeover, trees, and goat from Modfather. The back wall I did myself with 1/4" think plexi and led strips.

20171026_134400 (resized).jpg

20171026_134305 (resized).jpg

#3780 3 years ago

Chalky -

You have a break in line somewhere. Verify you have the twelve volts on the lower lamps - keep working your way back toward the backbox until you find your voltage, then you will know where the issue is.

Also verify the power is going thru the Z connector - that's where I had an issue.

#3781 3 years ago

First shot at the East Dock Sign. The arrow can be rotated by hand right now.

20171026_202431 (resized).jpg

Printed it in black as that is the filament that's currently in my printer. I have some white filament on order. Thoughts comments appreciated.

Decals will be redone in Photoshop. These are just some I found online.

#3782 3 years ago

Very nice work Looks awesome.

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Printed it in black as that is the filament that's currently in my printer. I have some white filament on order. Thoughts comments appreciated.

Very nice indeed. My only concern with that precise location is that when lifting/lowering the playfield that the sign may catch onto the cabinet side and snap the sign off. I guess you could rotate the sign bracket so that it faces away from the cabinet side a bit more.

Gord

#3784 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

+1 here for static using existing hole - Seeing 20 others asking there's clearly demand

#3785 3 years ago

My game came with this so I just assumed all JPs had it but I was looking at other playfields today and I don’t see them. Any idea what this is from?

EF7CAEE5-FE92-46D1-99C4-5811D0095EBE (resized).jpeg

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

My game came with this so I just assumed all JPs had it but I was looking at other playfields today and I don’t see them. Any idea what this is from?

Yuck, take it out and toss it in the trash.

#3788 3 years ago

Anyone have any new or used blue or red slingshot plastics they’d like to unload? Blue preferred but I’d buy red at the right price. Working on filling up my stocking early
Pm me what you got.

#3789 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone have any new or used blue or red slingshot plastics they’d like to unload? Blue preferred but I’d buy red at the right price. Working on filling up my stocking early
Pm me what you got.

Just to be clear...there’s no red, only orange and blue.

#3790 3 years ago

No they are red and yellow. The half tone affect gives it a orange appearance in the center

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Looks great dude!

#3792 3 years ago

Almost there. This one is printed in white and is using a new mounting location. There is plenty of clearance between the sign and the side of the cab. Art work is finished on the decals and it came out quite nice. This sample was just printed on regular paper and glued on to prove concept. I'll be checking into having them vinyl printed.

I need to shorten the mounting bracket a bit so it doesn't hang over the plastic.
20171102_225830 (resized).jpg
20171102_230124 (resized).jpg
20171102_225818 (resized).jpg

#3793 3 years ago

I really need to update my gate... I still have the prototype in mine.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Almost there. This one is printed in white and is using a new mounting location. There is plenty of clearance between the sign and the side of the cab. Art work is finished on the decals and it came out quite nice. This sample was just printed on regular paper and glued on to prove concept. I'll be checking into having them vinyl printed.
I need to shorten the mounting bracket a bit so it doesn't hang over the plastic.

Hi Tim,

That is a very nice looking East Dock sign mod for JP. Please let Pinsiders know when this is available for purchase. Now that the clearance issue is resolved I am definitely going to purchase one when they are available.

Thanks.

Gord

#3795 3 years ago

Ill need to find a new spot for my goat.....

#3796 3 years ago

Great Job Tim!

#3797 3 years ago

I'm happy with the sign. I will buy one when available.

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm happy with the sign. I will buy one when available.

+1

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just to be clear...there’s no red, only orange and blue.

Just to be clear, I can’t find any mention of colors in the manual so I’d enjoy seeing your proof that what I call a red plastic is actually orange.

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Just to be clear, I can’t find any mention of colors in the manual so I’d enjoy seeing your proof that what I call a red plastic is actually orange.

LOL, not that it matters but I think we’re both right. It starts red at the top, but is predominantly orange shades. Took me a while to find this pic because everyone seems to agree that the blue ones look much better on the game.

7468D1E4-01AA-4114-90D9-875F3EBBD19B (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8377 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside