IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 203.
#3701 6 years ago

Did a basic (c grade) shop on my JP. More to do, but looks nice. A91BB247-EC44-4203-9A6E-982F577AEF23 (resized).jpegA91BB247-EC44-4203-9A6E-982F577AEF23 (resized).jpeg

#3702 6 years ago

I'd give you at least a "b" that thing looks mint. I'm jelly every time I see an undamaged T-rex saucer. My p.o. Also put cliffys over unrepaired scoops that make hitting modes (and chaos) just a teeny bit harder. Still haven't gotten to system shutdown and trying to work up the grapes to square off those holes.

#3703 6 years ago

Thanks! The trex saucer has a little damage. Nice machine I picked up 2 months ago. Needs some work here and there but no basket case!

Edit... BTW, goes to show how pictures can be deceiving. It's a nice game, but looking at that pic... well, it's not that nice!

#3704 6 years ago

That thing is beautiful. I'm having a hard time finding one that nice local to me

#3705 6 years ago

I purchased one and the seller told me it was serviced. Someone screwed a wood screw in to the playfield because on of the pop bumpers was not working

#3706 6 years ago

Sounds like a pinball horror post.

#3707 6 years ago

Can someone send me a link for palm trees? How many should I install?

Thanks

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks

None!

#3709 6 years ago

Winner.

#3710 6 years ago

Darn, I just ordered a set from the Modfather's website.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'll post a few pics when I get mine setup, package should arrive in a couple of days.

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks

I can post a picture of my setup. I like the palm trees I added. I think it adds to the theme of the game and my pin was very well received at the Texas Pin Festival this year!

#3712 6 years ago

If you scroll through the 10 pages of JP gallery for this thread, you can see lots of palm tree examples.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/75?gallery#g

#3713 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Darn, I just ordered a set from the Modfather's website.

You should ask him for a refund and just buy some trees from Amazon for a lot less.

#3715 6 years ago

Thanks for responding everyone

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks

I think my palm tree setup looks pretty dang cool. The got to add a dock sign as well!

Picture 5959 (resized).jpgPicture 5959 (resized).jpg

Picture 5958 (resized).jpgPicture 5958 (resized).jpg

Picture 5957 (resized).jpgPicture 5957 (resized).jpg

#3717 6 years ago

Make me a dock sign too!

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I think my palm tree setup looks pretty dang cool. The got to add a dock sign as well!

That is the Happiest TREX I have ever seen!

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You made me scroll up and chuckle sensibly

#3720 6 years ago

These are the best palm trees IMHO:

https://www.amazon.com/NUOLUX-Model-15Pcs-Scenery-Coconut/dp/B01M1VFNH5/ref=sr_1_8

I mounted mine in groups, which I think makes them look a little more realistic then one tree, one tree, one tree, etc. I also bend them so they look like they have some character. To mount them I drilled a very narrow hole through the trunk and ran a wire up about a half inch. Paperclips work great if you don't have a spool of wire sitting around. Then finish them off with a dab of hot glue. I'll try to post some pictures later.

PS: I do totally understand wanting to keep the game looking clean though. There are times where I've been tempted to take everything off, but what always gets me are the Pteranodons. The ones from Papo are just so much better. Then the trees really go with those and give the machine some depth. Do whatever you like.

#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I can clearly picture that T-Rex saying, "Hi! My name is Fred. What's your name? I like to eat balls."

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I can clearly picture that T-Rex saying, "Hi! My name is Fred. What's your name? I like to eat balls."

Are you hearing him with a lisp too?

#3724 6 years ago

Found an old picture of the palm trees that I can share. I'm assuming it was taken with all the lights off to show off the illuminated scoops.

ce4c65446f467aa589e29b76a5995e8bc030bca7 (resized).jpgce4c65446f467aa589e29b76a5995e8bc030bca7 (resized).jpg

#3725 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you hearing him with a lisp too?

Sure am. Hard to type the lisp out. He is also slightly yelling too.

#3726 6 years ago

That scoop mod is badass. What light is it linked to? Would be cool if you could get them all lit up for the modes and CHAOS.

#3727 6 years ago

They have replaced the light towers. They only light when ready to shoot, but are not tied into the CHAOS. You have to go by the insert in front of the scoops for that.

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

They have replaced the light towers. They only light when ready to shoot, but are not tied into the CHAOS. You have to go by the insert in front of the scoops for that.

Thats just your setup though right? You dont HAVE to get rid of the towers right? Ive been considering these...theyre neat.

#3729 6 years ago

Sent my T-Rex out for painting, turned out great. Here a post with the video. Loving this pin!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painted-jurassic-park-t-rex-with-teeth#post-4019406

20171014_133702 (resized).jpg20171014_133702 (resized).jpg

#3730 6 years ago

Would someone be willing to take a bunch of pictures of their lower GI lamps from the underside of the playfield? The White-Yellow and Yellow wired connections.

The previous owner swapped playfields with a NOS playfield, which looks great but the lower GI doesn't work because F3 fuse blows. They had some funky wiring going on, some of the lower GI lamps aren't wired/connected at all... Thanks in advance....

#3731 6 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Would someone be willing to take a bunch of pictures of their lower GI lamps from the underside of the playfield? The White-Yellow and Yellow wired connections.
The previous owner swapped playfields with a NOS playfield, which looks great but the lower GI doesn't work because F3 fuse blows. They had some funky wiring going on, some of the lower GI lamps aren't wired/connected at all... Thanks in advance....

Hi Mack,

I don't have a bunch of pictures, but I found the following picture that I took of the underside of my JP playfield. Hopefully you can zoom in on the photo to see what you need with regards to GI wiring.

Pinside downsizes posted images so if you PM me your direct email address I will send you this image in full resolution via email which will allow you to zoom in even more and isolate your wiring issue.

Gord

DSCN3345 (resized).JPGDSCN3345 (resized).JPG

#3732 6 years ago

Call me bone head of the month I can't find my notes on the lighting wiring after shopping it out. Looking for some help with a post in the tech section.
Thanks, Waldo34

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-jurassic-park-pop-bumper-help#post-4021626

Quoted from mack505:

I should be able to get a few tomorrow.

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Call me bone head of the month I can't find my notes on the lighting wiring after shopping it out. Looking for some help with a post in the tech section.
Thanks, Waldo34
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-jurassic-park-pop-bumper-help#post-4021626

I should be able to get a few tomorrow.

Thanks Gord and Waldo! There is no grounding wire connecting any of my lower GI, which I see is present in Gordo's pic. Close up pics of those lower GI lamps/connections with the White-Yellow and Yellow colored wires would be really helpful. Thanks!

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Thanks Gord and Waldo! There is no grounding wire connecting any of my lower GI, which I see is present in Gordo's pic. Close up pics of those lower GI lamps/connections with the White-Yellow and Yellow colored wires would be really helpful. Thanks!

Hi Mack,

I have a few more under JP playfield photos to assist you with your GI lighting troubleshooting. I also emailed you the same photos in a higher resolution.

Gord

P1000620 (resized).JPGP1000620 (resized).JPG
P1000618 (resized).JPGP1000618 (resized).JPG
P1000617 (resized).JPGP1000617 (resized).JPG
P1000619 (resized).JPGP1000619 (resized).JPG

#3735 6 years ago

Anyone have a recommendation for a flipper rebuild kit? The Marco page here (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6306-20) lists that JP is one of the games compatible with that rebuild kit. But it only comes with two flippers instead of three. However, the if you do a search for "Jurassic Park flipper rebuild kit", it lists a few other products, one of which is here (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLTRON-1L2R). That kit includes 1 left, and 2 right flippers but the page doesn't include JP as a compatible game.

Does anyone know if I can just buy the kit with all three flippers? Or do you have to buy the kit with two flippers? If I have to buy the two flipper kit that says it's compatible with JP, where can you get just one additional rebuild for the top right flipper?

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If I have to buy the two flipper kit that says it's compatible with JP, where can you get just one additional rebuild for the top right flipper?

Pinball life will sell a half set

#3737 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That was the one Mod my oldest daughter did before the last Texas pin fest. After that we just kind of left him that way LOL. no lisp instead I think he is just a little special, but still a ball eating and loving T-rex none the less.

#3738 6 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Close up pics of those lower GI lamps/connections with the White-Yellow and Yellow colored wires would be really helpful.

Crazy day today, let me know if you need additional pictures besides what has been posted.

#3739 6 years ago

I have a basically new JP tilt topper for sale if anyone is interested. 5-10 hours on it max.

Make offer via PM. Retail is $245 shipped. IMG_4613 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPG

#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Crazy day today, let me know if you need additional pictures besides what has been posted.

I think I've got it. Besides missing lamp sockets altogether, one difference I see is that there are 2 lamps in the lower GI (yellow wires and white-yellow wires) that have 3 terminals on the socket. On mine there are diodes. On the posted pics, there aren't diodes. Should those diodes be there? I'm wondering if they are causing the fuse to blow.

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

I think I've got it. Besides missing lamp sockets altogether, one difference I see is that there are 2 lamps in the lower GI (yellow wires and white-yellow wires) that have 3 terminals on the socket.

Which ones? I took quite a few photos of my machine while I was tearing it down, and I marked the wire colours, locations and diode directions on the back of the playfield in sharpie so I wouldn't eff them up.

Holy crap I did that in late July and it's nearly November and I'm not done the painting yet and now it's too cold out to clear and ughhh

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

Which ones? I took quite a few photos of my machine while I was tearing it down, and I marked the wire colours

Do you have any notes for the pop-bumper lighting? I don't have a good photo and while I thought I noted them it appears I didn't. These are the best photo's I have found any they are from a LAH. Best I can tell the wiring goes like this:
tab 1 right pop bumper
tab 2 Red violet
tab 3 top pop bumper
tab 4 red grey
tab 5 left pop bumper
tab 6 red blue
tab 7 yellow - right pop bumper / top pop bumper
Ground screw left pop bumper

lah_popbumpers_lamp_wiring (resized).jpglah_popbumpers_lamp_wiring (resized).jpg

lah_popbumpers_assemblies (resized).jpglah_popbumpers_assemblies (resized).jpg

#3743 6 years ago

Here's my pop bumper wiring. You can't see that tab (I called it a "caterpillar" cause I needed a name, what's it really called?) in my photo because the harness is in the way, but I wrote the locations of the wires on the wires themselves. I'll post those when I get home.

jp pop bumper wiring (resized).pngjp pop bumper wiring (resized).png

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

I wrote the locations of the wires on the wires themselves. I'll post those when I get home

Thanks, the new lights arrive from Pinball life so hopefully I can finish it off.

Quoted from mack505:

On mine there are diodes. On the posted pics, there aren't diodes. Should those diodes be there? I'm wondering if they are causing the fuse to blow.

Hopefully the photos from flakeloaf will allow you to confirm.

#3745 6 years ago

Kayso I have three pop bumpers, each with one blade-style bulb socket connected to the "caterpillar" by two black wires:

The one marked BOTTOM has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L5
The one marked TOP has wires marked CAT L1 and CAT L7 (the place on the pf where CAT L1 would go is also marked "K2", confirming there were 2 black wires on that tab)
The unmarked one has wires marked CAT L3 and L POP YE (yellow wire, grey stripe)

By my reckoning, pin 1 is the one closest to the player, and the "left" side is the one closest to the edge of the table.

e: i suppose it'd help if i also told you what i had for the wiring on the caterpillar itself:

1 K2 RU K RE K RP K 7
1 YK <D <D <D 7

So on the wire side it's 2 black wires, red-blue stripe, one black wire, red-grey stripe, one black wire, red-purple stripe, and a black wire at hte end

On the diode side it's yellow-black stripe, and three diodes pointing towards that wire, connecting pins 2-3, 4-5 and 6-7.

edit 2: I will say that the colour of that yellow-black wire is ambiguous, and it may very well have looked grey while I was doing horizontal pinball desoldering yoga; it's possible I mis-marked the pop bumper's wire. I'll be double-checking the schematics before I solder anything back again, just to be safe.

As always, this is what I see on my machine, yours may be different, always check with the manual etc etc

#3746 6 years ago

Thanks for the wiring. Seems like I still have an issue. Looks to be my yellow black wire as the two lights that connect directly don't work along with all other lights on the coloum. I guess I'm headed to the manual and board next.

#3747 6 years ago

Does anyone have a full list of all different Mods that have been posted on any site for JP? I think that would be a good list to have on here.

I will start with just a few

1.) the T-rex skin with teeth Mod
2.) Gate Mod, both working and static
3.) Loop Scoop combo Mod
4.) Raptor cage Mod, both working and static
5.) Dock sign Mod
6.) white ceramic ball replacing the captive ball at the egg shot
7.) JP jeep with lighted head lights
8.) goat next to the T-rex chained up ready to be eaten
9.) Chads updated code
10.) adding more plastic dinos around the pf
what else have you all seen?

Updated per below posts

11.) palm trees
12.) Lit scoops
13.) lit t-rex saucer
14.) "when Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" lighting mod
15.) ColorDMD

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Does anyone have a full list of all different Mods that have been posted on any site for JP? I think that would be a good list to have on here.
I will start with just a few
1.) the T-rex skin with teeth Mod
2.) Gate Mod, both working and static
3.) Loop Scoop combo Mod
4.) Raptor cage Mod, both working and static
5.) Dock sign Mod
6.) white ceramic ball replacing the captive ball at the egg shot
7.) JP jeep with lighted head lights
8.) goat next to the T-rex chained up ready to be eaten
9.) Chads updated code
10.) adding more plastic dinos around the pf
what else have you all seen?

Palm trees, lit scoops, lit T-Rex saucer.

#3749 6 years ago

"When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" lighting mod.
ColorDMD

#3750 6 years ago

The lit back panel, or are we considering that the When Dinosaurs...mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.