IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 203.
#3651 6 years ago

Does anyone know of anywhere that I can buy the bush/grass decal that's underneath the T-rex by the saucer(not directly under the T-rex, just the grass that kind of surrounds the saucer)??

#3652 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone on FB found a NIB JP

WOW thats crazy, great find!

#3653 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone on FB found a NIB JP

Wonder if he'll be selling it. Don't know what it's worth but I'd be interested in upgrading my JP with a NIB example. Would it be sacrilegious to unbox this unicorn and play this thing? I'm assuming some restoration would be needed on the boards.

#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I am guessing that it is unobtanium. I have never seen one offered for sale on Pinside, however it is possible that a collector has one in their parts stash so it doesn't hurt to ask.
You may want to reach out to Cliffy directly via email to see about him creating a custom ramp protector.
Gord

It's Unobtainium. I paid WAY too much for mine, but its pristine, just have to figure out how to rivet to attach flaps and other bits. I've been trying to find someone to make repro's from this one, but I can't seem to figure a decent way. So Far I'd have to sell them at Over $500 a pop, and I'd need to sell like 100 just to cover the tooling cost.

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Wonder if he'll be selling it. Don't know what it's worth but I'd be interested in upgrading my JP with a NIB example. Would it be sacrilegious to unbox this unicorn and play this thing? I'm assuming some restoration would be needed on the boards.

Nah. It was meant to be played, give the boards a once-over, then plug it in and play it.

Well... take lots of really high-res photos first, maybe unscrew the plastics and scan the crap out of them, put them back and THEN play it.

#3656 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Does anyone know of anywhere that I can buy the bush/grass decal that's underneath the T-rex by the saucer(not directly under the T-rex, just the grass that kind of surrounds the saucer)??

Sent you PM.

#3657 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have a spare that needs some polishing. Its solid, but has some scratches. $85+ shipping

Pmd

#3658 6 years ago

I'm in the club! This game is so much more fun than I even anticipated!! Does anyone have any advice on how to do the yellow/black "caution" paint/powder thing that folks are doing? I really like it! (Or any other really good cosmetic things I can do/add to the game?)

20170908_170413 (resized).jpg20170908_170413 (resized).jpg

#3659 6 years ago

My first CHAOS!

(Don't mind my wife, she likes to try to make me drain in any way she can.) *giggity*

#3660 6 years ago

Incredible control on that first tri ball! I usually end up having to use my smart missle when the second ball is draining to start the chaos multiball.

"But this is my idea of a date"

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm in the club! This game is so much more fun than I even anticipated!! Does anyone have any advice on how to do the yellow/black "caution" paint/powder thing that folks are doing? I really like it! (Or any other really good cosmetic things I can do/add to the game?)

Mines not powder coat, its vinyl caution tape stretched onto the rails. It looks OK, powder coat like that I assume would be difficult, im no expert on that.

#3662 6 years ago

Having a problem with a new auto-launcher I have installed. Tested the coil and diode and have a correct reading. Have tested continuity from board to wire and all seems fine. Installed with wires going to correct places (yellow/violet to side A). However, each time I turn on the game, the F8 fuse on the board shorts out. When auto-launcher is unplugged the fuse stays. I can't seem to find the reason for the short. Any ideas?

#3663 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkmithrander:

Having a problem with a new auto-launcher I have installed. Tested the coil and diode and have a correct reading. Have tested continuity from board to wire and all seems fine. Installed with wires going to correct places (yellow/violet to side A). However, each time I turn on the game, the F8 fuse on the board shorts out. When auto-launcher is unplugged the fuse stays. I can't seem to find the reason for the short. Any ideas?

Maybe when putting the playfield down, the coil touches something. Does it blow with it up?

#3664 6 years ago

Diode backwards maybe?

#3665 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Maybe when putting the playfield down, the coil touches something. Does it blow with it up?

It blows up and down.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Diode backwards maybe?

Purchased from Action Pinball. Diode is banded toward power and nonbanded toward purple wire.

#3666 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I bought 6" caution tape for mine so I could reverse it some day if I wanted. I haven't installed it yet but have confirmed this is large enough to cover rails and lock down bar. The reviews seem to suggest this tape won't stick well but I put a sample peice on my lock down bar and it was plenty sticky for the application. This is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007L4AOZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

#3667 6 years ago

I'm hoping to join the club soon. I'm going to look at my first JP this weekend. What are some some things I should be checking more carefully than others? What are some common "no big deal" issues with JPs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3668 6 years ago

Can someone please take a picture of the bottom of their T-Rex? I can not figure out where the spring goes. My T will not pick up balls, is this why?

IMG_17292 (resized).jpgIMG_17292 (resized).jpg

#3669 6 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

I'm hoping to join the club soon. I'm going to look at my first JP this weekend. What are some some things I should be checking more carefully than others? What are some common "no big deal" issues with JPs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From a cosmetic standpoint, JP is bad for having blown out scoop holes and the area that holds the ball for the TRex to pick it up. There also can be damage on the shooter lane where the ball is kicked out.

Plastics used to be unobtanium but there ar a couple of sets out there now.

Good luck

#3670 6 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

Broken TRex left and right action is a common issue. It can be turned off if settings if the motor/gears have failed. Does not affect gameplay, but is a fun feature.

Also, check that Chaos scoops are registering properly. Diodes/solder joints on these coils are known to break due to wear and tear. It's an easy fix, once you find them. In later runs, DE moved the diodes off the coils onto a remote daughterboard under the playfield.

Good luck!

#3671 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

From a cosmetic standpoint, JP is bad for having blown out scoop holes and the area that holds the ball for the TRex to pick it up.

You ain't kiddin. I'm a first-timer fixing up my own playfield, the edges in that area are pretty chewed up and I have no idea how I'm going to fix them - if I want to fix them at all.

edit: This is around the t-rex ball chomp area I'm talking about; the reamed out scoop holes are comparatively simple to fix.

The purist in me wants to put them back the way they were made, so I tried bondoing them but matching the wood colour on the flat portion in that area's nigh-impossible. Plan C is some clear epoxy, but the dams for that are going to be tricky work. Making a mould of the area and fashioning a metal form for the area around the hole isn't completely out of the question but the intermediate work on that's gonna suck out loud.

The realist in me figures that having a 90° wooden form on the playfield making contact with the ball is a design error, and "fixing" it by just rounding the sharp edges and protecting them with some hardener and 2pac would be both easier to do and a more permanent fix.

#3672 6 years ago

I used that play dough like wood filler on mine. Obviously no color match but once they were all cleaned up a cliffy hides it nicely.

#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

You ain't kiddin. I'm a first-timer fixing up my own playfield, the edges in that area are pretty chewed up and I have no idea how I'm going to fix them - if I want to fix them at all.
edit: This is around the t-rex ball chomp area I'm talking about; the reamed out scoop holes are comparatively simple to fix.
The purist in me wants to put them back the way they were made, so I tried bondoing them but matching the wood colour on the flat portion in that area's nigh-impossible. Plan C is some clear epoxy, but the dams for that are going to be tricky work. Making a mould of the area and fashioning a metal form for the area around the hole isn't completely out of the question but the intermediate work on that's gonna suck out loud.
The realist in me figures that having a 90° wooden form on the playfield making contact with the ball is a design error, and "fixing" it by just rounding the sharp edges and protecting them with some hardener and 2pac would be both easier to do and a more permanent fix.

I show how I fixed mine in my "Jurassic Park Restoration" thread.

#3674 6 years ago

Oh believe me I'm F5ing the crap out of that thread, there's some great info in there. You're an artist, I'm a kid at the beach with a plastic pail. My own thread's gonna make you cry

My T-rex area's a lot darker and it's got more of an obvious wood grain than yours seems to, but it's also covered in a pretty thick layer of what looks like lacquer. I tried some spot fixes but I think the saner option is just to bring it all down to bare wood. This is an intermediate pic of one of my trials where I got partway through removing the tester before realizing I hadn't taken a picture of it yet; all that crap's since been removed again. Experimenting on the real playfield is scary but you learn what works waaaay faster.

Those sharp 90s around the lowered area just got pummeled by the ball. They should've been rounded off in the first place.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

Oh believe me I'm F5ing the crap out of that thread, there's some great info in there. You're an artist, I'm a kid at the beach with a plastic pail. My own thread's gonna make you cry
My T-rex area's a lot darker and it's got more of an obvious wood grain than yours seems to, but it's also covered in a pretty thick layer of what looks like lacquer. I tried some spot fixes but I think the saner option is just to bring it all down to bare wood. This is an intermediate pic of one of my trials where I got partway through removing the tester before realizing I hadn't taken a picture of it yet; all that crap's since been removed again. Experimenting on the real playfield is scary but you learn what works waaaay faster.

Those sharp 90s around the lowered area just got pummeled by the ball. They should've been rounded off in the first place.

Have you thought about rounding the whole thing off instead of fixing it back to hard edges?

I am in the middle of spraying my PF as we speak.

#3676 6 years ago

I'm 90% on that option, honestly. That corner at the hole's 11 o'clock is gonna get hit a lot and idk if anything short of a metal edge guard is going to keep it true... and if Cliffy adds any more metal to this table DE's gonna have to give him a design credit. Giving it a gentle bevel would also let me paint it the colour that's on the topside, which I've already matched. I'm less concerned about the hole itself because that yellow plastic insert soaks most of the damage. I'd considered clearing it in situ but I know that if I did that, something would shatter it just to piss me off.

Today I learn how the airbrush works, and then I get to masking some of the larger black areas. No point in doing the finer work until the Cliffys show up in the mail and I find out just how good my control room/bunker kungfu really is .

#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

I'm 90% on that option, honestly. That corner at the hole's 11 o'clock is gonna get hit a lot and idk if anything short of a metal edge guard is going to keep it true... and if Cliffy adds any more metal to this table DE's gonna have to give him a design credit. Giving it a gentle bevel would also let me paint it the colour that's on the topside, which I've already matched. I'm less concerned about the drop on the hole because that yellow plastic insert soaks most of the damage. I'd considered clearing it in situ but I know that if I did that, something would shatter it just to piss me off.
Today I learn how the airbrush works, and then I get to masking some of the larger black areas. No point in doing the finer work until the Cliffys show up in the mail and I find out just how good my control room/bunker kungfu really is .

I have a set of Cliffys but I am going to save them. I am going to try and use the Mantis ones along with some edge protection to see if that works. If it starts chewing again then I will put on the Cliffys.

#3678 6 years ago

Here is a cool little mod we do. The Jurassic Park Jeep model has two custom metal brackets for a secure installation. It has leds built in behind the headlights. Attaches to a nearby flasher and is interactive with the game. Check this out and other cool mods for all kinds of different games at www.modfatherpinball.com
jeep in game (2) (resized).jpgjeep in game (2) (resized).jpgjeep in game (1) (resized).jpgjeep in game (1) (resized).jpg

#3679 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here is a cool little mod we do. The Jurassic Park Jeep model has two custom metal brackets for a secure installation. It has leds built in behind the headlights. Attaches to a nearby flasher and is interactive with the game. Check this out and other cool mods for all kinds of different games at http://www.modfatherpinball.com

Only $42? Hot damn, wish I had money to waste on a hotwheels toy.

#3680 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you saved up by not buying glasses, you wouldn't even notice the colour scheme was off.

Many of your other mods are very cool and have good detail, modfather. I don't like this one but that's me talking. Good luck to you as always.

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here is a cool little mod we do. The Jurassic Park Jeep model has two custom metal brackets for a secure installation. It has leds built in behind the headlights. Attaches to a nearby flasher and is interactive with the game. Check this out and other cool mods for all kinds of different games at http://www.modfatherpinball.com

How does the mod attach to a flasher? Do you have a molex type plug or alligator clips or is soldering required for installation?

Thanks. Looks good.

Gord

#3682 6 years ago

It's actually kind of a pain in the ass to make. I have to completely take apart the Jeep, cut and modify the inside plastic bumper to fit a 12 volt led mini strip behind it , and make a wiring harness. Then carefully put it back together so it looks cool. I do all of this to make this available for people that don't have the time or skill set to make this. No one else is making them anywhere. If you choose to make it yourself , PM and I will give you all details on how to DIY it yourself. Running a business, maintaining a website , ordering parts , painting and a lot of shipping is a lot of work. I try my best.

#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its about the size of your hand fyi, unless you are some kind of giant.

Not sure how thats a hot wheels toy. Either way, the jeep Is $20, his time and leds are worth $22 easily.

Not sure why yall are bitching.

#3684 6 years ago

Modfather, I get that you're a business and you need to make money and all, but what is the deal with your pterodactyls you are selling? I just bought the same exact product on Amazon for $11, compared to your $42 toys.

(Also your velociraptors are the same product from amazon with a hugely gouged price.)

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-playfield-pteroductyl

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GL1BHO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Modfather, I get that you're a business and you need to make money and all, but what is the deal with your pterodactyls you are selling? I just bought the same exact product on Amazon for $11, compared to your $42 toys.
(Also your velociraptors are the same product from amazon with a hugely gouged price.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-playfield-pteroductyl
amazon.com link »

Right, so as an informed consumer, you found a better deal, move on. You guys....

#3686 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the black post rubber with colored rubber? If so can you post a picture, in the middle of a complete tear down and cant decided what color to purchase. Thanks.

#3687 6 years ago

Mine has trees so I went with green posts to match.

80BD252A-539D-49D7-B8E9-F51781EF2206 (resized).jpeg80BD252A-539D-49D7-B8E9-F51781EF2206 (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Mine has trees so I went with green posts

Love the entire look. Where did you purchase the trees and raptor from?

#3689 6 years ago

Unfortunately the trees and Raptor were on it when I bought the machine. I added the back panel and scoop lighting, white ball and the rubber.

#3690 6 years ago

The Modfather has some nice things. Might do some Internet searching as these smaller mods are fun to make DIY projects.

#3691 6 years ago

Yellow of course

1506277861617-1138720375 (resized).jpg1506277861617-1138720375 (resized).jpg

#3692 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Mine has trees so I went with green posts to match.

Was that paint under the jackpot arrows always yellow? Mine's fluorange.

#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

Was that paint under the jackpot arrows always yellow? Mine's fluorange.

It's faded. Very common with this game. The original paint is Fluorecsent orange. If you still have it then good for you.

#3694 6 years ago

You can see it's orange in the first pic. The flash on my phone seems to have made it look way more yellow than it actually is.

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

It's faded. Very common with this game. The original paint is Fluorecsent orange. If you still have it then good for you.

Yup, the original color is orange. See photo below.

Gord

DSCN0361 (resized).JPGDSCN0361 (resized).JPG

#3696 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Has anyone replaced the black post rubber with colored rubber? If so can you post a picture, in the middle of a complete tear down and cant decided what color to purchase. Thanks.

Be careful of which posts you get if you go with a color. I had SuperBands on my posts and they made the ball FLY. So many airballs. I eventually put on Cliffy Posts in grey, and airballs stopped.

#3697 6 years ago

Yeah my yellows are cliffy's

#3698 6 years ago

What voltage globes are used in the lights above the scoops?

I've tried using a bunch of different led's to replace them and only the original globes ever work.

#3699 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

File_000 (resized).jpegFile_000 (resized).jpeg

I could never decide if I liked yellow or green better. I went with both. I'm about to install green rubber everywhere so I'll probably swap back to all yellow or maybe yellow orange once I do that.

#3700 6 years ago

Anyone have any of these plastics they want to sell? Thanks.

20170926_114222 (resized).jpg20170926_114222 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/74?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.