65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 203.
#3601 6 years ago

Someone trade me your JP and me lub yoy long tim. (please get that reference.)

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

60% of the time it works every time.

#3603 6 years ago

Thanks to a fellow pinside member i've obtained a new t-rex lower jaw plastic that I have yet to install.

I have noticed that most machines jaw plastics are chipped in the middle.

Has anyone looked at how this can be prevented?

My rex jaw does have the two metal tabs on it. Is it enough as my old jaw was chipped also but as I don't know the history of this machine I don't know if the chipping happened before or after the newer style jaw was installed.

#3604 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks to a fellow pinside member i've obtained a new t-rex lower jaw plastic that I have yet to install.
I have noticed that most machines jaw plastics are chipped in the middle.
Has anyone looked at how this can be prevented?
My rex jaw does have the two metal tabs on it. Is it enough as my old jaw was chipped also but as I don't know the history of this machine I don't know if the chipping happened before or after the newer style jaw was installed.

Yes, buy the new improved T-Rex!

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Me too. I think there is a lot of demand for this one locally up North here so I'm not holding my breath

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Let's check back in 20 years, just so it's a fair fight.

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Wrong website...

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Wrong website...

I think its an Office reference....I THINK....

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"I hit it some times, but not consistently"
I get that, but I'm asking if you actually Try to hit the saucer how often can you hit it.
Most people do not realize you can backhand the right ramp on AS every time perfectly once you trap up. Even game owners seem to play their games same way over and over. I'm trying to think outside the box

Normally. I can hear the clink in my head just thinking about it.

Now, that friggin power shed....

#3610 6 years ago

"I wish you were trying to trade something other than BDK"

I like the crane bash toy a lot, but scoring 1 Billion points in just 20 shots issue with code, I would sell BDK too. Lyman got sloppy and left the backdoor open to ruin that game

#3611 6 years ago

"I wish you were trying to trade something other than BDK"
I like the crane bash toy a lot, but scoring 1 Billion points in just 20 shots issue with code, I would sell BDK too. Lyman got sloppy and left the backdoor open to ruin that game

Well I mean, you don't HAVE to exploit the game.

It's a bit more than 20, but in any case, it's also pretty difficult to achieve.

#3612 6 years ago

"Well I mean, you don't HAVE to exploit the game"

Problem is you only have to succeed one time using this strategy, and you will be Grand Champ score forever. But yah, ignorance is bliss

#3613 6 years ago

"Well I mean, you don't HAVE to exploit the game"
Problem is you only have to succeed one time using this strategy, and you will be Grand Champ score forever. But yah, ignorance is bliss

That's fair. I can accept that.

#3614 6 years ago

Is there supposed to be a shooter tip on this thing?

20170830_163917 (resized).jpg20170830_163917 (resized).jpg

#3615 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is there supposed to be a shooter tip on this thing?

nope

#3616 6 years ago

So what is consensus on JP software ver? Are most owners running latest jailbrake Hack from some dude in his garage or Official Data East drop by the real company? Curious if hack helps or screws re-sale value.

#3617 6 years ago

So what is consensus on JP software ver? Are most owners running latest jailbrake Hack from some dude in his garage or Official Data East drop by the real company? Curious if hack helps or screws re-sale value.

Shots fired ChadH

The "dude in his garage" made Data East's Star Wars and Jurassic Park way better games to play. Baywatch too, I believe.

#3618 6 years ago

ChadH 6.0 code is the bomb, you are lowering value if your not running it. I don't think it was any kind of shots fired just an honest question.

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd asked previously and I'm not eligible for a sale, (I'm in Australia). I'd gladly buy one from another member that wants to sell one. You offering?

My question still stands for the rest of the not so lucky original rex owners.

#3620 6 years ago

It's a $15 swap out if a potential buyer doesn't want it. It makes a lot of things better.

#3621 6 years ago

Making sure. My rubber kit came with one but it didn't look like it would go on

#3622 6 years ago

There is no doubt Chad's attractions will drive kids out of their minds.

6.0 is the greatest thing since socketed roms!

#3623 6 years ago

Curious if hack helps or screws re-sale value.

If you're terrible at chip pulling and replacing and damage the board in the process, then yeah, I'd guess that won't help the value too much.

#3624 6 years ago

Just hang onto the replaced ROMs. Next buyer can decide.

#3625 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a JP ramp these days, or is it unobtanium? Left entrance is broke on mine, even a cliffy would be helpful but I don't see one specific for that either.

#3626 6 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Does anyone know where to get a JP ramp these days, or is it unobtanium? Left entrance is broke on mine, even a cliffy would be helpful but I don't see one specific for that either.

I am guessing that it is unobtanium. I have never seen one offered for sale on Pinside, however it is possible that a collector has one in their parts stash so it doesn't hurt to ask.

You may want to reach out to Cliffy directly via email to see about him creating a custom ramp protector.

Gord

#3627 6 years ago

OrangeSC and I have joined the club

Ordered new Chad H roms

Will need to do some diag time with it. One issue is the ball is getting stuck under the far left pop bumper. The Dino is having left right issues.

#3628 6 years ago

I have a spare that needs some polishing. Its solid, but has some scratches. $85+ shipping

#3629 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

orangesc and I have joined the club
Ordered new Chad H roms
Will need to do some diag time with it. One issue is the ball is getting stuck under the far left pop bumper. The Dino is having left right issues.

My Dino left/right turned out to be the plate in front of him being too tight. Installed some spacers and much better. Good luck, and welcome to the club!

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I am having a problem getting my JP playfield incline set. I have 30.5 inch legs all around and with the leg levelers on the front set as low as they can go (jam nuts removed and levelers bottomed out on leg) and the rear levelers set as high as they can go (just one turn of threads above leg material) I can only get 7 degrees of incline. I would like to find out if this is normal or maybe the front legs should be the shorter 28 inch variety? Yes, my floor is level, I checked that first. I am not trusting the built in levels, I am using something better. I am measuring directly on the playfield surface. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

I too am looking for input on this. How are your games leveled? What should it be? I have mine at what seems like is the max incline I can get but my ball seems sorta slow and lazily comes down the playfield some of the time.

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I too am looking for input on this. How are your games leveled? What should it be? I have mine at what seems like is the max incline I can get but my ball seems sorta slow and lazily comes down the playfield some of the time.

This should help some

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/level-a-pinball

#3632 6 years ago

My game is level at the playfeild left and right. I was main curious what slop you guys are running JP on and if your games seems slower compared to others. My rear leg levelers are fully extended and my fronts are as compressed as it seems possible but yet the slop still seems pretty flat. I'll have to measure the actual number later on tonight. I've got A13 right next to JP and that game has no problem with setting a high and fast slop. My first thought is maybe I have the wrong legs in the front. They're 500-5921-50 30.5" square

#3633 6 years ago

A little help. My lower right flipper is weak (can not "slam") the control room, it just rolls in, upper right is great. What could be problem? coil bad?

#3634 6 years ago

Check the spring, bushings, and the overall assembly. It's hard for a coil to actually go bad.

#3635 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

My lower right flipper is weak (can not "slam") the control room, it just rolls in, upper right is great.

Wires falling off the End of Stop switch on the flipper mech is the most common cause, or that switch is dirty.

#3636 6 years ago

Put a new coil sleeve in, too.

#3637 6 years ago

Just picked up a JP in a trade, didn't have many expectations but loving the game play. A couple of questions, how tall is the topper? I am close to the celling and not worth ordering if I can't install. Second question, did JP have custom legs or was it designed to be tallest pinball in the line? Thanks

#3638 6 years ago

My JP is extra tall as well!! I assumed the wrong black legs were installed at one point. Am I wrong? Mine are 30" end to end. I just tell everyone the game is T-REX sized.

The topper is about 15" tall, so I imagine it would never work in a short room. I have about 2" clearance in a normal height room.

#3639 6 years ago

For the record, I helped Chad with JP code as well as a bunch of the other machines that he released code on. At least for me, my work was done in the basement, thank you very much.

6.0 does not change much in the way the game plays, but balances a lot of weird inconsistencies out of it. I'm obviously biased from working on it, but it greatly improves the game and gives it the polish that a lot of DE games back then never quite got.

Having said that, if you're selling it, I don't think it changes the value. A new player isn't going to see the difference unless they know to look, and even if they do, it's not a huge cost to buy and install after the fact.

#3640 6 years ago

Somebody just try it, please. If it works then it might be easiest/worst wizard mode of all time (hoping I'm wrong!)

This doesn't work, at least not how you're thinking. The pops can only hold a couple balls at a time, and the drain switches do not count toward the total, so if you don't touch the balls you end up with two in the pops and the others cycling through the kick out sequence.

The actual strategy is to have a ball or two in the pops and loop whatever you can around the ramp. When the balls drop out of the pops, drain one at a time to keep them first into the pops.

One if the things that I actually think is genius about System Failure is that how you "play" it doesnt overly affect your score - the difference between doing nothing and playing "strategically" is probably about the sense as completing mode - 30mil difference or so. The real points are from hitting the Chaos multiball jackpot with six balls in play, which is damn near impossible. If your game is set up hard, as mine is, hitting that jackpot at all is nearly impossible.

#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Just picked up a JP in a trade, didn't have many expectations but loving the game play. A couple of questions, how tall is the topper? I am close to the celling and not worth ordering if I can't install. Second question, did JP have custom legs or was it designed to be tallest pinball in the line? Thanks

If you do find yourself in the market for a topper contact me, I have new ones for sale.

#3642 6 years ago

Anyone have pictures with spotlights added to their JP? I'm thinking about trying it out to reduce the blinding of the flashers.

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

If you do find yourself in the market for a topper contact me, I have new ones for sale.

Do you have any measurements of the topper? I would like to buy a topper but this pin is very tall for my basement. Thanks

#3644 6 years ago

Someone on FB found a NIB JP

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3645 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone on FB found a NIB JP

Always wondered if there was a NIB JP out there. He need to take photos of it straight away. I've always wondered what the exact placement and alignment of the pterodactyls was.

Man that would have been awesome. She offered it for free?!?! Crazy good deal for $500.

#3646 6 years ago

It probably ships with batteries installed. Yikes.

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

But, they were 1993 batteries. My JP sat in my basement for nearly 15 years with original batteries installed. No leaks.

Then I discovered Pinside and promptly replaced with an nvram.

#3648 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Hell, even if it had battery damage, I'd still be happy with my purchase. May be easier to just replace the board(s) anyway. Could have capacitors dried up too.

#3649 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The topper is about 15" tall,

Thanks, good thing I asked, I max out at 8 inches with those long legs.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It was $500!!!! That's a deal at 5 times the price!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/73?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.