Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 143.
#3451 2 years ago

The color code isn't scheduled to release until Aug 4th. Apparently they get the units out quick though, ordered yesterday and my display is supposed to be here tomorrow.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Pics? No one posts color dmd pics after they install....i wanna see!

Its been 3 months. Green was OK but went with the orange. LED = NICE!!

JPCDMD (resized).jpg

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

The color code isn't scheduled to release until Aug 4th. Apparently they get the units out quick though, ordered yesterday and my display is supposed to be here Saturday.

Quick indeed. I had a tracking number before I was finished calculating the GST I'd need to pay when I bring it across the border. I hope it's marked "made in USA", I don't wanna hafta pay duty on top of that...

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

Quick indeed. I had a tracking number before I was finished calculating the GST I'd need to pay when I bring it across the boarder. I hope it's marked "made in USA", I don't wanna hafta pay duty on top of that...

I sent my wife to get mine for me. I dunno why but it always works. When they ask her what are you bringing back and she says I don't really know its some part for my husband silly pinball machine. They just chuckle and wave her through. If I go pick up, I get lots of questions, what do I do for a living, why can I not get parts in Canada is this for commercial use...

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Nope, I don't think the code has been released yet on the site.
http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

On or before Aug 4th, as per the announcement.

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

No video's been posted yet I assume?

Release is not for another week. Hopefully we will see a video preview by Wednesday.

#3457 2 years ago

Don't think I have been this excited for a video preview for quite some time, JP just has so many cool animations that are going to look awesome in colour.

#3458 2 years ago

I will be the first to say that I'm like 50-50 on it. Some of the screen shots posted had the greens very dark and the Dinos looked cartoonish - mostly the raptor skill shot. Waiting to see a video before deciding.

I think trex multiball screen and match screen could offer a lot.

#3459 2 years ago

Yeah I'm surprised about the hype when it costs tree fiddy. That's just way too much IMO but it is neato.

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah I'm surprised about the hype when it costs tree fiddy. That's just way too much IMO but it is neato.

How much are replacement DMD's to begin with? Could recoup some of the cost by selling the old one? Sure there are some people who need a OEM replacement.

#3461 2 years ago

I need someone to post a video of Dr. Hammond making it rain while they're doing the T-Rex one.

#3462 2 years ago

I ordered the color DMD

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I once felt the same way, but was comparing to the like 4 color palate swap ones. And then I thought back to playing a colored Addams on my trip to the Chicago Beercade a few years ago and felt like it was the coolest thing as I had never seen it before. Integrated mods like this are also easier to hide from non gaming significant others than say the Ms PacMan I decided to show up with after work a few weeks ago lol. And remember you're close enough to me to come check it out in person if you need a demo.

#3464 2 years ago

Playing the game you don't see much of the dmd, but well worth it, when you look up and it is color. It took me a few months before I got one JD, love them! They make the game "pop" and breathe new life into it. I will put one in every dmd I have at the house.

#3465 2 years ago

D'oh, nevermind, I had the wrong color dmd instructions. lol

#3466 2 years ago

Color DMD installed! Well monochrome for now but I'll be posting a gameplay video on Friday when the code comes out. Feel free to subscribe to my channel YouTube.com/brewersarcade

I also included in the upcoming video showing how your work should look for those that may be unsure.

IMG_5319 (resized).JPG

#3467 2 years ago

My original DE DMD is for sale if anyone is interested. Nice shape.

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

My original DE DMD is for sale if anyone is interested. Nice shape.

How much?

#3469 2 years ago

Mine's installed too! I figured there would be a glut of dmds for sale after the color dmd announcement.

#3470 2 years ago

No smoke! No Fire!

20170730_003324642_iOS (resized).jpg

20170730_003347962_iOS (resized).jpg

20170730_004508182_iOS (resized).jpg

#3471 2 years ago

Wow a billion. I need to start playing again.....

#3472 2 years ago

Here's a video of my ColorDMD installation. Sorry for the crappy watermark:

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I will be the first to say that I'm like 50-50 on it. Some of the screen shots posted had the greens very dark and the Dinos looked cartoonish - mostly the raptor skill shot. Waiting to see a video before deciding.

They're dinosaurs rendered in low res pixels. The original animations are cartoonist. ColorDMD's primary purpose is to colorize the existing images, so they're going to end up being colorized cartoonist dinos. There may end up being an over use of green, but the alternative would have probably been brown, and I don't know if brown reads well in RGB LEDs.

#3474 2 years ago

Wow a billion. I need to start playing again.....

lol, that was probably my best game ever
I wanna try to beat it again before installing 6.0

#3475 2 years ago

Here is my ColorDMD installation video. Of course I will be doing an update when the color code is released to show it in action!

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

lol, that was probably my best game ever
I wanna try to beat it again before installing 6.0

Just beat me by about 100 million. My best is 1.113 billion on 6.00.

#3477 2 years ago

Anyone else have an extremely violent shaker? Any way to dial it down? It is stupid loud and shakey.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone else have an extremely violent shaker?

If you look for shaker motor adjustment on here, you will see how you adjust the angle offset/balance of the two weights to adjust a shaker.

Here is some info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-shaker-motor-power-adjustment-not-for-how-often-used

#3479 2 years ago

You rule. Maybe I'll actually be able to turn that thing on later.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone else have an extremely violent shaker? Any way to dial it down? It is stupid loud and shakey.

Kinda the point...lol.

#3481 2 years ago

Might its bolts be loose?

Well I bit the bullet and ordered about 200 little LED lightbulbs (I like a little variety). Hopefully they show up in Ogdensburg by the weekend so I can go pick up those and my ColourDMD all in one go. Table's gonna look sharp when I get it back together in November. Either that or it's going to short out and blow itself across the room.

#3482 2 years ago

3 Days! Wheres the video COLORDMD???

#3483 2 years ago

3 Days! Wheres the video COLORDMD???

I know! I'm dying to see the preview!

#3484 2 years ago

Video preview is out... let me know what you guys think!!!!.. also I try and take some photos of how I mounted my LCD panel in JP... I had this installed before they even had a LED display... it sits way back as I did not mess with speaker panel...looks ok dead on but you can tell there's a gap when viewed from side... involved some drilling and modification to ColorDMD.. LED is way to go but I know it some might have one laying around...

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Video preview is out... let me know what you guys think!!!!..

Bad ass!!

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I fully retract my doubts after seeing the video. Looks really good.

#3487 2 years ago

Oh shit that video just added a lot more sales. Those colors looks awesome esp. for the Ford Explorers in the proper colors!

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Video preview is out... let me know what you guys think!!!!..

It looks amazing!! Well done sir.
Better than I even imagined it would be!

#3489 2 years ago

Video is here:

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Oh shit that video just added a lot more sales. Those colors looks awesome esp. for the Ford Explorers in the proper colors!

I bought the DVD and lots of google image searches to try and keep true to movie!

#3491 2 years ago

Great job!!! Now all we need is the code. Release it Please. I did ask nice.

#3492 2 years ago

OK - that looks way awesome! I was thinking some of the dinos looked like they might be green, but that video is showing that they're more brownish (true to the film!). I'm curious to know how well brown reads in the RGB LEDs. I think I'll be getting one regardless, but I'd be curious to hear from others who have it.

#3493 2 years ago

That looks awesome. Of coarce I sold my JP 2 Weeks before the announcement of color DMD.

#3494 2 years ago

I really want to see the "they should all be destroyed" animation. Cant wait to get mine! Some time after my vacation, so probably end of the month.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm curious to know how well brown reads in the RGB LEDs.

The JP video preview was filmed using a video camera pointed at the LED display. Unfortunately, the camera reduces the brightness and tends to make some colors appear a little washed out (especially yellows). In person, the colors are more saturated and appear more vibrant.

#3496 2 years ago

I've got some noob pinball wiring questions that are only partially park specific

My middle scoop switch only works if the ball goes in the scoop with some force. The actual mechanics of the switch seem like it should be working well but it is not. I popped the hood and looked underneath and one of the lugs is de-soldered. However, it still works with or without that point making contact when I activate the switch by hand. Why the hell is that? Does the switch just need manual adjustment? Is it supposed to be soldered on there because it sure looks like it.

http://imgur.com/a/ghYRF

<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My other question is about the dock eject coil. The way it is sitting now the lugs are sticking out and can get knocked around and contact the rails when the playfield is being taken out. Can the whole coil be turned so that the lugs are pointing to the inside instead of outside?

20170803_145854 (resized).jpg

#3497 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jurassic-park-owner-needs-help

I had the same issue, just needed to bend the the actuator arm a little, works perfectly now.

#3498 2 years ago

Are those wires / diodes supposed to be soldered to that switch lug?

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Are those wires / diodes supposed to be soldered to that switch lug?

Yup. I'm bad at drawing diodes but this one's definitely there, pointing towards the two brown wires.

20170803_195306 (resized).jpg

#3500 2 years ago

I meant the ones on the switch in the other photo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rexford, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside