65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 203.
#3401 6 years ago

Tinkered with my A hole tonight.........

Put a new switch in and hot glued over the solder. No more missed modes for me

#3402 6 years ago

kruzman may have nos left. Rock custom pinball has them in his shop...not sure if his are nos or repro.. but should be showing in the suggested items at the bottom of the screen from his pinside shop. Trying out pinside on my phone right now and can't see the item lol

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

Does anyone have a Jurassic Park topper they want to sell?

These guys are making them:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00843-jurassic-park-topper

#3405 6 years ago

Installed mirror blades in my game.

Side note: I ordered them from Pinball Side Mirrors. I ordered their "extreme mirrored black," as I thought it would look good with darker mirrors. From what I can tell they sent me regular mirrored ones. PSM's customer service is lacking and they were very slow to reply to my inquiries and I never got a satisfactory answer about the wrong style being sent. Just something to consider if you decide to ordered from them.

Anyway, the blades still look pretty good in game, I think, so I'm moving on.

Here are some pics...

jpMirror3 (resized).jpgjpMirror3 (resized).jpg
jpMirror2 (resized).jpgjpMirror2 (resized).jpg
jpMirror1a (resized).jpgjpMirror1a (resized).jpg

#3406 6 years ago

They look awesome mate. Think I might partake in some myself.
If its any consultation, everyone I know with the black mirror blades have been disappointed as you can hardly tell they're installed.

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

If its any consultation, everyone I know with the black mirror blades have been disappointed as you can hardly tell they're installed.

Thanks. Maybe that's the case with my blades.

#3408 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Side note: I ordered them from Pinball Side Mirrors. I ordered their "extreme mirrored black," as I thought it would look good with darker mirrors. From what I can tell they sent me regular mirrored ones. PSM's customer service is lacking and they were very slow to reply to my inquiries and I never got a satisfactory answer about the wrong style being sent. Just something to consider if you decide to ordered from them.
Here are some pics...

Nice Gate!

#3409 6 years ago

lol, yes it is nice! You do great work.

I kept my original gate lamps and secured them to the back of the new gate. Using bendable leds, you can just see them when in modes like bone busting, etc.

gate (resized).jpggate (resized).jpg

#3410 6 years ago

I have a question about mirrored blades that always puzzled me. If you have to lift the playfield, do you have to take the blades off? If not, do you run the risk of scratching them when lifting the playfield? I always thought the playfield was already really close to the inside cabinet wall so I wasn't sure if blades ever interfered.

#3411 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I have a question about mirrored blades that always puzzled me. If you have to lift the playfield, do you have to take the blades off? If not, do you run the risk of scratching them when lifting the playfield? I always thought the playfield was already really close to the inside cabinet wall so I wasn't sure if blades ever interfered.

You have to be REALLY careful. I've seen some people install felt on the edges of their pfs to help too.

#3412 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Here are some pics...

What is the screen you have mounted on the playfield?

#3415 6 years ago

Hey guys! Looks like we may have ColorDMD soon. As of right now, looks like the clues ColorDMD have been given point to Jurassic Park.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/45#post-3883927

#3416 6 years ago

I hope, I hope, I hope!!

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Is there a more accurate rubber list? I know some of mine are incorrect, as I ordered per the manual, but putting them on, realized that changes had been made post-manual creation. Would love to see someone who knows theirs is correct, post placement and correct sizes of the rubbers.

Did we ever get an actual list of rubber sizes for JP? I'd like to test out some translucent silicone rubber on the slingshots but not really sure how to measure rubbers. Looks like the slingshots could be 3" or 3.5". Anyone know the correct size? woody24 what size super bands you ended up putting on and are they working for you?

18486146_10211655903946716_5554798603318082185_n (resized).jpg18486146_10211655903946716_5554798603318082185_n (resized).jpg

#3418 6 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Did we ever get an actual list of rubber sizes for JP? I'd like to test out some translucent silicone rubber on the slingshots but not really sure how to measure rubbers. Looks like the slingshots could be 3" or 3.5". Anyone know the correct size? woody24 what size super bands you ended up putting on and are they working for you?

I had never seen an official list. And I'm pretty sure I had to go a size smaller for the slingshots than what the manual said. The ball would get caught by the rubber in the lanes. But I only went Super Bands for my flippers. All the rest are standard black. But I did end up replacing my flippers with a different brand of flipper rubber. The Super Bands were too bouncy or grippy. Got a lot of airballs with those. A lot less so with the new ones.

#3419 6 years ago

I have Titan translucent silcon rubbers on my slings. 2 3/4" inner diameter. Titan part number: CS-234ID-CL

#3420 6 years ago

And it's officially announced this morning!
JP is ColorDMD's #62!

#3421 6 years ago

Awesome news! Can't wait to get off work.

#3422 6 years ago

Awesome. Just placed my order!

#3423 6 years ago

Ordered mine too!! Can't wait!

#3424 6 years ago

ugh!! of course the color DMD gets released right after I buy a tilt topper...

hurry Christmas hurry fast

#3425 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Awesome. Just placed my order!

lol yep. I tried to talk myself out of it. I lost yet I won at the same time. In the middle of typing this post and just got the shipping confirmation. I guess I see doing some videos in the near future.

#3426 6 years ago

True to the movie, this game has turned into a "spared no expense" situation for me!

#3427 6 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

In the middle of typing this post and just got the shipping confirmation. I guess I see doing some videos in the near future.

Nice! Now we just have to wait until August 4th to get the code.

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Nice! Now we just have to wait until August 4th to get the code.

Which is perfect. I leave for vacation that day. No temptation until I get back!

#3429 6 years ago

Mine is on order! I'll take a video for those who haven't installed a ColorDMD yet (although it's pretty damn simple).

#3430 6 years ago

Restoration of my own table is now underway. It wasn't in desperate need of it, but fixing an A-hole turned into clear coating and that led to depopulating the whole table, and while I'm in here anyway this bulb holder's a bit corroded, and speaking of LEDs.... you know how it goes. I'm starting to understand why people get like this with cars. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm going to screw it up somewhere along the way but hey that's the fun part. Already had one mishap with the wrong epoxy - the container said it'd dry hard and clear but it's tacky and yellow so that's gotta be dremeled off so I can have another go at it.

You know that allen screw that holds the flipper bat in place? Whoever decided to make those out of pressed piss and corn flakes needs to do a few laps around the inside of the tiger cage. Bent my cheater bar and reamed the inside, and the vice grips I used to turn it just scraped the outside, so I'll have to dremel it out.

Wheee!

(This is almost as much fun as playing the game)

#3431 6 years ago

So having never had one before, has there been a consensus on LCD v LED? I will be putting one of these in mine.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

So having never had one before, has there been a consensus on LCD v LED? I will be putting one of these in mine.

I believe JP will only be done in LED. I've noticed this with a few of the games recently. Not sure if it's size required, programming, or cost related.

#3433 6 years ago

I have both the LED and the LCD and I think it really comes down to personal preference. The LED fits much better in JP and is a slightly easier install. The LED is a bit brighter and the LCD a little softer and has the added modes. I only use dots anyway so the modes dont mean much to me.

#3434 6 years ago

I think all DE games are only coded for the LED version.

EDIT: This is incorrect, ColorDMD responded below this post.

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

I do not think this is true, I would have Randy confirm.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I do not think this is true, I would have Randy confirm.

I'm not 100%, but there is this:

install (resized).jpginstall (resized).jpg

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

I'm not 100%, but there is this:

I think that is just the installation instructions. I don't think they have instructions because you have to permantetly mode a little to make the LCD fit in a DE. I am pretty sure the it runs on LCD. If you like LCD I would confirm with Randy and not just order the LED.

#3438 6 years ago

Paging danczaz or Dmod , do you know our question above?

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

I've read in the main ColorDMD thread that this is the case - something about mounting issues on the DE machines makes LED the only option.

#3440 6 years ago

Anyone ever heard of JP playfields being re-run? T2 has just been done among other titles, would love to see JP have a fresh run of PFs, I would snap one up instantly.

#3441 6 years ago

From what I've read both LED and LCD will work with the code but you have to permanently mod the speaker panel to fit the LCD (which is why it's not listed on their site), also I think you have to pull out the speaker panel to access the boards because the light panel/door won't clear the LCD version.

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

From what I've read both LED and LCD will work with the code but you have to permanently mod the speaker panel to fit the LCD (which is why it's not listed on their site), also I think you have to pull out the speaker panel to access the boards because the light panel/door won't clear the LCD version.

This is correct.

Software support for LCD is provided, but we don't officially support or encourage LCD installation because it requires cutting a notch in the top of the plastic speaker panel to accommodate the LCD.

The LED will fit without any change to the speaker panel and is the recommended display for DE games with plastic speaker panels.

#3443 6 years ago

And Chad confirmed that the ColorDMD will work with code 6.00

#3444 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Good info, I didn't even think about that.

#3445 6 years ago

LED would be the way to go for JP. I have an LCD installed in mine with DMD Extender and the screen sticks out in front of the bulbs in the back and I actually cracked my screen when servicing it because of this. Not to mention it requires some permanent modifications to the speaker panel.

#3446 6 years ago

I have had my LED for about 3 months.

18bsz8 (resized).jpg18bsz8 (resized).jpg

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I have had my LED for about 2 months.

Pics? No one posts color dmd pics after they install....i wanna see!

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Was there any doubt?

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Was there any doubt?

I had doubt. I didn't know how ColorDMD worked, and if they stuck strictly to official code or not.

No video's been posted yet I assume?

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I had doubt. I didn't know how ColorDMD worked, and if they stuck strictly to official code or not.
No video's been posted yet I assume?

Nope, I don't think the code has been released yet on the site.

http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/69?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.