65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 203.
#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, I'm sure this is covered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it - I'm looking for instructions on how/where to install ChadH's ROM. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Here's a video I made for JP

#3252 6 years ago

Question:
When I first got JP, the upper backbox lights were out. I found a burnt connector and changed/re-pinned the wires and got them working.

A few weeks ago, my power up play board went out and I replaced it with a Rottendog. Everything works great. In fact, the board solved my weak coil issues. However, as soon as I powered the game up with the new board, the top backbox lights are out again. Connectors look good and are seated properly. What else should I check?

#3253 6 years ago

Check to see if the voltages are at the bulbs and work your way back to the board. I had a bad pin at a Z connector that was causing me to lose the top GI lights on the backboard.

#3254 6 years ago

...aaaaaand it ended up being F2 on the PPB board. Fuse was blown. At least it was an easy fix. Thanks for the help!

1 week later
#3255 6 years ago

I've just unboxed my jp I've had in storage and I am having some trex issues.

In the diagnostics you can move Rex around manually. I can move him in all directions but the left/right movements appear jerky and not smooth.

If I disable the left right option in adjustments how do I center the head to where it needs to pick up the ball? Diagnostic options just go either full left or full right. It never stops in the center. The center switch is triggered successfully so it does know when it's centered.

#3256 6 years ago

In getting ready to go pick up our new GB premium yesterday, my wife and I turned on our pinball machines to play them for the first time in a few months (we have been playing machines on location, but have not been playing our machines). We realized that we were both playing JP more than anything else and it is really our favorite of everything we have. It is not that we don't like the other machines, but for some reason we both always come back to JP. JP is the first machine I bought in my modern collection (I had an EM collection for years that I had to sell when we moved to Dallas). I bought it 14 years ago and we still love it. I thought that was interesting considering most think of it as a "B" title.

I have modded my JP pretty significantly with the new T-Rex, the opening park gates, lighted backboard, lighted banner plastic, scoop light mod, Jeep with flashers, East Dock sign, and PinSound board. The one thing it really needs is a color DMD. I have the LED color DMD for my DESW and really like it, but there isn't one available for JP yet. Does anyone know the reason that Color DMD hasn't made a package for JP yet?

IMG_0503 (resized).JPGIMG_0503 (resized).JPG

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

In getting ready to go pick up our new GB premium yesterday, my wife and I turned on our pinball machines to play them for the first time in a few months (we have been playing machines on location, but have not been playing our machines). We realized that we were both playing JP more than anything else and it is really our favorite of everything we have. It is not that we don't like the other machines, but for some reason we both always come back to JP. JP is the first machine I bought in my modern collection (I had an EM collection for years that I had to sell when we moved to Dallas). I bought it 14 years ago and we still love it. I thought that was interesting considering most think of it as a "B" title.
I have modded my JP pretty significantly with the new T-Rex, the opening park gates, lighted backboard, lighted banner plastic, scoop light mod, Jeep with flashers, East Dock sign, and PinSound board. The one thing it really needs is a color DMD. I have the LED color DMD for my DESW and really like it, but there isn't one available for JP yet. Does anyone know the reason that Color DMD hasn't made a package for JP yet?

That T-rex is fantastic! Who makes those?

#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That T-rex is fantastic! Who makes those?

Winteriscoming made a few batches of them. I am not sure if he is still making them or not. They are a great mod. He did a very nice job with sculpting and painting them.

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I have the LED color DMD for my DESW and really like it, but there isn't one available for JP yet. Does anyone know the reason that Color DMD hasn't made a package for JP yet?

They have not colored the dots yet. You can get a led dmd from them for it. I have one on mine, got it for when they do get the dots colored.

#3260 6 years ago

Set of 6 trees. Cover shipping and they are yours.

DSC05488 (resized).JPGDSC05488 (resized).JPG

#3261 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Set of 6 trees. Cover shipping and they are yours.

I would totally be all over this but I just ordered 12 trees from China for $5.99!

#3262 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I would totally be all over this but I just ordered 12 trees from China for $5.99!

They don't have a base though, so this is a great deal for someone...

#3263 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Shipping to Canada would be over 6 bucks. You got a good deal from China!

#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Do you have a link for those china trees?

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Shipping to Canada would be over 6 bucks. You got a good deal from China!

$5.49 with free shipping! lol

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from shadem:

Do you have a link for those china trees?

Search for model train palm trees. TONS of selection depending on what your looking for. I got some with a little yellow added, think it looks better.

#3267 6 years ago

New mascot for JP Club.
This dude cracked me up at the Indy 500.
20170528_141843 (resized).jpg20170528_141843 (resized).jpg

#3268 6 years ago

So I'm shopping out my JP (finally ) and have very hard standup targets on the right of the popbumpers. Almost impossible to trigger during normal play.
I'm planning to take them out to investigate (from under the playfield) but was wondering, if this is a common issue with an adviced fix?

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

So I'm shopping out my JP (finally ) and have very hard standup targets on the right of the popbumpers. Almost impossible to trigger during normal play.
I'm planning to take them out to investigate (from under the playfield) but was wondering, if this is a common issue with an adviced fix?

I had that issue too, sometimes it just as easy as pressing hard on them to get them closer to the contact behind the plastic. getting them closer will make it easier for the ball to trigger it at a lower/softer speed. I hope this helps

#3270 6 years ago

I've had that issue on other games, sometimes you just need to adjust/clean the switches but also sometimes the foam pads behind the target are too hard. Not sure if this is due to age or maybe being switched out with too hard a foam along the way but if that is what it looks like just replace the foam.

#3271 6 years ago

I had a similar issue as well. On my game the target is lined up with the metal bracket, so the plastic target itself is just pushing on the metal and not making a connection with the contact. Sometimes it's a simple as adjusting the target to the right or left.

#3272 6 years ago

Indeed, took them out and that was the issue, plastic not aligned with the bracket. And some switch adjustment.
Space is tight overthere though.

#3273 6 years ago

Can someone tell me if the trex left/right gear box should be hand crankable in both directions?

When looking down on the shaft I can only turn it clock wise easily.

This means my trex is only able to move to its right (my left when installed on the playfield) smoothly.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3274 6 years ago

Solved my rex issue so onto the next.

My ball launcher overshoots into the upper green target instead of into the bumpers.

What is the best method for adjusting this?

I didn't see an option to control the coil power and adjusting the leg heights didn't see to change the balls trajectory enough to make it into the pops.

#3275 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I didn't see an option to control the coil power and adjusting the leg heights didn't see to change the balls trajectory enough to make it into the pops.

Loosen the screw for the ball guide exit, and nudge it down just a tad. Test, and readjust.

#3276 6 years ago

Anybody think that Stern may re-run JP as a vault edition? They have made statements that any game over the history (sega, de, stern) could be re-run as a vault...

#3277 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody think that Stern may re-run JP as a vault edition?

Not a chance. Expensive license, and there are plenty around with an average price under 3k.

#3278 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Not a chance. Expensive license, and there are plenty around with an average price under 3k.

Just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's not possible. Can't imagine what the Star Wars license cost them. Guessing more than a JP license would cost. If they feel it could be profitable, they'll pursue it.

#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody think that Stern may re-run JP as a vault edition? They have made statements that any game over the history (sega, de, stern) could be re-run as a vault...

No, lets hope not. Lets also hope jjp gets jurassic world. Stern is pumping out garbage lately. How do you go from a pin like gb (with a packed playfield with unique shots, molded toys, etc) to sw? What a mess.

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Lets also hope jjp gets jurassic world.

The film was released 2yrs ago. I can't imagine there is an unannounced pin on the way, but who knows.

Raw Thrills did very well with their 2015 $13k JP shooting game.

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The film was released 2yrs ago. I can't imagine there is an unannounced pin on the way, but who knows.
Raw Thrills did very well with their 2015 $13k JP shooting game.

Jw2 coming out this summer though? Or was it 2018? I forget

#3282 6 years ago

IMDB says summer of 2018. Nice.

#3283 6 years ago

Jurassic World is rumoured for a future stern release...

#3284 6 years ago

Everything is rumored as a future release.

#3285 6 years ago

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Loosen the screw for the ball guide exit, and nudge it down just a tad. Test, and readjust.

Pulled it apart and mine couldn't move down enough with where the guides screw holes were.

Ended up bending it with a screw driver braced against a rail prior to the exit so it changed its direction.

In the pics you can see how much deviation was required, dirt line shows when the guide was.

IMG_0610 (resized).JPGIMG_0610 (resized).JPG

IMG_0611 (resized).JPGIMG_0611 (resized).JPG

#3287 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Pulled it apart and mine couldn't move down enough with where the guides screw holes were.
Ended up bending it with a screw driver braced against a rail prior to the exit so it changed its direction.
In the pics you can see how much deviation was required, dirt line shows when the guide was.

You need to clean that game!

#3288 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You need to clean that game!

Haha yep. It's only just been pulled out of storage where it's been for the past 2 years since i picked it up.

It's actually pretty clean just that particular photo shows a moved rail so there is probably a lifetime of gunk under it.

#3289 6 years ago

Hello,
i was wondering if someone could check their JP cpu and tell me which ic they have on their board, 6802 or 6808?
A game like Tommy or Maverick run 6808, and there was a 6802 in this JP, which has been crashing/freezing (and is also a cheaper chip)
Can someone confirm?
Thanks in advance, James

#3290 6 years ago

I have a 6802 in mine. My game was resetting, but that was because of low 5v. Once I replaced connectors and caps on the power supply all was good. Haven't had any freezing of the game.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello,
i was wondering if someone could check their JP cpu and tell me which ic they have on their board, 6802 or 6808?
A game like Tommy or Maverick run 6808, and there was a 6802 in this JP, which has been crashing/freezing (and is also a cheaper chip)
Can someone confirm?
Thanks in advance, James

#3291 6 years ago

I've been working on shopping out my JP and just finished putting on the new plastics from CPR.
Just thought I'd throw some pics up for reference for anyone considering buying the plastic set. As other have said, the blue is darker than the originals. Also, I kept the original back playfield plastic since it lit up better once I did the lighting mod. The repro plastics are definitely more opaque than the originals.

0611170703a (resized).jpg0611170703a (resized).jpg
0609172124c (resized).jpg0609172124c (resized).jpg
0611170703c (resized).jpg0611170703c (resized).jpg
0609172124i (resized).jpg0609172124i (resized).jpg
0611170703b (resized).jpg0611170703b (resized).jpg

#3292 6 years ago

If anyone who recently replaced their plastics has an original in good shape......I'm looking for the plastic behind the vuk with the flasher on it.

#3293 6 years ago

I'm looking for the plastic in front of the VUK. If anyone wants to sell me their original, let me know.

#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I've been working on shopping out my JP and just finished putting on the new plastics from CPR.
Just thought I'd throw some pics up for reference for anyone considering buying the plastic set. As other have said, the blue is darker than the originals. Also, I kept the original back playfield plastic since it lit up better once I did the lighting mod. The repro plastics are definitely more opaque than the originals.

Thanks for posting! They look good in your pics. I will guess it comes down to replacing them all and not mixing old and new.

Is the higher opacity an issue, in your opinion?

#3295 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks for posting! They look good in your pics. I will guess it comes down to replacing them all and not mixing old and new.
Is the higher opacity an issue, in your opinion?

I replaced all of mine and they look great. If you didnt know they were supposed to be lighter, you would never know. I left my back piece as well as the other user, as I think it brightens up the game better with the added light mod.

#3296 6 years ago

It cuts down on the illumination for sure. 2 led frosted bulbs don't brighten much. See the left rear corner for an example. I'm using 2 smd faceted leds from Comet. They seem to work best from what I tried. See the difference on the right rear corner.

I just lit up the repro dinosaurs ruled the earth plastic and it looks pretty good with warm led strip.

14972041475952077756848 (resized).jpg14972041475952077756848 (resized).jpg

#3297 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I have a 6802 in mine. My game was resetting, but that was because of low 5v. Once I replaced connectors and caps on the power supply all was good. Haven't had any freezing of the game.

Thanks,
Yeah, I wasn't getting resets in mine but I would get random freezing/looping, especially during replays at the same time as victory laps or a ton of stuff going on at once.
Upgraded to 6.0 Chad H rom and so far so good.

#3298 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I would get random freezing/looping

It's possible that your looping was related to a bug in the game... which is fixed in my 6.00 patch.

Original: Switch 28 is unused. But there is a bug in the code where if this switch is ever triggered due to a physical fault in the switch matrix then the game would go into a bugged loop until the ball drains.

Update: Switch 28 is now ignored by the code.

If it's not that then most freezes/reboot type of issues would be a problem with the 5 Volt part of the power supply.

#3299 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It's possible that your looping was related to a bug in the game... which is fixed in my 6.00 patch.
Original: Switch 28 is unused. But there is a bug in the code where if this switch is ever triggered due to a physical fault in the switch matrix then the game would go into a bugged loop until the ball drains.
Update: Switch 28 is now ignored by the code.
If it's not that then most freezes/reboot type of issues would be a problem with the 5 Volt part of the power supply.

I'm glad you commented, because this makes it easier to let you know, I'd like to apologize for more or less taking a dump on your code several months back. I was wrong.
While trying to GET the game to freeze up on 5.13, I really put the game through its paces for several hours, and found the game just eh, like I always have before.
So I figured I needed fresh rom/code, I started reading your code to understand it more, installed it, and really can appreciate the little touches that add to the depth of this game. The scoring just seems right on now, and bonus does mean something. It was also nice to add the raptor value and park revenue increases to start, makes it more worthwhile to shoot for now and cash in. There's a lot here now, but those are some of my favorites.

In short, job well done sir.

#3300 6 years ago

does anyone have a high res scan of the ''fire'' decals for the cabinet under the gun handle?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.